165.3lb

>165.3lb
>5'9''
>inconsistent as fuck at the gym in the past
>get back on it
>seriously now

Week four of intermediate (as in I've tried before) 5x5.
Today's workout will be:
>65kg (145lb) squat
>52.5kg (115lb) bench press
>40kg (80lb) row

Friday will be:
>40kg (80lb) OHP
>80kg (175lb) deadlift

I wouldn't consider that I'm bulking, but I am not counting calories and eating as much protein as I can because I am somewhat skinnyfat.
I have some questions:
How much should I expect to progress with 5x5? At what week is it more common to start plateauing?
I've started to like watching olympic weightlifting and I feel like training towards that objective. What program should I pick after 5x5, for olympic weightlifting?
Should I start to learn and practice the power clean now or should I wait? Would it be too much exercise per session?

I have no questions regarding my physique as I understand 5x5 might not make me very aesthetic.

Immediately stop what you're doing and join the nearest weightlifting club.

There is no such thing where I live.
I go to a normie gym full of normies. I had to buy my own 1.25kg (2.5lb) plates and bring them to the gym.
>mfw

find your country's weightlifting governing body, look at list of clubs, find one nearest to you.

I mean even fucking Nauru has a few weightlifting clubs, so I'm pretty sure there's one near you if you just look.

It's also way better to train a complete beginner than someone with previously ingrained patterns and you'll very likely get stronger faster with supervision.

You will not learn the basic weightlifting techniques without a coach, don't waste your time.

Why do you think that you are an intermediate

Will keep it in mind. If I don't find a proper club I'll just do something else.

I don't think I am an intermediate. I just called it "intermediate" because I've tried the same program for some weeks in the past. I've deloaded many times too because of inconsistency at the gym. You could say I'm still a dyel noob and I wouldn't say otherwise but I think I have good form and some practice.

It shouldn't be hard to find a club if you live in literally any western/european country.

>How much should I expect to progress with 5x5? At what week is it more common to start plateauing?
Hard to say but if you follow it right you should probably be able to hit
45kg ohp
55kg row
70kg bench
2pl8 squat
3pl8 dead

Trying to be on the safe side with those numbers. I wouldn't change program before hitting close to those numbers. Ofcourse dropping to 3x5 when necesary (I personally wouldn't bother with 5x3 and 3x3 though). Cant remember if it's required in the program but I'd always do at least to ramp up sets on the 1x5 deadlift

a 5x5 linear progression takes you a lot farther than most people think

you'll stall a couple times but it isnt until you stall our consistently over and over after resetting that you should find a different program

stronglifts took me to a 255 squat, 345 dead, 170 bench, and 130 ohp.

after that went to madcow, still technically 5x5 and im making gains

>stronglifts took me to a 255 squat, 345 dead, 170 bench, and 130 ohp.

>2pl8 squat
>3pl8 dead
Oh man, yes. I hope I can manage to get that far.

And yeah, I'm using the phone app for 5x5 and I think it tells you when to deload and when to switch to 3x5.

5x5 is plenty of volume for a compound once it gets heavy just make sure to do your assistance work and you'll grow ezpz

>40 kg row
>40 kg OHP

?????

I started with SS and doing power cleans. After a bit, replaced power cleans with full cleans and OHP with push press. Soon after that, included light power snatch and overhead work as a warmup.

Switching to TM now with Cleans on Monday and a 4th day for speed work, doing snatch/clean on Saturday. Working on getting my squat up while learning technique and then going to move to a 2-day wl routine for ~6 weeks before moving to 3 day+

stop fucking doing 5x5 ITS KILLING YOUR GAINS!

5x5 " novice program " is a fucking meme. Why everyone loves it so much is because they do it when they start going to the gym and they they gain muscle and strength not because of 5x5 but because of noob gains. Begginers are better off doing something else that 5x5 and get even more out of their noob gains.

> Start doing 5x5
>Gain lotta muscle
>WOW THIS PROGRAM REALLY WORKS! I'M GOING TO DO IT TILL I DIE!
1 year passes by
>Still doing 5x5
>wonder why i've been platouing for the past 10 months.

^ experience of my friend. F

does your friend have zero self awareness?

you will plateau so fast on 5x5, do 3x5 instead
with "bodybuilding" accessories

May I ask what you recommend?

lmao so fucking true. do heavy sets of 5 yea but you gotta mix in other volume shit too

Oooh, like straps and a belt?

rofl