How autistic will I look if I bring microplates to the gym for OHP?

How autistic will I look if I bring microplates to the gym for OHP?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marikana_killings
youtu.be/ImqAVon92VM?t=1m22s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not going to a gym that has micro plates
ngmi

this same exact thread was posted a week ago, and to answer your question, nobody will give a fuck

i will and i think your a faggot

>caring about what others do at the gym
confirmed not gonna make it

10/10 retarded

i actually had the same fear OP. i brought in my own microplates and when i was finished using them, i racked them with the gym plates so people think the gym just bought them. i've seen other people using them lately.
>tfw unironically donated microplates to my shitty little gym

First time I seen a guy with them I was like wtf who would bring their own plates to the gym, I didn't even care that they were light.

Just use more clippers, put like 3 on each side.

i thought the aim here was to not look autistic

i've seen this exact same thread at least 7 times this year

I own my own micro plates for overloading if I can't get the 5-10lb jump.

P normal desu.

You look autistic anyway

But most people will look perfectly normal

ive been using them for months

occasionally people will look at them but it's nothing more than "ive never seen those plates before" thinking

why are you so worried lol

Because he's autistic

we lift heavy weights till our bodies change

who cares

>PRing 137.265lbs

I would think you were extremely autistic.

underrated

If you can't add 5 lbs then you need to be able to do more reps with whatever weight you're using

Though you're autistic, the gym gods have smiled upon your for your donation and will bistow gainz upon you.

they're a godsend for OHP tho

there are only 3 reasons to notice a rando in the gym
they are doing something dangerous
they are using equipment you want to
you are mirin

no one but insecure autists would notice your microplates in a bad way

I understand but he must be working with such a small rep range if he can't add 5 lbs. I don't see the point

What are those, tigers? Fuck this world, they're already endangered.

you have to at my gym. the fucking retards don't own any plates below 5kg. I hope each lift you do increases by 10kg each time lmao

they should stop going into human territory then

Those are niggers, not tigers you blind fuck.

here's the link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marikana_killings

I would say if you aren't at least intermediate on lifts, I don't see why you'd need them, but if you feel they work better with your training, they are a perfectly viable way to overload.

Personally you'd have to be doing some seriously stupid shit before I'd care enough to mention it at the gym, so I'd probably just notice you were using them if I looked and not give a shit after about 5 seconds, I can't speak for normal people but I'm pretty sure nobody would give a fuck.

I go to the ymca around the corner from me and we bring in stuff and just leave it there for other people to use as well all the time. It's a really cool group of guys in there. We've got ropes and bands and other stuff that guys will bring in that the gym doesn't have. It's awesome

lol no

>0.5 kg
anything lower than 1.25 kg is literally a scam

>Personally you'd have to be doing some seriously stupid shit before I'd care enough to mention it at the gym, so I'd probably just notice you were using them if I looked and not give a shit after about 5 seconds, I can't speak for normal people but I'm pretty sure nobody would give a fuck.
i second this notion

not one of the guys who mistook those miners for tigers, but the resolutions is so piss poor I had to reverse up to the source to see more than one human
youtu.be/ImqAVon92VM?t=1m22s
from that godawful webm itself I can only see something that resembles a man and what seems a fuckton of enraged quadrupeds

Just put a single 2.5lb on one side and shift your grip a hair.

>I would say if you aren't at least intermediate on lifts, I don't see why you'd need them, but if you feel they work better with your training, they are a perfectly viable way to overload.

A lot of LP strength programs require jumps of 2 and 5 lbs. Especially during OHP, where a jump from regular commercial plates would be 5lbs, that's a lot.

Real men get 0.25kg, microloading is the shit.

just add a couple of clips
here's a little better

oops, forgot to attach file

What kind of gym doesn't gave 0.5 plates?

Jesus, I thought it was a stampede of wildebeest or some shit with a couple of people caught in the crossfire.

Heres a pro tip: nobody gives a fuck about what other people are doing. What would you think if someone came in with small plates? Exactly

A sequel, finally!

Doesn't your gym has adjustable dumbbells? Take plates from them.

OP, while you are afraid to use some microplates, the normies are busy inventing the most ridiculous exercises.

What do you think when somebody abuses the squat rack for some stupid bullshit? You might be slightly amused or annoyed if you want to use it. But in most cases you simply don't care.

You haren't harming anyone with your shitty plates so why would anyone care? At best they would think that you are serious and passionate about what you are doing. How could this be a bad thing?

I couldnt get micro plates anywhere for my home gym, so I use gears from an old john deer. each weigh 100g, so i now have very fine control on my loading.

Yes, but why do you care what people think?

Minimum increment for each side is 2.5kg, why would anyone use microplates? That's not how you gain muscle for fuck sake.

It's mainly psychological. Even a single pound more is still progress; that might be just the thing to break through a plateau.

They don't have any knowledge about training other than SS so they try to run it forever.

>Minimum increment for each side is 2.5kg

source

>lifting 51kg is the same as lifting 52kg with the same reps and sets

Fuck off.

Wanna know what i've learned about the OHP?
Microplates aren't worth the hassle unless you're still doing linear progress.

The key to building the OHP is pounding away in blocks of singles, doubles and triples, then doing back off sets of 5-8 if you want some more volume. Seriously, the next time you're gonna do "OHP 5x5 or 3x5" try doing whatever weight you wanna do for 3x3 + 2x8 instead (or 10x1, 5x2).

>TL;DR
You won't look autistic but it's not worth it imo, change programming for OHP instead

greyskull lp prescribes microplate increases on upper body lifts (bench, ohp) because eventually 5lb increases will stop, especially with ohp

>The key to building the OHP ...

Or, you know, another progressive overload technique, such as lifting heavier weight...

why the hell are they fucking charging into a firing line?

do they think its zulu shit or something?

I don't follow; do you have an argument or was that just autistic way of agreeing?

In any case, using them as a psychological boost is valid: if you're constantly failing at 2,5kg increment, try 1kg or even 0,5kg. You won't probably even notice it with those weights you know it's there. After that 2,5kg might not seem so intimidating.

If you're plateauing at 51kg in any lift you have problems microplates won't fix.

My gym has only 2,5kg plates, good luck adding 5kg to your ohp at once you go over 1 pl8.

>Microplates aren't worth the hassle unless you're still doing linear progress.
which fits under doing greyskull lp...

>Or, you know, another progressive overload technique, such as lifting heavier weight...
my point is that i personally don't think microplates are worth the hassle

logic: technique suffers alot on OHP when you go above 3+ reps, just like in front squats or power cleans. Not saying 3+ reps can't be done or shouldn't be done, just that I do not find it as productive

Somewhere between 0/10 and 10/10

>tigers
>south-africa
pfff, moron

If you can't manage the 2.5 kg jump but you can get there with smaller jumps, why not? It's against the rules? don't be autistic.

>logic: technique suffers alot on OHP when you go above 3+ reps,

why would it matter if you can perform the movement without cheating? sure, there is an injury risk, but then why are you doing ohp or any heavy compound movement then

this

until you plateau on them as well
they're useless, just deload and amrap, or periodize

I have a pair of 1.25 and. 5lb plates. I also bring my own collars. Fuck every one in the gym, who cares?

>5kg increments for OHP

>his gym doesn't have microplates

Yes, actually.

I bring my own microplates and weighted chinup belt and no one gives a fuck, nor would I care if they did

Because the quality of your reps is the most important factor for strength and size.