Dumbell bench >>> Barbell bench

Dumbell bench >>> Barbell bench

That is all

True, but most programs use barbell bench because you can find 2.5lbs plates at any gym, but dumbells that increase in 2.5lbs intervals are rare.

Also, lmfao jof looks so small in that picture.

I agree because the stronger arm can't compensate for the weaker arm. Also your forearms can twist and recruit extra muscles.

Only if you're pushing baby weight. Once you get high enough on barbell bench the equivalent dumbells require a retarded amount of effort just to get into position.

how the fuck am I supposed to get into position with db, especially on the incline bench
unless we are talking about bby weights

Yeah but barbell bench is more impressive to normies and sluts. Also my youfit only has dbs going up to 90, which I can shoulder press for 8-10 now so it's bb or submaximal weight

You kick the weights up with your legs retard. Weight goes on your knee. How strong are you? Cause I can kick up 90s to shoulder press with, without too much issue. If you're lifting 150 pound dbs you're good to ask for a spot but You're not so wtf is the issue

Kek

Barbell fags BTFO

imagine thinking that theres a huge difference between db and bb bench

just pick one you like, you could even do weighted pushups hell thats works for me

The loading increments suck and the positioning is awkward at high weight. It's a solid mass builder but saying it's inherently better than BB for everything is retarded

>This

>people actually believe it makes a difference if you work out the same muscle group in different ways.

What's high weight to you?

pls go jeff

I'm shit at dumbell bench, that is all

you have more ROM with dumbells though

>he can't bend his chest backwards

I like db because you can twist them and shit while you push if you want to shake things up

>dumbells going up in 2.5kg increments is rare
Maybe if you go to a shitty gtm

50kg upwards. It's not impossible but it's an enormous strain on the shoulder if you get it slightly wrong, not to mention the tweaks people inevitably get when lunking the weights.

The main advantage to DB is that it allows for a great ROM and full utilisation of the stretch reflex.

>not using the superior barbell for the best of both worlds

seriously though, is this barbell a meme or is it actually legit? I saw it in one gym

Turns out it's called cambered bench press bar. Opinions?

I am DYEL and I do 3x12 Dumbell bench with 50 lb dumbbells but I tried to do it last night with 55 lb dumbbels and couldn't even get the 55 lb dumbbell into position correctly, had to drop it

What do?

>THIS IS NATTY
>Natty?
>THIS
>IS
>TRENBOLONE

Ask someone to hand you one dumbell after you set up the first one.

2.5lbs. Your dumbbells are not going up that way never.

BB flat bench for strength
DB incline for hypertrophy

/thread
although you'll work both by doing either, BB will generally get your stronk, while DB give you a superior range of motion, therefore increased hypertrophy, by adjusting the rep range you can get stronger/bigger even more efficiently (3-6 reps for strength, 8-12 for hypertrophy)