Hi, Veeky Forums. I'm an OTR truck driver, and over the months I've grown pudgier and pudgier...

Hi, Veeky Forums. I'm an OTR truck driver, and over the months I've grown pudgier and pudgier. Lots of sitting around and nothing but fast food to eat, unfortunately.

Is there some exercise equipment I could get that would allow me to still work out in a confined space? I'd prefer to keep the actual weight down, if possible.

Ab wheel.

There actually isn't even enough room for it, I have maybe 5' 6" of floor space, and I'm 6' tall.

Get a gym membership at a national gym. Where ever you stop there will be a place to work out. Simple stuff user

/thread

There isn't, I've looked. I've been to hundreds of truck stops, and not a single one (that isn't a company terminal) had an exercise room. National gyms don't have parking for trucks, either.

Diet will have WAY more effect

Water and black coffee (time to man up)
(Do NOT drink your caleries)

Fruits and veggies in cooler for snacks

And no deep fried foods (French frys do not count as potatoes)

Learn to meal prep

Elastic resistance bands are probably gonna be your best bet

Eat better, OP. Meal prep prior to leaving. Get an ARB freezer which hardly uses any electricity and fill it to the brim.

I tried, but the longest I ever stocked up food for was about 10 days. I'm usually out for 21 or more.

Get a shakeweight.

Is diet soda fine? I mostly drink water or low calorie soft drinks. I watch my sugar intake pretty closely, I don't have diabetes and I intend to keep it that way. Water can get boring, though, so I like to have something else to sip on.

I usually don't get fries, mostly I eat Subway, if it's available.

Find work that will let you live past 50

21 day stretches of driving will kill you faster than working in a chemical factory that's known to cause cancer

At least you'll make it to 60ish then

If you don't give a fuck, high rep calisthenics might be a choice? You won't get big but maybe you'll' keep the fat off

Store a bike in the truck with you. They make foldable ones. Get your cardio in on your way to the gym from the truck stop. Lile I said simple stuff user

Just smoke meth
My old man drove truck longer than I've been alive and smoked meth the whole while
He's in better shape at 65 than I am at 30

There's several reasons why it's not practical to do this, the main one is proper rest. I don't get that much time off per night, which is why I'd prefer being able to exercise in the cab.

Someone mentioned elastic resistance bands. What are some not-shitty ones I could order?

Diet soda is alright, although it's bad for your teeth.

Do you already track your calories? Download myfitnesspal on your smartphone and start keeping track of everything you eat. Nothing is stopping you from getting some cardio. Buy some good running shoes and do laps around the truck stop lot. For weight training, get some dumbbells. I haven't ridden in a sleeper cab in a long time but I think you would have enough space for curls, squats, deadlifts, etc. Your biggest limitation would be the number of weights you can fit in there.

Diet soda actually makes you more hungry

If I drink a super big gulp of water (well it would take me an hour) but I wouldn't be craving anything for a while.
But if it was a super big gulp of diet coke I would have it done in 10 minutes along with a chilli dog (extra chilli)

Yeah it's mostly volume. Mass isn't as big a deal. I try to park as far from the truck stop as I can to force myself to walk (though I fucking can't stand the heat, I try to keep time outside minimised in southern heat).

Can't you buy adjustable dumbbells, or are those not as compact as I'm thinking?

Mainly when I'm hungry I get terrible headaches and my teeth start to hurt. I think I read this is a symptom of hypoglycemia, but I don't have problems with my blood sugar. I'm not on any kind of medication, and I just had a complete physical done about 9 months ago.