SS and SL confirmed meme

I'm still triggered at the fact I wasted 8 months doing stronglifts and SS, even injuring mself on a 3pl8 squat trying to get swole. I switched to a basic 2 day split 6 days a week about 2 months ago and the results I'm seeing are blowing me away. Please stop telling new gym goers to do those shitty programs.

omg what is the fucking truth
Split or no split for aesthetics/newbies?

SS is focused on strength, not aesthetics. That's why it's called starting STRENGTH

Push pull legs is goat

want me to give you a solid workout plan?

this

100% this. hypertrophy > strength for aesthetic purposes

What are actual good PPL programs? I always see people going muh ppl muh ppl, but never actually stating the specific lifts their routine consists of.

Im currently walking home with my food but when I get home I'll type out my routine for you to see if you'd like to try it

OATS AND SQUATS AND GOMAD

the results would not have been amazing if you couldn't squat 3 plates first.

REEEEEEEEEEE SS GOMAD SHILL GET OUT

do you understand the difference between strength and hypertrophy?

this is what i've been doing

r8 pls

Not the user you replied to but I'd like to see it.

Y-yeah but... I want to see if YOU know. YOU say it.

Most here don't, and I also find it absurd that for guys who merely want to grow they have the SS program thrust upon them.

Horses for courses, except that on the echo chamber that is the internet, whatever is popular is going to be forced on everyone regardless of goals.

Not everyone needs to do SS. Hypertrophy programs are valid for those who want to grow. Strength isn't the be all and end all.

So you're saying 6 days is better than 3? Holy shit, stop the presses!

i like to push and pull what's between the legs of a goat

>Train for strength
>add arm accessories

There you go

Alright so this basic PPL routine goes A-B-C-A-B-C-x

Push:
Flat Dumbbell Press 3x10
Overhead Dumbbell Press 3x10
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x10
Dumbbell lat raises 3x10
Rope pushdown 3x10
Overhead dumbbell extensions 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

Pull
Barbell rows 3x10
Lat pull downs 3x10
Seated rows 3x10
Face pulls 3x10
Barbell curls 4x10
Hammer curls 3x10

Legs
Squats 4x5
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Extensions 3x10
Hamstring curls 3x10
Calf Raises 5x10

Just try this out for a week see if you enjoy it.

>leg extensions
heavy or light?

Why do I keep seeing people put shrugs on push day?

you can do it on either push or pull it's honestly just preference.

*shrugs*

I like this because the exercises look pretty simple. I've been having a shitton of problems with deadlift technique... ty user, will try this

I thought you were only supposed to do SL for like 3-4 months tops?

Sometimes it seems like I'm putting hugs on push-me-away day. ;_;

Give it a go it's been working great for me all the best brother.

SL until you stop progressing. Then you change to some other shitty strength program.

I do something similar

worked way up to 3 sets of 125lbs today, which is eavy 4 me

what do the colour coding mean?

I do ppl with shoulders on leg day

Push
5x5 bench
3x8 dips
3x8 incline dumbell press
3x8 skull crushers
3x8 dumbell flies

Pull
Deadlifts 5x5
Pullups 3x8
Barbell rows 3x8
Tbar rows 3x8
Curls 3x8
Hammer curls 3x8

Legs/ shoulder
Squats 5x5
Ohp 5x5
Leg press 3x8
Lateral dumbell raises 3x8
Calf raises 3x20
Dumbell shoulder press 3x8

Been getting steady gains with this so far. Do push x pull x legs x repeat.

What do you guys think?

Yes plox

I have to ask user; how essential would u say the compound exercises have been in your growth?

for squats/deadlifts/barbell row I feel lost when approaching these in terms of what weight to start with and how to maximise my form, so I have avoided them.

I thinl they have been very helpfull desu.

I started with very low weight and just increased weight by 2.5lbs each week focusing on form. At made good strength progress and form technique doing it this way

My working sets are 160 for deadlifts, how tf do you do 5 sets of them ?

What is the fucking truth.
I honestly use Reddit sometimes cause idk what advice is true here. But every Reddit won't use SS or SL anymore.

I've been doing Greyskull and seems like more of the same. Bout to say fuck it and do bro splits.

Deload a bit to get used to the volume and just gradually increase the weight. Took me about a month to get used to it. Once I stop progressing I will probably switch back to 3x5 tho

I see you're doing the Reddit PPL as well. I'm using the same spreadsheet but I added a row for weekly weight and a few rows for leg lifts and planks

You see he's doing the... the WHAT, user?

Learn reading comprehension faggot. I'm referring to the reddit PPL, the PUSH PULL LEG program FROM Reddit retard

Did you read starting strength?

No?

Then fuck off.

I'm sorry, the Push Pull Leg routine from where exactly? I think I must be reading that wrong.

get out SS shill

b-but le reddit vs. Veeky Forums! reddit is for normies and cucks, not like Veeky Forums where we are patricians and anti-SJW!!!

You bitch faggots haven't even done nsuns.

Kys.