QTDDTOT

"Tale as old as time" edn.

How far can bodyweight exercises take you?

As in, not adding weight to them, but only progressing via reps/sets and harder variations.

Can I at least hit and maintain ottermode on a bodyweight exclusive routine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oD00kVP7CvQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic related

ottermode is mans natural body given healthy bodyweight, normal testosterone levels and not being sedentary

you dont really need to exercise just walk/bike instead of driving, take the stairs, do some pullups when you see something you can hang from and then if you can do muscle-up and do some dips. dont eat garbage food and dont overeat.
you dont need special diets, routines or supplements - its all bullshit shoved into throats of easily impressed by 'fitness celebrities' slaves

seriously dont waste your time on this stupid fad which is modern 'fitness'

I bought some mass gainer that came yesterday and took 1 scoop but could only get through half of it before getting a crazy stomach ache. Is this just something thatll go away? Im trying to finish the second half but I feel bad already. Should I do a quarter scoop for now? It doesnt taste very good.

So not far.

You'll be essentially a twink I guess if you want a bear to give you a good fucking go for it.

Drop that shit and just blend some oats instead until it's powder. Mix it with water and a little sugar and some cinnamon or vanilla and you got some cheap and easy calories that taste pretty well if you dont fuck up the ratio

Any chance you have some gluten issues? Or IBS/Celiac, something of the nature where you don't deal with carbs as well as normal. I know if I go ham and eat an assload of carbs I feel like hot garbage for a few hours, and iirc those mass gainers are entirely carbohydrates.

I dont sweat while lifting, Im feeling like i dont do shit even if I do my best. Is this normal?

I guess I could try that. Sucks that I had to buy it to find out it makes me feel horrible.

I dont know, ive never thought about it and I dont know how id find that out.

My Program
A
>Chest, Bicep, Shoulders
3x8 Bench
4x8 Flys (Machine for now)
4x8 Chest Press
3x8 Sitting DB Curl
3x8 Preacher Curl
2x8 Lateral Raises
2x8 Front DB Raises
3x8 Shoulder/Military Press
3x8 Shrugs

B
>Legs, Back, Triceps
4x8 Squats/Leg Press
4x8 Calf Raises
>Lat Pull Downs 4x8
>Reverse Grip Lat Pull downs 4x8
4x8 DB Rows
3x8 Tricep Extension
3x8 Overhead Tricep Extension
3x8 Dips

3x Per Week ABA

>what should i change Veeky Forums? This is only an idea right now. I really need to get into a proper routine after a long time not lifting. What should i add? Change? Remove? I've never done deadlifts before.

>Sucks that I had to buy it to find out it makes me feel horrible
Sure do but what ya gonna do?
On the other hand mass gainers are usually much more expensive than oats so if you can chug them down easier you'll save more in the long run. Give the mass gainer to a friend that lifts and make him happy.

The fibers can be a little hard on the stomach to begin with so I would drink more than 100g pr day in the beginning.

I mix:
300ml water
100g oats
1-2 spoons sugar
1-2 teaspoons of vanilla or cinnamon

The flavor of pure oats is pretty plain so you can mix it with other things as well. I've tried with dried and blended coconut and banana both of which worked somewhat fine but vanilla and cinnamon is my favorite. Should probably give pure cacao a try soon

>what should i change Veeky Forums?
Your routine. Not even memeing

Alright so how the fuck do I get a stronger grip? Struggling to hold lmao sub 2pl8 deadlift.
Would pic related help or is it a meme?

Checked and thanks

you could try to use hook grip or the mixed grip, if you're not already

I'd rather just improve my grip strength. Maybe if I could dl like actually good numbers id consider that

jack knives
what a autistic fuckin exercise, losing balance all over the place, how do you do this?

and standing twist? dont get me startin bro, this exercise does nothing at all. even going fast as fuck and it just feels weird

pimch a 20kg weight in each hand and walk across the room.

do pullups

pinch*

It's good to improve grip strength, but don't let your grip limit you. Improving grip strength and using an alternate deadlift grip are not mutually exclusive.

>losing balance
What? You're literally on the floor.

my legs/thighs are heavy and i fall forward

something like that is shit but a proper gripper like pic related, e.g captains of crush, will definitely help.

Why do people always tell you to clench your buttcheeks together before each rep on the squat. I'm not able to maintain this clenching by the time I'm in the hole, should I be able too?

What's a good HIIT start routine.

Gonna head off to the gym rn and wanted to know what i could do. Was thinking maybe 30 sec all out and 30 sec break. Ir should I do 1 min/1 min?

I've never heard that.

anyone do a high rep dead routine?
just read about Pavel's "Russian Bear" (try to look past the normeme name) and I'm interested. anyone run it yet?

what are some fiber dense foods

what do you recommend then

Just a question. How often do you all go to the Gym per week?

they meant to say to clench at the top of the squat, not the bottom

just hang from a bar for 1 min. Than do one armed hangs 30-60s-failure. It will counteract all the compression from the deadlifts and the farmers walks and help you with your height insecurities.

you know what? even better that jack knives feel unnatural to you. HLL and hollow body hold will help you a lot more.

yeah normal if you do some strength shit like SS or SL with 2 min rest or more, right mate?

DO I take creatine on a cut?

How the fuck do I get rid of bacne if
>I sweat all day at work
>Live in humid Mississipi
>Showers arent working

>How far can bodyweight exercises take you?
Very far. Almost to your natural peak if you progress well.

>As in, not adding weight to them, but only progressing via reps/sets and harder variations.
See above.

>Can I at least hit and maintain ottermode on a bodyweight exclusive routine?
You can not only hit ottermode, you can surpass it. IF you eat at maintenance or slightly above and are consistent.

Also, look up movnat and understand that you can lift heavy shit like stones and logs and old tires IF YOU WANT TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF it's not needed in the slightest.

go out in the sun and put sunscreen on. stay there for 3-4 hours.
that's how i did it, went to a swimming pool and bam, its gone

hey where's Karen?

Alright I need a straight answer to this

A week ago I got blood drawn, the arm where I had the needle was much more sore than previous times I had blood drawn for several hours afterwards, but I thought nothing of it and assumed it would go away. I decided to keep going to the gym and work through it

It is now one week later and not only has it gotten worse, I have a bruise in the elbow of my arm where the blood was drawn that reaches a bit down into my forearm. My arm aches constantly, and hurts like a motherfucker after moving it, be it for exercise or anything. Specifically it is my bicep and upper forearm that hurt the most

What the fuck do I do Veeky Forums, do I keep working out and hope it goes away? Is there anything I can do to help my arm recover faster? This has never happened before

HIIT stands for
HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING
Not moderate intenisity interval training.
If you can do it for nearly 30 seconds or even a minute, you're not going hard enough.
Just do basic interval training. Go relatively hard for a minute or so then rest for 30 seconds to a minute.
Repeat for 15-20 minutes.

OR you can just do a 20 minute circuit. That'll put some hair on your balls or..uh..lips.

Go to the fucking doctor your shits infected.
What the fuck are you even doing!

Fuck, can it really get infected that easily? I'm at the gym rn, should I stop or can I keep going?

GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR!

bruise is totally normal, when I made a blood donation it took 2-3 weeks for it to go away. I've never felt pain from moving my arm, though. Only slight pain when I press on my forearm.

You obviously don't want to rest. Now, if you normally rest on weekends, you could try to make a 3 or 4 day long rest this weekend, trying to not cause any pain to your arm throughout the day. Do you keep working out and hope it goes away? yeah , but if no improvement after a second week, then it's probably time for you to take a short brake.

O-ok. It's not like an abcess or anything just a bruise under the skin, I really didn't think it was that serious

Go back to the doc brah

Go to your doctor ASAP

Not that user, but I got blood drawn a few months ago and if you get a shitty nurse itll bruise you for a week or two. Give it another week I say, as long as its just bruised.

Got the back of my neck fucked last morning. Can't turn to my left or right without a sharp pain in the upper back/neck area. Had to skip gym this week. Please help me somebody.

It's not a spinal pain BTW, feels much more like a muscle problem.

are most people able to achieve the hollow cheeks look, granted they have low enough BF?

Was this caused by lifting and if so what lift?

Ok I'll make an appointment tomorrow morning

That's the thing, I kept thinking it was just the nurses fault but the length that the bruise has been there worries me. Anybody know why it bruises like that?

I was doing pull-ups and felt a pinch. It didn't hurt and I finished my workout. Woke up the next morning with the pain.

Probably is the nurses fault, but you should still get it looked at if its getting worse.

I bet you $10 they'll laugh and just say its a bruise because the nurse did a shit job.

What is a good greyskull routine? They all seem so quick and easy, is that the point?

How often should I train abs?
Also rate my routine
>Decline sit ups 3x20
>Cable crunch 3x20
>Hanging leg raise 3x20
>Knee raise 3x20
>Wood choppers 2x20
>Cable twist 2x20

>blood left the vessel after needle went out
>blood cells don't belong outside of vessels
>macrophages come
>macrophages eat blood cells
>iron from blood cells is released
>macrophages turn yellow-brown
>macrophages now called siderocytes

4/10

you get 4 points just for training abs. Routine is something you could read in Men's Health or Cosmopolitan.

Enlighten me on a better routine please, and how often should I train them. I was thinking of doing 3 times a week to start

okay, man.

>Decline sit ups 3x20 _______Useless
>Cable crunch 3x20 ________Average
>Hanging leg raise 3x20 _____ Very good. 2 kinds of this. (chin up grips makes you use less lats and more abs)
Hollow body HLL
and
V-to-L sit HLL
here is a video for a Hollow body HLL at 2:00 youtube.com/watch?v=oD00kVP7CvQ

>Knee raise 3x20 __________That's what low mobility beta guys do
>Wood choppers 2x20 ______ Haven't done that
>Cable twist 2x20 __________Average

The best exercises for core are
HLL variations
L-sit variations
Hollow Body Hold variations
Sets and reps are 5x5reps or 5x30secs for the holds

I guess you can make your current workout more effective if you did less reps, with more resistance. It's like deadlifts. You can make a lot of progress with deadlift 5x5 or less, and you'll make next to no progress when doing deadlifts 3x20

Greatly appreciate it!

I do chin-ups at the end of my workouts as kind of a cool-down, but I'm interested in doing hanging leg raises.

Should I do them after chin-ups? Or should I do chin-ups one day, hanging leg raises another day?

My other exercises are just compounds as I'm getting back into weightlifting: squats, deadlifts, bent over rows, military press and bench press.

is it possible to just not have enough delt to rack the bar for cleans? I'd like to start doing them but can't find a position that lets me do this. most posts I've found elsewhere everyone says it's mobility issue but even with elbows fully forward I can't seem to find a way to make it sit on my shoulders rather than my clavicles

you can do them on the same day, if you got the energy after all other stuff you do. Order doesn't matter much. You can even combine them with no rest like
>5 chin ups
>5 HLL
>5 chin ups
and so on. This will give you sick forerm gains.

Also a tip. Try doing chin ups in the L Sit position. L chin ups are better than normal chin ups because your back is vertical. In normal chin ups your hips go forward. When you raise your legs in an LSit your hips go back and this makes the chin up harder and more effective

I just got 1000lbs club and want to get 1500 in 3-5 years. Any advice for what programs and their order I should do?

I did SL>TM>531 (current)

I also have 7" wrists at 6'3" and 200lbs so I'm wondering how fucked I am genetically.

Going to Hawaii in a month. Looking to lean out my workout. I look decent right now but want my bodyfat% to go down without losing a ton of mass. What do?

>HLL
lol is that your throat being pinned under a barbell?

>You can even combine them with no rest
fuaark, good advice

>In normal chin ups your hips go forward
I almost just naturally did L chin-ups because I was annoyed at my body swinging. I will try to perfect the form.

Thanks a lot, user

look up any ppl. yours is disgusting

cut you fucking idiot

If you don't know what stress is, yes

haha yeah I guess it sounds something like that

I just got to 1pl8 on bench and I can't finish my third set without a spotter. I'm doing GSLP, but is there another exercise I should do to help my chest out? It seems to be really lagging behind my other lifts.

Stats are 5'11" 168 lbs cutting at like 18-20%.

Any recommended vegan protein I can cop on yurop?

Any personal trainers out there know if it is possible to work as a trainer part time without working weekends at a commercial gym?

How is my routine?

how do i improve my pullups?
i dont know if i should do them every day or every back day

Fitness wise, what do most manlets go for when it comes to bodytypes? Other than kill themselves that is.

Should I go back to SS if I haven't lifted in months or start with an intermediate?

>no squats
>no deads
>volume day has 336 reps lol
>'heavy' day is almost certainly not heavy since you're doing 75 reps of compounds

Pretty garbage tbqh. You're almost certainly a novice with weak lifts. Why not do a typical novice strength program until you are can actually move some weight? They're all very similar for a reason.

Which can build more muscle, Machines or Calisthenics?

>In b4 free weights. We know that.

How often do you train abs/obliques and what does that routine look like?

Just do them maybe often, even on rest days? Also go hard on rowing movements. Maybe add dumbbell rows as an accessory?

>Should I go back to SS if I haven't lifted in months or start with an intermediate?

I mean, maybe for a month or two? Your strength will return pretty quickly. After 2 months of holidaying, I got back to hitting PRs after about 3 months lifting. It's mostly just getting your CNS back up to speed. You shouldn't have really any muscle.

You are overtraining some muscles while ignoring others bro

That means 6 times a week or 2?

Hey Veeky Forums. 6'1" 203 here. I've been lifting for five months so far by doing PPL. But, an article I just read says powerlifting routines are the way to go. Did I fuck up? Is it too late to go SL 5X5? Did I squander my beginner gains? Or will I build strength and mass by continuing to do PPL? I love the routine, but should I switch? Any advice appreciated.

>I love the routine
Keep doing what you're doing if it's working for you.

The most important principle that you cannot violate if you want to make gains, is the principle of progressive overload i.e. over time you have to keep increasing your performance. Many people like powerlifting/strength programs because they generally place a big focus on increasing your numbers, whereas most bodybuilding programs are really more routines than programs, and progress isn't really planned per se. But that doesn't mean that it can't or won't necessarily happen. What bodybuilding routines, such as PPL, do have however, is high volume and a large selection of exercises, both of which are great for building muscle mass PROVIDED you adhere to the principle of progressive overload.

Principally, 10 sets are better than 1 set. But if you can't make progress doing 10 sets, and you can make progress doing 1 set, then doing 1 set becomes the better option. I think this is the main reason many people like strength programs.
In truth it's not that simple though. Going through high volume training phases might sometimes mean you won't be increasing your lifts for a while, but still it'll often set you up for improved performance when you switch to a lower volume approach. Training should be cyclical.

Still, THE most important thing is that you enjoy the training. The worst program done with passion and intensity will trump the best program being half-assed. So keep that in mind.

Could I have some sort of sprain/fracture, or are my feet just little bitches who need to harden the fuck up?

Past 2 weeks or so I've started doing a little jump rope on concrete with shoes, just like 5 minutes at a time maybe 3-5 times a week (I also lift and am not overweight or outrageously unfit).

Now I'm getting occasional pain in one of my feet. It comes on fairly suddenly, but dissipates after a few minutes of rest. It's only come on twice so far (once shortly after skipping, and just then about a minute into starting), and I've done jump rope sessions in between with no pain. I also haven't noticed any swelling or bruising, or any issues when lifting.

Basically when putting pressure on the ball of my foot, I'll sometimes feel "I can't walk" tier pain through my midfoot (I'd say roughly along the metatarsal next to my big toe), but I can walk with no/mild pain if I 'cup' my foot and keep my weight on other points.
Massaging my foot doesn't seem to have any effect, and it's not tender to the touch. So it doesn't feel like just a muscle cramp.
But I'm not sure it could be a bone thing either, right now after a few minutes of rest I can very comfortably stand right on my tip toes and jump around with no issue.

I just wanna be cautious when it comes to a potential foot injury.

A positive percussion test can indicate a possible fracture. It's easy to perform, just google it.

Otherwise if it's just some kind of funny overuse thing do to a sudden increase in a certain kind of activity, simply reduce your jump rope training to something like 2 minutes 3 times a week. See how well you tolerate that, and then gradually build back up over the course of several weeks.

Stop cutting

What do I lose if I don't do deadlifts at all, only squat? Do deadlifts even help in aesthetic purposes?

How to beat lethargy on long cuts?

When doing bench, squat, deadlift, pull-ups, and ohp in a workout what is the best order to do them so they're less affected by fatigue from other lifts?

I deeply appreciate the advice and the well-written response. However, if I may ask a follow-up question, I would like to give stronglifts 5x5 a chance. Would it be bad, necessarily, to switch right now? Would I be better served in lifting for strength than aesthetics? Or will I gain strength with PPL as well? My lifts are increasing, but I'm unsure if I would make greater gains by doing SL. Thanks again.

Don't be a flip-flopper.
If the gains are coming in- keep to your program.

Hey guys I've decided to start swimming.

What are some popular routines out there? HIIT preferably.

For the record I can already swim (not including butterfly stroke) but just have never done it seriously or a lot.

Just started working out, have on idea what im doing, but I figured id post it here and see if its retarded or not.

100 jumping jacks
15 squats
15 reverse dips
30 situps
20 minute walk

want to know this too

When weather turns to shit, I'll switch up running for swimming and don't know what to do.

Add push ups and chin ups