What does it even actually do?

what does it even actually do?

If you stick it up your arse it will tickle your g spot

Feels good, that's about it. No actual evidence for the myofascial release shit.

foam rolling is a big meme, always has been my friend

Probably better off using a barbell.

Use it as a self massage for your muscles. Any health benefits other than that is just bonus

Its a self massage tool. it greatly helps increasing your mobility. check out mobility WOD in the sticky.

it's a meme that works so imma keep using it

It feels good. It used to help with my doms but I'm not dyel anymore. But it feels good hitting the tender spots

>tfw you fell for a meme

when ever i roll on these with my back it hurts like shit. am i doing it wrong?

Pops my fucked up back into place

>foam rolling is a big meme

spoken like an ignorant, dainty bitch.

Have fun with your broken spine.

what? are you saying i have a broken spine and that's why it hurts? or that using a foam roller will break my spine?

Using the foam roller and conistently strenching is the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do for your physical health,especially if you are weight lifting.

Begginers do not realize this for years untill they meet the consequences.

As you lift you constrain your muscles and tendons,you make the shorter you reduce your mobility. That in turn pulls your hips and shoukders which in result pullson your spine.
Your posture may look fine but its not you are putting pressure in a way its not intended,mearly walking at this point can cause symptoms from a headache,strength imbalances to a raptured disc and dysfunctional hip and scapula.

The entire body is connected and one tight area can affect the entire body like a row of dominos

How you stand,breathe,walk,jump or even fuck is greatly determined by consistent strench and also affects if you will be able to do any of that past the age of 35 as a weight lifer

Source:Have been lifting for over 8 years.One injury led to me being bed bound for a few months resulting in my muscles getting tighter togheter with atrophy resulting in several serious spinal and hip problems,without daily comited streching I would not be walking right now let alone hitting PR's

Git goat

Anyone have a guide for foam rolling? As far as I remember the link in the sticky was broken

This. I didn't realize how important this was until I hit 25. I'd been lifting since 17 and never took stretching that seriously, plus never foam rolled.
Now I'm slowly trying to gain back some mobility. I haven't made 'gains' (just lifting to maintain) but I've made tons of gains in posture, mobility, and I don't feel so damn tight all the time.

>happy baby

if you do memes like brosplits/PPL/lift for "aesthetics" you will forever be a beginner and will never meet the consequences

DELET

Just ordered one. Thanks Veeky Forums
(not op)