Got guillotined in my last set of bench but managed to roll off the bar to my torso

>got guillotined in my last set of bench but managed to roll off the bar to my torso

Jesus Christ, that was scary. It even left a pretty visible hematoma on my neck that people keep asking about all the time now.

Say that it was Robespierre, and only the Scarlet Primpernel saved you from a terrible death in the nick of time.

did anyone else see the new planets of the ape movie

This is why I only do body-weight exercises and natural running. Every time you pick up a weight you might as well be putting a gun to your head.

Looking at the image you posted you must be an awkward virgin and probably dont know this, but you should cover up bruises on your neck because people will automatically think you got hot and heavy with soneone, thats why theyre asking.
Cover that shit up

it was pretty good

ending was too sad for me though, cried in the theater desu

This. people who save and post anime images are socially disconnected 99% of the time.

Don't quit your day job there Shakespeare..

>le people who like anime are losers xDDDD
>shitposts on anime site

Wow, watch out the alphas from reddit over here.

heh, you kicked his ass

how did the bar end up on your neck? your bench form must be incredibly fucked

do you know the sauce of thread pic

Your bench form is mega fucked if the bar is over your neck. You probably guillotine press with a suicide grip and can't get past 50kgs

There's no risk of it.

Putting a gun to your head isn't very dangerous if you keep your finger off the trigger.

It was when I tried to rack the bar. That's always the hardest part if you don't have a spotter.

Prison School

Too bad it didn't kill you. Stupid weeb

Dang bro, that's y, if u bench alone, u need to use a cage that has those SAFETY BARS, those are fail safes in case u can't do the weight.
That or get a spotting partner or use dumbbells that u can just drop off to the sides.

>tfw will never join the Cult of the Supreme Being, joining in a national revolutionary fervour and eventually facing the most aesthetic execution of all time
why even live brehs

Hehe posts on a image board founded for discussion of anime in like 2004 but has since evolved into multiple other boards of interest. Most having nothing to do with anime and also keeping the lights on for Asian moot.

Elbows should be locked before racking to avoid fucking up like that.

This is why you use the rack and set the safeties if you're going heavy without a spotter. Should have really hurt you for being such an idiot.

>those are fail safes in case u can't do the weight.
how about you stop being an absolute fucking idiot and use weight that you can manage

Haha, true but sometimes people add a little weight to try & progress & fail on the the last reps or sometimes ur just not "feeling it" or ur mind is somewhere else & end up failing to lift the same weight u lifted before.

>anime website

more like a website where we make fun of losers who watch anime

Don't let your friends find out you visit a site that has an anime girl in the logo, redditors.

bench with safeties... whats so hard

IF you NEVER once fail then how are you progressing?

>Not using safeties.

>using safeties
I bet you still ride your bike with training wheels

No, but if I'm lifting 100+kg above my chest, I like to have a couple bars in place to reduce my injuries to a couple of broken ribs, instead of getting fucking rekt.

More reliable and preferable to a ballsack in the face.

>I-if you don't watch cartoons for autistic manchildren you must be from reddit!!1
Disgusting weeb

your elbows should be locked before reracking, never attempt to rerack a rep that's still on the way up because if you fail to get it high enough or bounce it off the hooks you will kill yourself

better to fail, set it down on your chest, and roll it off than to guillotine yourself

The safeties on my half rack saved my life today. I'd never lift without them.

How much weight was it? I'm convinced beyond a certain point you can't just roll it anymore

The only time the bar should ever be over your neck when you are unracking it, and when you are racking it. Your arms should be locked out at both of those moments. If the bar is over your neck at other points during your set, you are bench pressing incorrectly.

Fix your bench.

Wow you sure got them there with that "redditor" bit dude! It's totally not overused and worn out by this point. And I'm pretty sure over 50% of people on here have browsed Reddit or came from reddit

>user is that a hickey? I didn't know you were a player
>y-yea

Does your rack not have lower pins? If I failed a rerack I could just stick it on some lower pins so I don't crush my face.

>And I'm pretty sure over 50% of people on here have browsed Reddit or came from reddit
>Third stage: Bargaining
You have to go back.

while its never happened to me i dont worry about it at all

you're not dropping 100kg on your body, it'll be more like 10kg, unless your arm snaps so the bar goes in free fall, you dont drop the bar when you fail a set you lower it back down slowly

>Suicide grip
Man, I have the early stages of carpal tunnel in my right hand, only way I can lift nowadays without feeling like I'm being electrocuted (fucking phobia as well, fuck me) is suicide grip or hook straps.

I don't browse reddit, but nice try kiddo

i bench on a commercial gym flat bench, there is only one spot to rack the bar and then a tiny little stub under that that will definitely be missed by the bar flying towards my face if i fuck up

I use the bars so I can really push myself, particularly on failure sets.
I've had it happen where my arms just gave out almost at the top, safeties saved my life.

>Using a 3 year old meme
Checks out, you from 9Gag or Facebook?

>triggered by anime or people who like anime on Veeky Forums
>not a newfag from reddit or other social media normie site

Pick one

Neither. I don't see why you autists have such problems with people from Reddit and 9gag

One of the reasons I've the feeling I can't increase my bench is just this reason, a psychological barrier fueled by the fear of by neck being crushed by 225lbs of weight.

I think I will just switch to dumbell presses. I'm too autitic to have a spotter.

I'm not "triggered" by anime. I never said I was, I don't really understand how people can watch Japanese children cartoons, but if people want to i don't really care

why not just keep each set you do at least a rep or two from failure?

you shouldn't be regularly coming close to failing reps in training anyway as far as heavy compounds are concerned (fine for isolations), great way to fuck yourself up and prevent you from doing additional sets for more volume (fuck off HIT memesters)

Because you guys come here, reeking of stale board culture, or a false impression of what the board culture is because your only exposure is screencaps.

So rather than lurking and learning before you start shitposting, you just dive face first into it, trying to be "epic" or some other cancerous shit.
Worse still, are those of you that come here and immediately start tripfagging because you can't stand not being recognised.

You're fine to come here, but stop copy pasting content, and just lurk until you understand the board culture.

Use a power cage.

I just said I didn't come from any of those websites, nice comprehension skills you have there, and let me guess your "le oldfag xDDD", right?

You seem upset, user.

goddamn I love prison school

Sure, and when I was your age, I used to tell the cashier at the liquor store I was 18, he only looked the other way because I paid cash.
Doesn't mean it wasn't obvious.

Just fucking lurk for a while, it's easy and you'll get to understand board culture.

I'm not on the other guy's side either, but you need to go back to where you came from.

I can't exactly tell how many reps am I from failure, so I always stay at the same number of reps and if I increase the weight I do a ridiculously low number of reps just for the fear of suddenly failing the next one.

Should try

H...h-h....Hana-san......ugyuu~

I lurv you

;_;

why don't redditors just fuck off if they hate anime so much? you have r/fitness and bodybuilding.com

>How people can watch japanese cartoons

It's like watching a regular show, except none of it is real and all of it is drawn up and dubbed over. Isn't that magical?

I think you have some weird stigma over it. What's with your sense of "Heh, watching anime? isn't that for weird faggots?"

you'll get a feel for proximity to failure as you lift longer

if you liked the other ones, youll like this one too.