What's the point of deadlifts?

what's the point of deadlifts?

W-where's his torso?

Works every muscle in your body either directly or as stabilisers

Is a good measure of overall body strength

Is good for athletes

Is a lift in powerlifting

Old dude at work use to do lifts and squats. Wrecked his lower vertebrate and knees lol, his back is full of screws and a couple plates now. Had no gains from it but he felt "stronk" doing them he says.

What ever floats your boat I guess.

It is not the exercises' fault, it is his fault for using either shitty form or too much weight or both.
People are always quick to blame the exercise but never themselves.

Most people do deadlift without any supervision. They end up thinking the only thing important is having your back straight when you do it.

No one in the world deadlift with perfect form all of the time

this makes deadlift an unsafe exercice

Didn't' say it was the exercises fault. It's like blaming a pencil for misspelling a word. but... you are more likely to get hurt doing these. One fuck up and you just herniated a disk or worse.

No one pickee anything up off the ground with perfect form. Therefore picking things up off the ground is an unsafe movement.

>what's the point of deadlifts?

Hormonal response as in, the bigger muscle mass activated the bigger test boost you'll get. Working out legs influences your upper body as well.

Well it is, there's a reason why construction workers and removal men all have busted backs in their 50s

What point were you trying to make

How big are these boosts though

non existent

Sounded like broscience to me.

Lifts and squats are for vanity and ego checks. Nothing more.

Like I said...You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

that's why you wear belt. so you don't have to worry about injuries

Dyel

hating on squats is one thing but hating on deadlifts won't be tolerated on this board

Builds traps, hamstrings/glutes. Also builds lats/forearms/general back although to a lesser extent. High reps of deadlifts increase your general fitness.

I hate deadlifts with a passion, but i do them because the benefits outweight the negatives by a big margin.

To give you birth giving hips and ruin V-taper

Squat > Deadlift thought. Squat serve a purpose, they're the only lower body lift you need to do

Deadlift on theother hands serve literally no purpose

You have it the other way around

I honestly think they're just really fun. Just like power cleans.

V-taper is for girls and bodybuilding fags. this is a how a man should look

>tape holding his patellas in place?
>check

a man SHOULD look like a roided up slav ?

>still has a v taper
really makes you think

>Is a lift in powerlifting

he just has big shoulders and decent lats from all the overhead pressing and pulling