So I went to CrossFit for the first time last week

So I went to CrossFit for the first time last week.

>Cool gym
>Hot chicks
>Cool bros
>Monstrous workout (feelsgoodman.png)
>Can't wait to go back

Shit was cash yo.

Come at me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LM_7pN-TJgM
youtu.be/LM_7pN-TJgM?t=450
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm happy you're happy, buddy. I love you.

crossfit is great if you do bodyweight stuff. really increased my work capacity and endurance. people mostly hate it because they do oly lifts with zero regards to form

Hey good for you OP.

Good for you

there's one near me
>dem grills

I hope you keep having fun buddy.

>hot girls
Enlarged clits
more ripped than me
>girls
>hot
OP, im pretty shore your a fag

Best years of my lifting time were spent in a CrossFit gym for the reasons you listed. Made some of my best friends at that gym.

That said, there are very few gyms that program their athletes with any semblance of understanding the basics of periodization

This whole post reeks of faggot, fix the way you talk

Die nigga die nigga die nigga die

>samefag

No need to be rude buddy.

Hey, friend, relax. I love you, too.

CrossFit is actually legit shit. Olympic lifts, hot chicks. Just gets a bad rep because anyone who does pullups is all of a sudden a "CrossFiter". Gyms are bretty cool though and has a supportive community.
Anyone who hates on them are not gym bro.
You CrossFit
You bodybuilding
You powerlifters
Why can't we all be friends?

Crossfit is possibly the greatest sport on the planet, glad you are finally one of us OP

you shouldn't call anyone a newfag when you don't even know about replies number in the bottom right corner

Because, bodybuilding and strongman are superior to all other weight related sports

He didn't call anyone a newfag, though. He called me -er- us samefag.

Nah depends on goals. Each trains the body for different purposes.

Crossfitters don't even do pullups correctly.

Yeah, body builders train to look good, power lifters and oly lifters train to be strong, and crossfitters train to hurt themselves pretending they're oly lifters

Lmao
>bodybuilding
>weight related
Nah but they're great guinea pigs for chemists

low quality bait

>Kipping Pullups

Country clubs have cheaper dues and better company

>magikarp pullups
>high intensity oly lifts
>cat's back deadlifts
>coaches with one week seminar experience

I'll stick to my brolifting + HIITs, thanks OP

Jesus Christ you guys have no idea what being competitive is

Kipping is allowed and therefore advantageous in competition. Just like how strongmen will hitch a deadlift or marathon runners actually run.

If you're not kipping you're not being competitive, but then again, you don't strike me as someone that's competitive, are you user?

>half rom pullups
>no oly lifts
>no deadlifts
>gym personnel with 0 experience

brolifting doesn't seem like lots of fun either user

>competitive
I'm not a pro, and I assume neither are you. That's why risking your longevity in the gym is fucking retarded move.
And being competitive in crossfit doesn't mean shit. You're still not the strongest, not the fastest, you don't jump higher than anybody else, you're not beating anybody in fight, you don't have the best physique. You just exercise to be better in exercising than other Joe.

y do i always catch u bullying the new kids?

I suggest you change your gym, user

Do they make you follow their program, or if I go to one can I just use the eqipment and do my own thing?

crossfit is a class, you follow the group

>That's why risking your longevity in the gym is fucking retarded

Not that guy btw . life itself is a risk at longevity. what you eat is a risk at your longevity so is crossing the street...the whole "risking longevity" is quite subjective. Crossfit gets people to exercise , have fun and even compete. You might not be the strongest or wtvr but you become a stronger and "better" version of YOURSELF. if someone who could barely run lets say 500m and now can run 5km and achieved that through crossfit then i don't see the problem only improvement.

Favorite pastime

You're implying kipping pull ups compromises longevity and I'm saying that's a false assumption as far as we know
>not a pro
I said competitive not professional. I'm competitive, not professional

The fact that women love crossfit so much tells me everything there is to know about it.

at my local CF only older women and guys work out

I think you misunderstood friend . I personally train at my home gym and crossfit is what i do. i wouldn't change anything

>getting your first bar muscle up while some college-aged qts cheer you on
>having a coach who will always check your form after class for safety and efficacy to help you accomplish your oly and gymnastics goals
FeelsGoodMan

Crossfit gyms charge like $150 a month around me

FUCKING CROSSFITS SHILLS GTFO ITS ALL COMMERCIALIZED GARBAGE. NO WONDER RIPPETOE LEFT WITH YOUR RANDOM PROGRAMMING AND NON-EXISTENT FORM.

Look at this nobody arguiing against one of the best strength coaches of all time (disregarding dietary advice) youtube.com/watch?v=LM_7pN-TJgM

Top Fucking kek

Whats wrong with Crossfit?

> one of the best strength coaches of all time
yeah no

kek liftlets mad af

Why have you been leaving your tripfag containment thread more and more recently?

Congrats at being the best at fake pullups I guess. Personally I stopped doing unweighter pullups about a year after I started lifting

Delet

So a push press is a fake press ?

Wow congrats on your transcendence you are so enlightened but you pointedly missed the purpose of the post. It's not a weighted pull-up competition is how many times you can get your chin over the bar or whatever.

Just to make you mad, faggot

What a fucking idiot. At least supermang was funny attention whore and trappy chan was an informative attention whore...

No, because a push press isn't just a shitty facsimile of a real exercise. Push press is just a regular shitty exercise.
You missed MY point. It's a dumb fucking competition that's neither a measure of strength nor technique. It's just a shitty endurance contest.

I love Sara

youtu.be/LM_7pN-TJgM?t=450

5 hours to be a 'level 1' trainer; that's all you need to know about crossfit. Also, what with crossfitters having their own vocabulary like it's a cult or something? A crossfit 'box'. Are you shitting me?

> hurr it's not a gym it's a box. We talk about the place where we workout as an abstract object because we think about things different from you guise. hurr.

They don't call it a gym because that would imply you could actually get more fit or strong there

Can you try to articulate your point or are you just going to stick to incoherent babbling about other trips?

Strongman is endurance, is that dumb too? What about marathons or horse racing? Are those dumb too?

You are not doing a pullup. You're doing a "fake/cheating" version of a pull up. It's like winning a powerlifting competition by having your spotters pulling the weight for you.

So this means your competition judges whom is better at cheating at an exercise.

I said a kipping pullup competition was a shitty endurance competition, not that all endurance competitions were stupid. Track and (most) strongman events aren't as dangerous, are more relevent to real life, use much more of the body, and don't obliterate your joints

OP Here

The biggest gripe here seems to be that Crossfit doesn't promote proper form.

I didn't do any lifts last week, only rowing/bodyweight excercises but I am told that I'll be doing lifts tomorrow and I was also told not to expect to be doing anything with a weighted bar until my form was such that I could safely lift with weight on.

From what I understand everything in Crossfit is scalable and in the main people are encouraged to push themselves to do more but only when the proper form allows.

Sure, the workout is timed so yeah you are technically trying to do lifts in a certain time frame but the point of the timer is to keep the workout as short and intense as it can be WHILE MAINTAINING PROPER FORM.

Only a fucking retard would want to injure the people who are paying their wages.

this is gonna be like the apple macbook shill threads on /g/, isn't it ?

my sides

>only a fucking retard
Or someone who's unaccoutable and likes money
The standards for accredited crossfit coaches are abysmally low. Certainly some know what they're doing, but many literally could not tell you if your form is correct. More importantly, even with a knowledgable and experienced coach, mixing timing and endurance oriented programming with free weight lifting is just not fucking safe, especially when they often try to incorperate technically complicated compound lifts, and teach to newbies, old people, and minors. Even with a good coach, a timer encourages poor form and insifficient rest

>the workout is timed so yeah you are technically trying to do lifts in a certain time frame but the point of the timer is to keep the workout as short and intense as it can be WHILE MAINTAINING PROPER FORM.

that's all you needed to post, so fucking dumb, how can you maintain form in a class of x amount of people when you're being timed doing so. Sounds more like a processing plant for paraplegics

>yfm olympic weightlifting training often incorporates a timer for shortened rest between sets

Competing olympic lifters are seasoned professionals with very high strength and coordination who have the proper form of their lifts baked into their DNA from years of practice. They can be trusted to use a timer. Someone looking to get fit should not.

I would never do anything so profoundly stupid.
I'd have them do the calisthenics thing, and some low level strong man stuff.
Even install a sort of adult play ground for them to run around on, but the heavy lifting will be a seprate class and be treated with respect.

Well maybe that's how you'd do it, but pleanty do stupid shit like have anemic normies try to clean and jerk

>Normies.

Fucking listen to yourself.

Okay so you're the arbiter of what is stupid due to the movement? What are your perameters? "Can't look dumb" isn't one. "Less safe than strongman" also isn't one because virtually nothing is less safe than strongman

Oh come on, you knew what I meant. Ameteurs. Non lifters. New people who don't know what they're doing.
Actually "looks dumb" is a valid complaint, just a lesser one. And yeah, lots of strongman shit is dangerous and dumb, but at the very least won't give you shoulder impingement even if you don't fuck it up

Depending on the box, they have lifting platforms and other areas where you can do your own shit

I did crossfit for a year and half while in college

I could squat 405, was in decent cardiovascular shape, and had a body type most girls liked. I would say it wasn't so bad. Probably depends on where you do it. Tbh yeah I hated shit like kipping pull ups and high rep box jumps.

Now I just do powerlifting and strongman which I also enjoy.

How much is it a month?

My local place is $250 a month.

I bought all of my equipment and keep it at home for less than an annual subscription there.

Fuck that

Oh another thing crossfit has done more for strength sports like powerlifting and weightlifting than those sports have done for themselves. It's easier and cheaper to get equipment now because of it

Most of them offer student discounts which is nice, but that is just rediculous

That's awesome, man. I hope it works out for you in the long run. Keep grinding.

If I start going to crossfit will this increase my chances of getting a qt gf

No, because you steal and bastardize everything and turn it into a timed-for-max-reps shit fest. kys

But then don't call a 'hitched deadlift' a deadlift. Don't call a 'kipping pull up' a pull up. It's an insult to people who actually do those lifts well.

>Magikarp pullups

Yes

>cat's back deadlifts
>magikarp pullups
roflmao

lol it's shit when they use shit form. I'm into bodyweight and gymnastics and they usually bastardize the form on this stuff as well just for the sake of doing stuff in a group excitedly.

>Hot chicks
Literally all of them are fucking mental

Thinking about doing crossshit to get myself back in shape. Then switching to a weight hoisting program.

Because like most crossfiters you are a lonely poser more interested in having a social life fueled by phony social media than working out

See you in the ER bro

>how many times you can get your chin over the bar
put a box under the bar and jump while you pull, that way you can get your chin over the bar faster and more times than any kipper.

>Monstrous workout
enjoy your destroyed back . They're pushing you to the limit so you "feel" "better" like you accomplished something. It's how cults work.
Check out crossfit games aka the also retarded olimpics .