Front squat

I've been practicing my front squat, but I've run into an issue. I feel like I'm gonna pass out as soon as I start my set up, and it really hits me once my set starts. Anyone else deal with this? Also, front squat general. Any links on front squatting will be appreciated. Post yourself front squatting if you have a video. I want to see what /fit's/ front squat looks like.

>a general for one lift
just post in plg

and what do you exactly mean you are going to pass out? you have trouble with the position? if that is it you need to work on your mobility, there are a bunch of videos on youtube about that.

Wasn't sure where it post it. My mobility could use some work for sure, but I'm not sure that's the issue. As soon as I take my big diaphragm breath and get under the bar I start getting a little light headed, which is making my setup take longer. Then once I get the bar off the rack this light headed-ness gets worse. Today on one of my sets I felt my consciousness closing in and things got dark for a split second. The weird thing is that the rep that happened on felt easy. Like fight or flight gave a really explosive rep. I wish I had a video for a form check. I almost asked someone to take one for me.

Have you thought about your front rack position? Maybe you are trapping an artery in your neck. How is your upper shoulder development?

This. It needs to be over the delts, not on the throat.

Furthermore, do you experience the same thing deadlifting and/or back squatting?

I get that when doing ohp sometimes.

That could be the issue. I practiced the cross armed version for a couple months, and once I was comfortable with the weight being in front I started practicing the Olympic version like pic related I'll definitely look into. Thanks! I'm gonna get a video some time and play with the position in the mean time.

And my shoulder/trap development is way behind my lower body development. Dead lifts helped alot for making my traps bigger, but I haven't been able to do any direct mid delt training for probably a year. I've just primarily done OHP for shoulders.

is 2 plate front squat for reps good for 165lb bodyweight?

Ok, make sure that you keep elbows up around 90 degreses to your body. If you dont have the mobility to do this, try using 3 fingers instead of the full hand, ensuring the bar is only resting on your finger tips. The rest of the weight should be on your shoulders mainly. That should probably do it.

I have experienced it while dead lifting, but I was still new to it at the time. I haven't been dead lifting lately because of lower back issues. With back squatting I recall one time where I felt pretty light headed, but not nearly as bad.

Pathetic

Will do, thanks!
You don't think a two plate front squat for reps at that body weight is good? Fuck.

Not really.

OP here again. I really appreciate the help.
Don't worry, bro. I'm impressed.
You crazy. I'm about ten pounds lighter than that user, and I'd be happy to front squat two plates for reps. How much can you front squat for reps? Be honest.

Is the bar pressing into your jugular?

Is the jugular that little spot between the Adams Apple and the clavicle? If so, then yes. I read article a while back by Charles Poliquin where he said that if it doesn't feel like the bar is choking you you aren't doing it right. Once I modified a bit I did notice that the actual movement was better. Fast forward and here we are.

Depends what you mean by repping. Sets of 2-3 are not that impressive. But 5x225 at 165 would be breddy good.

Ah, I see. This is just a language issue. When people say "for reps" I think of anything above ten reps. So, I agree. Even a five by five session at a two plate front squat is impressive to me.

Oh, I thought you were one of these Anons.