I fell into the nutrition pit and now am convinced everything is bad for you and no longer have any clue what I should...

I fell into the nutrition pit and now am convinced everything is bad for you and no longer have any clue what I should be doing for my health.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qKrY_WjogXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remove anything processed and refined and you'll be fine.

No to refined sugar
No to flour
No to polyunsaturated """vegetable""" oils

People love to meme on the paleo diet but I think it makes perfect sense. Our bodies are biologically no different to those of our ancestors, so why eat differently to them?

This is a good start, OP:

''formerly Nige's ''

>Nige's Nuggers

I made the horrible mistake of reading up on the "good fats" and shit. Hearing yes nuts, no nuts, yes fats, no fats, yes high protein, no too much protein!

I know I'm kind of slow, but how do you guys cut through the bullshit and decide what and how to feed yourselves

I recommend listening to experts, there isn't much debate about the basics (eat mostly minimally processed plant foods, limit satfat, oil, salt, sugar)

There is no general consensus as to what "our ancestors" ate, and it was also quite variable. Plus there has been adaptation even in the past couple thousand years.

It is just as reasonable to work backwards and say, since saturated fat is harmful and unsaturated fat and n-3 is beneficial, this lets us conclude some things about our evolutionary past.

I just don't eat anything that's overly processed.

In terms of oil: olives, coconuts and avocados are obviously fatty and require very little processing to get the oil out. On the other hand, this is how vegetable oil is made:

youtube.com/watch?v=qKrY_WjogXk

>since saturated fat is harmful

Except that it isn't.

I just eat vegetables, grass-fed red meat, wild caught salmon, and eggs, and avoid everything else.

Oh boy here we go

Nigga no fruit?

Oh, yeah, and some fruit.

Eat this stuff. If you're under 40 and don't have any health problems like high blood pressure or diabetes you'll be fine, just make sure your calories and macros are reasonable for your goals.

If you're still anxious about the nutrition, sit down with your grandma or some other reasonably elderly person with some ingredients lists from the foods your unsure of. If you read something off an ingredient list to your grandma and she doesn't recognize it (barring she's not mentally ill) then don't eat it (except maybe protein powder, I'll get to that in a second).

Wash your veggies fruits and meats, buy organic when you can, and never get any bread that does not specifically say "100% Whole Wheat" on it, emphasis on "100%". If you are unsure of any protein powder, look at the ingredients list, and if you find the word "blend" anywhere in there it's pure poison, that should knock away 95% of all the shitty protein powders.

Explain the French paradox then. I'll wait.

I am pre-diabetic. And over 30. Carbs scare the crap out of me now.

Fasting helps with insulin levels.
No need to be insane about what you eat, get your doctor to help you.

Ah, then go see a doctor/nutritionist for advice, not an east-western anime meme farming forum.

Congrats, you have an eating disorder.

The problem is that our ancestors didn't eat paleo.

>Paleolithic people didn't eat paleo

The French had a diet low in saturated fat in the mid-20th century, then added more saturated fat towards the end of it. Since atherosclerosis develops over decades, cross-sectional analysis showed a high saturated fat intake and low rates of heart disease. When relating historical saturated fat intake to heart disease, "paradox" disappears. "Paradox" narrative was intentionally promoted by French government and wine industry to increase wine exports.

I fell for the Up & Go breakfast drinks believing the advertising that they're high in protein meme.

Turns out they have the exact same amount of protein as normal cheap milk.

>remove anything processed and refined

biggest meme around

our ancestors also only lived until their 50's AT MOST, why the fuck would you want to replicate that?

but what if you're wrong

>our ancestors also only lived until their 50's AT MOST
That's bullshit and you know it.

OH COME ON

I'm french.
You're overromanticizing the nutrition part.
We just have close to no obese native french people.
Also healthcare.
Plus a shitload of us grow our own food so heres that.

>I'm french.
I am so sorry