Lateral Deltoids

What the fuck do I do to get these darn things to grow? I have very narrow shoulders so there's that, but I hate when I do lateral deltoid exercises I see no progress.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RsADsEMO7ZM
youtu.be/xnNQFoBgtDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lat raises, 20 rep sets.
BTN press, 15 rep sets.

ur probably just weak in general. focus on ohp

Similar subject, but why do gymnast have such large shoulders, and how can i get that without forking over a ton of cash, and relocating gyms?

I've hit 1/2/3/4

But why in tarnation do my shoulders just look so fucking small?

Because they work the hell out of their shoulders from a very young age, their proportions are exaggerated on their tiny frames, they're on gear, and you're only seeing the cream of the crop.

>BTN press
aren't these dangerous?

i don't think its the only thing you should do, but are you doing cheat lateral raises to get a heavier weight for the negative?

Drop the weight, go for massive volume. 5 sets of at least 15 reps, then OHP.
says BTN, but fuck that, just make sure you are progressing on your OHP, which will allow you to move up in weight on lateral raise.

OP here.

Thank you beautiful people. Gonna use these tips more often.

Rarely get any good advice on lateral delts so I suffer.

Pyramid OHP, then go into lateral raises. I ALWAYS drop set my lateral raises and get a killer pump. Shrugs, BTN press (I do it seated on smith machine), cable lateral raises.

Or at least that works for me.

Pic related.

don't lower the weight to perpendicular to the floor, and don't raise it to parallel. instead, stay in the middle range, so the delt is always engaged. also try to lower your shoulders as much as possible to disengage your traps. press the weight outward as much as possible through the rep. you should feel it in your delt if you do it this way.

do light weight with high volume. nonstop tension. cables are far better for this exercise, but you can also add a band to a dumbbell.

Go light, pull the bar apart as you raise and lower, and go slow.

High rep lateral raises 10-12 reps for 3-4 sets seem to be helping mine, take from that what you will.

nice shirt faggo

+1 for lat raise drop sets.. it really makes a difference. I don't consider my shoulder workout complete till i can barely raise my arms

just /roid/ idiot. I roided and my traps and delts got fucking huge on 500 mg of test weekly and I have amazing lat genetics so I have a crazy taper and 32" waist and 6'2". I want to get sub 10% bodyfat so my cheekbones start coming out. I have crazy cheekbones and perfect dimples.

mirin forearm veins n-no homo.

do you do OHP with barbell or dumbells?

this is not a good answer

these are good answers

you can take or leave the BTN press depending on if you believe it will destroy your shoulders or not, but lateral raises are essential for side delts, you can hit delts with lateral raises and rear delt raises/face pulls frequently (3x a week is good) and with some pretty good volume, they recover quick

youtube.com/watch?v=RsADsEMO7ZM

her instruction actually helped me realize how wrong i was doing OHP

dafuq, who does ohp off a rack weak cunts, and she doesn't even use suicide grip

Check out Scooby's video:
youtu.be/xnNQFoBgtDU
I tried these with low weight, high reps nice and slow.
They are great tbqhwy

ty

Usually standing barbell (probably my strongest lift honestly) but I'll hit dumbbells too for higher reps (~12). Seated Arnold Presses are amazing too.

Yeah, don't forget to do some E3D sets too OP

Genetics. Plus a lot those guys you see with huge shoulders are roiding it up.

I'm honored by your insinuation.

3* Dropset front delt raises. It will hurt like a bitch but your shoulder will grow tremendously

doing front delt isolations when you already bench press, incline bench, or overhead press is a complete meme (not to mention front delts contribute the least to 3d delts)

don't waste your time, do lateral raises and rear delt raises/face pulls instead

this if you're doing basic compounds your anterior delt gets more than enough work, front raises are overkill

+

Sure.

Tried this today, felt good.
Lat raises always feel awkward to me no matter how I hold or lean, but this one felt pretty comfy.

mirin'
natty?

I was in this picture. Not anymore though.

Overhead pressing exercises, although they target the front delt much better, will do a decent job at also building the mid delt, because of the sheer amount of force you can apply compared to isolation movements. It's not enough by itself to build good shoulders, though. You need to do lateral raises and bent over raises. You can do them quite often as long as you don't overdo the volume.

3-4 sets of lateral and bent over raises 3 times a week and an overhead pressing movement 1-2 times a week should do the job.

What is pyramid ohp

Why are my posterior delts non existent. Give me some excercises fit.

Do bent over lateral raises. Your front delts steal tge effort from the side ones esp cause its much stronger due to pressing. Do bent over raises and your side delt will do far more work. Use light weight and much volume

Your posterior delt isnt particulary bad. Id rather work on those forearms

But i found that HIIT swimming helps me a lot to balance my whole upperbody and unfucked my rounded shoulders.

saw you on fa
once again, forearmlet

>stupid tattoo's
>stupid bracelets

when u go up in weight then back down

>girl asks why I wear a pink braclet l
>"it's for my mother, she has breast cancer"
>instant pussy

You should try it.

if you have a narrow frame looks like genetics fucked you buddy, do heavy lat raises tho

Does this work for real?

BTN press is actually fucking cancerous beyond belief and is terrible, TERRIBLE, for rotator cuff health.

Just do lateral raises up to the height of your shoulder or slightly above, lean forward and use external rotation so your pinky is facing downward to some degree.

This targets delts in the optimal plane because you are leaned forward with scapula slightly retracted and your shoulders are safe.

this

Girls love a guy who loves (and possibly takes care of) his mother. Plus it's a great sob story.

how good are upright rows for delts?

It's a good exercise for hypertrophy, but it can be quite bad on the shoulders. It's probably not worth doing something that can injure your shoulders just for a little bit more gains, because when you do get that injury, you're going to lose a lot more than you got.

Handstands and handstand pushups > lateral raises

Shoulder exercises in general can be dangerous depending on your scapula/clavicle. The shape of the acromion can vary by quite a bit, which can result in either a lot of impingement with the bursa, or virtually none.

My God. You must be massive on gear.

I do handstand pushups. More interesting/better exercise.
Not to mention lateral raises fuck your supraspinatus.

Work on your rear delts. They give you the 3D look from the side and back.

My man. Probably the safest shoulder exercise period, plus you look like a bad-ass doing it. Also hits your traps, chest, core, triceps, and forearms.

>It's a good exercise for hypertrophy, but it can be quite bad on the shoulders

Well if it's good for hypertrophy that'll make em grow right?

And how are they bad for shoulders?

snatches
snatch push presses

they aren't doing not lateral raises either.

this is how every advice post on Veeky Forums should be: post your pic straight ahead with no lighting tricks then state what you do.

>Implying these are even respectable numbers.

And probably bigger than you

Looks pretty nice desu. Gonna try this tomorrow.

Post body. You probably have muscle dismorphia

hey sorry about your head gettin cracked open last season in TWD

Kek

Look up athlean videos about shoulders.

kek

They're pretty damn bad on your shoulders. It doesn't matter if they grow if you're injured for 2 months because of it.

try heavy ass lateral raises and get them up and try to slowly lower them
i use to try a lot of reps and was not getting the growth i wanted but doing these cheat raises really helped

Wow, a faggot who needs to shut up, go figure.

how does one do lateral raises or upright rows safely without risking any damage