>crippled for life

Don't deadlift.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>One good rep
>strong for life

deadlift.

Can you elaborate? Or post a source? On how exactly someone was crippled for life from one bad rep of a deadlift?

that's not how it works
that's how it works
youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q

Did he slip a disc or something??

>one bad day
>struck by lighting

don't go outside

> gives birth giving hips
after you finish your beginner /ss/ shit you shouldn't touch deads again

Crippled for life is an exaggeration but you can seriously hurt your lower back and have pain for the rest of your life

>One bad cough
>dick falls off

Don't cough.

>cross the street
>one bad car

don't cross the street

>muscles used for stabilisation undergo noticeable hypertrophy
kek
meanwhile you see dumb niggers doing those "side bends" but not deadlifting because
>it'll give me a thick waist

t. 265kg deadlift 29" waist

read the comments, guy is fine, says he's back to lifting that same weight

>No good mate. I was very immobile for about a week after this. I spent the following 8 weeks slowly getting back into it with physio rehab exercises. I was deadlifting 2 months after injury. I adjusted my setup and am much less explosive off the floor now and touch wood no lower back issues at all. This was an opener at the time and was my 2nd lift in the last comp I did a month ago though so strength is down. But health is more important than deadlift numbers to me now.
>no scans required as my physio was 100% sure that it was the SI joint. If it popped and felt a stabbing pain it could be that. It could also be lumber disc issue. My left side lower back and glutes were spasming hard. The majority of the pain went away when the muscle spasms eased off after a few days.

On another side note, Pete Rubish is an absolute expert at deadlifts and even he got injured half a year or so ago. Don't think heavy diddlies are good for your health lel, it's powerlifting not pussylifting

>crippled for life
Fake news
He strained his lower back. That's happened to me before. Took some advil and was fine the next day

>one bad power outlet
>heart attack

Don't plug things in.

>eating food
>suddenly choke

don't eat food

I'm sure your boyfriend loves you figure sweety

>go to beach
>step on a crab

don't go to the beach

i deadlifted a high weight after a long vacation and fucked up my back something fierce. my heart flared up and i thought i was gonna have a heart attack. legs were in intense pain, muscle spasms along both sides. thought i was fucked for LIFE. doctor told me it was a muscle strain, i was back at it after a week.

but goddamn that shit was so scary that i never go above 225 with DLs anymore. my other back exercises go up steadily but i'm way too scared of snapping my shit up with that lift these days.

>breath
>someone farts

don't breath

I lift for looks and health so ofcourse I don't deadlift.

this happened to me too
Then i rested for literally 1 day and was fine

yep happened to me I my core suddenly collapsed on 405 and i snapped my lower back. It took 1 YEAR before I could sit without pain. It really is a useless lift

Wow his form was great too. That's terrifying

>deadlift 120kg for reps
>warming up
>60kg
>lower back sprain
That was it for diddlys
Meme exercise for SS DYELs

fuck you fag, keep making excuses

This was from his own admitted muscular imbalance. Or at least that's the answer he's pedalling.

It's not merely the case that you'll snap your shit up because of an act of g-d.

Translation
>I ego lifted like a moron and fucked my shit up
>B-but it's totally the lifts fault
That about sum it up?

>dingus doesn't know that the primary movers in the diddly are the glutes and hamstrings

It's not that amazing of an exercise if your goal is just pure aesthetics, but for pure strength there's no better exercise out there.

>no mention of trap bar diddlies

Reminder that if you're not a power lifter that trap bar diddlies will work your entire lower body symmetrically and better than squats and conventionals, and destroy your upper back while keeping your spine in an unfuckable position.

There's literally no reason to do squats or conventional/sumo deads unless you compete in a sport that involves them. And to "muh hip hinge", the trap bar DL is more of a hip hinge than sumos.

Truth. Learned the fucking hard way... 4 times. I was an idiot, like many of you kids starting out.

Look at the motion he's doing. He's going from squatting down to standing up. It's literally a squat, but with the weight in a retarded position. Ultimately, the weight is positioned across the shoulders (though hanging off the arms instead of resting comfortably on the back).

Deadlifting is a fucking meme that needs to die hard. Just because powerlifters on steroids do it for competitions doesn't mean the average strength trainer has to (especially not massbros). You don't compete, don't put yourself at risk. This is the one warning I always give to new lifters.

>It's literally a squat, but with the weight in a retarded position.
No wonder you snapped your shit up four times.

>lift
>die young

I stopped doing deadlifts after getting pain in the pic related area, my spine is a bit fucked which limits flexibility so I just can't do it right I guess