Girl asks me how many sets i have left on the leg press

>girl asks me how many sets i have left on the leg press
>Tell her it's my last set and leave and leave the machine to her
>a few minutes later i see her repping it out but something caught my attention
>the bitch wasn't using any weight on the machine

She wasn't warming up, she was fucking doing sets of 0kg on the leg press, what's her fucking end game, why go to the gym at that point. Pic related was the machine.

Other urls found in this thread:

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/17335/vertical-component-of-moving-weight-at-a-45-degree-angle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>toning

Don't those machines have a base weight? I'm sure the one at my gym is like 40kg without any plates

>hurrdurr stupid women / why can't I get laid

Usually only about 7-11lbs

I went to a gym with a friend once and saw several women come in, sit at machines for selfies,then leave. She may very well have just been there for attention.

that thing can weigh anywhere from 40 to 70 kilos. How much do you expect a basic chick to lift you autistic cunt?

i know how much it weights because i was just using it : fucking nothing, bodyweight squats are more challenging than that.

Most people in the gym have no fucking idea what they are doing.

Case in point, you were doing leg press.

Are you sure? The one at my gym has a base of 107 pounds

reminder that the 45 degree angle on a leg press means you're only actually lifting half (HALF) of the weight on the press, the other half of the weight is resting on the angled rails.

all u faggots going
>HUFF I LIFT 500lbs ON THE LEG PRESS
need to lrn2physics, you're only moving 250lbs

>not counting the base mass*9.81 for optimal periodization on all compound lifts

The one at my gym is 110 pounds but that doesn't change the fact that since it's on a 45 degree angle it's only 55 pounds, which is literally easier than a bodyweight squat

Yeah my gym's leg press is 105 pounds empty.

>fitness intellectuals

>Highschool trig
>Intellectual

No you are just stupid.

actually you are moving the exact same amount of weight.
you are doing less work though, turd.

Plenty of girls go to the gym and do basically any exercise where ultimately you're just sitting down.

I used to see girls doing lat pulldowns all the time and didn't know why until I realised they were doing 9kg and sitting down on their phones for 5 minutes between sets.

moving the same weight*

>yfw too smart to use weights on a machine

No it's weight*(1/sqrt(2)) because the force you push is m*g*sin(45°) and sin(45°) is .7 (1/sqrt(2))

>weight refers to the physical object you are moving as well as the forces pushing down on your legs and the rails
yeah words can have more than one meaning, sixth grade can be tough but try to stay awake thru english class chief

Achtually you're moving the same mass, the weight is calculated in newtons

if it were 40kg, the angle of the machine means its only like 70% the weight. so like 28kg. this is nothing for a man to push that with 2 legs.
a womanlet maybe she would feel some tension

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/17335/vertical-component-of-moving-weight-at-a-45-degree-angle

doing sin(x) of sin (45degrees) gives you 0.707
so its 70% the weight, i guess comparable to leg pressing a smith machine on your back rather than a squat

>Tell her it's my last set and leave and leave the machine to her
Were you gone during /fitlit/?

The one in my gym is labeled as being 105lbs for just the sled.

It feels too different from a squat for me to say if that's about right or not (repped out '375' for 20 despite only squatting that for 5, seems fucky)

>Thread about grills doing wacky stuff in the gym turns into autistic math battles.

Never change fit.

some women think that doing the movement is what makes them fit, and adding weight would just make them too muscular instead