keto 3 months

> keto 3 months
> after first day of SS decide to go back to carbs for muh newbie gains
> immediately feel bloated
Guess I'm back to bacon and eggs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ua-WVg1SsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Exactly how I felt when I had a fuckton of berries and kale one day. Keto is life now

im thinking of starting a keto diet, howd it work for you guys?

incredibly effective for 2 months
utterly miserable for the next 4

What are the perks of keto? Low energy? Low libido? Low mental focus?

The good
>I like all of the foods, like I actually am eager to eat most of them
>If you're hungry but gotta keep the calories down, you can just grab a green veggie, and eat it until you are crammed so full you can't eat more and not go out of ketosis
>I dropped fat but also hit my proton requirements

The bad
>Day 3 I wanted bread so fucking bad and like everyone near my cube decides its the day to eat your lunch at work and have your lunch be bread
>felt like i gassed out of energy earlier.

>fucked up microbiome
>heart disease
>cancer
ahh the perils of keto

explain please

It works great for me, and I'm gaining strength like crazy. But it's not for everyone, I just happen to mesh really well with it. Most people can't live without sweets for one, but I can't stand starches or sugar

spoiler alert - he isn't going to explain. it's a hit and run with random USDA status quo talking points.

>eating excessively high amounts of cholesterol and saturated fats for long periods of time is healthy
>muh dietary cholesterol doesnt affect blood cholesterol

It doesn't. Are you from the year 1981?

find an actual study published by someone not related to the egg/dairy/meat industry that says dietary cholesterol doesnt increase baseline.

protip:You fucking cant

How the fuck do you even strength? My strength has diminished.

I have bulletproof coffee at 4:30am before I go lift. Also not being a pussy helps

>bulletproof coffee
This is the shit. Have a cup for breakfast, have incredible energy all day long. I do IF with Keto, and with my bulletproof coffee in the morning I don't even think about food until dinnertime.

Are you that really shredded guy bulking on Keto? I remember someone like you posting saying that they're eating 2700 cals on Keto

But if you do IF you shouldn't consume any calories at all in the morning

Of course brodie

From what i've gathered from the keto communities, you can expect to get shredded, and even somewhat built, but don't expect to get huge or set records in the weight room.

Think it through...I have bulletproof coffee at ~5am, and dinner at ~6pm. Have I not fasted all day?

>I'm gaining strength like crazy
Can you actually quantify what this means. Im nto doubting you but if for example you only bench 100lbs and now you bench 135lbs, yes you gained strength but its so low it doesnt register for me. Not saying youre weak but tell me your lifts and progress please.

Okay so I'm doing a modified version of ppl and my strength on incline dumbbell bench has increased linearly from 65 5x5 to 85 5x5 in about a week and a half, db pullover increased from 85 5x5 to 100 5x5 in that same time span.

>incline dumbbell bench has increased linearly from 65 5x5 to 85 5x5
I mean youre lean as fuck thats for sure but your strength is about what id expect. Unless thats in KG?

do you mix anything in the coffee or just drink it straight?

Nah that's pounds lol

You blend it with grassfed butter and MCT or coconut oil my dude

I dont know, bulletproof coffee just sounds like a scam to get you to buy bp brand crap

I've been on it two years, lost a lot of weight, now I'm getting into lifting and reading about how I'm gonna need carbs so I don't know what to do, but as far as weight loss it's great because it's really hard to overeat without carbs

The guy who runs BP literally tells you to buy high quality single origin coffee if you don't want or can't get BP beans.

>In second week of keto
>Pretty much have no bowel movements
>Feel extremely bloated
>Weight fluctuates like crazy with water and what I assume is impacted shit filling up my colon
>Eat about 15 carbs a day

How the fuck do I eat enough potassium?

and what about that high brainoctane stuff?

it's just the name that caught on, I don't buy into that single origin, myotoxin shit, dave asprey's an honest to goodness autist who thinks he cured his autism with bullet proof coffee or kale soup or some bro science shit

>How the fuck do I eat enough potassium?
DELETE THIS

i cant speak for everyone but brain octane sucks and you can get mct oil fucking everywhere these days

use lite salt/nu salt instead of regular salt

What the fuck is that?

dude youre not supposed to eat just cheese on keto

Lo-Salt, avocado & spinach -- I get about 4000mg/day. Fiber is harder.

potassium salts exist user

I just mix the butter and oil with whatever coffee is in my house lol had no idea there were bulletproof coffee beans. Sounds dumb

it's lite/light salt is potassium and sodium, nu salt is just potassium, you can buy it in the spice aisle, it's a low sodium salt alternative

Fiber is easy as fuck. Flax, chia, and hemp seeds

Well im more skeptical of the whole process, how exactly does butter in coffee somehow help?

Is there any bacon that won't make me feel parched after eating it?

Your body's running on fat. People on regular diets have oatmeal or toast before they lift, we have coffee with butter to fuel our system

Dont eat bacon if you don't like it, it's not a fuckin nutritional staple on keto

My diet at this point is like 60% red fatty meat, 30% eggs and cheese, 10% green things.

you dumb bastard thats not how keto is supposed to work

See these are the tards on keto that are gonna die from atherosclerosis and give the diet a bad name

Explain. My macros are 80% fat, 10% protein, 10% carbs

mine is 33% egg 33% bacon 33% avocado 11% spinach

i could literally only eat 1 avacado a day. desu i don't really like them. they are cold and i'm not a fan of the texture nor taste. but they are an amazing source of fat for keto and good for potassium too... will i get enough potassium from 1 avacado if i put lo-salt on all my food?

You need way more unsaturated fats in there. Try to shoot for half of your intake coming from them

What contains large amounts of unsaturated fats that doesn't require to be cooked and is low in carbs?

All I can really think of is
>Olive oil
>Canned fish
>Fucking avocados.

Avocados, almonds, flaxseed, chia seed, hemp hearts are prob the best. Walmart and Costco have them. Also wilt your spinach in a pan with olive oil

What exactly is the carb upper limit to keep in ketosis?

i hate cooking with olive oil as smokes quite easily in my pan.

i will literally only ever have olive oil as a dressing for salad or something.

depends on the person. some say 20g others say 50g. i go below 20g because i don't want to risk it.

I can do about 75g and stay in ketosis, I think it varies from person to person

I have no idea dude, it varies from person and lots of other shit. I usually stay under 20 just to be safe

I can do 75g but that's not a regular day, I try to stay 30g or less

use cold pressed olive oil. There's 2 types, one for cooking and one for dressings; usually tells you on the bottle

wussat app?

look man, with keto, if you wanna get shredded FAST for a party or event or something, then that's your shit man.
Otherwise, stick to a normal fucking diet. You need carbs to synthesize protein. Oh, and also for something called energy too. I can guarentee you that if you are able to "lift" on keto then you are not lifting hard enough. Remember, fitness is a long journey that requires you to stick with one thing; you can't go switching up shit and expect changes.

that's not true at all.

Your body needs calories, proteins, and a reason to build muscle. The fuel can be either fat or carbs.

There are plenty of before/afters on the ketogains facebook. Pic related.

Could he be bigger on carbs? sure! Is he healthier than a carbohydrate lifter? Debatable.

addendum, some of these guys do TKD/CKD, which are available after your body adapts properly to using ketones as a fuel source. In a nutshell, each one has you eat a moderate amount of carbs per week either before a workout (targeted keto) or once a week (cyclic keto).

It's a noob trap though, if your body isn't 100% keto adapted, you will just be delaying your adaption process.

> Are you from the year 1981?

What's that supposed to mean? In 1981, dietary cholesterol did affect blood cholesterol and now it doesn't?

I think he meant that carbohydrates are protein sparing. If you don't eat enough carbs, your body is forced to turn some protein into carb since your body needs some glucose in your blood at all times.

ketosis feels like fucking shit, super low energy

does ketosis also turn you into a nigger?

>fucks up your pancreas ability to handle carbs by gorging it with fat just like hibernating animals get in a diabetic state doing so
>blames it on the carbs
>dies at 31

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ua-WVg1SsA

>t. has_never_been_in_ketosis

But I eat carbs every single day... Just under 30g worth.

t. has never done anything more than 3x a week strength program .

retard. on a ketogenic diet if your body needs glucose it will break down the glycerol backbone of ffa in the liver in a process called gluconeogenesis.

carbohydrates are not protein sparing. if you are eating at a hefty deficit and eating carbs, your high insulin levels are going to make your body target its muscle for its energy needs. on keto and with fasting your body is tapping into the body fat for its energy needs, and people on keto are actively producing growth hormone to preserve lean mass.

Good for cutting, shit for bulking.