/fat/ - Success stories edition

How ya doin', /fat/?

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

myfitnesspal.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for rashes on my thighs

CONFESS ALL YOUR CHEAT MEALS

choke on your own sheer weight while you sleep

I'm doing ok. Day 5 of my 2 week fast. Going good. Been drinking ~3 gallons of water/day, smoking 8-10 cigarettes, and on an EC stack to keep my energy up while my apitite down. Shits hard man. Pic related, me. 125 lbs at 5' 6'. 10 pounds away from being underweight. Let's hope I get there with this fast :)

I've been eating at maintenance for days. It's like I want to stay this same weight forever.

>smoking
>trying to be underweight
what is wrong with you

Smoking helps incredibly with the constant hunger. And I hate myself and known I'm fat as fuck, hopefully I'll find peace with myself once I'm underweight.

Yesterday I ate two minced pork pastries. Actually planned to eat 3. Progress .

What a fatass faget, kys.

I'm going to eat a shitton of sausages, cabbage rolls and mashed potatoes today if I can be arsed to go to school in time.

I'm 130 pounds at 5,7

I'm just trying to bulk cause I'm an ectomorph

I ordered a healthy option at a restaurant. The told me they were sold out, and subbed a similar steak.

But instead of vegetables ,it was plated on a pile of French fries. I ate almost all of them.

Was doing well until Sunday. Had McDonald's and beer while playing cards with some friends.

Yesterday was hungover, so binged on comfort food and laid in bed all day. Skipped the gym.

I woke up late today, skipped breakfast, had an 800 calorie sandwich for lunch, actually got my shit together and took care of a bunch of errands, then ate a fuck load of sushi rolls with the girlfriend.

Decided the only way Id be able to sleep tonight is if I went to the gym.

Did my SS with arm accessories. Deadlifts still leave me with an extremely tight lower back, but the feeling dissapates after just a few minutes, so im unsure if it's a bad thing.

Workout was great, but my stomach is still full of fucking rice, and I cant look at myself in the mirror.

Here's to a better tomorrow.

Ate at maintence today, going to make up for it by going extra hard at the gym and staying under 1500 cal the whole week. I desperately want to reach my goal of losing 50 pounds, I'm 8 or so away.

Had social obligations today. Drank thee corona lights and one Michelob Ultra. Ate a grilled barbecue chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon on it and fries on the side. Knew it was coming so I fasted all day except for one scoop of protein powder with water and lots of black coffee. No way to accurately count the food's calories because i was out to eat, but still weighed in at 162 pounds when I got home. Should wake up at or under 160 tomorrow morning. Promised myself a cheat meal when I got into the 150's. Open to suggestions on what it should be.

Collapsed under a 1 plate squat cause my back is fucked. Benched the same for 5 full ones though

bf%?

>tfw sprained rotator cuff
>can't lift for 6-10 weeks
Every time i'm close to making it i'm hit with a set back. it's like divine intervention is preventing me from making it. this is the 4th time something like this has happened.

Last year around this time I was 340.
I'm slowly changing my diet and eating habits.
Walking around town in the early morning and only having between 800-1200 cals a day.
Trying to not have cheat days and haven't had anything fast food in 2 weeks.
It's hard, but seeing the weight drop is motivation to stay the path.
Currently at 278.
Feels good man.

Can't afford to hit the gym at the moment, but trying to up my walk. Doing 3.5 miles in about an hour.
Doing some body weight exercise too.
Hopefully I'll cut down to around 250 and maybe by then I'll be able to gym it up.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a spicy peanut butter stir fry with veggies and fried tofu.
Cooking for myself has helped a lot.
Onions and garlic anons, it's so easy.

You just described a large cheat meal, dude.

>sat here debating whether to get a doughnut and coffee whilst I'm in town this morning
>just now get an email with a voucher for a free doughnuts
STOP WATCHING ME

met with some friends last weekend and doubled down on pizza and beer.

Woke up feeling like a bloated sack of shit.

Yeah I know. But I didn't have a choice. Plus I probably still ran a deficit today because it was about 500 calories of beer, 1000 chicken sandwich and fries, and 120 whey. Also I did cardio and upper body. I've been planning on cracking into the 150's and treating myself to something I actually want to eat and that I prepare myself and enjoy and isn't some garbage that I was obligated to eat that a faggot who works in a bar farted out onto a plate and handed me.

i had chocolate cake yesterday and fried chicken and buffalo wings

today i had my normal meal and salami sandwich with chips

but i ran 2 miles today and walked 1.5 miles. then i hit the heavy bag for 8 rounds and jump roped for 10 minutes.

please forgive me and give me strength to make it through the week and weekend coming up.

At 190. Down from 215. Goal weight is 170.

height tho
No one ever says height, which is instrumental in determining how fat someone is.

>success stories
went from 260 down to 154 as of today. feels good man

congrats i want to be at that weight as well. im stuck at 170-175lbs at the moment.

i literally have to eat nothing to lose weight. it sucks.

load up on raw vegetables and some fruit. makes it a lot easier, just prepare for the gas if you dont eat a lot of veggies to begin with

>tfw have been fluctuating daily between 212 and 207 for weeks now
I've never been so discouraged in all the 50+ pounds lost thus far.

Currently down from 315 to 242.

Sadly, it took me almost two years. I was able to get to 250 after one year, but then I was unemployed for 6 months. By the time I got another job, I was back up to 265.

6 feet

before i was losing weight, time was passing by so quickly but now every single week takes forever just so i can weigh myself on friday

You had a choice not to drink 4 beers you pathetic lardo. never gonna make it

I'm overweight and I want to start losing it, but the one that has concerned me is stretch marks. I have stretch marks on my belly, around my armpits, and shoulders and I want to be attractive but the thought of having permanent ugly scars on my skin is discouraging. Is there a way to make them go away or least something to make them disappear for a short time? I'm 19 if this helps with anything

I drank an Old Chub Scotch Ale on my birthday. it had 28 carbs

>Hopefully I'll cut down to around 250 and maybe by then I'll be able to gym it up.

I fucking feel that. I can't go to the gym because I'm insecure and I'm insecure because I cant go to the gym. I cant even bring myself to jog or walk around my neighborhood because Im so insecure what the fuck can I even do to change my thinking? Am I hopeless? I hate myself and want to change but I cant motivate myself what the fuck am I doing wrong? I think Im too self aware but that should tell me that Im not a lost cause because I know what I am and that its affecting me and my life negatively and I know I want to change. I need someone to follow me around all day and call me a gross fat faggot so Im not tempted to sit around and eat shit food. I stopped playing xbox and I dont smoke weed nearly as much as I used to I used to smoke 2 grams a day and thats not necessary I used to want to die a lot more than I do now

Why is your concern over stretch marks stopping you from starting losing weight?

Just start. Right now. Walk 10k steps daily and count calories to eat under your TDEE. Start today.

I don't know, I don't think I can be attractive with loose skin and stretch marks painting my body even if I were to be fit

there are more incentives to lose weight than attractiveness, how about living longer?

On Monday we ate whole KFC XL bucket meant for 4 people just with my wife.
She's lean even after giving birth but I am 230 pound fatso.
Gotta lift that 2 pl8 today till my hands bleed.

People don't stare at your naked body, you be wearing clothes 99% of the time. If you build muscle chicks will not give a shit either. Stop making excuses for hypotheticals and start now. You're young, you be fine.

You're thinking about it the wrong way.

What is less attractive:

1) Fat guy with stretch marks
2) Fit guy with stretch marks

This is ignoring the health implications, of course.

At least if you get to a healthy weight you can say you lost weight and show you have great willpower.

fuck, correct it. 113kg is 250 pounds.
Fuck.

>was 300 6'
>went down to 180
>safely bulked and started lifting
>at 190 cutting down to 170

It's a life

People will respect the person you become they will see you as someone who worked hard to obtain the body youve always wanted and the skin and stretch marks will be a reminder to you of the body you decided to leave behind effectively keeping you from falling into your old habits. Theres an amazing channel on YT called ObeseToBeast, he makes videos about dealing with extreme weight loss and loose skin. Hes incredibly motivating I recommend you look at some of his videos.

I've had these pictures for a while, but have been super lazy in editing them since I really fucked up. I let a cheat day turn into a cheat week which lasted another week and I had to relose weight. At least I'm no longer considered obese bmi right? Another thing that gets to me is I can barely tell that I've lost weight when I wear clothes and if it weren't for me taking these pictures I probably wouldn't even tell the difference. Currently I've lost over 45 Lbs / 20 kg and I still feel the same only slightly less fat. At my height It seems that I'll have to get down to 210 Lbs / 95 kg before I can even see a significant change in the way my body looks.

I cheated for about 2 weeks last month and had to relose weight, too much food ethnic food to count and I doubt I could even name all of them.

Thinking of doing a 2 week fast as well, mostly to see if Autophagy will really work and remove the stretch marks that are all over my skin. I've done 3-4 days fast before, but I don't know if I can handle 2 weeks.

I actually will probably. I've made it before and there's no reason why i wouldn't make it again. I'm 5'10" 162 lbs with gains and I'm just cutting a few bf% points I racked up over the summer. I haven't had a liquid calorie that wasn't in a protein shake or alcoholic beverage in longer than I can remember and I can drop weight easily. Why you being hostile at me my friend and alibi? What did I say or do to offend you?

>tfw just ate an entire bowl of lentils and haven't even farted yet
Feels like I just broke an important barrier in my life.

Different user, but you claimed you didn't have a choice as justification for eating something you felt the need to confess to.

You tried to own up to it ,and then back pedaled by absolving yourself of responsibility several times over "I didn't have a choice" "it probably wasn't over TDEE" "I worked out"

Either you fucked up and you regret it or you didn't and you don't.

That said, it sounds like you know what you are doing. I think it's just frustrating for people who are struggling to see someone foist blame on circumstances like that.

i was gonna make fun of your fat back with a picture of katayama from uzumaki, but i cant find the image and its starting to make me nauseous

Alright, fair enough. Circumstances are that I had to go to a social gathering to maintain social mass. There was no one forcing me to drink or eat, but, for me and my peers, drinks and dinner is usually a thing where you go a few rounds together, eat, and then leave. Had I not done this I could potentially have shattered my carefully constructed façade of being a normal functioning adult male and exposed myself as the broken fucked up Veeky Forums posting weirdo that I really am inside. So I felt cornered into disrupting my autistically rigid nutritional regiment. I did a bunch of shit to make up for it, so I guess it wasn't really much of a stumble all in all and maybe not worthy of confessing to a wojack pope.

Yeah isn't a big deal, the only time things like these are a detriment is when you feel shame which snowballs into gaining weight or stalling.
Keep it up m8, social gains are important too and you did the right thing, when socially drinking/eating just eat less and workout more.

I appreciate the advice and I should look at a broader outlook rather than just losing weight to be attractive. But I can't get past the fact that even if I were to lose weight, my body would have loose skin and stretch marks all over the place, despite it being a mark of pprogress it would still be unattractive for my partner

It's weird how different people carry weight differently.

Pic related, I'm an inch shorter than you

>162

Get the fuck out of the thread. 170+ only. Gain some weight you skinny fuck if you still wanna talk with us.

How much do you weigh and what's your height?

And again, as I said in would you rather be:

1) A 5 (good body, some loose skin and stretch marks)
2) A 2 (fat body, no loose skin but ever worsening stretch marks)

The choice is pretty obvious

[spoiler]5'11[/spoiler] and 270 last time I checked

die fat fuck, i want him here

How old are you?
Doing things too fast will kill you when you're over 40.
Also, good work.

100 pounds won't give you a lot of loose skin. Really bad loose skin comes from losing 200+ lbs quickly and/or when you're old

You'll be fine.

Going to go by bike instead of car for my workouts.
Buts it's only like 12 km back and forth, not sure if that makes a difference at all.

Good work.
It will still be easy until you get to 80Kg~, at that point only intense sport and fasting/dieting will move that shitty number

If you can do a really fucking exhausting sprint in these 12Kms even that will wake up your muscles

Yes it does, that's around 300 kcal if you keep up a good pace

i've lost about 80 (i'm around 200, probably below) pounds so far and my stomach looks pretty fucking bad already, though i have pretty bad stretch marks. Will it get better if i reach 10-12 bf%?

It will only get better if you gain muscle by the time you hit 10-12%

It looks bad because of loose skin or stretch marks?

The stretch marks are scars and I don't think they ever fully go away, although you can fade them a bit

>230lbs, 5'9
>should be like 160lbs
>1800 calories, work out a lot
>Lose 16lbs over 4 months
>1500 calories, work out a lot
>Lose 10lbs over 6 months
>1200 calories, work as often as before but less strenuous because I can't really do consistent weight
>Lose 4lbs over 4 months
>1000 calories and only cardio
>Lose 2lbs over 6 months

What next /fat? I guess I fucked something up but I'm not sure what or how to fix it. Do I just keep going and progress will resume?

Alright, I'll give it my best, thanks lads

I don't think you're counting your calories right my man

You did fine. Whoever that twat is lambasting you for this doesn't understand that losing weight doesn't mean losing friends too. You did everything you could to minimise damage and you accept responsibility for what you did. That is the most /makeit/ thinking possible. I do similar things when I know that I'll be forced to change eating patterns. Better that than to do something like the user who brings his scales to outings and autistically weighs his meals out after scanning the menu for component parts to a healthy meal.

I'm a fat fuck, 6'8'' like 500 pounds.

I've been looking into intermittent fasting and a paleo diet. If I stick to something like that what kind of results can I expect?

Well stretch marks are wrinkly when not stretched, so it's cause of both i think. I wouldn't mind having them if not for the loose skin i think.

i hope so, mane. gotta be thankful for ez muscle gaining genetics, i've hit the gainz limit construction work can give, but i can go back to gym and cali in 2 weeks.

You'll be less fat. But since you're 500 lbs, we both know you ain't gonna keep a diet up.

how do you deal with skinny fat? im at normal bmi from obese. i didnt work out or got in a work out routine. if i keep cutting will the fat eventually go away?

Why are you looking into it and not just doing it?

requesting pictures with timestamp user

Post your MFP chart. I sincerely doubt those calorie amounts.

From 230lbs you should have lost 20 pounds in 4 months eating 1800 calories/day. You were pretty close (80% of expected weight loss)

From 214lbs you should have lost 40 pounds in 6 months eating 1500 calories/day. You were way off (25% of expected weight loss)

From 204lbs you should have lost 35 pounds in 4 months eating 1200 calories/day. You were way off again (11% of expected weight loss)

From 200lbs you should have lost 60 pounds in 6 months eating 1000 calories/day. You weren't even in the same ballpark (3% of expected weight loss)

If you were actually eating those calorie amounts and adjusting for TDEE changes as you lost weight, you would be at 100lbs right now.

None of this is factoring in exercise btw

Don't become skinnyfat in the first place.

yeah, by then you'll hit auschwitz mode, and gonna be processed for brotein for your betters.

>I've been looking into intermittent fasting and a paleo diet. If I stick to something like that what kind of results can I expect?
You won't see any results unless you cut your overall caloric consumption.

You can still gain weight on meme diets like IF and paleo if you don't cut calories.

should i even bother with a metabolism reset? i look very similar the guy you're responding to, currently at 256 from 311 and planning a month break in november which is when i will have been on a CICO diet for 9 months.

Are we doing the same as tumblr, excluding small fats for not being fat enough for our secret club ?
You're pathetic
If your caloric intake is lower than what you burn in a day, you'll lose weight. If you eat 4000kcal of peanuts and raw meat you'll gain weight

working out is only the option it seems. ill try it out this weekend. thanks anons

which is better

> 30g of protein from chicken tits
> 30g of protein from protein shakes?

it'd be pretty fucking hard in paleo though, since there are barely if any carb bombs in there, he'd need a barrel as a stomach to do that at his weight.
cutting out fast processed carbs would be great for him as starters, since the cravings would go away, he'd have an easier time keeping to his calorie limit.

Is basic stuff as push-ups and abdominal crunches any good for weight loss?

I also have stretch marks, they have gotten better thanks to time and working out. They will be less noticeable and they don't look that bad on a fit body. I'm still super insecure because of them but it's better to be in a good shape no matter what.

To go from 500lbs to 170lbs, while eating 2000 calories/day, would take you about 2 years (101 weeks, ETA 2019-07-24) if you do moderate exercise.

It would take you about 13 months if you ate 1500 calories per day instead (ETA 2019-01-23)

Buckle up fatty

Hope to prove that wrong

Well fuck I know I should have started a long time ago, but I can't go back in time to change that. Starting now though.

IDK about that, I'll take one to watch my own progress but posting it on here doesn't seem like a good idea.

I've already cut a lot of stuff out, I haven't had soda or fast food in a month, I know I need to cut out more, bread and pasta kill me.

I had Subway today. I didn't put any sauce or cheese on it, just a meat and veggie sandwich, not even a soda or chips or cookies. The sodium was high still though.

Cookout with family

3 hot dogs, a can of dr. Pepper, handfuls of chips, numerous marshmallows including some chocolate and graham crackers for smores

I apologize for my failure

babe please be safe. you are loved.

That actually doesn't seem as daunting as I thought it would. How should I count calories? Should I keep a little notepad or something with me and log everything i eat?

myfitnesspal.com

read the OP and the sticky

>myfitnesspal.com

ty

Depends on a shake and what you want.