Powerlifting is fucking gay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2cOjfJFW4_A
instagram.com/p/BF1Ir9ci8GZ/?taken-by=amacnicol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not as gay as your face

>reposting from previous thread

Lifting on a Friday night as we speak.

For a fat fuck that can't do a single chin up, I've been using the lat pull down machine and increasing weights. The plan is to slowly match my very own 100kg.

Is this comparable and good practice for chin ups?

Newfag, pls don't bully.

r8 my training today
>sheiko squats
>3xint med bench
>3x8 deficit deadlifts

So I Dmed Rebeka Koha yesterday

btw panzer gonna probably start oly lifting soon. I changed gyms and now have proper equipment. Now I can shitpost with you and feel superior to those powerlifting fatties. :)

Who is this guy? I keep seeing him here.

cringe.

>graduate with engineering degree and CS minor
>months of job applications through university site and Indeed
>only three companies interested, none of them work out
>put my resume on Monster
>six calls in two days

Three of them were software companies, and one was insurance sales, so I won't be getting anything from those, but hey, I'll take the attention. Plus, two of them actually were engineering companies.

Everything's coming up Milhouse. Hopefully I'll be making enough money in an entry-level position to get a new truck.

It's pretty uncommon for the pulldown machine and pullups to line up. The dead hang part of the pullups just isn't there on the machine, and it's really easy to swing down and use your lower body to get the weight moving.

>Materials Engineer
>get paid $30 an hour during Co-op with just freshmen class experience
>didn't even graduate yet and getting offers

I don't understand why people say it is a meme

Do deadlift sets of 12-20 do anything?

What's a good way to get in high deadlift volume? I want larger muscles for the deadlift.

>Do anything
Destroy your desire to live

>Good way to get in high diddly volume
Lots of submaximal work you can do for 2-4 reps.

>that image

I spat out my water on the girl in front of me on the bus

Can I start oly lifting and doing competitions if I don't have a coach? I like the lifts, but there's no oly gyms near me.

What would make my mussels grow big?
3x12 at RPE 9
or 3x5 at RPE 9
(Obviously the latter RPE 9 is heavier)

Right now I just need to grow, I'm too small for deadlifts.

5/3/1 boring but big does 5x10 at 50-70%.

It's not a bad replacement but do some negatives as well, you'll get much better practice. And lose weight, fatty

Recently I did 1x20 then 2x10 @60%

Just to try it out. I really liked the pump, I felt like I had tried hard.

But I don't know if it did much other than trash my cns

Yeah, materials is a good field to get into. $30 on co-op is really nice. I was just a weird case, since I'm not an exact fit for most jobs and didn't have a great GPA (just shy of 3.0).

My course selection was varied (most people take a category like automotive and stick with it, but I wanted to take a variety), as was my co-op experience (automotive, medical devices, and access technology). Most employers don't really want someone who doesn't fit their needs exactly.

I did technically have an offer before graduation, but it was kind of shitty, so I didn't take it. $27/hr for expensive benefits, no overtime, a shit work environment, and having to live in upstate NY? Pass.

We'll see what the recruiters bring to the table, now that my resume is somewhere people actually see it.

Not good lad, who told you to screw with Sheiko lower programming?

Deadlift heavy, get extra volume with variants. Paused deads, deficits, stiff-legs, maybe block pulls.

I have done this in the past and it hasn't really worked well for me.

With exceptions. But I really had to orientate my training around deadlifting, and I'll be honest, that took a lot out of me.

I wish to make more passive deadlift gains instead of going all out again.

Either one works desu, the difficulty of the sets matters more than the rep range. Iirc there were a couple studies that didn't find much of a difference between 5x5, 3x8, and 8x3 (or something like those) with regard to hypertrophy. I just suggested lots of submax work because it's not super hard to do a bunch of it.

Of training max*

>trash my cns
It didn't trash your CNS, it trashed your entire posterior chain and probably your grip.

What do you mean? You don't need to do all of those variants, just hammer one or two that you find productive.

Found the pic

Don`t settle for a shit job use it as a stepping stone

I hated my co-op even with the pay it was not worth the dedication and location but it got me into a lab at my uni which is more in line with my end goal

So perhaps what I should take from this is that 20 is too much.

Okay, I imagine I will just bite the bullet and go heavier. Ow my hands.

No one, it works really great at fixing my squat tho. Probably gonna do it for a month or two until I stop having any back problems and I'll switch to something else. At week 2 and I already feel huge improvements.

For Sheiko Int Small Load, I do Prep 1 back-to-back-to-back until I'm ready to peak, then Prep 2 then Comp, is that right?

Or is it P1 P2 P1[...] Comp?

Do negative chin ups, there's way more carry over than the lat pull down.

you *can* I guess

you wont be good

Neither are you though, so

not that guy, but is using the assisted chinup machine thing a bad idea or should i just do negatives?

diddly'd 260kg x6

These ph3 amraps fucking suck.

>Isley is running ph3
What the fuck. Don't get injured dude

Comme on my oc
Also ph3 is good don't listen to Jacob

yup. This program is fucking stupid but I'll see it through for 7 weeks.

resolution mismatch, consider killing yourself.

his name is robert (paulson)

I didn't want anyone believing it was true because it is very convincing.

That's not his last name.

What supps you take and what are your bench cues?

Paulson is an unfunny discord forced meme invented by yours truly the dumbest frog to ever pass through this baron wasteland.

I can't pull down my own bw in the lat machine, yet I can do 5 pullups back to back.

That's true.

I think I buy expensive batch tested whey protons.

I have forgotten all my bench cues. Now I just try to keep as stable as possible and bench in the right arc.

Wait, are you asking my cues so you can do the opposite?

"His name was Robert Paulson" is literally from Fight Club.

P L G is G A Y

>I think I buy expensive batch tested whey protons.
no creatine/preworkout? those seemed to help me but maybe just placebo.

>Wait, are you asking my cues so you can do the opposite?
no, just curious boo.

>>>>>Cueing more than one or two things anyway
Shiggy

I like how plg unites Brits and Americans

FUCK AUSTRALIANS though

squats from proper hip hinge are so ez pz

why so many ppl actually hip hinge before going down? I see that only for few strong guys, all of them have great squat tho

>why so many ppl actually hip hinge before going down? I see that only for few strong guys, all of them have great squat tho
can you show me some examples

Nope.

A fucking LEAF is the worst

cunt

Mcnicol and Seba Kot are the first that come to mind also Dan Green squat has p obvious hip hinge

Seba does p visible hip hinge when lowbaring

Pls response.
I just use a wide stance to use my quads and abductors to slingshot out of the bottom :^)

isnt it going to harm you long way? Also isnt using hips and low back more vs quads better?

also using stretch reflex is p easy desu

well the seba kot guy has pretty long femurs if you watch him squat you see that the bar tracks over his midfoot nice doing that

Goodnight plg

welp that makes sense, same is with me

my hip hinge is super obvious but thats the only way to alow my track over midfoot and no buttwink, I sink down deep anyway

even my best front squats are with using hip hinge tho it should be "weaker" beacuse muuh Im a bit more lean foward, but Its in fact stronger

someone link me a video of someone using "proper hip hinge" on a squat and deadlift with close to their max weight. I want to see how it look. Everything I find if I search is just women bending over with a stick.

>isnt it going to harm you long way?
I'll let you know in 15-25 years

youtube.com/watch?v=2cOjfJFW4_A

instagram.com/p/BF1Ir9ci8GZ/?taken-by=amacnicol

What you're referring to is an issue of leverages and proportions, not a specific technique.

and I dont even know how to setup to my deadlift without hip hinge

like hinging at the hips is first thing to setup for dl after placing your feet right

nope, Im reffering to technique, look up how Mcnicol teaches squats, Seba was teaching me same way basically

again true is that bar should be over midfoot so one needs to hinge more and other less - thats issue of leverages and proportions

how do i get big quads doing this hip hinge stuff

I usually do Rip's 5 step setup. Feet-Bend over-Grab Bar-Shins to bar-Squeeze chest.

I'm gonna need examples of poor or lack of hip hinge cause I don't quite see what stands out with those videos. Looks like any squat to me.

by squatting I guess

Quads are biggest part of my body and I dont do other things than squat for them

bending over with butt back is what hip hinge is

you cant "overload" your hammies without hinging

What's a good intermediate routine which has me do more Deadlifts than texas method. I wanna get better at them but I don't feel like I get to do enough to improve on a technical level.

The deadlift routines from 28 free

Ed coans natty deadlift cycle

this, bridge has you dling 2x a week, c6w has a lot of dls but you are mostly tired at them after squats

desu every int routine has more dling than TM

How do I tell someone something when I know they will be MAD at meee

I changed my mind but don't want to upset anyone

>when you massively undercook the steak but eat it anyway

Hip hinge is moving using your hips and legs while keeping your lower back rigid. Squatting and deadlifts are therefore both hip hinges if done correctly and without any change in lower back position (e.g. buttwink or rounding). Hinging at the hips does in no way hinder your quad development, as it is integral to squatting.

Some of the modernized 5/3/1 variants, 28 Free Nuckolsgrams, and of course Borisgramming

Thanks for the replies, I was about to take off from home.

Anyway, my gym doesn't have assisted chin ups machine (which is a meme anyway) but has 5 squat racks and plenty of rubber bands.

I found this setup in the SS book and it's probably what I'll start doing on top of the lat pulldown and curls.

What would my progression look like though? Every few session lower the band by 1 hole if I can do 3x10? After a while start using weaker rubber bands?

no, bands actually sucks. Very, very slow (you basically get lower when you cannot hold up give point) negatives are way better.

Bands are better than pull up machine, but again bands literally help you to get nice and easy thru point that you have to work on

negatives are better so you will easily find this point and fight there a lot

This is the BEST pull-up assistance. Machine assisted pullups assist the entire pull up while band assisted pull ups assist you most during the bottom and less during the top, which is the hardest part of the chin-up.

If I were you I'd do 3 sets are RPE 9 and increase each set by 1 rep each session until you reach 12 reps. Then I would try unassisted OR use a Wesker band.

Sounds overly complicated, skip the bands and start off with a couple of negatives, just jump up and lower yourself under control. Hit the LPD's after. You should be able to do a couple full chins after not too long.

Anyone at 1/2/3/4 who currently or sometimes swtich back to Linear programming?

>the best way to train chin-ups isn't doing a chin-up

bands are actually trash

the bottom gets really easy and the top gets insanely hard, this leads to just half repping. This is why negatives are better

try doing negative as long as you can without having to go down and told us how your back, abs and forearms felt

negatives are only thing that give me insane forearms pump all veins blasting

Fuck off nigger, we both said to do chinups, just without bands

This actually looks pretty interesting. Any ideas for how I incorporate this into Texas Method or do I have to hobble together some sort of abomination on my own?

When I hit a plateau I like to deload 20% or so and restart with LP, milking that for as much as I can before I switch to a more periodized program.

That isn't true. The hardest part of the chin-up is the top portion, so by using bands you're training the top portion with higher intensity relative to the lower portion.

Once you have the lower portion down your full chin-up is way easier.

Its literally in the starting strength book.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel when your arms and back look like Yakobs

the bands barely assist at the top m8. So with that logic if you can do the top portion you already should be able to do a regular chin

Why do so many instagram shitters completely fuck the RPE system?

>posts absolute grinder
>"yeah this was I would say rpe 6.5, looks kinda bad but it felt really light in my hands lol"
>posts slow as fuck grindy set of 5
>"@RPE7, felt really fast and good!"

>barely assist the top
Except they do assist the top, just get a stronger band then use a Weaker band when you're stronger.

its relative bro

since the band stretches at the bottom it assists the most there

I literally do this beacuse my arms and back, was told to do it by weightlifter who weights 88kg and pullups (not chinup which is harder) with additional 60kg hanging from his waist on band so it makes it harder for reps

hes arms are huge and he never does any isolations, I asked him same question and he told me to fuck bands, do negatives and your arms will grow

Exaxtly, going back to my point here
Nice appeal to authority fallacy

I lift at my school's campus gym and am taking summer off, won't be back in the gym for 24 days. I have a really cheap bench and 100 lbs of weights at home. I expect a slight initial drop in strength when I return, that's no big deal. Ive been doing all my lifts super slow and controlled with the 100 lbs to get some kind of training effect, will this negativity impact my explosiveness? It just feels like I'm training myself to be slower.

>heavy negative chins grow the arms
sounds like he knows what hes doing

Ain't there a gym in your home town / city?

The frogposter isn't me, I'm reading everyone's replies quietly and feel pretty conflicted about bands now.