Military preparation thread

Hello Veeky Forums
I've been lifting for a year and I'm joining the french army in october. My program is pretty simple (based on the sticky) : I lift 6 times a week, I run everyday at least 30mins (on wednesday day I run more than 1h)
Everyday I train my pullups (dead hang) and push ups

My question is simple : should I arrive in the army quite bulky and strong or should I eat clean and start the boot camp with a low bodyfat percentage ?

Other urls found in this thread:

chrishernandezauthor.com/2013/07/09/working-with-the-french-army/amp/
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01402390.2016.1220369
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test#Format
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>french army
Have you been doing your 3x8 white flag waving every day?

They'll have you running a lot to begin with also they'll make you do push ups and pull ups and sit ups mostly. I suggest that you focus on your running first and keeping your strength up.

you are still angry for our refusal to back your Iraq war ?

I'm not american frog legs.

Ok that's what i thought, thanks, let's be a "chat maigre"

>He fell for the combat meme
Nigga just take your gubment bucks, get a trade and keep your head down.

just run

why join main french army when you can just join foreign legion to shoot niggers in africa?

Whats the point of joining a military that does absolutely nothing

>joining the military for any reason other than a combat role
literally why

ez milbux

The fitness required by the army always favours small and light people (it's basically all body weight endurance). You'll find their regime easier the light you are so cutting body fat should be your priority.

i would definitely recommend having a bit of fat on you, it might make the aerobic excercise a bit tougher though. also do not get lazy during your basic training make sure your still training calisthenetics and eating enough food unless you want to lose all of your gains

kek french fag here
good luck with the army I'd say get lean, work on reistance training instead of strength, bodyweight exercise and cardio is what you should focus on
j'attends le jour où les américains demanderont notre aide parce qu'un parti nazi gagnera leurs élections ahaha, on verra qui fera des blagues de drapeau blanc après ça

It's funny cause it's true.

Money you faggit, its a job.

yeah but why the military. you can get a job anywhere

Because it was better then dairy farming, and its easier to make bank living on base.

>joining the army
>ever
Why are you putting your life (or at the very least your body) on the line to fight pointless wars started by kikes?

Go ask /k about the French army. Of course they are nowhere near America (no one is), but they are in the top 5 world-wide in terms of doing stuff.

Ask them a also about the fish waiving, you might be surprised!

/Op, demander sur /k, ils avoirs meilleurs infos

Sure
I don't care about money, family is rich

did the americans even ask you to back them?

The army is fucking shit, you'll regret it after a couple years.
Source: In the British army, been on tour

Thanks boys
I'll just stay clean and do cardio
Yep, bush was quite angry after that. the media backlash against France was very funny

I won't, I'm joining some good units

Will the British Army accept me if I can lift 1/2/3/4

When I joined, I was very enthusiastic like you seem to be. My fitness became incredible. I made loads of new friends. I was getting paid a lot of money to exercise, play with weapons and learn skills. Brilliant, great, fantastic.
Then, after being in training for about a year, I got to my unit. I had never been so low in my entire life. Because I was new (and this applies to everyone) people assume you are a fucking retard and talk to you like a piece of shit. All the aspirations that I had were either blocked or made ridiculously hard to acheive, due to them throwing shit in the way.
Eventually, it got a bit better but I was working on vehicles all day (not what I signed up to do) from 8 in the morning until 1830 in the evening, while the clerks would routinely fuck my pay up, and I'd be getting paid the exact same as pregnant girls milking the system or "injured" people who can't do any work.
Going to Iraq was the best part of my army career but guess what, you still get spoken to like a fucking retard by retards who are in charge of you solely because they joined a couple years earlier than you.
If you get promoted then you just get shit on even more when a retard under your command acts like a fucking retard. And you won't even get paid more, because you just get taxed more.
The army is terrible.

>Working hard as fuck and getting killed for the same pay as someone who sits in aircon, doesnt have to do cardio and can go to the gym whenever he wants

Grow up dip shit, there is no glory in being a grunt. thats bullshit the jews makeup to attract young dumb men. Take advnatage of the military then leave, fuck their honour. To a civvy we're all grunts anway and thats all that matters.

t. broken jaded forward observer with bilateral shoulder dislocations, shit knees and a fucked back.

Should have gone POG when I had the chance. Now Im the VAs problem.

Fair warning to anyone thinking of joining the military in a land warfare role

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN YOUR GAINS. Having huge bulking muscle will slow you down. Grunts need to be able to run, fast and far with heavy loads on, up hill regardless of season or terrain with no sleep or food.

You cant actually and the military is free medical, dental and gym.

So is any job that is good enough

so the military is good enough then

If you call sacrificing your freedom 'good'

freedom isnt free

When you see how people use "muh freedum" ..

chrishernandezauthor.com/2013/07/09/working-with-the-french-army/amp/

tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01402390.2016.1220369

French army does all the same shit, while having less niggers and eastern europeans.

What about pilots?

As long as you can do the running times i would arrive as bulked as you can for the reasons that the bigger guys find the rucking easier. Been too light isnt that great when your loaded up with webbing, burgen, radios, every pocket full up with crap and your rifle.

thats what a pog would say hahah 11b NATIONAL GUARD HERE REPORTING IN

Hey, fuck you buddy, I speak French. Second off, what you're talking about won't happen because they got a bunch of bad PR from Charlottesville, and third, it would be badass, so fuck your aid and your white flags.

Yeah, you'll have Mark Suckerberg or an actor for president

French user here
Join the paras coloniaux or the chasseurs-alpins (or even the Legion if you are really tough) if you really want to be in a good military unit, these are the only soldiers with an "esprit de corps" the rest of the army are just opportunistic assholes who don't give a shit about the country

N'oublies pas: Ne jamais subir

Wait, why will america, ie the American Government ask for your help if the nazi party was the controlling party?

Also, you didn't do well against the Nazis the last time around, now imagine them with the military power of America.

>national guard

HAHAHAHA faggot.

I said land warfare role you moron.

This has to be one of the stalest memes of all time. t. German

>French army
>Bulky

literally why, all you'll ever need in the French army is cardio mate

y but the Marines and the Rangers have some pretty big guys.....

Cardio and calisthenics

mariens are dyel cardio fags. same for army

navy guys are sometimes massive because they dont have to run around all the time and the only things on a ship you can do instead of work is eat and lift

What's your PT test in the French Army? Reason I ask is in the US, it's a 2 mile run for Army, and 3 mile run for Marines. If it's shorter distance, do more sprints to build up your speed, and if it's longer distance, do some sprints but also more long and steady cardio to build endurance.

Good that you're doing bodyweight stuff already like pushups. Bench press does NOT translate directly into pushups. It helps but pushups are more endurance really than explosiveness. My problem with pushups was I wasn't doing them with good form, so I was getting penalized for this once I got to the Army. Be sure to go all the way down and lock your elbows out at the top, if you're not doing that already.

Rucking would be good if you had the equipment to do that, and if not, I find similar physiological effects from a long kettlebell session. Do some resistance cardio like that, since you won't be squatting or deadlifting day to day, but you will be moving around with body armor, carrying a ruck full of stuff, and so forth.

Lastly, don't buy your supplements on (((Amazon))), get it from someone who isn't a blue pilled cuckfest.

To be fair, going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion.

French user here, not a soldier but i wanna enlist too and i know many veterans
I dunno what's the PT test in the Air forces or in the navy
We do the "test de luc léger" ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test#Format )

Level 8 minimum
Level 10 for the infantry
12 for the Marines
More than 12 for the Airborne
More than 20 for the Special Forces

And Pull-ups:

Minimum 4 pull-ups
10 pull ups for the infantry
Dunno for the Marines
20 for the airborne
more than 30 for the special forces

30 is a lot of pullups

do they only want skinny manlets or something?

Yeah, you are definitely not cut out for the military dude. You sound like a fag

Please refer to

Lovely but you guys forgot how to fight right at thet turn of the 20th century. You guys did great up till then. Something about cartridges really fucked you guys up...

Fuck, it's like it doesnt know how to read.

I did not work out a day in my life prior to joining the US Army as a grunt. I was 134lbs and 5'9" when I started. My first day of basic after reception was on 9/11 so you can imagine we got our asses kicked regularly for the next 16 weeks. In the end, I left with a max PT score and only gained a few pounds (or stone or kilometers or whatever the fuck you call it for you metric folk).

My best advice is A) just don't be fat and 2) be able to run a mile in 8 minutes at the longest (see above for conversion instructions). Everything else they will build you up to. Even still, if you insist on prepping like some sort of nancy-boy then you want to work body weight, cardio and endurance. Conditioning your feet to resist blistering and your shins to resist stress fractures are the best you can hope for. Running, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and long marches in boots with weight will help. Be warned, none of that shit prepares you for sweating your ass off in the Iraq/mudslime desert though.