Veeky Forums on running

I'm a 18 year old top 10 U20 runner in europe that trains 12 times a week. Give me your opinions on running or ask me any questions.
Pic is from U20 1500m final!

Other urls found in this thread:

runnersworld.com/run-faster/proper-running-form
runnersworld.co.uk/training/mo-pain-mo-gain-strength-training-with-mo-farah
mensfitness.com/training/endurance/zach-bitter-100-mile-american-record-holder-he-also-eats-almost-no-carbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are way too many white people in that pic. How do we make running more inclusive?

How can I heal my periostitis?

where are the disabled trans women*x?

seriously: how fast are you? What do you weigh? Do you eat 70% carbs?

How does it feel to be so stupid you take up a sport where the winner is already decided when the whistle blows?

It's because it's a Eu Championship final, east Africans absolutely dominate this sport, only one of us in this pic is top 10 U20 in the world. (that is the Norwegian on the right who also happens to be the best 16 year old runner of all time!)

Not very fast that is why i do distance running. But i do 5k in 14.21

How do you feel about competitive death marching?

And I'm 181 cm and weigh 65 kg and i eat like 80% carbs

What do you mean? It's absolutely not!

Dumb as fuck! I know a couple of walkers who compete at international level. they train hard as fuck but still a dumb sport.

>But i do 5k in 14.21

Fuck man my 100m is 13.50. Doing 5k in that time is unimaginably fast

That sucks dude! I've had some issues when i was 4 15km weeks in a row, and had to go down to 80% training and on soft surfaces for a month.

Bit faster than my 800m pace haha, ain't that bad dude

I'm trying to pick up running, but my cut dick keeps rubbing against my underwear. It fucking hurts. How do I fix this?

I used to be a 400m runner back in high school. Managed to clock 51.50 at age 17,5 but decided to quit when I went to college because the effort didn't match the benefits (too much training and I realised that was fucking useless since I probably did not have the capablity of suprassing the 48sec benchmark)

So how's your 400m?

I don't wear underwear when running because of those issues. And also wear running shorts not just regular training shorts. I think split shorts are the best but they look pretty gay and tryhard if you aren't fast. If I'm in boot camp i use Vaseline to prevent that.

That ain't bad dude. I have only ran 400m a few times and at small local competions since I mainly do 1500m-10 000m, but my PB is 49.97

I don't even know how that compares. At least I'm faster on 3k than you on 5k.

Yeah I know, it's not 'bad' but I made the math that it's useless to train 2-3h each day only to reach that. Granted that if I kept training I probably would have reached 48 some day but that's still not good enough to compete on an international level

The thing is that sports like athetics, swimming and running have a very professional mindset. Even lower tier competitors have a professional approach, invest a lot in their sport and sacrifice a lot for it too.

I myself just thought it was a useless investment. Had a good run in high school (literally), but then decided to go and enjoy college and drink and party. I now evolved to a shallow weightlifter

If I was as good as you I would've sustained of course. Hope you're getting my point

I don't do much cardio anymore and I probably have an 8:30 minute mile. Is there a way I can train my cardio 3 times a week and be able to run 2 miles in less than 13 minutes? I mean if I wanted to achieve this in 4-5 months.

Well I bet you have a lot more spare time than I do!

>If I was as good as you I would've sustained of course
He's that good because he didn't quit

I get the mindset. But the thing is you don't get as good as me with that mindset. And sometimes I wish I wasn't a runner. So I just could go out and drink, eat what I want and do what I want, but you can't have everyting!

Won't say it's possible, that is a massive improvement. It took me 6 months from starting running to finishing 3rd the U16 Nationals. You can improve crazy fast if you train a lot when you are a beginner!

Why are runners so skinny?

Can you point me to a good video or source about running form? I'm about to pick it up after 2 years of recovering from a foot injury, and don't want to fuck myself up.

Burning a lot of calories and only doing hard work with your legs. If you look at Mo's legs in the pic they have decent size but his arms are sticks. Having big arms doesn't improve running and only adds weight, so you will be slower.

No underwear? Are you sure?

I'm googling around and running shorts seem kind of expensive. Are they supposed to be like swimming shorts where they have like a mesh that holds you in place?

170cm at 63kg. I eat almost exclusively carbohydrates. I am a cardio-addict. Run/cycle/walk. Can't sit still.

Yeah they are, I get all of my stuff free from nike so i don't really think about it.

And yes they have net in them so they hold your junk in place.

They really do make a big differance!

refer to: 80% carbs
also cardio kills gains

runnersworld.com/run-faster/proper-running-form

I think running alot of distance and always keeping this in mind will get you a good form naturally. Doesn't come overnight!

that is true

Where were you when we posted /run/ general? Veeky Forums needs more running/runners/advice etc.

All we get around here is "how can i pull cute chicks with muh natty gains brah?"

>fuuuu.jpg

hahaha true dude, I don't know I missed that! I'll try to hop on any running threads that I see in the future!

Thanks user.

Honestly I don't plan on ever training for more than a 1 mile. I just want my 100m, 400m, and 1500m times to be at least decent.

Any suggestions for a pair of running shoes under 100$? I have flat feet if that matters, so have to put arches in everything.

Is it better to run in the morning (no breakfast) or at night after I've had my workout and post workout

I'm making a point of slowly collecting links and stuff to throw into a /run/ general OP, bit like they do with generals on Veeky Forums and other boards (and here?).

Less cancerous than MFP boards and other places.

>(and here?)
no

it's just
>read the sticky

I have never used that cheap running shoes so I can't really recommend anything. Running shoes vary a lot from person to person so I would recommend going to a store and trying shoes until you find a pair you like.

I personally use the Adidas glide boost, I love them so much that i still use them when I'm under contract with Nike and can literally get sued for using them. I use Nike at competitions

I love doing shorter distance running in a slow pace before breakfast (30min-60min in 4:30 per km pace) So i would recommend that

Sounds like a nice idea! I'll make sure to be active in a thread like that to keep it alive!

Thanks again user. Trying to find them in 13 rn, looks like I might be fucked.

I think there were three of us in the last /run/ general.

It gets better though.

Dude your feet are huge! Us or UK size?! I have 10 UK and people think I have big feet!

Yeah seems like we are a couple in here. I thought that Veeky Forums was very one sided, only getting girls and lifting. Glad someone appreciates a runner!

>slow pace before breakfast (30min-60min in 4:30 per km pace)
>18 year old top 10 U20 runner

I'll just get my coat.

When is this guy gonna post his euro femboy cock

US. I wish it was 12 because all the shoes/sock sizes end there and I have to go direct or special order all my shit. That or lose a lot of selection. Also, I look kinda like a clown since I'm only 6'2 with these hooves.

This is what I'm talking about
>be me
>between sets
>muh gainz
>cardio alarm ringing
>shitpost about cocks
>cocks intensify
>not repressed dot jay peg
>they be mirin mah skills and form and shit yo

Hahaha, you know this dick is big!

That gotta suck, then maybe being a bit on the small side isn't that bad after all!

do you have tips about increasing distances? I do two types of runs, one basically just 4k around my neighborhood and the other I'll do 100mx10 sprints.

I'd like to do a 10k-20k run just because, should I just go do 10k tomorrow and see? or is there a certain pattern that's optimal to follow?

I feel good that I can get under 8 minutes at 37 years old and 190lbs.

I'd like to build to a sub 20 minute 5k. desu at 175 I would be sitting at around 8%bf but I'm not sure if losing the weight would matter enough to get me there. Is it even possible for me to get there? if so help me out with a training plan?

btw I was never really into running before and its something I have been doing because its a little better for cardio than my cycling.

Try to gradually increase your runs and mix em up. I only do long runs(over 90min) once a week and I do 9 running sessions a week.

Yes it's very possible! My coach is 53 and the other week did 16.24 at 5km.

How much training do you do at the moment?

right now I have been doing a mile 3 to 4 times a week and pretty consistent at 8:30 and at 1% grade since its on a treadmill. I have trouble with my back starting to hurt towards the end sometimes. Other times I push it to 1.5 miles but rarely keep track of the time on that.

what's your fastest 1500?

Are you going to run NCAA in the states? If so what school?

Holy shit nigga, you WERE me. I was lifting 1/2/3/4 all 5x5 but my mile time was literally 8 minutes. I fell fat and slow as fuck. I just stopped lifting for a month and tightened my cardio up and my workouts consisted of sprints and other HIIT. Cut back on carbs, loaded up on protein, and now my mile time is about 6:30 just after a month. I'd like to get it to 6:00 and get a sixpack back. I definitely feel better though. Much more lean, more agile, lost some weight, didn't really lose too much muscle. Just get out there and do it lad.

Then try stepping up your training bit by bit. And if you get back pain then you probably need to work on your core strength.

I have a PB of 3.44, and I've been considering going to the states and running in NCAA but I have a year left in Highschool so i have some time to think

White dude who team track in the SEC here. I never finished top 8 at a meet in my event ( 400m) but with my times I would literally be top 4 in almost every European country. Thanks blacks!

Are you Mortimer?

Good riddance! The first few months can be crazy with progress! But it's easy to lose motivation when it gets slower and slower The fuck is SEC, and i know, never been to a worlds because they are so dominant

Its a conference of universities in the southern us. A&M, Alabama, ECT.

That's fucking fast man, especially in HS. Congrats. Hope you run in states

Whoever takes the most drugs win
You know this to be true

what are the strategies to keep for ruining your knees when you get old? I'm sure people have talked about it

Calorie intake
80km biking
40-50km running
>8-10 hrs cardio a week
plus working FT

ballpark figures. I'm feel like death most the time.

Damn I'm exactly at that place, just about to hit 1/2/3/4/5.
How much did your lifts degrees after the endurance training?
I hope I don't loose my strength in the search for cardiovascular endurance

Nothing but torrential rain.
>feels bad man

Can't run

what's a good lifting routine to make me a beast runner?

See
>Farah
>Lift
runnersworld.co.uk/training/mo-pain-mo-gain-strength-training-with-mo-farah

Depends on the distance. For starters I'd recommend calisthenics, lots of core work, stretching/mobility work.

You all look pretty Aryan, even the black kid. What's your opinion on race mixing and what's the best interval set to train sprints?

Is wearing band-aids on your nipples a meme?

This dude apparently ran a 7 minute mile for 11 hours straight.

what is your opinion on this

mensfitness.com/training/endurance/zach-bitter-100-mile-american-record-holder-he-also-eats-almost-no-carbs

I'm not new to running, I've ran the past 3 three years of HS, about to start my senior year but my lifts are usually brosplits I don't stick to or some full body dumbell shit that doesn't help now.

Oh fuck I forgot to add I run 5k's

I do it. I also grease around my inner thighs and crotch area because rubbing.

The fuck are you doing 5pl8 on?

>fat adapted fag.
Magazine will use him for that article, then readers will muh fat as fuel source.
>fail
>Keep buying magazine for new tips on breaking down the belly fat in only 15 minutes a day wanking or something.

race me bitch boi.

>a challenger appears

I have a pokeball specifically for skinny twinks, let's do this

Oh my

I'm new to running but and i keep getting Achilles pain, what can i do help this out? I've been foam rolling and stretching after my runs but i still get pain. I'd like to say my form is okay but I'm completely new so I'm not sure

Fave distance? Least favorite? How good is a 48.5s 400 should I start sprinting instead of my current sport(s)?

bump for justice.

Done 16km today. (well 16.3km). 1hr 26m 48s. It is raining.

Bummed out all day, go running. Suddenly feel human and "runners-high/normal".

>the fuck

I run a 29 minutes 5K
Then again I weight 240lbs/110kg

somebody post something running related!!!!

My calorie intake has dipped recently, maybe I am getting used to the miles? Thoughts?

OUT NIGGER!

Nigger what the fuck I can goosestep past the reichstag faster than that

What's a good distance for me to run on off days from starting strength? 5 miles?

sniff sniff, smelly smell, my little nose tells me there's salt around here

>12 times a week

why, how much do you weigh

when you run, do you breathe through your mouth or nose? google is split about 50/50 either way, so i'm assuming it doesn't much matter, and i can't tell a huge difference either way. just wanted some thoughts.

/pol pls go away

Buy those 2in1 running shorts which have compression part inside, nike makes good one

what's your daily routine and how much do you train?

God tier trainer. People laugh at me when I recommend this, so thanks for some validation. Broke my 10k PB (34.16) in these.

That's bullshit on no carbs. Carbs are top tier running fuel.

Why does cardio (sprints in particular) jack me up with energy and send me to testosterone city (aka boner city) while lifting doesn't have the same effect?

Minus new PRs of course. My dick could deadlift my 1RM after hitting a new PR.