Commonly overlooked Simple tips

What are things that, in your opinion, are overlooked or forgotten by most who lift?

I'll start:
-water: for overall health and good feels, helps with gains and pumps
-salt: great for pumps and gains, bad for heart. Balance and timing
-fiber ( both insoluble and soluble) good for heart health, helps nutrient absorption, digestive health in general, can help with GI/glucose levels/insulin sensitivity
-eccentric movement in lift: lower that shit slow and steady. Amazing for form, strength, MMC, and gains in general. Very easy to forget or half ass, chances are you haven't been doing this and you'll get a nice (memes aside) shock to the muscle in addition.
-bulk or cut: pick one. Lean bulk and recomp is a waste. You dont gain significantly without significant calorie surplus and you won't lose fat without significant deficit. Roids and noob gains temporarily change this but not for long. Roids long term still need to bulk and cut.
-Deload/rest/vacation weeks: for joint health and injury prevention. Plus you will decondition yourself to the same old stimulus and (are you ready memers) will shock the muscle and get some rebound gains on the week(s) back in gym.
-forced reps and negatives: yes ego lifting idiots give these a bad name but absolutely are essential to include from time to time for serious motherfucking strength gains
-stretching: works wonders for ROM, form, and MMC.
-training abs: not they are not made in the kitchen other than calorie surplus giving them gains and low Bf showing them. If you have no ab mass there is nothing to show. No squats are not enough. No planks aren't either. Train them hard any heavy like you do every single other skeletal muscle.
-changing order of lifts: usually do barbell bench before dumbbell? Switch that shit for a week or two. Isolation movements always come last though

I swear to god if you mention squats or diddlies I'll find you and eat you for the protein. We know, it's posted 10x/minute here.

Also:

-barbell row is inferior to machine or dumbbell 90% of the time.

-sleep: sticking to the same schedule every night is just as important as the amount

-dumbbell bench is better for size and strength though I do barbell because big 3 numbers and I like the occasional ego boost

-work your calves and hard as often as you do your biceps. About the same size muscle so they should be treated the same

-work unilaterally or side-independent more than not. E.g. do barbell less than dumbbell, helps with symmetry and balance. Try one handed assisted pull ups occasionally instead of regular pull ups

Also also:

-if you skip 1 gym sesh the guilt will make you skip more. Don't skip the first one. If you can't go 6x/week go 4x/week and don't skip unless you have multiple broken bones and there's a hurricane

- muscles probably aren't growing much past 48 hours after lifting (unless very new) so try to hit a muscle group at least twice a week. Once a week is basically wasting 5 days.

*****Steroids don't change any of these fundamental guidelines. They dont change how the body works, they just make it more efficient.

stalling is often a psychological issue. static holds with more weight - like unracking +50kg on your squat max and holding it without actually squatting it, or unracking more on your bench and simply holding it in the air. doing this allows your actual max to feel lighter

size DOES equal strength relative to yourself only. yes, someone may be smaller but stronger than you, but it is given fact that if you are bigger than your current self you will be stronger. therefore, you do need to be strong to be bigger

cheat reps are good

OHP stalling responds well to overload with push pressing. it also responds to high frequency (3 times/week)

supplementing tribulus will drive your libido through the roof

supplementing ashwagandha will increase athletic performance

supplementing zinc will increase test in those deficient in it

supplementing l arginine will give you diamond boners, colossal loads and more stamina

So I should train calves when I start getting elbow pain and realize I've been neglecting curls?

>barbell row is inferior to machine or dumbbell 90% of the time.

I thought the implication was fairly obvious: that most dudes have way disproportionate time spent on training arms/ their biceps are as big as their thighs.

Tl;Dr arms less legs more for 90% of gym rats

Most people have a very hard time keeping upper body parallel to floor which Is necessary to call it a row

Bad ROM as barbell hits chest /waist whereas with dumbbells you can continue further

As with barbell bench you cant move arms independently in a natural motion, stuck in a straight track that limits contraction

Overhand grip not ideal

>the implication

mostly sounds like solid advice to me
apropos calves, i've found incline treadmill jogs / sprints have actually made my calves bigger
2in1 cardio and calf gains, what's not to love

I just started doing leg curls. I think it's potentially doing magic for my lower back pain mang.

Dont bother woth calves, wrists or neck.
There will be no significant muscle increase at all.
Instead, walk. It's healthy and works the calves.

>grip the barbell as hard as you can. muscles work synergistically
>dont waste your breaks waiting, do conditioning, core work. never let your heart rate go down
>IF when cutting
>you cant get fat off broccoli
>you cant outtrain a bad diet
>rep ranges do not equal time under tension
>if people could get big and strong at home, everyone would do it
>if I could only do 3 exercises, it would be squat, strict press and chin ups
>if you cant flex it, dont isolate it
>conditioning: 10 kb swings, 5 chin ups, 5 dips. as many rounds as you can go
>never go above 15% body fat
>dont focus on form, focus on technique
>dont get emotionally attached to programs, you are an adult
>dont obsess over the names of exercises
>people in relationships dont need foam rollers
>only beginners use the terms bulking and cutting

>Stalling is a psychological issue
That makes a lot of sense actually, my OHP can vary almost 15lbs day to day and I think part of it comes from not believing I can lift the weight before I even unrack it. I'll try the static hold tip, thanks user

this is a very memey post

Behave

>250-500mg of test a week, 25-50mcg of T3 a day and 10-25mg of MK-677 a day is enough to live life on godmode and will only cause side effects in literal retards or incels with 0.1st percentile genetics

Most were halfway decent until the last one. The biggest and strongest guys in the world use the term bulk and cut. Easier than saying "calorie surplus to gain as much muscle as possible/calorie deficit in pursuit of losing fat"

>>IF when cutting

>>only beginners use the terms bulking and cutting

T3 is unnecessary unless you're a fatty with no discipline and taking long term is absolutely a bad idea

Anybody want to give their opinions on the supps user lists here? Not doubting what he said, just curious if anyone else has had the same or similar effects. Know a lot of supps are BS and I'll research any before taking, but still just curious.

the ashwagandha and l arginine will have noticeable differences within a day. especially boner quality and cum loads. I just take the zinc as a precaution incase I'm deficient and it's adversely affecting my test. I highly recommend

Time to piss off OP

Two of the best periods of gains I ever had was when I had a shitton of DL volume.

The keys to this are short but heavy sets you can recover from quickly. We're talking bodybuilder type resting, maybe 90s max. Pair this with some pump work for the legs after, and not only will your legs get big but any serious non-fuckaround attention you give other areas will produce better gains.

Tl;dr DL in a day what most do in a month. Heavy, short sets. 2-3x/week. Can act as your cardio too.

How does that contradict anything I said

>Lean bulk is a waste
No, eating at a 1000 calorie surplus won't net you that much more muscle gains than say 400 surplus. You will just gain extra fat.

Should ashwagandha be taken every day? And does it have any positive effect other than sex related cause I don't really care about that stuff.

Only that you didn't want to hear about DL and why most people give up on it.

Like any lift, if you program it wrong for what you're doing, you'll go nowhere. Pullups were that way for a time with me.

Eh as I said there's a million threads about squat and deadlift. They are second to only chad/beta/tfwnogf threads

Guess I can't stop you but the whole point of the thread was "overlooked" things, not the millionth high vs low bar discussion

But thanks for the contribution I guess

bump because I also am curious