How long should it take to reach 1/2/3/4?

How long should it take to reach 1/2/3/4?

Took me about three months.

2-3 months

It took me a little less than a year.

idk dude. been going for a year and a bit now. three quarters the way there for bench. halfway there for deadlift. two thirds the way there for squat and 5/6th the way there for overhead press. been doing ICF but not linear progression. increase when i feel it. and you?

>people claim to be able to deadlift 4 fucking plates in a year or so
>know a guy who's buff as hell, even looks like it with cloths on, been lifting for 7+ years, and can only do 3.5 plate for 3 to 5 reps
do these fuckers consider summo the only style of deadlift or something? are they all just fatass powerlifters with 4 inch ROM on deadlift?
I've been training for 3 years and only at 2.85 plate on DL

sorry, should have prefaced it with "if you're not a gde"

>been lifting six months now
>only at 0.5/1/2/3

Should I kill myself? I haven't been eating enough because I'm already skinnyfat

i cant reach 4 plates on conventional DL but for some reason i can do it easy with jefferson deadlifts

Been lifting 1.5 years and I'm at about
.9/1.7/2.25/3.25 all for 1 rep

I don't know whether to feel good about myself, or feel bad for you and the guy. I trained for a year and I can rep 405 for 5 touch and go very narrow stance.

1/2/3/4 months, duh???

Rate my progress on Greyskull LP:

OHP: 52.5kg for 4 reps (failed 5th)
BP: 82.5kg for 5 reps
Squat: 115kg for 5 reps
Deadlift: 145kg for 5 reps

3 Months of Greyskull, did brosplits before for about 3 months

I've been lifting for 13 months and still haven't hit it.

how?
even at 2.85 my form goes to dog shit. only around 2.5 plate can I maintain good form and full ROM

what is your background like? athletic?

guess it's worth mentioning that that buff guy I know is technically a bodybuilder and doesn't give a flying fuck the actual weight he moves, but rather muscle activation/form.

In 3 months I was on 3 plate deadlift with strong lifts

>tfw you've got 1/, but all your other lifts are lacking

not him but i was a complete dyel no previous training what so ever and i can deadlift 3.75 pl8 for 5 not touch and go after 1.5 years of training

what kind of job do you work?
routine?
beginning to think upper lower split 6 days a week while working manual labor job is not a good idea...

>how

Because you didnt train to be good at deadlifts, you trained to look better.

>buff

Leave this fucking board you dyel teenage faggot

right
should have said he looks like a sick cunt
sorry for upsetting you, you meme tastic faggot

You're projecting and strawmanning because your results are garbage as a result of bottom of shit barrel tier genetics or shit work ethic, or just wrong programming.

>uses memes like a fag
>gets called out on it
>"ur projecting"
lol

Not referring to that post. Referring to these

Depends on your anthropometry and dick size.

full time student
i started brosplits for half a year now im nsuns 531 5 days
idk what to say id prob just try a linear program maybe canditos UL linear just because it has more emphasis on squat and dl so ur numbers can go up

>Not referring to that post.
then why did you reply to that post? do you even know the point of replying to specific posts is?

Bodyweight?

80kg

You're right, i replied to the wrong post. Now please lets continue the discussion here.

It is sad to see people jump the gun and assume successful lifters are fat or doing short ROM just because said person haven't hit numbers they should've in a given time frame (assuming genetics aren't garbage, eating is right and training is right).

How tall are you and how heavy are you?

I'm currently 4.5 months in after a couple months of being a faggy curlbro who could do like 30 push ups in a row and curled like 40 pounds. Before that when I was younger I took a year and a half's worth of college courses basically just teaching you how to do some basic lifts and then letting you go nuts in the gym, I pretty much just fucked around and didn't do any actual olympic lifts besides benching every now and then. My max back then was probably like 150 at the very, very most.

So anyways, I've been doing SS + lat/front raises and rear delt flies, incline bench, wrist/bicep curls, shrugs, calf raises, chest flies, and tricep kickbacks/extensions for 4.5 months. I'm currently at 0.8/1.7/3/3 but I'm still like a rung above skinnyfat since all I've focused on with my diet is eating protein after my workout and cutting out things like soda. I'm planning on switching to coolcicada's PPL in October.

Yeah, it's good progress man. You're probably not too far off from hitting 1/2/3/4 so yeah that's good progress at that weight.

>It is sad to see people jump the gun and assume successful lifters are fat or doing short ROM just because said person haven't hit numbers they should've in a given time frame (assuming genetics aren't garbage, eating is right and training is right).
I jumped to that because it seems everyone online hit 1/2/3/4 in a week where as everyone I know in real life has been lifting for 3+ years and not really hit any of those. Hard to believe people online are legit and not just bullshitting.
>How tall are you and how heavy are you?
5'10 and 164lbs.

>people claim to be able to deadlift 4 fucking plates in a year or so

Took me 7 months. I have short arms, pull conventional, beltless.
Just because you know some guy that can't do it doesn't mean others can't do it too.

> it seems everyone online hit 1/2/3/4 in a week where as everyone I know in real life has been lifting for 3+ years

it's like you think being fat gives you a 3 year headstart

>5'10 and 164lbs.

So you're basically a teen still?

What i meant is they're shitting on you and le troleing you. Obviously they didnt hit 1234 in a week ffs why do you even reply to those posts?

>it's like you think being fat gives you a 3 year headstart
being so fat that your ROM is half what it should is kinda of a head start
>How tall are you and how heavy are you?
I'm 26

>being so fat that your ROM is half what it should is kinda of a head start
Then it is likely not a to depth squat, and being fat doesn't reduce the ROM on a deadlift.
>I'm 26
And you're the size of a 16 year old, and say shit a 16 year old would say.
In this post you say

>I've been training for 3 years and only at 2.85 plate on DL

Which is bad enough on it's own, but the fact that you can't clearly judge if someone is blatantly BSing you on the fucking internet regarding 1234 lifts just blows my goddamn mind, and makes me think you're just one of those guys that would go to the gym like once or twice a week every couple of months to get "buff" and as a result you're just overall clueless.

Surround yourself by big, strong, experienced people and none of this would be an issue, this thread would never have been made.

Now fuck off back to planetfitness and never post on my board again you teensized "adult".

I've pressed 135, benched 185, front squatted 315, back squatted 335, and deadlifted 365

I should just fucking kill myself.

About three weeks

I do an upper lower split 6 days a week. Been doing that since I stopped SL about 7 months in when noticed my ass/thighs were bigger than girls and my arms looked the same. I've made steady gains, but nowhere near slapping 2.5-10 pounds on all my lifts each session. And that seems to be the only way to get to 1/2/3/4 within a year. Seems I can, at best add 2.5-10 pounds to a compound a week, not each session/every two days.
>Surround yourself by big, strong, experienced people and none of this would be an issue
I literally do. My gymbros are the biggest guys at my gym. Two compete in lifting comps and place pretty well, they're on power lifting routines. They've given me tons of tips on form, nutrition, and routines. They can't find anything else to tip me on til I go too heavy with weight and my form slips. The other one is the buf- err I mean sick cunt looking guy or whatever term you sensitive little brain prefers and he's the same as the powerliftings, just even more critical on form. He literally measures my body to find my perfect leverage angles for my compounds. How far my feet should be, angle of butt, depth, all that shit. After he did that my gains went up, and instantly slapped 10-25lbs on all my lifts, so I think he knows what is up.
I still make gains, albet slowly it seems. I still do not understand how others, whom claim to have started out like me, eat like me, follow non gimmicky meme routines like me, train consistently like me some how have made it to 1/2/3/4 so quickly when it probably won't be another year til I finally hit 3/4.

>when noticed my ass/thighs were bigger than girls

Wow were your glutes, quads and hamstrings as a male larger than a girls glutes, quads and hamstrings? What a shocker right? That's not right at all! Women errr uh... i mean uhh t-they naturally have stronger lower bodies than men (?) haha xD so uhh it would be feminine of me to have a large strong lower body??? I mean the rest of the male body is larger as a result of being able to build more muscle but not the lower body thats gay!

Literally nothing else you said is worth commenting on. You just train and eat like a shitter and ontop of that your genetics are spic tier. Fuck you, and fuck you for participating in redditing my board up. You're 26, you shouldn't be here anyway faggot.

Depends on age, training method, willingness to bulk, and starting weight.

People who hit 1/2/3/4 in like 3-4 months were probably like 23 years old and 230lbs and followed a strength routine.

That being said, for me starting at 16 years old at 120lbs:
1pl8 OHP - 8 months-ish
2pl8 Bench - 2.5 years (didn't bench frequently)
3pl8 Squat - 1.5 years
4pl8 DL - 2 years

been lifting for 4 years now, but not really for strength anymore, just kinda going out of habit, boredom and fear of losing gains, so my lifts are all only about 20-40lbs above each of the above.

meme tastic as fuck
how can you be delusional enough to call me a kid?

Took me about 3 years. Bodyweight 170#

>I-i'm an adult!! I'm over 18!!! >:@@@ I-im 164lbs bb-b-b--but im an adult you're just delusional

t. your average NYR gymcel

lmao
r u 4 reel

>pic

i actually do this when the squat is particuarlly hard. is this bad?

balance is totally fine i just take my hands off the bar

Starting from rock bottom (not being able to squat the bar). I'd say a year at most.

>tfw nearing the 1 year point but fucked around on a brosplit on a cut for half of it and am only at .8/1.7/2.5/3.5

I started as a skellyfat and I actually don't know how long it took me to hit a 1/2/3/4.

I was benching 65lbs when I started when I was like 17 and then had many years of bad diet and routines eventually figuring out my shit and hitting a 2/3/4/5 recently at the age of 24.

What the fuck is with those weird lifts fuck you i hope your parents die

I never did anything athletic before i started lifting. I do powerlifting of training with a bit of bb in it as well. Idk i ate big and shit. Also i watched/read shit tons about deadlifting in general and i still have problems deadlifting as my erector musclels are always crippled and sore. Not gonna say all this research didnt help me which it did but i feel like i still have a lot to learn. I recommend this guy nick wright when he did a video with pete rubish where he tought him how to deadlift. Great video and i recommend checking pete rubish in general. He has many great videos and is a nice guy. Goodluck.

Why do you have to be such a negative fag? You cant just walk around and call people names

I never bench or deadlift, so that explains it.

same here brah, same here. I should be nearing 2/3/4/5 if it wasn't for the meme brosplits i fell for 8 fucking months

I went from a 275 dl to a 445 in about 10 months but 6 of them were spent cutting from 190 to 160lbs.

All I do are warmups into a 1rm and then drop the weight to what I can 5 rep from there and maybe do a set or two before I'm fucked up.

Did that every second day working out 6x per week in a routine I made up that would hit every muscle in 2 days without any overlap that would ruin the other day.

>Be me 5'10 skinnyfat fag at 78kg
>Cutting at 1800-1900 cals
>Eat 150g protons daily
Current lifts are
47.5/65/90/100 kg work sets

Can I reach 1/2/3/4 while cutting ? Currently stalled and don't like it

wtf is a gde

why tf are you cutting at 78kg at 5'10

I'm same height and i weight 87-88kg with upper abs showing, gotta admit i'm above the bodyfat i want but as long as my lifts are increasing i see no reason to cut.

Leverages, genetics, preference, and determination, mate. It took me probably 6 months to hit 1pl8 on OHP for a single and 9-10 months for a 2pl8 bench single. I was even fucking around for most of that time and not on a solid program/eating enough. But that also left me at a 2pl8 squat and 2.5pl8 deadlift until I started training them frequently. I've got short little arms, moderately large rib cage, and short femurs

At 1.5 years lifting I pulled 150kg at 66kg bodyweight while only training deadlift once a week with no real program, just random set/rep ranges like 1x5, 3x3, 2x5, whatever. You don't need to be fat or a powerlifter to pull 4 plates.

not a bad problem to have, OHP is hardest to progress on by far for most people

1pl8 ohp is by far the easiest to achieve though.

i did some shitty homemade version of a ppl but without proper progression, never made any real progress until i jumped onto sl5x5 but stalled because i wasn't a complete beginner anymore and was trying to cut. decided to find a real program and ran c6w for 2 cycles and added 50kg to my squat, 40kg to deadlift and 20 to bench. wish i started bulking earlier but my skinnyfat brain didnt see the payoff

I am kinny fat. I have a belly fold.
Ex-fatty who started at 100kg

Seriously? I locked myself in my bedroom watching anime for 6 years before I started lifting, and I pulled 3 plates, conventional and beltless, after about 5-6 months. I'm 6'0" as well, so it had a little room to travel.
After the first month, I went to a PPL routine and my lifts went up with solid progress.

You forgot the part where you added less than 10 to your wilks

>1pl8

Oh God. For the longest time I thought 1/2/3/4 was *bodyweight, not plates.

stop cutting

Started as a 150lbs 6'2" skelly spooker with no sports experience a year ago
Now at 1/2/2.8/3.3 as a 180lbs twink
Is this good progress?

I mean if youre 285 pounds, none of these are impressive in the slightest.

wrong
skinnyfats shoudl always cut to 9-11% bf before bulking

As much as this guy acted like a sperg this guy is legit pathetic and indicative of the abs only meme, we need to make a meme if you don't have abs with 16 inch arms you're not fit.