Going to college

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm 18, and am moving away across state to go to college for the first time in a week. I have been overwhelmed with fear and anxiety over the idea of going to college. I just wish I could go back to being in middle school, with no worries. This is my home board, and you guys are the least autistic fucks on Veeky Forums. So any tips on college life? And to keep this Veeky Forums related, do you guys like going to your college gym? I have looked at it, seems pretty good. Pic semi related I guess, the kinda girl body I'm in love with.

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

So this is a new copy pasta now?

I'm afraid of living on my own in college. Any tips ?

>you guys are the least autistic fucks on Veeky Forums
Dont worry too much about college, if you genuinely think this then you probably wobt be spending more than a semester there anyway

Tips on college life?
-Show up to class. If you are there, you might actually learn the material, and you get to know your teachers. Not going to class is how most of my friends failed out of college.
-Get involved. Find a club, join a church, do intramural sports, or even rush a fraternity if that's what you're into. Making friends is super important to enjoying yourself in college.
-if you haven't already, study something that makes you happy.

Dude, I love my college gym. I know most of the staff by name, and I'm cool with all the regulars. I'm pretty strategic about when I go so I avoid peak hours so I never have to wait for a squat rack, haha!

>how to college
some of this depends on where you go because every college has some amount of individual culture
the main points are:

>friends
try to meet people in your class. I still have friends from my first classes.
dont think that people are plebs or patrician due to taste, it'll only distance yourself from them (speaking from experience)
don't let people know that you watch girly anime. Spirited Away, Naruto, DragonBall; that's about the limit that you can get away with (again, from experience)

>classes
most colleges (in the US) allow you to change majors up to the start of your senior year. take your general education classes (math, english, biology, physics, etc) and try out intro classes from majors that interest you

>school activities
these can be hit and miss. i skipped freshman orientation since I was already older than most freshman (i started at age 22).
some activites are 10/10, some not

>roommates
are you living in a dorm? off-campus? Either way, try to make friends with these people and people in apartment around you.

>girls
this is a big topic, but honestly, in this day and age, just use tinder/grindr/bumble and try not to be autistic
honestly, with this, i highly recommend that if you've ever wondered about being with a guy, do that early in your school career

>you guys are the least autistic fucks on Veeky Forums
lol
that hasn't been true since rk9 showed up

Go to class and actually do the assigned reading

- Join a club asap - whether that is rushing a fraternity (but turn down your bids if they are only at shit-tier houses - accept if they are mid-tier or above), doing intramural sports, going to a church group, or joining the chess team.
- Figure out how you will handle nutrition. Some schools have healthy options, some don't. You won't have good control over this until you can live off campus.
- Build your resume, not just your GPA. I had 15 interviews out of undergrad before I landed my current job. Zero interviewers asked about my GPA. They all asked about my extracurricular experiences. This is because running events with a student org is more similar to how actual "work" functions. This is also true for grad programs - there are more students with 4.0 GPAs than grad schools can handle. They want somebody who stands out.

Take summer courses unless you have big plans, don't waste them being lazy. Summer courses take a shorter amount of time, can cost less, and if you play your cards right you can graduate early, possibly an entire year early.

You have to talk to people to make friends and not be afraid to ask people to hang out with you. Dame goes for dating.

Try joining clubs, you don't have to like them but they can be a good experience and provide opportunities.

Start lifting now if you aren't already, take advantage of your college's gym.

Don't buy text books new if possible. You can usually get away with a book that os several editions old, also international versions of text books will save you a lot of money.

Make sure that you know what college you want to go to and what degree sooner rather than later. Transfering isn't always bad but it can be a nightmare for some people. Aslo if you need a break from school take it before starting college or early on in college. Don't take one halfway or later, that's typically the point where people never go back.

If by new you mean like 2 months old

also NEVER EVER buy textbooks new from the campus bookstore. I saved over 700 dollars by renting my 7 textbooks for the semester from Amazon.

>Tips on college life?
>-Show up to class. If you are there, you might actually learn the material, and you get to know your teachers. Not going to class is how most of my friends failed out of college.
>-Get involved. Find a club, join a church, do intramural sports, or even rush a fraternity if that's what you're into. Making friends is super important to enjoying yourself in college.
>-if you haven't already, study something that makes you happy.

All of this is good shit.

College friends are friends that could potentially last the rest of your life, when you're in your mid to late 20s making friends is hard.

When picking a major you have to strike a balance between something that makes YOU happy and offers you a successful career/life.

everyone who had a good homelife (or even not abject horror of a homelife) will feel homesickness from time to time, but it is more longing for being youthful again.
college is a great time, don't go into too much debt if possible. not progressing in life is more depressing than no longer being a kid (college isn't required of this of course).

Enjoy it OP. It'll fly by.

I was a weirdo virgin shut in till I got to college, but freshman year was one of the funnest years of my life. It's a feeling of inescapable freedom and lack of responsibility that you only really get to experience once.

Freshman year of college is like your last grasps at being a kid before the real world starts to set in. It happens slowly, but sophomore, junior, senior years definitely feel like a ramping up as you get closer to "real life" outside of college.

I forgot to add this: who you were in high school does not matter in college. It doesn't matter if you were popular or kept to yourself. You have the chance to decide who you want to be and what kind of friend group you want...just don't act like someone you're not.

Give outside, make friends, if you have the option of not staying in and being on Veeky Forums take it. I stayed in and played video games all freshman year and regret the fuck out of it. Posts like make me really sad, man. I missed out on a lot.

>give outside
*Go, obviously

Son, I've moved around so much I can't even remember where home is. I'm from Miami originally and I've spent time at work and extended post-grad programs in Michigan, FSU, Maryland, and UT Austin.

I just assume I'm a nomad at this point. I go wherever the money goes.

I'm about to do my last year of undergrad. I love my school's gym. I live in a dorm a few minutes walking distance away from it, and am able to go easily at 6 am. I highly recommend setting up a routine which will include going to the gym, attaining foods, studying, involvement, etc.
For food, I highly recommend getting yourself a slowcooker and ricecooker. With the slowcooker I make a concoction of chicken thighs, beans, onions which lasts me 4 or 5 quick post workout meals. with the ricecooker, you can quickly make a bunch of rice, beans and smaller meals. because of these, I am able to eat healthy even with my time-constrained schedule, and I save money by rarely having to buy campus food.
Try to stay outside of your apartment/dorm for as along you can each day. By that I mean, go to the gym, go to each class, go to the library, maybe get a job, get involved in clubs, organizations, and school events. the latter are pretty easy ways to meet friends. don't worry too much about being far from home; a lot of other students will be in your shoes.
School gyms get disgustingly full around 5-8 pm. i recommend a setting up a good sleep schedule, waking up early each weekday and getting your workouts done early. Idk how much you know about working out now, but make fucking sure you learn about proper form for each lift you do.
Do not teach girls anything for free. many a times, asking girls you like to study or workout together turns into you tutoring them or coaching them. avoid this. at least if you do, make sure you get lunch or a coffee together, or something in return.
that's all I can think of. good luck faggot. we'll all make it

You joking man? That chick's got a toned belly and she's perflat. That ain't too average here in America.

its pasta you cock sniffer

I'm the one who copy the pasta. She's not far from an anorexic body. America have really poor standard when it comes to health and exercice.

Not OP, but in popular boards, on topic threads go to shit much quicker than here. in Veeky Forums you can have some decent advice and conversations before the name calling starts. Also, Veeky Forums is one of the rare boards that makes fresh OC that are relevant and pro-culture instead of ironic-metabase(userbase) humor

listen to this man, he knows what he is talking about.

low test faggot