How many pushups a day to improve?

My pushups and situps are preety low ( 37 pushups and 12 situps last time I checked )

What I mean is should I train till failure like 5x a day everyday or what

every other day. Muscles need time to rest, recover, and grow.

Aim for either more or faster reps each session. Be proactive with your goal-setting.

Go for 38 next time!

This. But failure at every set is probably the best way to go

Thanks. Do you think I can double-triple my sit-ups within a week? 12 seems extremely low and I used to be able to do like 40 easily.

You're probably pacing yourself wrong, and using your muscles to go down instead of letting gravity take you back.

Two most common sit up mistakes.

whats your bodyweight ?

165 atm i just started bulking up 2 days ago.

37 push ups at 165 lbs is not bad, how long you have been working out ? have you ever benched ?

I've been working out for like 6 months, but i've mainly been cutting and doing strength exercises/cardio so I haven't gained much muscle. I'm just starting to do pushups,situps,pullups now. I never benched since my gym is shit and doesn't have them. I have done dumbbell bench presses, the best I could do was 55lb dumbbells for reps.

your strenght seems average

can you do one arm push ups ? those will help you increase your max reps push ups

how good are you in pull ups ?

the problem with push ups it depends a lot on your fibers

you will find out some people can do 100 push ups in a row but are weak as fuck becasue of slow twich

while others can do 100 push ups and are fast twich and are strong as fuck

8 pull ups and I just tried to do a 1 arm push-up but was too paranoid to go through with it. Maybe i'm using bad form for it.

probably bro, just keep going for push ups and pull ups, each work out add more sets

Google Greasing the Groove.
You'll thank me later.

>your strength seems average

>can you do one arm push ups ?

good post

Rooling.

roll

Rolling

>tfw can barely go above 30

rolling for 999

Rolling