Go to gym

>go to gym
>everyone stands around
>chatting
>half-assed attempts with dumbbells
>looking at girls

>I start to do my reps
>everyone looks at me weirdly

Why the fuck do people go to a gym for social interaction? Just go to a club or bar. It has come to a point where you have to feel out of place if you actually go there to train.

it's probably because you have that elitist snob scowl on your face and they can sense your arrogance

>chadding
>looking at girls

Get lost from /r9k/?

Fpbp

>walk in to gym
>bunch of normal fag gym bros
>be me, 240lbs, 6'2", 10% bf
>load 3 plates for diddly
>the max of most of these normal fags
>proceed to move it like its the bar
>weight bounces violently off my quads I pulled it so hard
>load up 5 plate
>hit it for 5 rep, all fast
>people just watch
>all of the instagram worthy cardio bunnies continue talking to their 5'10" frat kid gym bros while a mate worthy of having them all pulls their totals for reps.

I do both, really. I've made some friends at the gym and we talk in between sets if I see them. Just the other day I had a pretty good squat sesh and I was talking to one of my gym friends the whole time.

You're a big guy

that's the thing. normans don't really give a shit about strength or size, all they care about is a six-pack. that's why you're better off just lifting for yourself, regardless of whether you train for size or strength. you'll get both anyways if you program properly.

You're not ugly though?

That's the thing, nobody gives a shit

Veeky Forums is out of touch with the real world

You need to be reasonably athletic, outgoing and social, popular, smart, have some money/status, and a real knack for finding and participating in cultural phenomena that are considered cool

This doesn't happen. Its either in your head or you're such a freak you turn heads. Either way it's your autism not everyone else.

People do not go to the gym to socialize. They might socialize and work out but that's called having charisma.

This. Or be in the top 1% of any category to compensate for falling short in others.

>go to gym
>sluts everywhere
>blocking benches and racks
>using lowest possible weights
>doing half-assed reps
>with 15 minute breaks where they just waste space while doing tinder on their phones

Why the fuck do these cunts even go to the gym if they don't want to get strong?

I only go to the gym for the free pizza.

cya the first Monday of September user ^5

to activate the dick pump user

for you

or just not fucking care and lift heavy ass weight for the sake of lifting heavy ass weight

What else was going to happen? They'd just leave the people they already knew and sprint over to you? People would be impressed, but they're not going to all just instantly orbit around you, that's dumb.

Try not being an autist.

Tom Hardy (Bane) is 5'9" though.

Oh well. I bet he still weighed quite a lot in raw musclemass when he played the role. And besides. How "big" you are isn't all about height, it plays a great role, but a broad shouldered, well trained and big dude at 5'8 will still be perceived as quite a bit bigger than a 6'2 dude of same weight.

>Why the fuck do these cunts even go to the gym if they don't want to get strong?
Because they just want 2 get toned user.

Yeah he did look "big" for the role.

Why are steroid users so retarded?

Oh wait, they all sacrifice their hearts and kidneys so they can look aesthetic and huge, when in reality, nobody outside Veeky Forums gives a shit how much you deadlift or squat.

Bunch of fucking idiots. Veeky Forums is essentially /r9k/ in denial.

they were jealous of your barbell flies

im a loner at the gym, but i'd be social if i knew people...
if you only chose one, more healthy to socialize doing physical activity rather than drinking

or they didnt even look at OP more than anyone else in the gym

Rippetoe would be disgusted with you.
You are doing a progressive overload training regime for the purposes of training

ask to work in you scaredy cat

I always hate this normalfag fucking excuse
>w-w-well you just didn't LOOK nice to them
Fuck off, if you want to interpret anyone not smiling as being arrogant and elitist than you're an insecure fag like the lot of normal fucks that just go to the gym to eat pizza.

obviously we don't have the full picture so based on his post i guess it is one of

1) drawing attention to himself through grunting or lifting heavier than normal weights
2) he's narcissistic and has an imaginary audience
3) he has this lone wolf school shooter vibe to him

his attitude towards casuals leads me to believe the last option is the most likely

Wear big headphones. I really don't understand how a place as autistic as this could stand without being wasted the sewage that passes for 'music' in public places anyways. Problem solved.

Y-you too

Don't go to that gym.