Do SS for 8 month

>do SS for 8 month
>eat like a beast. strength gains like crazy
>hit 1/2/3/4
but
>now im t-rex mode with a gut

SS is an EXCELLENT program for strength gains, but it definitely won't make you look the best
Want to switch to a more aesthetics based program. What does Veeky Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is this, 2014?

Do the same routine but cut

Did you miss the chapter at the end of the book with accessory exercises you could've added to prevent this?

Oh wait you didn't read it.

C'mon, if you eat like a retard any non-brosplit routine is going to increase your strength
The real question is if you can keep onto that strength while cutting

This
He probably didn't read the book

28 free programs:
Bench 3x
Squat 2x
DL 2x
Add on top:
50pullups.com progression

YEEEHAAAW WE GOT A LIVE ONE BOYS
HE FELL FOR THE SS MEME

You can't do SS on a cut retard

In fact you can't do SS if you don't eat at leaste 3500 calories a day, and you should eat 6000 calories if you're a tall skinny guy

t. rippetoe himself

How the fuck can be possible to eat 6000 calories a day lifting like 3 hours a week and not ending up putting on A LOT of fat ?

>end of the book with accessory exercises you could've added to prevent this?

I read that the only reason to do accessories is to increase your main lifts. Not as a way of sculpting the body.

It's not a meme if op gained as much strength as he said

I started doing assistance lifts around month 4

OP here. I gained about 60 lbs 45 of which was lean mass when I got bf tested at the doctor. I ate as clean as I could on a 4000-5000 cal a day diet

>Exercise only 3 times a week
>Every workout is leg day
>Eat like a lardass
>Barely any core workout
>Barely any upperbody workout
>Wonder why you look like a t-rex

At least you got tits now.

How do I ascend into cow mode?

barely any core work??? You squat and deadlift every workout! Keep doing crunches and leg raises kid

It is impossible for the adult human male to make strength gains without eating at least 4000 kcal per day. Any sort of excercise is moot if you don't eat a minimum of 5000 kcal daily to allow muscle growth. If any program you read recommends a 6000 kcal or lower diet, it's 100% bullshit, I can tell you that. So if you want to make any kind of measurable progress, make sure to consume more than 7000 kcal a day. You have to eat big to get big, and anything below 8000 kcal is not "big". I know what I'm talking about. So don't tell me you had "massive gains" while eating less than 9000 kcal per day at the same time, I know you are lying.
Just listen to me and try to hit that 10000 kcal mark every day. Otherwise, don't even bother lifting.

Does SS not include arm day?

obvious bait is obvious
But whatever, in the later stages the program adds assistance lifts, the arm lifts include chinups and later on barbell curls. So no, arms are NOT neglected in SS like everyone thinks. OP probably just didn't do them

God damn, even the hamburger would be horrible.

Good cow. Mirin that huge dick

>I gained 45 lbs of LEAN mass in 8 months

No you didn't.

>dick
>on a cow
Do you even know how cows work? That's an udder lmao I can't stop keking at this retarded post

I had done SS for 8 months but have been lifting and trying to gain weight for a year and a half. Not all gains were made in that 8 months

>I gained about 60 lbs 45 of which was lean mass when I got bf tested at the doctor
A huge fucking lie

See

>dick
nigga that's an udder lol

kek you stupid

Nobody does Starting Strengthâ„¢ for aesthetics.
They do "Starting Strength" with accessories instead, which is better depending on how you go at it.
Am I right or wrong?

You're right. SS is not a bodybuilding program. It's for gaining as much strength as fast as possible
The ancillary lifts aren't for aesthetics either. They're assistance exercises and replacement lifts on days where you need to recover from last session later on in the program as weight gets heavier

Remember the 6 gazillion calories

>started back up again lifting like 6 months ago
>tfw currently somewhere around 1/2/1.5/4
I just cant handle squats man... hopefully it will suddenly just completely unlock and gains start shooting up...

do more arm/upper body acessories
Whats hard to grasp

Cow (bull)

Done SS for 14 months, not hugely stronk nor fat

how hard is it to add some assistance work that would not detriment your workouts whatsoever

dickhead

>does a program called starting STRENGTH and expects bodybuilding results

Wrong. Read this. Rippetoe clarifies that only spooks like you make that strawman argument.

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf

>gains weight
>expects to look good
are you retarded?
just do a cut after SS and you'll look much better

A shit ton of calisthenics. 4 months into SS I realized that despite the strength gains I was getting a gut so I switched over to a routine primarily based on calisthenics with some weights and I'm making crazy aesthetics gains.

it's a bull you fucking idiot

How you train really does not matter as far as how you look Tbh

Genetics > (drugs) > diet > training

How the fuck does performing compound lifts for 3 sets of 5 give you a gut? You just fucking ate too much.
...unless you're talking about GOMAD, which is for 130lb lanklets only.

If you eat more than your body burns to live you put on mass, how hard is that to understand? Don't eat like a pig unless you want to look like one.

>I gained about 60 lbs 45 of which was lean mass

You'd be actually really fucking surprised what your actual lbm is. I'd say if you're lucky in 8 months you got 15 pounds lbm, 20 if God tier genetics. But you'll lose 5-10lbs of it cutting back down to a healthy weight. You're gonna end up cycling through 110 pounds of weight for ~10 pounds of net muscle gains when you're done and take twice as long to see results instead of just doing a solid one year clean bulk and looking a million times better in half the time. You're retarded.

Male Cattle are called bulls, they have the dick, female Cattle are called cows, you retard.

>>now im t-rex with a gut

>SS is an EXCELLENT program for strength gains, but it definitely won't make you look the best

Exactly. What the fuck else where you expecting?

Restart at 5x7

McRippetoe's when?

Yet another idiot who did the "routine" without reading the material. If you actually read the material and did the routine properly along with proper nutrition you would'nt be a t-Rex.
>inb4 someone post that one dude
He looked that way because their entire point was to put as much weight on him and the bar as possible and not worry about anything else.

No one ever reads it. That's why so many bash the program because they're not actually doing it correctly

doesn't the book recommend accessories after the beginner stage? like 6 months after?

Yes. That's where the chinups, back extensions, curls, dips, triceps extensions, RDLs, etc come in. More are added the heavier the 4 big lifts and Power Cleans become

I don't have that much Idea about Rippetoes book, but didn't he said that you should do curls as well to prevent this "t-rex" mode?

Looks like this is the problem. He recommends accessories past the beginner stage, but if you are already in a surplus + SS for 6 months, you probably achieved T-Rex mode, and now you need at least 3 months of SS + Accessories to reach "normal" mode.
Maybe, if the objective was aesthetics he should have recommended beginners to add 2 or 3 accessories a week even in the beginner stage.
Obviously, there's no much point in doing that when the book is about Strength and not aesthetics.

He says do chinups for 3 sets to failure but if you can only do like 2 or 3 chinups do curls until you graduate to chinups

The curls aren't for looks, theyre done as an accessory to the deadlift to make the bottom of the pull better

AGAIN, SEE