Routine thread

What routine are you guys currently running?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o&t=197s
global-rowing-service.com/html/specialized_strength_training_.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One that a PT gave and i modified a bit

It works for me, i have it since i started, i didnt do meme routine like SS

That is for people that don't how to lift

5/3/1

5/3/1 with joker sets
Solid program for natty strength gains. Best I've used in the 11 years I've been training.

PPL routine

Pull A
Deadlift 5x5
Chin ups 5xF
Lat pull downs 4x12
Rows 4x12
Facepull 4x12
Curls 4x12
More curls 4x12

Push A
Bench 5x5
OHP 4x12
Incline dumbbell press 4x12
Dumbbell flys 4x12
Lateral raises 4x12
Tricep extensions 4x12
Skull crushers 4x12

LegsA
Squats 5 x5
Lunges 4x12 (each leg)
Leg press 4x12
Calf raises 4xF
Ab work (plank 60s, crunchs 4x30, dragon flags 4x10)

Pull B
Barbell rows 5x10
Pull ups 4xF
Shugs 4x12
Dumbbell rows 4x12
Face pull 4x12
Curls 4x12
More curls 4x12

Push B
OHP 5x5
Bench press 4x12
Incline dumbbell press 4x12
Dumbbell flys 4x12
Lateral/front raises 4x12
Tricep extensions 4x12
Skull crushers 4x12

Legs B
Deadlift 4x12
Front squat 4x12
Barbell glutes bridges 4x12
Calf raises 4x12
Ab work

Did you see some results in terms of aesthetics or mainly strength?

I'm using it as a strength program. It's flexible enough to use for bb. Just swap out joker sets for rest pause sets. But if you do that you might as well just do doggcrapp training.

What do you guys think of Lyle's Bulking Routine? I would add some lateral raises and rear delt flies to not become a shoulderlet.

>everything is 4x12 with an accasional 5x5
absolute trash

not poster, but the one above. 531 progression is good for putting up the main lifts. That is not going to make you aesthetic but if you fill in the rest of your gym time with movements you can make plenty of aesthetic gains. In the end, your going to get out of it, what you put into it.

Sheiko for squat and press (replaced sheiko bench with press)
531 for deadlift and bench, once per week

Used to bench twice per week and press once, but my bench has been stalling probably due to weak shoulders. So I'm prioritizing press rn

>Doing PPL
You know you can get the same gains with almost 1/3rd less time.

Arnold Golden Six

I'm new to this, so help me out.

A.
30min Treadmill run
Squat 4x6
Pullups/Lat pulldowns 4x6, 4x8
Shoulder press 4x6, 4x8
Deadlift 1x8
Triciep Pulldown 1x8, 1x10
B.
30m Treadmill Run
Front squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
C
30m Treadmill Run
Squat 4x12-15
Incline bench 4x12-15
Curls 4x12-15
Tricep Pulldown 4x12-15

PHUL, started this week.

Bump

StrongLifts with accessories, also I have one day of cardio every week. I alternate between punching bag training and running each week on cardio day.

>One that a PT gave and i modified a bit

>It works for me, i have it since i started, i didnt do meme routine like SS

>That is for people that don't how to lift

run after lifting weights, not before
it hinders your strenght and you burn more fat if you do it after

I've been doing ULPP, but I decided I already look ok for normie standards so I want to get my big4 up from barely intermediate numbers.
Thinking about simple fullbody with a couple accessories, 3x5 or 531

Bait

A
Squat
OHP
Leg curl
Calf raises
Lateral raises
Front raises

B
Deadlift
Pullups
Back flies
Seated row/low row
Shrugs
Ez bar curls
Hammer curls

C
Bench
Incline bench
Dips
Flies
Tricep extention cable thingy
Narrow grip ez bar bench

3x8-12 reps
Usually go 5x a week, trying to get up to ABCABCx
Getting size gains, but minimal strength gains

Pls tell me whats bad about it,

I'll start metallicadpa ppl soon
Is it good? What would u change

I'd skip the 30min treadmill and just do sprint intervals. Maybe 5 mins before your workout to warm up, and 5-10 mins after if you still have the energy.

Why OHP on day A?

I've seen many transformation threads of people using it. Seems like a good routine.

Decided to do shoulders on leg day, so pull day isnt overcrowded

Kinobody. The superhero one

It's a hard routine for a beginner honestly

yeah it makes sense dude, I wouldn't change it. Either that or alternate heavy OHP and heavy bench on day C

Sup lads

Looking to get back into a full-body routine, but really wanted to focus on more upper body and higher volume than traditional full-body strength programs

Wondering if it is a bad idea to do something like this:

Day A:
HEAVY:
Squats 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Pendlays 3x5

LIGHT:
Deadlifts 8x3
OHP 8x3

+Accessories

DAY B:
Invert heavy/light exercises
+ different accessories

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

I think by not pushing strength every workout I can get away with hitting all my compounds each time I'm in the gym, similar to PHUL and still make strength gains.

Thoughts?

I did SS in the past, and am currently doing a 3-day brosplit (6 days/week). Would just do Texas Method or try to milk SS some more, but I have some back issues so don't want to focus on pumping up deadlift/squat numbers

Thanks, will take this advice

Why?
Too many days?

I seriously don't have a routine. I go there and do whatever I feel like needs work basically

Can someone spoonfeed me

5'8

>Pull A
>Deadlift 5x5
>Legs B
>Deadlift 4x12
On purpose?

How often do you want to hit the gym?

3x a week is what I'm used to, could probably add something during the weekend too

3 times a week= Fullbody
4 times= Upper/Lower
6 Times= PPL

Thanks, but I'd suck your dick for an actual alright routine to follow, based on the first photo

massive iron - rep goal system. novice program number 3. With 1-2 more isolations for fun and health.
>AxBxCxx
Also steady state cardio and conditioning a couple time a week.

Been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for 2 months.

I like it, but I don't want to do strength forever, I don't give a shit about ego lifting, I want size. When should I switch over to hypertrophy?

been doing Lee Labrada's 12 week Lean Body trainer, currently on week 11

after this I plan to try Jim Stoppani's Shortcut-to-Shred

Upper/Lower: Lyle's Bulking Routine or Candito's Routine (both free to find online)
PPL: metallicadpa's routine

I've been doing SL for about the same time.
Most people recommend doing a strength program for about 6 months before moving on to hypertrophy.
It may take more or less time. For example, I'm making pretty fast progress because I'm a manlet.

In the meantime, you can (and should) add the upper-body assistance work.
Do unweighted dips/chin-ups until you can do 3x10.

upper lower split sorta thing going on, 6 days a week with stuff alternating every week/two weeks. will give dets on what alts
>Mday
flat bench 5x8 or 5x10 (two weeks of that, then back to 5x5)
chest flies on one of those machines 3x8 or 3x12
tripulldowns 3x12 or 15
incline bench curls 3x12
>Tday
Squat 5x5
front squat 3 or 5 x5
hack squat or 1 legged squat 3x4 or 6
leg curls/extension 3x8
>Mday
OHP 5x8 (two weeks of that then back to 5x5)
3 way shoulder raise 3x15
incline DB bench 3x10 or 12
chinups
>Thrday
deadlift 5x5
rows of some sort, depending on the style changes the setxreps. usually 3x8 for DB and 5x5 for BB
lat pulls of some sort, usually 3x8 or 10
pullups til failure, 3 sets
>Fday
repeat of Mday
>Sday
Repeat of Tday

I switch Mday and Wday each week, same with Tday and Thrday so I do one week of two bench days and deadlift days, then switch to the next week being two OHP and squat days.
some times I do other exercises to mix it up, but this is a typical two week period for me. takes me an hour and a half to do this shit.

am I wasting my time on meme shit or is this solid? I use to do full body but it took too long to do the volume I wanted

fugg

My progress is meh, and I'm a 140 lb manlet. I've been doing pull-ups (not chin-ups; should I switch to those?) but I have to do them assisted with like 50 lbs.

All these beginner problems never even mention assisted chin-ups, they just assume you're good to go from the start. Am I broken? I can't imagine it taking any less than several months to work my way up to bodyweight.

PPL with core isolation

>Push
Bench 5x8
OHP 5x8
Weighted dips 5x8
Tricep pushdown 5x8

>Pull
Pendelay Rows 5x8
Widegrip pullups 5x5
Lat pull down 3x8
Curls 5x10
Shrugs 5x8

>Legs
Squats 5x5
Calf raises 5x15
Extensions 5x8
Curls 5x8

>Core
3xbridges
3x30 bicycle crunches

PPLPPLx with core on alternating days I used to alternate HIIT cardio too, but I got lazy.

r8 appreciated, sets are 3x6 for compounds, 3x15 for isolations

chest
-bench
-flies
-hammer press
-dips
-incline bench

back
-pendlay rows
-chinups
-curls
-lat pulldown
-one arm rows
-diff lat pulldown

legs&shoulders
-squats
-hamstring curls
-leg extensions
-sprints
-lateral raise
-face pulls
-diff lateral raise

PPL (ABCABCx)

Push A
Bench : 5x10
Incline Bench : 3x10
Lat Raises : 2x10

Pull A
Deadlift : (1x12, 1x10, 1x6, 1x6, 1x10)
Pendlay Rows : 5x10
Pulldowns : 3x10
Facepulls : 3x15

Legs A
Back Squat : 1x10, 5x5-7, 1x10
Romanian Deadlift : 3x10
Hanging Leg Raises : 3xF

Push B :
Press : 5x10
Bench Press : 3x10
Lateral Raises : 2x10

Pull B
TBar Rows : 5x10
Pulldowns : 3x10
Facepulls : 3x12-15

Legs B
Back Squat : 1x10, 5x5-7, 1x10
Leg Press : 3x15

Pull-ups are much harder because they mostly use your back, whereas chin-ups use your chest and biceps as well.
You should do chin-ups; you'll feel better about them and they'll help your pull-ups too.

Do not do them assisted, just do as many as you can for 3 sets. If you can't do any more full ones, do negatives (jump up, curl your legs, slowly let yourself down.

Don't feel bad, they're very hard. I can only do three pull-ups max before my body quits.

I will achieve Achilles from Troy. Is there anything I can do to improve this routine?

me or him?

I'm trying to put together a lanklet routine whenever my GI Bux rolls ion and I can afford membership but for now I just play SQUAD and do pull ups/push ups/air squats between games or the long ass respawn timers to stay somewhat active

I mean I just straight up can not do a pull-up, not even close. I'd have to start with the negatives right away.

Phraks GSLP with some accessories added each day, doing my first bulk after dropping the weight from fatass mode and making good gains so far

Shit, sorry, chin-ups, my bad.

For weeks I had the two mixed up for some reason.

Why all you faggots doing full body or PPL? 4 day splits are the best

Ten of everything I know how to do till I pretty much die then do five of the one heavier.

Then do negatives. The machine might not be bad either, but I don't know much about it.

Arnold style ppl.
Chest/back, shoulders/arms, legs

Stronglifts 5x5. Hoping to really up my lifts before gaining aesthetics. Any advice?

21 years old
150-160 lbs
6'0"

How is this ? I usually go 2 more reps than planned.

I figured assisted machines give you the same motion, so you get that benefit. Negatives might work different muscles and/or neural pathways

or whatever

As a natty it's most effective to hit each body part at least twice a week

Gzcl linear progression since 1 week like it so far

>6 reps of jumping rope
What is this?

>Deadlifting two workouts in a row
>arbitrary chest programming
Never gonna make it.

ups that wasn't supposed to go there.

Really bad, friend. Running for 30 minutes before doing squats then throwing in a random 1x8 deadlift and then a 1x8 1x10 tricep isolation.

Find a proven beginner program with everything laid out for you. Add cardio at the end or on off days. You're gonna make it one day, I can feel it.

Squats only won't be enough for legs. At least add leg curls and calf work.

Avoid cardio before lifting. I made this mistake before. I walked to the gym which was 30 minutes away (since didn't have a car at the time) and my lifts were very poor and barely made any gains. This guy explains it:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o&t=197s

>it works for me
But you're a skinnyfat shitskin manlet

Hey I have the same stats as you. Post body?

Texas Method: The Press™ version

>A
Squat 5x5 90% 5RM
Push Press 6x3 90% 3RM
Chinups 3xF
Conditioning

>B
Deadlift 5RM
Strict Press 2x5 SS Facepull 2x20
Front Squat 3x3
Back extensions 5x10

>C
Squat 5RM
Push Press 3RM
Pendlay Row 5x3
Conditioning

post lifts and new photo with better lighting

Deadlift and bench day:
Deadlifts
Bench
Deadlift accessory
Bench accessory
Isolation work if I got time (chest, shoulder or triceps)

Back building day:
Back excersises
Traps
Biceps
Forearms/grip

Squat and bench day:
Squat
Bench
Squat accessory
Bench accessory
Isolation work if I got time (chest, shoulder or triceps)

What's with only 1 set of deadlights in the Metallicadpa PPL routine, what's the theory behind it.

Oh and I usually do some rear delts on my back days. Thoughts faggots?

one day i do arms, chest and shoulders
the other day i do back including trap isolations
no rest days unless something important comes up
curls 4x10
db bench 5x8
lateral raises 4x12
bent over reverse flys 4x12
front raises 4x12

for back and legs i just do one isolation for legs, like high rep goblin squats or something
then trap bar deadlifts 2x8
trap bar shrugs 4x15
pull ups 4x10
neck curls 4x20
hanging leg raises 4x12

Im doing the pete plan for rowing.

Im on week 8.

On good workout #1 or #3 days i do accessory lifts from

global-rowing-service.com/html/specialized_strength_training_.html

Doing math in excel/ scale work i have been slowly losing weight and the bulk of my weight loss should be backloaded to when im rowing 10000m

Ive obtained slight definition(absolutely nothing to write home about), but when i get to the point im doing double what i started i will feel pretty good.

I think this is probably a good program because it teaches the correct outlook for fittness:completion of the exercise with strict compliance to form, not how much weight you put up

brosplit

I don't have a recent picture, I believe this one was 3 months ago. Started the program on the pics 1 month ago. I also lifts are 230 squat, 385 deadlift, 135 bench, 75 OHP
Thanks, will do

You don't wanna do squats then deadlift on consecutive days, and you're working the muscles you use for DL on pull and leg day regardless. Deadlift day is my favourite as it's a measurement of my overall progress.

Whys this? I'm running Stronglifts 5x5

4 day fullbody aka the way god intended
m/w/f/s

monday
squat 5x5
db incline bench 3x8
db row
tricep pushdown
curls

wednesday
deadlift 5x3
bench 5x5
weighted chinups

friday
squat 3x8
ohp 3x8
lat pulldown
reverse hypers
curls

saturday
bench 5x3
rdl 3x8
db row
facepull 5x15
curls

3-5x10-12 for accessories

taper off on volume while upping the intensity for main lifts each week and i test maxes every 6 weeks or so

Check out Stronglifts, you're half way there already. Or some people recommend Ice Cream Fitness as a good routine. Or the Stronglifts progressions, Madcow and Advanced.

Lol gotta fuck up that back

3x8 weighted dips
3x8 deadlift
3x8 weighted chinups
2x12 weighted crunches

3x week

Because fuck you I do what I want and it's working.

I'm not. I have my backday between my deadlift and squat sessions, or I'll have a rest day.

Same here. I'm gonna keep going for strength then finish Madcow w/ targetted work thrown in after wednesday and on a saturday for size. Then after that I'll probably do a PPL split.

if you wanna DL more just do it, don't neglect doing barbell rows though because they're great for your back, and don't neglect squatting cause squats are zen and mental gains

I'd actually add chinups and pullups, chinups first. I've had amazing lat/back gains from pullups.

Gym 3 times a week
-squats 3x5
-deadlifts 2x5
-push presses 3x5
-chinups 3x5
-farmer's walks 2 sets
Sometimes bench press instead of push press and sometimes Pendlay rows instead of chinups. Some accessories sometimes.

Running 2-3 times a week
-sprints
-200-600m intervals
-20 minutes jog

What? Was that meant for someone else?

Have to disagree with the chinups help pullups - they do slightly, but I only did chinups to start with and was repping 14/15 chinups but couldn't do a pullup. Do both, and get a resistance band to help you until you can do 4+.

Resistance bands are key. I did calisthenics for about a year before switching to the iron. £10 from amazon and you can start with it under your foot, then just put it under your knee before removing. Don't focus on numbers when you start pullups. Make them as slow as possible and deadhang at 90 degrees whenever you can't complete the last one. Crazy gains will be made.

Buy a resistance band.

post more black girls please

I would love feedback, my last program failed and iv just started this

I do a UL split, but i put back on L. I do ULx and just cycle it continuously so it doesnt fit neatly in a week but that doesnt matter to me. I make it so that it would focus on the main compounds plus a few extras to target my underdeveloped arms.

U
Bench 4x8
OHP 4x8
Pullups 4xf
(Weighted) Dips 4x8
Curl 5x10
Skull Crushers 4x8

L
Squat 4x8
Calf raises 5xf
Row 4x12
One arm row 4x8