What are you working on?
How was your last run?
Any new gear that you've been enjoying?

Other urls found in this thread:

runsmartproject.com/calculator/
uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt/why-low-carb-diets-suck.html
amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Performance/dp/0983490716
n(remove)cbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18466343
google.fr/search?q=Comparison of Low Fat and Low Carbohydrate Diets on Circulating Fatty Acid Composition and Markers of Inflammation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=gkCcWafgCOTR8gePu6KgDg
strava.com/clubs/fitizens
strava.com/upload/device
freefm.org.nz/programmes/vedic-wisdom
thomknoles.com/podcast/
mruns.com/podcast/
mruns.com/podcast/mr50/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This week I be mostly trying to have a light running week. Too hot, too humid so taking it easy. Though I know damn well the sun will set and I will head out later.

Currently chilling with about 9km in the bag.

7K yesterday
between plans just gathering KMs at the moment
Nice saw bunnies and dears
got some xbionic sweatbands that are supposed to help with the heat hard to tell if they are working since Im alot fitter than last summer but they manage my sweat fine and make me look sexy

runsmartproject.com/calculator/
also leaving thins hear post your vdot bros im a 47

8k this morning.
Trying to get faster.
Nice workout in city park.
No new gear. I wish I could get a bigger/better backpack to go check out longer trails.

Got a 41. Damn these numbers makin me feel slow.

51.9 using my 5k time.

>post your vdot

I got 28.6.

Whats a good vdot?

finished week one of C25K. feels good senpai

Only run once a week but they're long distances to increase my sprinting and skipping stamina.
So far I have run:

17km
20km

Plan on running:

24km
30km

Is this flawed? Am I going to get myself injured?

Also, how do you guys deal with black toenails?

make you feel slow?! Dammit it I had a nice speedy 4.2 miles in 33:21 and came out with a 39.6.
>1900
>86f
>85% humidity
>badworkman.dll

praying for speed when the weather finally breaks and it gets cold again.

it looks like it's higher the better I think.

>Whats a good vdot?
One that slowly get higher

Its really just a useful tool for getting reasonable target speeds for training

Ran 23 miles as the peak of upcoming marathon. It's going to be nothing but easy runs this week due to how exhausting it was running a 5k the night before and running in 90F heat the next day.

90F
>pic related

>Run on fat
Has anyone ever REALLY done that ?
Run on fat and ONLY fat ?

Also , is there a watch that would let me upload my shit to strava without ever using a phone ? Just the watch and the pc , nothing else .

kys fucking runfags

Yes. It's called being keto adapted. It's virtually better than running on carbs in every way. "The wall," ceases to be a cconcept - it doesn't exist on fat. You don't have to time your calories (carb-loading, eating during the race, etc). You recover faster, feel less sore, etc. About the only thing I'm not sold on is when you push your VO2 max beyond 70-80% - do carbs have the edge there?? Anyone know?

I've read the art of low carbo performance too but i've never reall seen anyone online really perform wells on a HFLC diet , it seems like total bullshit .

and the art of low crabo perf was just a big adds for Vespa supplement and Superstarch supplement .

If I recall correctly, garmin has a strava "app" that you can download. So it should work automatically once you sync to your pc.
On the other hand, you can just link garmin connect to strava.

and all of the "low carb" "athlete" on vespa website aren't even fucking low carbs during training or race time . Running on fat even for ultra is just a huge Israeli trick .
Thanks , I thought you had to posses a phone .

uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt/why-low-carb-diets-suck.html Found this fucking well of truth debunking that shitstain of diet that is keto .

“How long does it take to ‘fat adapt’? Apparently, always one week longer than the study proving it sabotages endurance fitness.”

It's like 3 weeks give or take

Some garmin watches (fenix3, fenix5, forerunner I think) can upload though wifi.

it's just a quote from someone who run , compared to all the ketard who shills their diet as "good" for endurance sports .

Before long runs (+10 miles) do you eat beforehand?

Hmmm , if you had a big crabo meals in the last 4 hours I don't think you really need it .

I got a small cut on the sole of my feet below my big toe.
Only a quarter of a inch but it always splits open whenever I move around even with just walking.

The pain is numbed whenever I run but it's a little painful whenever I'm doing any normal activities. How long does this usually take to heal?

Here's what I took away from that hit piece:

-Like I mentioned in an earlier post, a keto diet may not be the best thing for very high VO2 performance. Carbs probably win here. For everything else, fat has big advantages - no wall, little emphasis needed for nutrient timing, no sugar crash, etc.
-After switching to a high fat diet, ultra marathon walkers saw no statistically significant decrease in performance. Couple that with the other benefits of burning fat for fuel - less inflammation, less free radicals, quicker recovery, etc. and burning fat for fuel seems like a great choice for many individuals.

Man , a training block decreased their performance by 1% ( or round it down to 0 and say it did nothing ) Compared to a 5% increase , how can you say it's nothing ?

and that's only in race walking , for any other sports it's a straight downgrade .

And that was just a 10K ( longest official race walk go up to 50k) , even at 65% Vo2Max you still burns lots of carbs in the background , there is no way to not hit a wall if you don't fuel carbs , there is no proof beside some made up shit by phinney & volek.

And in any healthy not diabetic not obese person the role of blood sugar on free radical formation and glycation is very small , this is only a factor in ill diseased people .

And the quicker recovery ( if it's here at all ) is only due to the fact that they are unable to train as hard ,
Offcourse a week-end jogger jogging at 9 km/h will have an easier time recovering from a 5k compared to someone doing it at 22 km/h

>And in any healthy not diabetic not obese person the role of blood sugar on free radical formation and glycation is very small , this is only a factor in ill diseased people .

In the US, the amount of people who are obese and diseased is over 50%. So 150 million people could see huge benefit in becoming keto adapted. That or continue drinking down sugary chronic illness water and simple carbs.

How about just stoping drinker the sugary shit and keeping on eating real carby foods ( like fruits , legumes , not processed grains ) ?
Wouldn't it be better than the diet that require you to eat more fat ? ( Yes it's not the demon we once thought it was but it's not healthy in huge amount )

>And the quicker recovery ( if it's here at all ) is only due to the fact that they are unable to train as hard ,

That couldn't be further from the truth.

For all the carb addicted naysayers in this thread, read this book and then let's talk:

amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Performance/dp/0983490716

Fat and unealthy people should just go on a low calories low fad diet , eat from every group in moderation and only pick the best from it , cucking yourself from 3 food groups with one of them being the second healthiest and replacing all of this with a lot food from one of the 2 unhealthiest is not a good idea .

What if it is 90F+ on race day? I'm prepared for any conditions at this point, even down pours since I ran several long runs in it.

h
I have the book just in front of me brusky ,
-Ketogenic diet and oxidative Stress
" Decrease mitochondrial ROS production [32] and increase antioxident defense [33]
Let's see those 32 and 33
http:(remove)//onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-4159.2008.05460.x/full

n(remove)cbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18466343
2 Study observing only rat's brain

" A Low carb diet reduce level of systemic inflammation [23]"
[23)
"Overweight men and women with atherogenic dyslipidemia consumed ad libitum diets very low in carbohydrate or low in fat.
Nice , absolutely no control on the quality of the food or anything , and one of the book's author was part of the one doing the study , conclusion not matching the result , classic good science . And all of this shit is about inflamation in obese sedentary fuckers , then in the Ros Versus HUFA parts they extrapolate that it apply to exercise induced ROS with no proof , and the next paragraph supposed to shill the effect of keto on HUFA protection contain no studies .
Again , this book is just an add for Vespa and superstarch .

didn't let me post this one idk why , this is study 23 google.fr/search?q=Comparison of Low Fat and Low Carbohydrate Diets on Circulating Fatty Acid Composition and Markers of Inflammation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=gkCcWafgCOTR8gePu6KgDg

"Fat adaptation" doesn't exist, it's just marketing language for being out of shape. Athletic performance is linearly related to the amount of available carbohydrate, stored and in the blood, and the degree to which your cells are adapted to glucose utilization. Fewer carbs = earlier subjective exhaustion + lower performance.

The notion that carbs are only relevant for "very high VO2 performance" just reveals a complete lack of understanding of exercise physiology and cell metabolism in general.

What's more, refined sugar (sucrose) at the right time improves performance ~10% over starch or glucose polymers

Volek and Phinney are/were funded by every branch of the animal agriculture industry and also work(ed) for Atkins Nutritionals, on top of selling low-carb snake oil. Enjoy your scam.

Just had a 24 minute solo 5k, what can I do to get sub 20?
I could have probably gotten a 23.5 if it wasn't so goddamn humid and windy today.

Hey /run/ bros, i just finished a C25K program and im more interested in increasing pace than i am distance. I did most of my running on a treadmill at a 6mph pace. What's a good routine to slowly increase pace while running no more than 30ish minutes at a time?

Is HFLC the biggest meme of the fitness industry ?

>strava.com/clubs/fitizens

Do i really need premium strava account to automatically sync garmin to strava? I wanted to join you friends, but greedy cunts won't let me.

Increase distance once per week
Speed drills (hill repeats, tempos, or intervals) once a week
One or two slow easy days for 30 minutes.

Do 800m intervals, and one slower 10-15k run per week

You don't. Just go here
strava.com/upload/device

Sprint 800m, jog 800m, repeat for 30 minutes?

I usually do only 400m jog, just enough for your heart rate to go down, and do 4-5 repeats.

>tfw half marathon PR

What is Vespa?

A cardio supplement to help you become a better fat burner . Literally snake oil .
And a third of The book is about "low carb athlete" who tells us how good Vespa is .

Vdot is 69.7, based on my 14:59 5k. Keep up the hard work bros!

>How far have you run this week?
27 miles starting from Monday.
>What are you working on?
College Freshman hopefully on my team's top 5. We're working to place top 10 (at least) at D2 Nationals in XC.
>How was your last run?
Pretty nice, pic related was the Medium Long Run we did this morning.
>Any new gear that you've been enjoying?
I've been enjoying the Saucony Kinvara 8s desu.

Just a bagel or two about 2 hours prior. A light meal of porridge and a banana also works.

Completed my first marathon over the weekend. It took 4 hours and 13 minutes give or take a few seconds.

The furthest and longest I had ever run before was a half marathon which took 1 hour and 55 minutes.

The first of many to come I hope.

Vitamin A, Vitamin E, B12 complex and Vitamin K deficiency.

Thank me internally, and always.

Mirin

Thanks lad

Thanks, I should have read that fully before complaining. It works, just had to make a new run for it to start syncing.

I got some lower back tension from running, what do? Just got back into it, I also got a 5 pl8 diddy.

tight leg muscles. stretch your glutes.

I'll try that thanks.

Over here:
and here:
we have threads about listening to stuff while working out.

>be me
>freefm.org.nz/programmes/vedic-wisdom
>thomknoles.com/podcast/
>mruns.com/podcast/

What do you listen to while on the run?

I can't into music MOST runs because I need to run to my own internal rhythm and not the rhythm of music (though to be fair last night was Bhangra powered and nice and fast!)

Why would you go into a marathon without running at least 30k beforehand

Is running with wrist weights a good idea? I've been running with 2lb wrist weights and I feel like the extra effort is making me burn blops of calories as well as working out my muscles.

>podcast
>fat
>diet
mruns.com/podcast/mr50/

>In this episode, I talked with an acclaimed endurance sports coach, nutritionist, and author – Matt Fitzgerald about his recent book “The Endurance Diet – 5 Core Habits” as well as Do’s and Don’ts of endurance diet/nutrition.

In general is not advised to do that, but 2lb on the wrists doesn't seem that much. So I'd say go for it

>tfw no qts on my strava flybys

Whats even the point anymore?

I got this today. Not pleased.

>51.9 using my 5k time.
51, was 52 last week... maybe I've been lazy?

>90F
97, gave up...

I pulled a 16km. Took my sweet time doing it.
> 1:39:08 Moving
>9:51/mi

under these conditions
but I ducking did it. Going to die now.

>ducking
>pic

I run 1.3 miles to the gym each day. Is it bad for my gains, and if it is, is it still worth it for the cardio?

I seriously doubt 1.3 miles is worth it for the cardio.

I would consider it a warm-up before the workout.

>1.3 miles
>cardio
That's not even a warm up on my strength training days. If you consider running back and forth for a total of 2.6 miles cardio, then you need to be doing less weights and more of whatever your cardio exercise of choice is.

Skipped Monday and Tuesday this week. Might have to skip today's run as well. Why even live

running is love. running is life.

>therapy: $90/hr
>decent pair of running: $90, lasts for 300 miles
Assuming 6 mph, thats 50 hours of running. Though that does not take into account any other additional costs such as gels or other fuel if you need them for longer runs. But if you only do up to 13 miles for one run, you won't need them anyway.

So, in conclusion, it is cheaper. Take that, therapists.

My last pair of shoes lasted for more than 600 miles

My Supernova Glide 7 Boosts lasted almost 800 miles, beast shoes, sad to them go desu

I smashed my big toe up at work, and can't run for a while. The doctor said I should be able to use an elliptical in a week or so.

Does anyone have any tips for using ellipticals? Will I have to crank it up to full resistance to get any benefit, or can I just treat it like normal running?

what does vdot mean? pls explain abvious newfig (to running) here.

I can run pretty fast I guess, but not for a long time. So i try to work on that at the moment, going for 7km this evening

>decent
I did not say superb or excellent.

>19 weeks of consistent training
>had to take last week off due to sickness
my training log was so beautiful

>tfw i can't even keep 2 weeks of consistent training.

Start again where it's supposed to be, just lower your pace. When I trained for my first marathon, I got over-zealous and got injured. I took two weeks off and did just fine ny just slowing my pace down.

Finished a few half-marathons and always had so much energy left over. Obviously they weren't challenging enough.

Anyone need a running buddy in NYC?

No poor people please

are you a qt anime girl?

Current Half PR.

Hoping for a 5:00 pace Marathon in October, even though I've only done 1 marathon before.

My half PR is 1:39 and I'm also hoping for a 5:00 pace marathon. This post is shattering my confidence.

You can do it. Marathon is more about endurance than the half.

Something like this doesn't help ones confidence though

No I'm a god damn hunk

What's the best after-run stretching routine?

I never stretch.

But I do yoga.

Hit the longest distance I've ever run withouy stopping Monday. It was onlu 2.25 miles but it felt good to progress.

Quad stretch, gracilis stretch, adductor stretch, ITB stretch, calf stretch (multiple angles) hamstring stretch, glute stretch, hip flexor stretch, ankle flexion stretch

>inb4 nobody actually does all that

Wait till your first injury in a year or two young grasshopper