So these studies say

So these studies say

>Short-term fasting (**basically 12-24 hours**) increased the GnRH-elicited LH response by 67% in the non-obese group (LH incremental areas 2147 +/- 304 vs 3581 +/- 256, p less than 0.01), and the corresponding testosterone response by 180% (testosterone incremental areas 111 +/- 61 vs 311 +/- 49 micrograms.l-1.min-1, p less than 0.01). [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/?page=6]

and

> after 15-24 hours of consuming no calories, growth hormone levels were elevated 2000% from the baseline.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting.]

Anyone here try this?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting.]
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/07/12/bjsports-2017-097792
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>> after 15-24 hours of consuming no calories, growth hormone levels were elevated 2000% from the baseline.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting.]
> in obese men

what was your goal in creating this thread?

I mean .. no it's anybody who fasts.

This is the response to fasting.

The point you're trying to make is like saying

> Fire creates heat

> Pshh .. only balsa wood tho.

>Short-term fasting increased the GnRH-elicited LH response by 67% in the non-obese group (LH incremental areas 2147 +/- 304 vs 3581 +/- 256, p less than 0.01), and the corresponding testosterone response by 180%
>non-obese group

short term spikes doesnt do anything. Increasing your natural testosterone levels doesnt do much, if any at all.
Growth hormone isnt good for building muscle.

bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/07/12/bjsports-2017-097792

Actually if you read the fucking scientific study you will find out that in obese men, fasting:

>"failed to affect the corresponding testosterone incremental area."

i remember making a similar thread not too long ago and i think someone said that a regular diet is better and the body increases that shit to negate the negative effects of not having enough food. but do what you want

yeah i dont oppose that, but the second one is non applicable.

What's wrong with our guy Murphy's face. Looks like an emoji

The hormonal response could simply be a response to stress, which obese and sedentary people arent exposed to. But people who lift are.
Which is why its important to use people who lift in studies to apply it to lifting/strength/muscle growth.

So if I'me obese I should fast for 24 hours, lift and recover with 2000% hgh, then eat, then repeat and become 600lbs at 24% bfat then slim down to 12% for a lean 456lb of humanity ascending monster?

So if you increase your bank account by 2000% and now have $20, are you rich?

Ok, you quoted a paragraph about growth hormone.

So .. yeah .. nothing to do with testosterone

No, it's a hormonal response to fasting.

This is physiology 101.

The mistake is assuming an increase in GH has any real effect on muscle gain .. it doesn't.

The GH is a response to prevent excessive catabolism in fasted individuals.

Again .. physiology 101.

i dont follow, your post says one thing but the study you linked says higher free test levels = "significant competitive advantage"

Dude are you having an Aneurysm or are you a downright goofball that can't read

Yes, its a response of fasting, but the fact that fasting cause stress could be a part of it. And the response of a sedentary person is different than a trained individual in many different cases that cause stress.
So an obese person could get 2000% increase, but that doesnt mean a trained individual will.

Glad I could help you understand.

Jesus, just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

yeah, in women. And a portion of women(who have PCOS) produce 30% more testosterone than other women.

But that wasnt the case in men.

Im 19.99 dollars richer

IF is a meme just like all meme diets. They may have some clinical applications but in a healthy male a balanced diet is the best diet.