/NOOT/

Nootropics General

Recommend some nootropics for anxiety, memory, focus, sex.

I tried Phenibut a few times, it made feel really happy and loose for a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6pMbRiSBPs
youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
hdot.org/debunking-denial/or7-krege-investigation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty much all placebo effect...if any effect at all.

Super brain drugs are a thing of the future.

Best nootropics are healthy diet and daily cardio. Kys op.

Go away shills

Try CBD oil if you want something to take the edge off anxiety.

>Go away shills
Do you have any idea what a shill is?

Read a book you fucking moron.

Nootropics are garbage, OPs a fag, kys

sage

coke/meth

cbd oil? like to put in food or something?

200mg of theanine and 100mg of cafeine helps you concentrate.

No you just take it like a supp, I've been taking it twice a day(mine comes in a bottle with a dropper) for about a month now and its really mellowed me out, I rarely find myself obsessing over neurotic thoughts anymore. Would recommend trying.

just drink tea ffs

Just ordered a CBD oil vape per your recommendation(not OP) and have high hopes user

I've never got much from legal nootropics. Nothing that couldn't be compared to caffeine anyway.

Good luck buddy

Easier to get higher doses of both with supplementation. Tea is nice to drink though

meditation, running, lithium orotate and n-acetyl-cysteine

Few weeks in to daily 500mg phenibut. Effect is much more subtle but I'm still noticeably more capable of functioning. Might be entirely placebo at this point but I'm going to keep at it.

>Focus
EC stacks desu. been fantastic

>Relaxation
Kava. No one ever talks about that shit here. It's super nice. Drink it and within 45 minutes, you have this relaxed feeling all over. You feel like you just got a massage 10/10 always recommend

kinda agree.

i mean noopept got me through med school. but dexamphetamine is GOAT tier in comparision

the only thing that works are stimulants. i.e. adderall, ritalin, dexidrine.
not sure about meth. never tried.

if you cant get your hands on that, then caffeine + phenibut + noopept/racetam and a choline is a good 4 hour stack.

it's not placebo. its real.

also, you're addicted to it now given how long you've dosed for.

that's the exact opposite of how you're meant to use it.

enjoy your withdrawal.

I tried kava prepared the traditional way by kneading a bag of it in a bowl of water. Holy fuck, it is the worst taste I have ever experienced in my life. The only effect was a numbness in my mouth for a few minutes, but nothing noticeable in my mind or body.

Oh shit niggy what r u doing

Try phenibut then come back and tell me that
Noopept etc I agree are fairly placebo

true

After trying several I think they are a gimmick.

Yeah just couple months without sugar , alcohol and caffeine. Meditate, exercise, eat healthy and pursue your passion fearlesly and you will be so much sharper and clearer than any nootripics enthuastic.

Im close to 1g of valerian roots (pills) a day, drink several cups of camomile tea, 1-2x 5 minutes of meditation also heavy lifting sessions. All of this and i still have a lot of stress and anxiety, my heart can keep beating really fast for an hour straight but i just dont seem to calm down.

Went to the psychiatrist few days ago for the first time and he brought up that anti depressants are a good remidy for constant anxiety and stress, lets hope it will work.
I kinda want benzos but since the tolerance builds up fast and the withdrawls are horrible is just a huge redflag for me desu.

Oh yea i forgot to add i lately also started doing cardio on off days, im going for a run today.

i tried it
didnt really notice any big difference

even took like 600mg theanine and pot of coffee
same shit

>5 minutes

try at least half an hour to reach a more deeper level

also, to add to my own post: I had a similar problem as you who I replied to. I couldn't sleep, had trouble focusing. Had compulsions and irrational thoughts that all disrupted my sleep. You know, endless fucking thoughts and my bio chemical system also to boot didnt allow me to sleep well. Half because I wasnt eating properly though. But stress, thoughts can keep you awake even if you eat enough carbs and if you are relaxed (at least physically).

I had to almost literally reach nirvana, or the higher plane of thought just to fucking sleep again. I kid you not. The past few weeks I started doing longer in duration meditation sessions, and I went into the meditation sessions or realized that my wants in this world are the ones who are causing me problems.

Simply not wanting materialism, but also specific girls or whatever...made me sleep again. r9k...what they are doing is not good at all. You are not supposed to obsess over these things, its a bit of a self reinforcing circle that you need to break. Simply stop caring too much. Stop with the extended thoughts. Return to zero. Then if you do, you will have more mental power to sort out your life and its many aspects properly. Which in turn will help you to get more healthy habits. Though half of this crap is obviously also biological. Some things are hard to deal with, like different shifts at awkward moments, and mid summer with extreme temperatures that make sleep difficult.

Honestly what works for me is Taurine + Theanine + Caffeine. I'm an avid caffeine drinker whether it's sips or coffee. I like to take Taurine + Theanine in the morning and have my coffee. It keeps me in an upbeat mood throughout the day.

Suntheanine is relaxing and nice

Keep in mind that probably nothing will be like benzos/phenibut/alcohol (all acting on GABA receptors) for anxiolytic effects.

Question for whoever tried CBD oil: does tolerance increase? is it sustainable?

I do 1-2x5 minutes meditation sessions because i'm fairly new to them. I do the breathing meditations or whatever you want to call them, i'll try to do them a bit longer in a week orso.

there is almost no way to fail them you know. Just keep focusing on breathing and eventually your mind takes over, just dont resist that and your mind will start erasing neural stress paths...I think. I am not new to this, but kinda still at the end stage of beginnerhood. Nearly to the mediocre stage. All it takes is just a desire for me at least to not do other things that I was kinda addicted to, the internets and vidya. Thats it. Just force yourself to do it for half an hour no matter what, and dont slack. Its hard to persuade my own reasoning areas of my brain that its effective since its so low tech, but it does work.

I tried piracetam once. I bought the powder. Mixed it in my drinks in the morning and even took that other pill you're supposed to take with it to make it work better. Didn't do a goddamn thing.
Adderall on the other hand...makes me feel like a superhuman.

You should do it for at least 20 minutes or it's pointless.

How do you guys meditate, i have a meditation guide of 6 minutes that tells me to breath in and breath out, what's the best way to do it? Keep in mind i'm a beginner

Well I am at the end stages of beginnerhood. Right now I am just doing the classic approach of just focusing on the cycle, first breathing in, slowly, then stopping to breathe in, opening my mouth and then slowly breathing out.

I also try to visualize my inhaling of oxygen as gas and how it could go through my nasal, throat and into my lungs, kinda like a car engine dissection video on jewtube.

Once you do this enough, you should watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=n6pMbRiSBPs

Basically at this point your brain should be capable to get instructions from your conscious part. I tend to revolve around "zero" Null, nothingness since I dont believe in chakras, or mystical crap. I try to tell it that it should seize the pointless pursuits that cause me too much stress and to focus on low hanging fruits that will increase my chances for more dosh. Better jobs, but also a better mental state for those jobs, and sleep. I try to to imagine myself being the perfect NAP, contract abiding, libertarian worker who does not do conflicts and is capable...or something dumb like that lol.

this is a better version.

youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys

oh and to add: my main purpose in life, that of which all of my actions flow forth is "eradicate all the jew", not even kidding here, on my thought pyramid this is what drives me.

>breathe in
>hold breath a bit
>breathe out
>"kill all the jew"
>breathe in....

Well its more like a passing thought but still.

>monkey mind

Kek, well that's a good example. Thanks it was a good watch

Getting to half an hour of meditation, and knowing that video link, will probably get you to from beginner level to intermediary level in a couple of weeks, like 3 I would guess so. Maybe a bit longer. I often wonder how far needs to go on this path to be better are life in our western civilization. I think that somewhere near the middle level of mastery would be fine. The advanced levels seem a bit too wasteful of time. This intermediary level seems to give you the ability to deal with 90% of the stressors out there that we can encounter. Meaning that for the small price of half an hour per day, maybe less with time, you can do jobs with no downsides to your mental health that others cannot. Quite a big advantage I would say. Also useful for study if you are a student probably.

i'm not going to do the 30 minutes yet, i'll try to do 10 minutes for now. since i've only been doing them for 5 minutes everytime.

thanks for the efforts in your posts though, got a lot out of it!

Ill-will is a hindrance to meditation gainz

tell that to the guys who cannot sleep with rabid dogs lol. Like the dude in the video said, its not just all peace and love, its training your brain for specific tasks. There is no ill will here, its just like you would train your brain to eradicate cockroaches if that is your profession.

I want to start using Phenibut to battle my social anxiety/depression. But I also want to use adderall to get shit done. How would you balance those two?

Does nobody know about Lion's Mane Mushroom? This shit is a lot nattier than nootropics and actually works

I spent about a year on 3g of piracetam a day, mixed with 1.5g of choline to minimize the side effect headaches.

It basically makes you feel WOKE as fuck, sort of like a more subtle version of Modafinil. It takes a couple weeks of consistent use to feel anything, so don't expect anything to happen immediately.

It tastes absolutely vile. I haven't used it in a decade, but I still remember EXACTLY how it tastes. Exactly. I can never forget that.

I stopped using it because of the side effects. The most annoying was that you feel really awake the second you wake up. So, if a bird or housemate stirs me awake for a second, I couldn't get back to sleep. That sucked.

I also used to abuse Phenibut. Don't do that. I'd mix it with alcohol and pass out on the floor. It's extremely addictive, BTW. It's more of a recreational drug than a nootropic.

Where do I buy kava in Europe?

I owe my degree, my job and dating life to phenibut.

That guy is a buddhist monk and would be opposed to harming and killing living beings

Don't take my word for it, you will soon hit a block if you don't eliminate The Five Hindrances. Also you'll learn that what you do in waking life also affects the meditative life.

does phenibut work for anxiety/stress?

I'm this guy: It's just like a benzodiazepine. So yes, it eliminates acute stress. Temporarily.

It's also habit-forming, and your body QUICKLY builds a tolerance to it. The withdrawals are also extremely nasty. So, the best way to use it is very infrequently.

I don't really feel anything unless I take 3g of phenibut. I took 6g this morning and I feel nicely buzzed with a mild body high and am in a good mood but it doesn't really knock my socks off. I take it at work sometimes and am always much more social and can speak far more fluently and clearly. It does make for god-tier sleep; this is probably my favourite thing about it, I know that after a day on it I'll be asleep a few minutes after going to bed and it's always superb quality.

Do doctors easily give a receipt for this kind of meds?

Phenibut annihilates anxiety and stress. It also gives me euphoria and makes me a very enjoyable and positive person to be around.
But it is extremely addictive. I already get withdrawals if I use it 2x a week. I will lose its effect if you use it too much. It also doesn't work for everyone.

If it's more chronic stress, look into ashwagandha.

NEVER mix alcohol with phenibut. It's very dangerous and even if you drink little enough to stay conscious (yes it can easily knock you out) it will be very unpleasant and you'll feel no positive effects from either substance. Even a single shot of vodka made me feel terrible when I didn't know not to mix them.

What withdrawls do you experience? I've been taking 5-6g every 6 days for about 3 weeks now and haven't yet noticed anything out of the ordinary inbetween doses. I'm told the half-life is 36 hours so surely I would have had some withdrawls if I was overdoing it?

Did you use it too often? My tolerance shot up even if I let a week in between and without withdrawals. I regret not being more careful... I take it a few hours before bed. Knocks me out and it has a nice half life so I can enjoy the benefits the next day as well.

I don't think doctors prescribe it

Extreme anxiety and restlessness. It lasts for 2-3 days max and is not dangerous I think. Just annoying. It's very random. I've had withdrawals with a week between doses and I've been fine after using it for 3 days.

That's a high dose tho. When I tried that I was barfing all day long.

i already mentioned it in my post in here but the psychiatrist gave me an option to take anti depressants, i'm not depressed i have really high anxiety and stress. I asked if it build any tolerance and he said no, i'm thinking of going on it.

Are anti depressants really effective against anxiety/stress? any tips?

hdot.org/debunking-denial/or7-krege-investigation/

Most nootropics give results over time, and when the effects kick in you may not even notice it

>Are anti depressants really effective against anxiety/stress? any tips?
my question exactly

Yes but require months to start feeling them

yes, i know. my psychiatrist also told me that the effect is like preventing the anxiety and stress. benzos make you high and demp your emotions.

So how will i feel after a month of taking anti depressants, exluding the feeling of feeling ''relieved'' from stress anxiety.

Like you reborn, but wait atleast six months

well that's fucking vague

Mood and confident boost, more interested in things, sex appeal and a tons of energy. That's how worked for me

Phenibut + Theanine + Stimulants = god mode.
Be careful, don't take too much of anything (theanine is pretty safe though) and don't take phen more than twice a week.

>What is an increase in serotonin, dopamine..?

I did PRL-8-53, Noopept and choline this summer

It didn't do shit, didn't speed up the process of memorizing at all and now I might fail an incredibly important exam.

I wish I could get Ritalin or Adderall, but these are pretty hard to get in Europe.

What's your favorite racetam?
I'm trying to decide between Pramiracetam, Oxiracetam, Phenylpiracetam and Noopept.

Not a Nootropic but this fucker right here is good if you're in school and want to wake the fuck up and stay focused.

I personally use modafinil and phenibut regularly, great noots

I hope this is a troll, if not RIP

Took it daily for a month. Really hard to differentiate from placebo and it actually improving your memory and what not so idk. Worth a shot certainly

I can get Armodafinil for

I personally just showed my friends my use of modafinil, how productive it made me, got them to try it, and they were hooked. Sold it in bulk to them, then they start selling to their friends and boom you've got some cash flow.

Any comments on armodafinil vs modafinil?

Hmm, that's a good way to do it.
How much did you sell it for?
Did you sell in packs of 10?

>modafinil
You can feel the effects of it and it lasts a medium amount of time.
Gives a minor buzz to most
>armodafinil
Much, much longer lasting effect. Nullifies sleep. You can not feel you are on it, however.

so should i keep blazing myself out of my mind and think about life more?

>the guy i turned to, assuming his complete rationality, is getting through his depression by visualizing death
>meanwhile, i'm worried about taking this process too far and realizing total lucidity
>i'm insecure about this

i think i finally have all i need from you, Veeky Forums.

How often are you meant to do it?

How do you actually meditate though?

Do guided meditation videos work?

Does it take months to even feel the results of SSRI antidepressants?

Which antidepressants gave you this effect?

My experience with nootropics. Bought them from powder city and happy hippo. For the most part I believe it's a gimmick. Phenibut helps with insomnia sort of but not to the degree as everyone says. Doesn't help with sociability like alcohol does like everyone says (even when doing upwards to 2g without a tolerance). Noopept is a joke, all the racetams didn't help my memory, and adrafinil didn't help me feel awake.

Diet, exercise, and coffee is the true nootropic.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable about taking drugs that fuck with your brain?

If you're not kidding, prepare for some seriously awful withdrawal symptoms. You should be taking it no more than 2-3 times a week.

>tfw my abs are exactly the same but slightly worse

I'm kind of on board with you. The stuff hasn't been around long enough for us to really know how it affects our brains long term. No doubt there will be some sort of side effects by pummeling your brain with all these drugs non-stop for years. Can apply the same type of logic to most of the garbage we are putting into our bodies these days though. I'm enjoying myself now, knowing that there will likely be some sort of reprecussions down the line.

Oxi or Ani

what's the main difference between those two?

Are you still here user? I haven't noticed any tolerance issues from CBD oil, seems totally sustainable at a constant dose.

>Get diagnosed with ADHD for real
>Few days into the adderall I start getting a runny nose and some kind of pain in lower back/flanks
JUST

DUDE.
BROCCOLI SPROUTS

I tried 1g of happy hippo phenibut and felt nothing after 4 hours on an empty stomach. Took 500mg more and got tired. Pointless supplement

>marked increase in dopamine
>placebo