What is the minimum you should be deadlifting to warrant a belt?

What is the minimum you should be deadlifting to warrant a belt?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the amount of which you can deadlift without fucking up your bracing

when you start having bracing issues. weight doesn't matter

You should train for a few months and learn how to deadlift properly before getting a belt. Weight doesn't matter. On the sessions you use one it's best to put it on during the first or second warmup set so that you do all of your sets the same way, instead of doing a bunch of sets with differing technique/quality.

You'll probably learn the hard way.

>deadlifting

OP here

I can pull 320lbs for 5, back is starting to get sorer after workouts now, just worried i might snap my shit

Never use a belt. If my core is the weak link in my deadlift, then it will also be the most stimulated doing them. The imbalance corrects itself as long as you don't try to lift more than you can handle and thus develop bad technique or snap your shit up in the process.

Belts might be good to break trough the occasional plateau or when training for a meet, but I got different ways of dealing with plateaus and don't lift competitively. They're also a good idea if you have some preexisting injury, of course.

TL;DR Use one if you want - but don't use it constantly and ffs don't be the idiot who learns how to deadlift with a belt straightaway - only bad things can happen.

whenever you want or never, it's just a meme, you'll lift more with it but you can always lift less and do it without

I'd say 3.5pl8 for reps if you're worried about people judging
>checked

When you really need it. aka form starts to break.

I started using a belt at 3.5 + pl8

Now I use it only above 4 + pl8

How do I brace for a deadlift? I engage my lats, take a deep breath and drive from the legs but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I've recorded my form before and it seemed fine. I'm pulling 3.5pl8 now so I'm getting worried that I might snap my shit up. I need to record another form video too as I haven't done so in a while.

>engage lats
>pull back shoulders/shoulder blades
>take deep breath with diaphragm and squeeze traverse abs
>keep chest up

Ask the big regulars, they'll most likely be happy to check out your form, especially if they are power-lifter types.

I DL 6plate without a belt

This is the proof DL for mass is a meme. You're 1/3 my size and pull twice as much. I don't know why I even bother with DL t b h

you're fat

No shit if you do 1-3 rep sets all day you're not going to build mass.

Nobody goes up to a deadlift 150lbs less than their max to rep out 12 for some size.

I do small rep sets but 12 rep sets of my accessories like rows and shit since I want size. It looks like the poster of that image doesn't give a single fuck about size though and is purely into a pl routine.

>bitch wrists
>bitch legs
>looks like dyel
>6pl8 diddy

just goes to show that deadlift is all about proportions

Nope. Taking a shit right now so settle for this

>curlbro

Flex your stomach downwards towards your waist. Same exact flexion as when you're trying to hold an ejaculation.

Nope. Post your body big boy

>no forearm at all
>barely any muscle separation

And do you need to do this standing up? Some people say you have to stand up while you inhale. I like to use straps though, and it would be a bit awkward to hold your breath while your setting them up.

>as when you're trying to hold an ejaculation.

I brace at the bottom. Unless doing RDLs.

I've seen people brace before they bend down - but that always tended to give me headaches.

Le sex

Just cum and keep on fucking. Or do people really go soft when they cum? In that case in need to visit an urologist asap.

are you beheaded? that might explain why. luckily i escaped the jew curse but now i'm super sensitive for a minute after i shoot

Yup, I spasm like an idiot but am able to shoot at least twice before starting to go soft. Used to be more before I started smoking, nicotine killed my penis - fuck cancer and OCPD, they should center anti-smoking campaigns on that shit.

I'm 190lbs, post your body.

nah the dl pic is just bad lighting (see )

post your body

Not that guy: but you have the forehead and ears of an experienced cock-sucker, should have censored that part too.

Do something else besides curls. Holy shit your arms look like trash

u jelly

Food gives you mass, not training

curlbro gtfo

>Yes.
>No.

Does it really matter? [spoiler]The only validation you need in life is from your parents, wife and children. And yourself ofcourse, how else are you going to fap in the mirror?[spoiler]

You mean retract shoulder blades like you do for bench? Fuck no. Your arms should hang loose with your back tight but not retracted.

sexy hips, be my bf please

I love fit, bunch of crying fags.

terrible

Not really. My biceps are probably one of my more lacking areas.

Says the person talking shit about people who look better than him on Veeky Forums

Not even him.

Nah mate, but if I was gay having cock-sucker ears would probably be an advantage.

I can taste the jelly.

Not like when benching obviously, just far enough that your shoulder aren't slumped and your upper back is tight.

Not sure if baiting or this is supposed to be impressive.

I would post a picture of my body to prove you wrong, but I could be identified based on my scars (used to be involved with a fight club, stabbed multiple times) and my gang affiliated tattoos from when I spent 10 years in one of the toughest prisons in the country (I’m, probably, in the top priority list of the FBI right now).

I know your type, though. You think because you can squat and deadlift heavy that you're a big guy with an impressive physique. I have built plenty of muscle without those autistic lifts. You probably think you're superior because you follow the routines of a fat little redneck man with no real knowledge of building muscular or strength. You don’t know shit about muscles and strength if you have not trained the way I had, I literally learned from the best, and you got no shit on me, you fat autistic neckbeard.

This is you isn't it.

You can't do anything better.

lmao wrong image. I meant this is you.

>You can't do anything better.
I can build a house from scratch. But seriously, is this considered impressive in the US?

It's probably impressive in crossfit gyms.

>in the US?

Why are you so fucking obsessed with Americans?

>obsessed

>sign says "Santa Monica, California"
>assume it was taken in the US

Yeah, because: knowing where California is = obsessed with burgers.

nice lift
you're fat
confirmed

there is no minimum amount, use a belt whenever you want to pull more weight and as a result get more of a training effect

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

i didn't start using one until i was pulling 475 for a few (and i got a shitty tapered valeo belt) but i should have started using one way before that

Never, unless you are trying to get a high PL total. Maybe instead of using a belt to fix your weak link you should maybe iono... Try working on abs? I cant talk much since ive only done a 465 deadlift with no belt and mix grip, which i feel guilty about. Notice the really strong guys in the gym dont use belts but the dyels do?

>grabbing the same bar with both hands and not just swinging to the next one
not gonna make it

>Notice the really strong guys in the gym dont use belts but the dyels do?
quite literally the opposite of reality, almost every serious lifter i've ever seen uses a belt

>1/3 my size
lmao you're literally delusional

Faggot he's stronger than you, start learning to deadlift properly