>be me
>cutting
>at my caloric limit for the day, feel perfectly satisfied and not hungry
>smoke a j with my boys
>go to wawa and eat a huge sub and bag of chips
>sleep in the next day until like 3pm and lay in bed and dont work out

Is weed a gains goblin?

Weed is a life goblin.

Sure, if you're a fucking moron without self control. You can do pretty much anything you want and still have a good body if you have self control. I'm using weed regularly 'cause I like it and I became the national muay thai champ in my division, improve my bod. Alcohol is a gains goblin though, don't use it often.

weed is a double-edged sword. Yes it's low-cal, but only if you can control yourself and not succumb to the munchies

if you're bad at controlling yourself, buy some frozen fruits or baby carrots and force yourself to eat them

absolutely this

>weed is low cal
fucking keked loudly

This

weed is a good thing in moderation
stoner no hopers ruined it's stigma so hard you cant even say you smoke it without being put into that stereotype.

Alchohal is far worse even in moderation unless you just drink literally one glass a day which is apparently good for the heart beer or wine

>Alchohal

>tfw don't get the munchies when I'm high but I get super thirsty

oof

man it's a good thing i didn't discover pot until after i lost all the weight. that shit makes food taste awesome.

i think the best thing to do is set up a meal system, use myfitnesspal or whatever, and just smoke beforehand if you can, and then only eat your meal, don't snack or any of that shit unless you already pre-included that. if i smoke after i've hit my calories for the day i usually end up having to fight the urge to destroy a plate of cheez its or whatever

The weed isn't the gains goblin your friends are

Weed AFTER work, user, weed after work.

It's killing my mind, but considering that my mind's constantly generating anxiety over nothing, fair game. This stuff returns me back to the simplified state of being a child, it's almost a looking-glass of emotion.

I feel retarded in my day to day life because I'm horrible at expressing myself, I hate the fact that I love this drug so much. Daily chores and all of life's little obligations don't sap me with shocks of my adrenal glands when I'm on it.

I'm having to choose my body or my mind here, because the amount of anxiety I feel in my day to day life is going to age me beyond my years. I don't want to be a brainlet, but I also want some fucking semblance of peace.

Damn I cant even understand how people like weed so much

Basically 90% of the time I smoke, i get paranoid and just feel uneasy and wish i was sober for like 2 hours

Alcohol is way more fun

I find it's great for bulking
>bigger appetite
>lower stress
>better sleep
But I always quit for cuts
>bigger appetite
>lower self control
>makes me lazy and skip cardio

Everyone has a different reaction, but, keep in mind that you have no tolerance as a beginner. Weed is much stronger than it once was, and even an embarrassingly small amount can give you a green out. Smoke, clear your mind, and watch as the world around you becomes a little different. Smoke more if you feel that you could handle more.

I smoke erryday and stick to my diet/routine np.

Its just discipline and will power senpai

Weed makes you hungrier, lazier, and less rational. Stay away

Sucks to be you. It makes me focus and feel creative, light on my feet if you will.

It's not for everyone, sweetie.

YOU AIN'T SMOKIN ENOUGH

fpbp

No it doesn't, you only feel that way because weed also interferes with your ability to objectively percieve yourself and your actions.

>sweetie

Go the hell back to wherever you fucking came from

>You don't feel how you feel because you're high on a mild psychotropic that you may or may not have a ton of experience with. I know how you feel though and weed is BAD!

Personally enjoy it because it makes me enjoy/crave food more. So massively fucks up my cut, yet to bulk tho.

Considering that I have constant anxiety, I can objectively say that I'm more creative and better focused WHILST on the drug. Also, we wouldn't have the field of psychology if human beings could ever accurately perceive themselves.

This is my first dude weed lmao argument, I really am turning into a retard.

You *should* have as many "dude weed lmao" arguments as you have "dude beer lmao" arguments, aka 0. Not sure why there's a weird stigma to defending your choice to partake in a mild mind altering substance, especially if it's helping something like anxiety.

>trying to tell me how it affects me
Try again, sweetie.
Got a problem, sweetie?

I didn't say I knew how you felt, obviously that will wildly varry. I said I knew what the drug does, physiologically.
Weed surely helps with anxiety, but no, it does not make you more creative, merely less inhibited. The same kinds of ideas you had before now seem better than they did. Which ties into why it helps with anxiety.

Also psychology is 98% bullshit.

Boy, I thought smoking weed made you dumber, but it turns out some people are already pretty fucking stupid

Because everyone has a sense of self and to admit to identifying with something that wasn't true makes a person feel a whole mixture of negative emotions. I'm defending my argument because I live in California and a majority of people here are simple minded with shit attitudes. I don't want to be like them, I just want everyone to stop causing themselves pain. I guess it's a mixture of wishful thinking and shame of a possible truth. I can't describe my issues to other people in their entirety because my OCD's created a complex fucking nightmare world out of my everyday life both inside and outside of my head. I live feeling alienated from literally everyone besides my father and a choice few other people. It's all anonymous, fuck it. Anxiety breeds anxiety, fear is just a sensation, something primal. I am not my fear, nor my anger or any other negative perpetuating energy. I am something transient, trying to call myself a person or identify with any personality traits would be lying to myself because they're bound to change and I won't realize when they do. The only time I feel peace is when I'm alone in nature and even then I crave to go further until there's no semblance of human kind. I have to try and overcome the horrible images and mindgames my mind's become accustomed to generating. Between this and trying to balance work, planning my future, and family relations, I feel like I'm better off buying myself a van and just not giving a fuck. I just want to be free, Anons.

t. stoner

Are you saying that the ideas were of lower quality and I'm thinking of them in a more positive light or are you saying that the anxiety causes good ideas to be seen in a false light?

The ideas aren't worse nessisarily, but yes, you are percieving them more positively. Which is great, phsychologically. But people who say that it actually proves their mental performance or productivity are wrong, it just makes you feel like you are.

It does help with a change of perspective, perhaps the phenomenon of the cannabis induced creativity boost is just people approaching a problem differently. I appreciate you elaborating.

Do it man, im sitting here taking a shit at smoko, just an average guy who shares this reality with you. Basically i have those thoughts but with the coping mechanisms ive set up i feel like im on the rise, if you feel like that would benefit you just do it. Its your canvas so fucking paint it however you like, all that matters is your opinion of the painting. In my experience though if you like it others will to.

Frozen grapes are my shit

or buy weed that doesnt make you hungry, cdb strains usually

t. medicinal marijuana user

I've done a lot of thinking about life because of this illness, I have to say that I agree with you. Did you ever get diagnosed? It's not OCD in the sense of organizing and fulfilling simple tasks. It's more of an ongoing war with an inner self that tries to exploit you through fear. It's almost like another mind with the way it responds and adapts. I've gotten much better, and I've realized that it's made me a better person overall, but still...So much pain.

Also, why does every Australian I meet seem to have a really down to earth, laid back attitude? I have to move.

Good for anxiety and overall relaxation. Can't wait for it to be legalized in my state - I will probably partake in some bud every couple weeks if so.

Every recreational smoker (smokes daily or every other day) I've ever met has fucking horrible short-term memory loss though.

Oh and I should mention one of those friends is absolutely shredded so I guess it's not necessarily a gains goblin.

>weed
>ever
actually never going to make it

Was actually responding to "98% of psychology is bullshit, but yeah, u rite

i agree user

I lost 100lbs while smoking weed daily. Legit, no lie.

Learn some self control. And learn how to bail on food runs with the homies, same way you need to bail on some drinking nights when on a cut.

Get therapy you fucking retard. Weed will make it worse. A lot worse.

Weed is only a goblin if you make it one, and it's important to always be on the lookout for that if you do use it. Weed improves appetite, relaxes, and makes you just feel nicer (dumber) in general, so if you're relaxing at the end of the day playing video games, there's no harm in using it, but if you start to do much of it, you're retarded all of the time, your days revolve around it, and it just starts to take away from your daily life. I personally go on and off with it, because that way I know for a fact that I never let it take over, but I still enjoy the effects of it.

An easy for controlling it is by having strict rules about when you can use it. For example, only smoking on weekends, or something like that.

>filename
Loud kekkle

fucking same

I lose appetite and just get thirsty.

Anyway you doing weed wrong. Make that shit your bitch. You know what made you binge so keep that shit in mind. Have healthier food options around you next time. Or figure if you're gonna smoke you know you're gonna wanna eat more so save 1000-1500 calories in your day and kill it while high with friends. If you know you're garbage the day after smoking don't plan your workouts for the week on that day. Or plan to smoke after a work out and the day before a rest day.

Personally I learned to make coconut weed butter from an ex and use that shit in a post work out protein smoothie. Motivates me to workout that day knowing I'm not justified in enjoying that shit unless I workout good first. I know I want something refreshing to drink besides water while high so I have a pitcher of some diy arizona green tea but without near as much sugar. Plus another pitcher of some hibiscus mint agua fresca cause summertime bitches.

tl;dr

You're already free user.

good post thanks user

just workout/work/school/chores/whatever FIRST

THEN smoke weed LATER

if you get your shit done and use it to wind-down, it's fine.

Most people don't have enough self control, but some people on fit probably do

One step ahead of you, friendo. I already am. A mental breakdown after a long day whilst on cannabis is what drove me to seek help in the first place. I realized how warped my perspective was. I ended up stopping the sessions a couple months back, however. The emotional vulnerability and obsessing over the new techniques I was taught ended up putting me in the same place that the anxiety did. I think the best is a mixture for me, your right, I need to get back with the sessions.

i used to smoke weed back in middle school

Yeah buddy. CBT is the shit, but weed will fuck your mind up worse. Mindfulness is key.

After a few months of stability it's fine to go back to smoking every now and then. I had a panic attack on weed that didn't stop for a week. Genuinely thought I'd die. That was about 5 years ago. Got therapy, figured out all my underlying emotional issues, fixed that shit, life is better than ever.

Good luck brah, we're all gonna make it

I've made some great progress with it, realizing that I wasn't my thoughts and gaining that perspective on the patterns of my mind is something that I feel most people would beg to have. I'll keep fighting.

==raw raw fight the power==

== RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWAH ==

Sorry for the late reply dude ive not had my phone. No never been diagnosed as ive never really felt the need, most of my issues where brought about by psychedelics and even though ive been in some dark places it was never severe enough for me to go to someone. Did a fair bit of googling though and found people in a similar boat and that gave me some solace. I completely get what you mean though, its like this seperate aspect of yourself that exemplifies a shitposter, a shitposter that often speaks truths in my case. To deal with the asshole within i have to look at it from a comedic aspect, being able to see it through that lens took a while though but thats just because changing your mindsets hard when lifes dark. In any case from me its been important to acknowledge it as part of myself but at the same time it dosnt define me, i look at it almost like the devil on my shoulder and of late thats been working for me. That said im young and naive so take as many grains of salt as you like before you take my advice but thats how i see it all

>go to wawa and eat a huge sub and bag of chips
>wawa
>sub

wat

this
also you're a pussy OP

You probably need to find the right strain. Certain strains actually help me be more creative with my thought processes, connecting dots I didn't see before and generally just casting all my problems into a completely different light.

Other strains I feel the creeping weight of my impending doom looming over my shoulders; just utter confusion and paranoia.

I love smoking weed and I love lifting. I don't get why it's so polarizing. It doesn't make me de-motivated at all. It's actually very much the opposite. I love reading, playing music, and exercise with or without marijuana in my life

If you're on Veeky Forums shittalking ppl for their personal choices in substance use... there's a chance you should talk to pic related! (Jk you're probably an b ethnonationalist mindlet who's beyond the help of therapy)

>t. people who don't know what moderation is

Breathing smoke of any kind is unhealthy, even in moderation.

damn.................

Does weed help with recovery? Can you light up after training and feel refreshed the next day?

I mean I can't say I don't blame them - but I understand the anti-user sentiment on this board. It's mostly socially low-ranking men (evinced, whether we like to accept it or not, by the fact that we're browsing Veeky Forums) who are bitter towards mainstream consumption culture, as they should be. It's totally predictable - the same demographic on fat ppl hate threads too.

But they're misdirecting their frustration and stigmatizing individuals instead of recognizing the bigger picture. superficiality and consumption are basic necessities in maintaining dominance over a large population