Does lifting weights help with training martial arts or will it make me slower and less agile?

Does lifting weights help with training martial arts or will it make me slower and less agile?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_posturing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao did he died?

>Does lifting weights help with training martial arts or will it make me slower and less agile?
Not if you train for power aka. explosiveness.

Video:
What happens when people go into this full body flexing when getting knocked out?

why is he doing that

brain damage i guess?

>vid
noice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response

that's decerebrate posturing not fencing

Yes weightlifting does help. That's way a lot of top level fighter (Mcgregor, Jones, DC, etc.) incorporate it. If you start to really train and take classes/spar your body should adjust to an appropriate level imo. It would be difficult to give you a definitive answer without knowing your training schedule or even what martial are you want to get into. I wouldn't worry about it making you slower. I've seen vids of bodybuilders hitting pads and they are incredibly slow but obviously that isn't the average gym rat so I think you're safe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_posturing

severe brain damage dude

this
kiddo is ded
fighting has little to do with lifting. body strenght is important to fight but if you are clueless on how to use it even a much smaller opponent can btfo a lifter
just the basics would be enough anyway

auch, thanks

Having more muscle mass is definitely an advantage for distributing mass into your techniques. Functional strength is more important than muscle mass, so I would recommend calisthenics or gymnastics. Lifting is still totally fine, but only if you stretch properly. Don't do roids, that will definitely only stiffen your muscles.
tl;dr Lift if you want(but preferably do gymnastics), don't do roids, and fucking stretch

And this is why you NEVER soccer kick a downed opponent, one way ticket straight to jail, my friend.

while i agree with this, the guy had little to no options, the opponent was much larger than him and he didnt even throw a full power kick from the look of it

I think the big guy's head hits the concrete after the kick.

LANKLETS BTFO!!!!!!! MANLET MASTERRACE

I'm just starting BJJ and I tap high level purple and brown belts with very basic sequences because they're weak and I'm strong. Technique beats strength but bad technique and strength is equal to good technique alone.

the kick motion wasnt vertical (as a stomp) so i doubt that has much to do with it, the kick itself probably landed by luck in a very good (bad) spot and angle

The ideal would be to get at least the noob gains from both the gym and the dojo.
Then you can train more whatever you want, but at least you'll have your bases covered.
IRL neither muscle or technique will save you anyway, in a bad fight it will never be 1 on 1, and there might well be weapons involved, the only martial art that will save you is Le Parkour.

That's why nobody should street fights imo. It's amazing how it can fucks your life up because of a little bad luck.

try a non collaborative purple belt of your weight, then update us again user :^)

did redshirt get charged with murder
i need closure

Core strenght is incredibly important, especially if you're doing anything involving grappling.

It was clearly self-defense, he shouldn't have been but you never know.

sure, i doubt you can think that straightly in such a situation
dunno what lead to this fight but the little dude was probably seriously scared for his life, if the first punch of the big guy had connected their places could be easily switched
aiming for the balls would have been less manly but probably more safe in legal terms

outside of when my safety or another's safety was at risk, i can't think of a single reason to ever get into a fight with someone

and in the previous cases I'd probably just shoot them instead of risking ending up like the guy in yellow

Yes it was a self-defense situation and it's easy to nitpick strikes from a computer slow-mo video but he made a decision to soccer kick him into the face. There's nothing else he attempted to do except to kick his face like that.

He could've kicked him literally anywhere else on the body, stomped his knee or whatever. The other guy was down (not out, but on the ground) and he could pick his target freely. Never go for the head unless you want to spend the next decade in prison.

People overestimate how much humans can take. People have no clure how fragile humans are. One good kick to the head could mean death or permanent brain damage, one stomp on someone whos down is one too much. "b...but wat if they dont stay do-" then PUNCH you.fuck, PUNCH! There's a big difference between the two

Wording this. Better to run away with a bruised ego than spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair or worse - fucking die.

Big guy does it to him at 0:12

>one stomp on someone whos down is one too much
Depends. Targetting the head is never ok. Targetting the torso is dangerous. But you can stomp on knees or elbows or ankles all you want and it won't be life threatning, yet very effective at ending fights. I'm talking about situations where you have a genuine reason to fear for your own safety, not some stupid bar argument that went too far.

realistically speaking he could only hit the groin or the head to prevent him from getting up again
im not saying he is right or shouldnt be charged for the consequences of what he did
just that in such a situation you dont have much room for thinking
ever been in such a tight situation? he got swiped the istant the fight started, managed to get up, dodged a punch by a hair and he doesnt seem to be moving like a fighter, or at least not an experienced one

We've got video, the guy was still fighting, trying to get up. It wasn't like he was still on the ground or huddled in a fetal position, now that would be murder.

how is he going to punch? is not like the manlet can get into a ground fight with the normal sized one and expect anything else than getting choked

not saying that kicking the head was a good idea, but at that point it was either leaving or that

also a proper punch to the head might have ended the same way anyway

Makes no difference. It's not about "was it deserved" but "will I go to prison". Some places have laws where everything goes in the name of self defense, most don't. And unfortunately what counts is the end result, not the other guy attempting to kick you as well.

based white people

looks like the little guy dodged it though

did that retard knock himself out using the other guy as a prop?

did you mean to post another webm?

even better, he broke his neck

Even worse. He tried to suplex the guy into concrete but ended up snapping his own neck using the guy's entire body weight.

I want to do martial arts but I'm really scared to kill people or make them retarded. I'm such a pussy.

But that's probably the same as saying "I want to start lifting, but not get too big"

how do the people on the elevator contain themselves to not slap that as they go up?

I went out of my way to specify he was still in the fight, just grounded, and you still decided to reply and tell me that.
>realistically speaking he could only hit the groin or the head to prevent him from getting up again
He had plenty of options. He could've kicked the midsection. Even the back is better than head though that's always a big risk as well. He could've stomped his joints like I said above. You won't fight with a fucked up knee, but you won't die either. Even a soccer kick to the back of the knee should be enough. The other guy didn't look like an experienced fighter prepared to battle to death either.
>ever been in such a tight situation?
Yeah I've been to a few fights when I was younger, never started them myself though I wasn't entirely innocent of provoking either. I've jabbed people in the face but that's mostly just to throw them off before you punch them in the guts or try to swipe them, I'd never kick someone in the head. Not just from some personal honor bullshit but because I don't want to deal with the consequenses.

Well fucking deserved, supplexing someone on concrete is literally murder. I don't feel bad for the guy.

paralyzed himself from the neck down apparently

>He had plenty of options
it's easy to write all the options out when you watch a video and start thinking about it. it's different in the middle of the fight

>129. All tremble at violence; all fear death. Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill.

>130. All tremble at violence; life is dear to all. Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill.

>131. One who, while himself seeking happiness, oppresses with violence other beings who also desire happiness, will not attain happiness hereafter.

>132. One who, while himself seeking happiness, does not oppress with violence other beings who also desire happiness, will find happiness hereafter.

There is a whip to the kick.
Is is not like and old school shogun kick

from the moment you touch another person there's the risk of killing him, even a jab on an unlucky guy could result in a death (eg goes off balance landing on a concrete corner killing himself)
we have plenty of options from our chair
an unexperienced guy, facing a much bigger opponent has none of those options in his head, just fight or run, if he sees an opening he will strike
of course if he was a licensed pro fighter that changes everything

I know that, and I acknowledged that in my post.

It's not THAT different. I know in a fight or fligth situation all you think about is survival basically. But those MMA fighters bashing the opponent's head to a pulp after he's knocked out cold is because they're roided retards nearly out of it themselves, not because it's a human reflex in a fight.

Like I said I have had to fight previously, and I've remained composed enough not to even consider striking the head. It's a pretty natural survival reflex too, knowing you'd go to jail if you kill the other guy.

should've trained neck

>from the moment you touch another person there's the risk of killing him
Sure, absolutely. But there are varying levels of risk. All fights I've ever been a part of have ended up in grappling and the winner asking the loser if he's done. One got broken up by cops but we were also grappling on ground at that point. I recognize that every time I bodyslammed someone to the ground, even if it was grass instead of concrete they could've hit their head fatally. I also knew it was the easiest way to not take a punch myself.

Like I said I never started a fight, what that means is I never made initial contact. Most of the situations escalated into a fight by me saying something along the lines of "or what?". So if I'm throwing them on the ground they've already made an attempt to either punch me or grab me, and I'd like to avoid that.

>MMA fighters bashing the opponent's head to a pulp after he's knocked out cold
that is something different altogether, they are trained to do so and they go on the ring knowing they could be the ones getting killed
i dislike that but it's up to them after all

Exactly, it's a "part of the sport". But it's not an accurate representation of two men in a fight. A lot of people who have never been in a fight have seen that on television and expect that "it's just the way it goes" if you end up in that situation, that it's a natural reflex to keep pounding endlessly. It isn't.

have you never been high on adrenaline? you can barely control yourself.

look at a lot of fighters when they are close to KOing someone. they get so excited they can barely contain themselves.

Look we understand that you live in a white neighboorhood. Stop moralizing, I will go commando if someone fucks with me. I prefer prison instead of getting my head caved in

that's all fine and true, just saying that the guy picked a maybe bad decision in a split second situation that ended up in a tragedy. might have happened to anyone
a body slam is a pretty dangerous move anyway, probably a choke is the safest option of the book but it's hard to do in such a situation
i agree with the "avoid fights if possible" and the manlet wasnt trying to start it, the big one did
again this is a situation that happens most likely many many times with no real damage in the end, this was just unlucky
maybe he had an aneurysm he didnt know about, who knows
while i agree that a fight for sport has a sense only when rules are applyed, ground and pound is a very effective and safe (for the hitting one) way to end a fight

Because they're on an escalator, son.

>have you never been high on adrenaline? you can barely control yourself.
Yes and yes, but the key word being barely. Every time I've been in a fight there have been three thoughts in my head.
1. Don't get hit. The brain goes into hyper sensitive mode to look for potential threats.
2. How do I demonstrate to the other guy that he cannot win this fight and will give up.
3. Do the above without risking prison time

Granted I've never had to fight someone with a knife or anything, I guess that's different. And it's true all your focus and attention is channeled to the fight. But the thought is "how do I win" not "how do I kill".

No, I live in a white country. There are only white neighbourhoods.
>I prefer prison instead of getting my head caved in
I prefer to avoid both. Like I said if deadly weapons were involved it'd probably be more of a fight to death. Never had to experience that.
>just saying that the guy picked a maybe bad decision in a split second situation that ended up in a traged
Absolutely. He was clearly in full survival mode. But to avoid this in the future people should at least know the danger of head kicks. If you have absolutely no option then like you said, accidents happen, but as long as you have any possibility for thinking (and it doesn't need to be "clear thinking") do whatever you can not to have to use that tool in your arsenal.
>this is a situation that happens most likely many many times with no real damage in the end, this was just unlucky
Don't know about that. Soccer kick to the face is an incredibly dangerous move. I'd say most of the time it ends with permanent damage.

>get bullied
>god finally favours you in a fight and you knock your bully to the ground, kick him in the head in the heat of the moment
>god says "lmao tricked he brain damage now"
>life in prison when you were LITERALLY a good boi who dindu nuffin

Wew, good reminder to always walk away from a fight

because they don't want to go to jail

i dont know if i could resist :(

>if
It's easy to go through imaginary scenarios in your head. When you're actually put on the spot where you know the rest of your life will depend on your next decision the voice of reason and caution starts to gain foothold.

It makes you strong but that doesn't mean you have any idea how to use that strength.
I've just started judo and despite have strength anyone with a tiny bit of technique destroys me in the little groundwork we've done

idk about you but i don't live amongst animals.

Everyone does user. It doesn't matter if 99.999% of people around you are sensible bell behaved adults.

>tfw got kicked in the head by two arabs in the night and fell on the ground
>completly babbling nonsense after waking up for a few hours
>Wake up the morning after with only mouth injury

That was the day I decided to never relax around shit skins and taking lifting seriously.

What?
She doesnt have any ass

how can lifting help you? unless you train your neck it won't matter

once the shorts are that small it doesn't matter how small the ass is

Who doesn't do weighted neck extensions? Also you can avoid being on the ground in the first place if you're stronger than the shitskins.

>training to allow others to kick you in the face a little more before passing out
how about learning to fight bitch

illegal in the UFC

It does, that ass doesnt motivate a guy to slap it
I have seen ass here that motivate men to grab it or slap it
So is he dead?

good chance he did. although the short guy was defending himself he should not have gone for the kick after the sweep. as you can see from the vid the guy was in a terribly vulnerable position there, and the kick resulted in his head getting whipped back and hitting the pavement. going into convulsions like that is a clear sign he suffered brain damage (i.e. internal bleeding). serious shit. that could result in a manslaughter charge.

shitskins are cowards, they won't mess with anybody who looks remotely intimidating

What arr you implying here?

wew, I expected the niggers to slap that ass

I think he meant to say that shitskins are cowards and won't mess with anybody who looks remotely intimidating.

I know but he is saying all light brown/brown are like that he is wrong

but they're all subhuman user o he's right

>lift for 3 years
>start to go to some mma course
>people on my lvl regarding mma skills have no chance because i just outmuscle them
>have to fight with more advanced People who have alot better technique
either lose because they are more skilled or i get exhausted from using strength only or i win because they cant handle it when i basically just hug them as hard as i can until they tap out

but i think the more advanced you get the less use you can make from being stronger but for beginners and intermediates its for sure a gamechanger

You shouldn't try to apply statistics to individuals.

Cock Lesnar didn't rotate enough on that suplex

Nope, only germanics are subhuman

your gym must suck.

You autists need to stop thinking BJJ or whatever martial art elevates you to a skill unmatched by a mere mortal. Yes, the technique is incredibly useful but it doesn't rule out the importance of strenght even if some r/asianmasculinity poster tells you so.

Especially like he said, among beginners and intermediates. With superior technique you can beat someone stronger than you, but it doesn't mean it's an automatic victory just because you got a colorful belt.

I've seen this webm multiple times. Is she just some hot broad or is she famous? Name??

she's a goddess. didn't you see the guy pay respect after she left?

in which way? whats your point?

>can't even suplex a human

He just went to reach a water bottle.

Boxer here. Opinion is split about 50/50 - I personally don't lift but there are others that do and they say it helps. I equate punching to throwing a baseball - you need a fast whipping motion and lifting doesn't really help with that.

For MMA and gay sex it helps cause you have to grapple on the ground like a faggot

Yes user I see those udder madnesses. I'm just looking for a name.

What about the neck? I thought all boxers train neck muscles with weighted raises or neck bridges or similiar exercises because it helps with taking punches. Your head wobbles less from the impact.

Yeah, you're correct. Makes it harder to have your neck torqued and have the ko mechanism triggered. You just look super stupid with the gimp straps on though

just buy one and do it at home then. But make sure to hide it if you have guests over so they don't think you're into BDSM.