Is it me or are these posture guides bullshit?

Is it me or are these posture guides bullshit?

They always tell you shit like

>do 30 seconds plank to strengthen the core so you can sit up straight

Bitch I can deadlift 400 pounds and I still find it unnatural to sit up straight.

How do you actually fix posture? No cosmo magazine tier advice please.

Other urls found in this thread:

nadachair.eu/
youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwTjR7p-AU
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6187080.stm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No expert, but habits, I guess.

because they are wrong, don't sit up straight, recline to 120 degrees

I want to fix this

It seems to me that it's 100% genetics, i.e. the curvature of your spine. Some people can sit with their back at 90 degrees no problem, while others have to consciously think about it. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with muscle.

get this thing. i spend a fuckton of time on the computer and it definitely helps

nadachair.eu/

it's 50% having the right chair and 50% remembering to adjust yourself once in a while.

having a shit chair guarantees shit posture

Adjustable desk height helps a lot. Either with a crank or motor. Find a height that makes you sit straight, and a few times a day you can crank it all the way up and stand for half an hour or so.

How do you actually fix your back though so it's straight?

might try to make this myself

I found that after doing this exercise youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs sitting with proper posture felt like the most natural thing in the world

How often and how long do you have to do this before it starts working?

Apparently op has never done the chad lounge, which is proven to be the superior sitting postition.

I personally would prefer if I could rig my screen to my wall and have my keyboard and mouse magnetically stuck to a section of table that rotates up and down.

Some vesa mounts and some 2x4s are your solutions.

I do the chad lounge but work at a very corporate commercial real estate job and I think it makes me look bad. Way more comfortable though.

weighted hyperextensions, leg lifts.

tightens lower back AND core, never slouch again unless you're a lazy turd.

I felt the effects after the first time I did it
Now I do it any time I expect to be sitting for a long period of time

The only way you're going to be comfortable for long periods is a mega autismo bed PC setup. It was by far the most comfy setup I had but it's not healthy to be like this. Your spine needs you to be upright and preferably moving throughout the day.

Remember to remain Rigin n' Frigid

Holy shit

almost spit out my drink

100 percent this. Sitting straight is a fucking meme.

>2017
>sitting
top kek
standing desk masterrace reporting in

this nigga just changed the game

are you really just standing there right now?

you deadlift for a handful of reps dummy. posture is something you have to consciously control all the time at least in the beginning until it becomes a habit.

This shit works.
Right away. It's really noticeable after a few weeks. It's just not comfortable to slouch anymore.

>standing
Enjoy your all the problems from standing with the side effects of sitting disease.
Treadmill desk uber alles

>doesn't have his monitor connected to a pl8
>isn't doing hip thrusts every time he's on the computer
R u really gunna make it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwTjR7p-AU
Disregard all other posts; this is all you need

I thought leaning forward but keeping back straight was correct.

looking slightly down is better for your eyes, something to do with eye dryness

More comfortable to slouch because you're used to it. Download a web browser extension that reminds you ever 5/10/15 whatever minutes to sit up straight. Sit up straight consistently for a week or more and it'll be uncomfy to slouch.

its habits. Hes right.
Posture is 100% habits unless your born with scoliosis.

Not everyone will look normal with a "perfect posture" some will look ridiculous. YOu can straighten you posture a bit, but when it comes to sitting the most important part is to change ositions, frequently. Not to sit in this straight back position. It will only give you back pain.

Learn howi it feels to be in a better position then maintain that throughout the day. Do it for some weeks and it will become more and more natural. Dont aim for the perfect posture, everyone will be a little different.

The thumb forward test is bullshit. You can have more rotation in your forearms which would yield different results.And people who dont lift at all can have the same posture without having any pecs at all.

and his exercises doesnt really matter, just train your back and practise decent posture. It doesnt matter if you spend an hour a day in the gym trying to correct if you spend the other 23 fucking it up. And thats why lifting, by itself, isnt the best solution.

You literally just sit up straight often enough then you will get used to it.,
The planks are just because some weak bitches get a sore back from sitting up straight because they are too weak to support their own body.
what?

>same posture without having pecs
Sitting slumped forward gets the. The body used to being in that position and the muscles become short and tight...

Dont have to worry about sitting posture if you stop sitting so much.

treadmill desks are shit having your arms up using a kbm while walking is horrible for your back. they may be ok to use temporarily to break up the monotony of sitting.

what's the Starting Strength of posture gains?
I need to get my shit together and start looking like a healthy human
tell me what to read or where to start

this is actually fucking legit advice. Stop sitting so much. Walk around much more, jump, climb trees, fucking act like a monkey, fuck girls in all sorts of postures. It will fix itself.
And if you have to sit, make it a priority to get up as often as possible for at least 5-10 minutes.

t. someone working an office job.

It's a victorian meme

it's not about healthy posture, it's about looking "proper", it's just a holdover from victorian times.

>Want to fix posture
>Not doing a resting squat

this made me laugh damn hard and its true too

There are these chairs at my school that basically have things like these in the lower back section. Best sit of my life

Practice and Yoga. I tried Yoga once and just the way that it focuses on breathing and your postures effect on it, it became a lot easier to maintain good posture.

Kek growing up in middle class White town this sounds true.

Any good videos to start?

Both postures in the pic are bad.
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6187080.stm

>superior sitting position
is that actually true?

how do you not end up with forward head posture?

pretend there's a magnet between your shoulder blades pulling them together friend.

>open thread
>get nervous about posture
>realise my slight scoliosis actually makes me a chad

Damn it feels good to be a gangster

yep