Why are Martial Artists so much more alpha than lifters?

is it because it actually takes skill and doesn't just involve putting thing up and down?

or because they aquire aesthetics as a side effect of training their fighting skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-want-to-make-the-thing-about-shane-carwins-wrong-height-clear.2476149/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*alpha*.
No one cares about what you look like in a cage m8. You're in there to throw hands and grapple like your life depends on it, and if you can't do that then theres no reason for you to be in there.
Lifters like to look good & be strong, fighters like to know how to win fights, and their muscle mass is just a side effect on the endless training.

most have brain disorders past 60... dont really want that

plus i like my nose, and general aesthetic... dont really wanna fuck that up either

plus i mean... u dont really ever get big jumping around all the time.. dont really wanna lose my gains

Most of MMA fighters are just like angry kids, not very bright either. Only another fighter or their fanboys would call them alpha.

Biggest portion of em are dyels too, wouldnt recognize them as doing any sport whatsoever if it wasnt for the lame-ass tapout shirts they are all wearing. It´s quite remarkable that a person who actually can fight often is an insecure hothead, the "stars" of MMA get into trouble one would expect of lowlife hoodrats. For being in a pretty "alpha" sport, these people are incredible pussies.

Fighting is something that manlets do to overcome crippling self worth issues.

Civilized men over 6' have no need to fight because they have nothing to prove.

it's because they're agressive as fuck and beat people into a pulp

the average lifter is a beta cuck trying desperately to not be as much of a weakling as he was before

MMA is just the last resort for dumb angry cunts that can't hold down a job. Sure, there are some admirable people who fight but most are just losers in every other aspect of life. Pretty much as beta as it gets

Enjoy your brain damage my dude

you guys sounds like pathetics nerds hahaha

this thread is a perfect example of the amount of self-loathing and insecurity goes on here. nothing but negativity, it is brutal to think this could be an online society of my peers.

i dont want 2 b like u negative nancies anymore

They are agressive because they are insecure little losers. Lifting, working out and taking care of your body is just what smart, sucessful people do as a part of a great and ambitious life.

MMA fighters mostly stem from the bottom of society, if you need to call something "cuck" then I would start with the uneducated trash who lashes out by fighting.

You've never been to certain parts of the world if you hold that view.

I can almost see the scrawny teen in a tapout shirt who wrote this. Just go to bed OP, you got trashed.

Only people I've ever seen pick fights are manlets, and the best fighters in the world are all 5'9'' and under.

OP started this thread just to spew shit, did you really expect any intelligent discussion here?

Of course he´s gonna get shit in return.

You're pretty salty but you're right. A lot of them are manchildren.

He did say civilized. Parts of the world where people "have" to fight are not civilized, barely worth calling human.

I actually do boxing myself, but I thought OP could use some salt with that bitter post.

essentially this

nothing cool about having head injuries and slurring by the time you're 30

if you want to be alpha without ending retarded enter the military and do a high risk job like special forces, EOD, military diver or some shit like that. If you want to bet your life in a cage for amusing someone else, do it.

Nah, there's a word for big guys who fight. They're called operators

>nothing cool about slurring
it's like he's never seen Tombstone

Look mom I made this thread again

Better to be an aggressive manlet borne poor and working to be better than a passive aggressive elitist piece of shit trying to degrade them.

Yeah lets avoid brain damage and get into a profession where you get your limbs blown off. And still risk brain damage.

This the same alpha that played tickle me pickle me on the ground with chael sonnen for three rounds and lost?

Kek. This if you want to do cool things you have to put your life in harms way.

someone sucessfull usually just does cardio. strength and muscle mass is for the "losers".

I like fighting. I just enjoy watching people get angry and then getting shut the fuck down with a left hook to the jaw. But I'm a sociopath who experiences joy at others' misery.

Love these threads were anyone who doesn't train criticize those that do. Pussies

t. twisted fucking psychopath

Most professional fighters lift to supplement their training.

So much cope in this thread. I bet the majority of those shitting on martial artists never played a competitive sport in their lift.

>the best fighters in the world are all 5'9'' and under.

jon jones says 'hi' you blatant lie telling faggot midget.

>Anderson Silva
>Jon Jones
>Fedor Emelianenko

Those are just the more famous ones.

there's a mental game to fighting that really doesn't exist elsewhere that i think really develops the alpha in you. you hear successful fighters referred to as killers sometimes. there's more to that name than just their fighting ability.

>Kazushi Sakuraba
>Most Gracies

ali, tyson, louis, marciano, etc.

fedor, anderson silva, jon jones, george st pierre

manlets can only be competitive in certain weightclasses, they cannot be competitive in any sport in an absolute sense because they are physically inferior to taller and bigger athletes

wrong and wrong. fighters with kool aesthetics draw more fans. most fighters lift at least minimally for strength and conditioning. kys

>t. sociopath

>they're just angry dumbass losers
>because they arent obsessed with the "aesthetics" and want to know how to beat the fuck out of someone instead of "powerlift" and avoid cardio cus it kills gains and shitpost on fit
twerp

Is this the same guys who makes the "you lift weights but an mma guy can beat you up" threads?

fighters don't lift weig-

tyson and fedor were both manlets under 6'

Fedor was 6'0", Tyson was 5'11"

neither of those are manlet heights

can you stop making the same bait thread every day?

Uh wrong? Tyson and Fedor are both listed as 5'10 and 5'11 respectively. Fedor has been listed as 6' before but that happens a lot with fighters considering they lie about their heights. Tyson was also known to be a manlet especially in his division where everyone else was like 6'3+

maybe you should adjust your monitor down so you can see little guy

>demetrious johnson
>alpha

Again fighters lie about their heights. What's listed is usually an inch or two taller than their actual heights

height is not usually listed taller (this is a common misconception), nor do fighters generally lie about their heights (they are measured)

the carwin thing is a notable mistype, he was never before or after listed as anything other than 6'2"

forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-want-to-make-the-thing-about-shane-carwins-wrong-height-clear.2476149/

rugby is more alpha than manletcage

What do you teach?

The only sport that lies about height is professional wrestling. Why? Perceptions and billing. They can lie and say that X is 7 feet 300 lbs when he 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.(helps portray the titan image for the drama)

From somebody who's trained in MMA for years, it's an amazing sport to get into and nothing beats it, but brain damage is serious.
I've suffered 2 major concussions, and I've taken hundreds, if not thousands of sub-concussive hits to the head, and I'm worried about how my body will react to this when I'm 60+
Sometimes I wish I'd never gotten into martial arts, but the discipline, physical training, and confidence it gives you is comparable to nothing else.
However, the drawback to such social status development is a high chance of serious brain damage, fucked up ears, a jacked up nose, and a militaristic outlook on life.

It's definitely an "alpha" sport, but seriously, the health risks of it are serious. Hour of sparring definitely have an impact on one's long term health.

Take it as you want it.

BTW, real "alpha" men don't give a fuck about how "alpha" they appear.
Just look at Fedor Emelianenko. He's alpha as fuck by anybody's standards, yet to himself, he's just a disciplined, well-trained fighter. He doesn't give a fuck about how alpha he's perceived as, he just lives with purpose and discipline, and greatness came to him.

Compare Fedor to your typical wannabe tough guy MMA "fighter" jacked with tattoos and a ridiculously low bf% for an athlete, Fedor will always seem more "alpha" compared to him by anybody who watches both fighters compete.

Not like being alpha means shit anyways.
You've got to be some type of child to emphasise that shit.

pic related. This man is lethal.

>tfw 5'8 and genuinely content with myself
what's it like being an insecure manchild?
lI'm doing very well

People who do MMA lift weights.
This thread is retarded

Honestly I came to the conclusion that unless you have a real potential in fighting, you shouldn't bother training it.
What will be the point if when you're old you just have brain damages and nothing else but mere memories?
Meanwhile, people who did more brainy hobbies all their life remain pretty intelligent old.
Brain is like your back, don't fuck it up or you'll pay an expensive price at 50-60 and nobody want to live his end life broken.

>Working to be better

If you are aggressive and poor, the LAST thing you should do is fighting. Get an education, work up some savings, move away from the hood. A guy with anger issues going into fighting is just gonna make it worse and possibly put sparring partners and himself in danger.

The chances of making money from MMA is incredibly low, braindamage is a ten times more likely outcome than a satisfying career in fighting.

Sorry if I sound like your mom but you could use some parenting.

Didn't think I´d see an intelligent post in this thread. Fully agree on the "alpha" mentality, which sadly seems to be the main reason for young people to get into the sport. I´ve done boxing with some hotheads going into the sport for wrong reasons, they usually end up being a burden and danger for their club and themselves.

Absolutely.
You've pretty much summarized my main point perfectly.
When I realized that I was slowly getting dumber over time from getting hit in the head, I realized that unless I'm making millions from this sport, it's not worth it.
I started MMA and football when I was 8 years old.
When I was 17, I realised the brain trauma wasn't worth it anymore, so I quit, and focused on school and lifting.
23 now, and I'm doing pretty well. Things are looking up.
I just hope my years of experience in those sports don't come back to fuck me.

You should be fine but if you're worried you can see a neurologist, and ask for a brain scan.

I'll definitely look into this.
Just wanna make sure the few concussions I've had aren't too serious, thanks for the suggestion.
I've been taking omega-3 oils and cannabis extract oil though, already noticing an improvement in how I react to things and think.

Most people who fight professionally have anger issues and come from broken homes, normal people don't enjoy hurting others

You seem already clever enough to know what is good for you. Now if you focus on getting more and more cultivated and bright, you'll be intelligent and capable of fight someone if you need to.

nothing wrong with mma or lifting

how are either even exclusive from one another?

i suspect outside interference wanting to divide and conquer

Absolutely man. I've just heard stories of fighters who seemed fine until things started going south in their 40s, but I should be fine, just gonna take the extra steps to be sure.
I'm definitely glad that I've had years of experience in martial arts though. I now know how to defend myself if I ever have to, and my discipline was improved greatly from years of training.
One day when I'm more settled and have kids, I'll definitely put them in some type of martial arts, the discipline and knowledge of self-defence is super valuable.
Just not football. That sport caused me the most brain trauma. Never put your children in football if you care about their mental health. My parents didn't know back then, so I can't blame them, but it's not a safe sport.

sadly, this is the truth in many situations.
A lot of fighters I knew had personal issues and used martial arts as a means of releasing their pent up emotions, rather than dealing with them head-on and solving any issues.

/pol/ we talked about this, go back downstairs.