Why is fast food bad for you, Veeky Forums? In theory, a McDonalds meal shouldn't be that bad. It's just bread, meat...

Why is fast food bad for you, Veeky Forums? In theory, a McDonalds meal shouldn't be that bad. It's just bread, meat, cheese vegetables and sauce. Or is there something else that they put that makes it unhealthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Plain-Greek-Nonfat-Yogurt-5-3-oz/166046751#about-item
themacroexperiment.com/blog/the-iifym-fast-food-restaurant-master-list
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sodium zero fiber zero nutrients shit load of carbs calorie dense while offering no nutritional value

It's all fried, to start with. Oils, saturated fats, trans fats and other bad things are part and parcel of fast food. Not to mention there are additives in the food designed to make you feel hungry again sooner. Also, soda and fries (2/3rds of the meal) is practically empty calories.

I'll still get some fast food burgers once in a while, but the sides are poison.

>no nutritional value

a mcdouble contains a good balance all 3 macronutrients with 20g of protein for 2$

There's added sugar in all the ingredients, from the buns, to the patty, sauces, everything.
And there's the whole heat, freeze, heat cycle which wrecks the vitamins and proteins.

Fatty meat and cheese are unhealthy.
Not enough vegetables
Oxidized oil
Sodium
Too much fat, not enough carbs

That's why
You just don't understand nutrition

truth is that mcdee is the perfect food
haters gonna hate

chick fil a is ok though right guys?

There needs to be a reverse Super Size Me where some spastic dude gets a great body while only eating Maccas. It's definitely possible

Skellington dirty bulk program. One dozen big macs a day.

Fats are good for you (trans excluded). The issue with McD's is the carbs, preservatives, lack of fiber, and lack of nutrition.

Every saturday after lifting I get two Spicy Deluxe with a small shake (no fries, obviously). Basically perfect macros aside from the sugar in the shake.

>20g of protein
Enjoy your soy clusters. Very little of the patty actually has to be meat in order for it to be called "meat"

the problem is the quality of ingredients they use eg. shitty oil thats used way too many times etc., if you were to eat those burgers from their commercials then its not bad but the reality is not so nice

It's not exactly what you're looking for but Fathead was a sort of reverse Super Size Me.

doesn't fast food increase LDLs?

>tfw buy 2 mcdubs remove 2 buns and make a mcquad
>dat cheap protein

It's nothing but the cheapest fillers legally allowed. Just Google their ingredients

I worked at mcds in high school, the patties are legit beef, they don't add sugar to them surprisingly

>trans excluded
You TERF'ers trigger the living shit out of me

did you hand make the patties yourself? Unless you worked in the actual factory where they made the food, your opinion doesn't matter.

A hamburger sandwich itself isn't too bad, just read the nutrition facts.
The fries, drinks, and other stuff are very bad.

A McDouble is still pretty expensive per calorie and per gram protein, it's just the least expensive thing on their menu.

Loads of preservatives. Loads of sodium. Ketchup if basically as bad for you as pancake syrup. So is Coca Cola. Besides, their beef tastes like cardboard mixed with stale turds.

walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Plain-Greek-Nonfat-Yogurt-5-3-oz/166046751#about-item
$0.67/ea., 90Cal, 15g protein

>soy clusters
Just how much of a faggot are you?

It's not necessarily bad for you, I had 5 Fresco Soft Steak Tacos from Taco Bell last night. I hit my macros and I feel great today. Link below is helpful.
themacroexperiment.com/blog/the-iifym-fast-food-restaurant-master-list

fast food is good for you because it makes you feel good.

if youre eating food that makes u happy and good then it's good for you

find me a happy person who eats chicken, broccoli, and rice 7x a week compared to the happy guy who will have a few beers and a big mac.

>not buying 2 double cheeseburgers for $3 and doing the same thing
Cheaper, fewer carbs, more protein

Mcdouble is cheaper than double cheese?

Not at mine. Must depend on the store

You are fake news, they come in a bag in a box, pre cut and ready to throw on the grill. Unless you worked where they are made you know fuck all about what's in them.

t.former McDonald's worker in HS

A double cheeseburger is literally a mcdouble with an extra slice of cheese. They're cheaper near you?

Im fairly sure mcdoubles are >$1.50 at my mcdonalds so after the 2 for $3 deal the double cheeseburger is cheaper.

Oh its a deal of some kind? Misunderstood that.

"Healthy" is kind of a meaningless buzzword unless you are actually talking about toxins and cancer inducing chemicals.

Some foods are described as healthy because they give someone with an average western diet trace elements, vitamins and rare nutrients that he would otherwise miss out on. Like fruits are considered healthy because of their vitamin and fiber content. But if you already get enough vitamins and fiber from other sources then they are just unhealthy lumps of sugar that add nothing of value to your diet.

Other foods are considered healthy in comparison to other foods. Because they give you a bigger variety of nutrients with less calories, less carbs or less fat content. Again a subjective assessment. What might be junk food in one diet, might be a great nutritional source in another diet.

Lets look at a McDonalds burger.
A big chunk of it is white bread. It's high in carbs and doesn't really add any other useful nutrients.
Not much to say about the meat. It's processed and probably from mass farming. Comparable to cheap supermarket meat. If you just need high amounts of fat and protein in your diet for bulking then there is nothing wrong with it, besides the questionable source of meat maybe.
The vegetables are not worth mentioning. The onions are dried and nutritionally worthless seasoning. The salad is nutritionally equivalent to wet paper. And a slice of tomato won't make much of a difference either.
The sauce is high in protein and fat. I assume it's made from eggs and oil. The ketchup is garbage, mostly just crystal sugar.
The cheese of an extra ordinarily low quality, but it will also give you protein.

Overall a person with a regular mans diet, who is probably lacking vitamins and trace elements, who doesn't exercise enough, probably shouldn't eat it.
But it is an okay bulk food for someone who is working out and getting all of his nutrients from other sources. I would remove the bread or replace it with wholegrain bread.

Yes burger can be solid and balanced food, but not mcd one and not with heap of fries and gallon of soda

>It's just bread, meat, cheese vegetables and sauce. Or is there something else that they put that makes it unhealthy?
>It's just bread,
>bread

>Carbs Scare Me - s18e03

Hell yeah, delicious and unafraid to tell liberals to eat dick