What's the difference between the muscles of someone who trains for strength and someone who trains fro hypertrophy?

What's the difference between the muscles of someone who trains for strength and someone who trains fro hypertrophy?

Strength training isn't just about muscles, it's also about joints, ligaments, tendons, bone density.

Hypertrophy is about targeting just the muscles, so they grow bigger.

In bodybuilding, there's actually some muscles you don't want to get bigger. For example, if you do a lot of heavy OHP, dumbbell presses, and lateral raises; but you have shitty form and too much weight (which is the case for a lot of guys), you will end up additionally training the supraspinatis muscle in your rotator cuff. As the supraspinatis hypertrophies, it pushes against the AC joint, causing your shoulders to pop when you lift them. This eventually leads to a torn rotator cuff.

Just imagine all you did was isolate your chest and legs, that's strength training.

There has come about this utterly bullshit meme that all you need is to train like a powerlifter in order to look like a bodybuilder, all because some highly inaccurate short studies and highly inaccurate EMG studies show full body activation on the squat, bench and deadlift.

But that doesn't mean shit, just because your bicep is activating on a bench press doesn't mean you're getting anywhere near sufficient training stimuli.

The only muscles strength training actually stimulates effectively is the chest, some triceps, quadriceps, and the entire posterior chain. So basically you're not even training 75% of the fluff muscles that actually make you look aesthetic.

What makes the issue even worse is that the bench, squat and deadlift are so good at what they do it makes the imbalance of aesthetic proportions even worse, since your fluff muscles can't overload and grow anywhere near as much as your functional muscles. The ideal approach is to still do your big 3, but do not go crazy on them.

Trains for stregth
>gets strong
>looks awful

Trains for hypertrophy
>gets strong
>gets laid

But how are you gonna stop someone who's stronger than you from kicking your ass and taking your girl?

for strength, its better recruitment of muscle fibers by CNS. I think that more actin and myosin heads form, hence why you need protein for strength training (But i could be completely wrong on this, not sure at all).

For hypertrophy, the cellular size of muscles increase. This allows for more production of ATP due to more organelles responsible for producing it from the increase of size. This translates to increased muscular endurance, longer time to fatigue. But this does not translate to cardiovascular endurance.

So for hypertrophy, at how much % of your 1RM are you supposed to lift?

Yea cause that happens all the time

It's more likely than you think.

>how are you gonna stop someone who's stronger than you from kicking your ass and taking your girl?
By not getting into a time machine and going back in time 20,000 years.

this sounds like a psa.

I'm pretty sure someone who trains for strength will pass out from exhaustion if they try fighting. Also strength =/= better fighter.

Nothing, you have no idea what's inside of each person's body naturally or not in any of those pictures.

It's very easy to pick and choose.

How long do you think that shit is gonna last, half an hour?

>i train for aesthetics

>I TRAIN FOR STRENGTH

>that feel when you have even less of chest that him
Will escaping skelly mode fix this

pssst....

trick is

train squat/deadlift/ohp/bench for strenght

build accesories around it for hypetrophy

>be strong
>dont look like shit

strength training is partly neurological and cellular. you have to have fucktons of more energy storage via mitochondria density, as well as increase wiring between your motor neurons and skeletal muscles for more all in one contractions.

all in all looks can be deceiving but strength training almost always results in non-visible widescale changes to your body.

hypertrophy via isolation doesn't really do this. more ATP and mitochondria are part of strength training imo.

how else would you fix this?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking

if you are a skelly and you want to be bigger you should stop being a skelly

if you're natural strength training and trainign for mass are synonymous. also SS is not strength training, its a dogshit routine

what difference, when you train for strength, what you're essentially doing is teaching your nervous system to recruit the biggest possible amount of muscle fibers in a given movement, therefore if you have small muscles you have a very small strength potential.
>training for strength before building a base is a lost cause full of platous

>im smarter than a guy who lifted for 25 years and the other guy who has a PhD and lifted for 10 years

cant tell if trolling or actually a legit retard