So, now that the dust has settled...

Which is it, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/nS3sUeipV0Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OHP for bragging.
BNP for cannonball delts.

BNP ror SNAP CITY

Ohp fucks up your shoulder joints, please avoid doing it, focus on dumbbell orientated exercises only

BNP on Smith machine

BTN for spinal damage and snap city

OHP for developing delts

>removing half the effort by eliminating stabalizing muscles
>"smith machines for shoulders are great bro"
>t.

who gives a fuck

it's all about FRAME

>what are genetics
>what is isolation

Sperg

>start doing behind the neck press after years of lifting doing overhead press
>rotator cuff injury for the first time after 2 weeks
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

look at this user I saved from a while back, if he blasted some months of BTN press he'd have a good physique. BTN press is the epitome of medial delt development. NOTHING hits it harder, you can spend all day flapping your arms doing low weight lateral raises but you do dropsets on BTN and you shoulders will explode.

experiment with what grip width causes no pain

Does really BNP have so high injury risk? Seems like it isn't natural movement for shoulders. You don't press shit behind your head, but in front of it.

it is

I have mobile shoulders and it even started to bother my rotator cuffs after a while. At first they just gave me a great pump but after a while I started getting consistent soreness deep inside the shoulders, very bad sign so I cut them out cold turkey

you might be able to do them since some have slightly different shoulder mechanics, for me personally it isnt worth it. Try it and if you feel soreness inside your shoulder (so not the delt muscle) or feel any crunching or any other kind of discomfort stop doing them asap

I do both, but BHP with half the weight

No fucking shit

There's no real benefit in terms of EMG that justifies putting anywhere near maximal loads behind your fucking head in the MOST vulnerable shoulder position.

I bet standing dumbbell press activates your shoulders just as much.

BTN for shoulder impingement ganiz

>stabilizing muscles

ah I see we have an intellectual here

As a powerlifting, weightlifting, strongman or general gym bro strength enthusiast, there is literally not a single benefit in doing meme lifts.
Maybe, MAYBE there is some merit in BTN as a WL accessory but OHP takes still priority as a jerk "recovery" move and snatch balance or tall snatch drops are better snatch lockout drills

Is there any delt involvement with behind lat pull down?

you get some rear delt activation while you're retracting but otherwise no, the lateral and front delts grow from pushing exercises.

Both.

I haven't seen anyone who actually has a good physique claim BTN press is evil. Its always dyels.

Exact same as my uncle lol. Lifting for 20 years then gets a weird clicking and pain.

Is there anything other than bnp that would be a good delt exercise? I've been doing ohp, Arnold press, dumbbell shoulder press and sometimes flys.

lateral raises are absolutely necessary for large delts. Do a ton of them as much as you can, you'll see a huge improvement.

Just in general, I think I'm arching my back too much doing OHP because I'm getting some chest involvement as well. Any fixes or just drop 15-20% weight?

I'll look into that, I've done these I'm the past but couldn't decide whether to slightly bend at the elbow or keep arms straight. Any suggestions? Also I've seen it done sitting and standing, is either better than the other? Thanks

Falls under the same category as upright rows; might be good for shoulder development but risk of injury is too high

>BNP

RIP shoulder joints

I personally bend at the elbow and think of it as pulling at the elbow if that makes sense.

Sitting feels more difficult because you can't use any legs to do it, I like to mix it up and just do seated with light weight and then stand when I want to do heavier ones.

There was a time when I was doing lateral raises with a fifteen pounder between every set of every exercise, even today I have really nice delts but everything else is average haha.

dyels

Do this. Keep slight bend in the elbow, and try to let the weight go down as slowly as possible. Alternatively you could do this with cables aswell

literally the opposite.

Do behind back cable lateral raises, then you get maximum stretch

Enjoy injuring the joint you need for practically every upper body lift

Personally I made better gains in all areas of my shoulder with 2 months of BTN snatch presses than I did with a year of OHP

>he thinks you have to go for heavy RMs on all movements.
Enjoy doing 5 reps for everything and always looking awful.

Are you doing it with snatch grip or normal grip?

It's only dangerous if you do it wrongly just like anything

The biggest problem is that most guys don't have the mobility to do it safely

>he thinks using lower weight somehow justifies putting the shoulder joint in an unnatural position
Enjoy injuring the joint you need for practically every upper body lift

How is this dangerous? Olympic weightlifters do snatch grip behind the neck presses all the time with stupid heavy weight and their shoulders are healthy.

>Olympic weightlifters do snatch grip behind the neck presses all the time with stupid heavy weight
snatch grip push presses arent the same thing m8

>inb4 klokov
hes the only one

your shoulders will LITERALLY XPLODE

Klokov himself uses a very wide grip to minimize damages. Besides, you're not an Oly lifter.

Opposite idiot

Perhaps these people who get injured use narrow grip? Has anyone tried snatch grip and get injured?

Only if you do it wrong

>deadlift fucks up your back
>squats fucks up your back and your knees
>overhead press fucks up your shoulders
is this a new trend in Veeky Forums? what's the next exercise in the list that "fucks you up"?

YO that looks gay as shit. Just do them seated if you're too much of a mong to maintain form standing on your own

Bench fucks your shoulders, maybe your elbows too. A couple "pop" .webms are posted every now and then
Pullups cause shoulder impingement
Rows fuck your back too I guess
Going to the gym to do anything other than treadmill, yoga, bicep curls, cable pushdowns, pec dec and calf raises is practically buying an one way ticket to snap city

Arnold was trolling when he described the Arnold press. It's a nonsense movement.

didn't you see the new athlean-x video?

hooktube.com/nS3sUeipV0Q
Hooktube so he doesn't get any jewtube shekels

>treadmill fucks up your joints
>yoga causes muscle strains
>bicep curls cause bicep tear
>cable pushdown fuck up your shoulders
>pec dec same shit
>calf raises if you want to know hell on earth

BTN for virgins

OHP for chads

>taking advice from a jew nose pencil neck juicehead

This guy looks like shit because he has no lats

olympic weightlifters have years of experience and top notch mobility

you, on the other hand, will fuck your shoulders up

our bodies were not made to press behind the neck

THIS finally a person that understands

t. low beta dyel

(double checked)
Is there someone somewhere who's not using uBlock Origin or similar? Anyway, he's bretty good and detailed. He's yet another guy trying to sell you something but the infos he gives are pretty accurate. One could download the video, hardsub the vtt and upload relevant tranches here as well rather than resorting to meme leeching sites (which have their own set of downsides)

bench is even worse than BTN press

i do heavy ohp 3x5 two days/week as part of greyskull. what else should i be doing? can i hit delts all 3 days? if so, which exercises are best? ive heard lateral raises make delts explode but that's a fucking lie they havent done shit

bump

OHP for gains
BNP for Impingementville

The moment u starts ur fukin up sht, every person thats done sooner or later gets problems

1.B8
2.(you)

>Lateral raises aren't superior to BTN press
Only if you're doing 4x10s like most people. Try out a 10x20 3-4x a week and watch your delts explode

Keep a bend in the elbows and try to focus on starting the movement with your delts, it's helped me keep form in the later sets. I'd suggest standing, since you can get a better range of motion by keeping the DBs in front of you and you can add a little swing in for the last few reps when your arms feel like they're about to fall off. Other than that, the difference isn't really much at all.

post body and BTN/OHP weight

alright anons OP here
thread is now CLOSED. I just got out of bed to write this, as I am now feeling a blunt pain in my shoulder after going heavy on BTN press today. I've been doing it painfree for months too, how ironic. no more BTN press for me

AVOID BEHIND THE NECK PRESS IF YOU VALUE YOUR SHOULDERS
JUST GO SAFE AND STICK WITH OHP
PUSHPRESS TO OVERLOAD
PYRAMID SETS
1X3 FOR STRENGTH
10X20 LATERAL RAISES 3-4 TIMES A WEEK

you can't fuck up stationary bike
or can you?

>1497209934962.jpg
mate people should be doing both but only do bnp every once in a while, you can get away with that

here you go, feggets
everything pretty true up to the pyramid meme
just hit rear delts every day with every other variant of every other exercise, they ain't afraid of anything

>mate people should be doing
literally anything but BTN. It's even more pointless for the general populace.