Lifting for 5 years

>Lifting for 5 years
>Walk to gym (2.5km walk)
>Walk back home after gym (another 2.5km walk)
>Lifting PPLPPLx (6 days a week)
>Eat 180 to 200g protein per day
>Eat no more than 2500 to 3000 calories per day
>Had several blood tests and everything is perfect
>Test is also in the normal range
>Still 20% Bodyfat

Who else here slow metabolism/shit genetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it because I'm a manlet? I'm only 171cm and 185 lbs. I understand I'm supposed to be 165 lbs for my height, to have a nice lean physique. Did I make a mistake assuming I could eat 2500 to 3000 calories at my height and be lean, despite my activity level?

What the fuck am I supposed to do to get down to 165 lbs? Just eat

>no mention of height
>no mention of weight
something tells me you cant count

>Is it because I'm a manlet?
yes. eat 2200 calories max

eat less? like what's the problem

So cut or recomp, genius

171 cm
185 lbs

Currently on 2500 to 3000 calories a day. Eating 180-200g protein everyday.

Should I perhaps cap my calories out at 2500 and see where that takes me? Perhaps try find other ways to increase my activity aswell maybe.

if you're using tape measure to measure bodyfat it might not be accurate, you might have big hip bones

do neck bridges

I'm fairly confident my bodyfat estimate is accurate.

I only see abdominal definition when flexing my core under half-natty lighting. So that's why I estimate it at 20%.

>2500-3000 calories
Found the problem.

See that's what boggles my mind.

People always say you "gotta eat big" etc, but in reality eating big depends on your perspective.

2500-3000 calories for someone who lifts weights 6 days a week isn't actually a lot of calories.

This more so comes down to the fact the OP is a Manlet and manlets don't need much calories and yet the Manlet OP follows the dietary requirements of a Lanklet Holocaust survivor when he should probably be eat no more than 2500 calories at the very most instead of the current 3000 calories. Leave the 3000+ calorie diets to the Lanklets.

>counting "walking to the gym" as cardio

jesus christ, whats next, counting steps from the bed to your pc?

>2500-3000 calories a day
>Cant figure out why im fat

Veeky Forums never fails to amaze me. Unless you are 6'5 you are perma bulking my friend.

calculate your fucking TDEE RETARD

nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned

Walking 5.0 km to and from the gym isn't counted as activity?

Really? What's your minimum requirement for cardio before you count it as cardio? Walking 50km? Cmon, don't play this autistic 1 up game with me, it's the internet, there are no girls here for you to impress.

walking has never been and never will be cardio. I will possibly consider it cardio if you do it more than 5 hours a day.

i dont consider walking as cardio, unless youre going for ridiculous distances/hiking

Walking 5 km at 185 lbs is about 250-300 calories burned. Not to mention I have lifted inbetween, and studies have shown that post-lifting cardio burns slightly more calories due to the state the body is in post lifting.

To say that "doesn't count" is being pretty autistic.

why does this board attract the dumbest posters on Veeky Forums?

When there is benefits to your cardiovascular system from doing it, then its cardio. Walking is a nono, barely putting any strain on your body at all. And also fatty manlet, stop over estimating how much calories you can burn. it completely depends on your intensity and form but jogging for an hour burns 500-700 calories an hour (very rough estimate)

Are you actually seriously going to claim walking literally burn no additional calories compared to if you just sat on your ass all day or drove everywhere?

Because you'd be really fucking wrong.

no thats not what i said, fatty manlet. i said walking isnt considered cardio cause there is minimal benefits to your cardiovascular system from it. calculate your TDEE and eat less faggot fatty manlet.

>hurr durr its not cardio unless its muh extreme HIIT cardio that nobody will b/c im so tough and extreme

Except walking X distance burns calories regardless of how easy or hard it is.

To move your body-weight X distance you burn X amount of calories, it's literally that simple, how hard or easy it is is irrelevant, all that matter is that you've physically moved your body-weight X distance by foot.

You've said it yourself. Their opinions are autistic. Move on.

That being said, 2500+ calories is too much to be cutting.

OP here.

I entered my stats + a moderate activity level (3-5 hours a week) and it gives me 2800 maintenance, which is actually spot on for me now because I've been maintaining 185 for a long time now on 2500-3000 calories, so 2800 sits right in the middle of that.

It's telling me to eat 2300 calories to start dropping weight.

>He's been doing it wrong for five (5) years
>He still isn't lean
>He still won't eat less
>He's going to blame it on genetics instead

How can I not assume it's poor genetics?

Especially when people on here claim to be eating 4000+ calories and being 10% bodyfat and "struggling to gain weight".

Then I'm here sitting at 20% bf eating less than they claim to be eating while struggling to do the opposite.

Maybe every post I come across is some 6'8 guy who legitimately needs 5000 calories to grow and my perception of what is a lot of calories has been warped.

your perception of calories is warped, calculate your tdee and move the fuck on.

I just did , read Does it seem reasonable?

is the person with a bmi of 29 really lecturing me on cardio? hahahahhah go fuck yourself. i calculated your tdee for you since you seem to be so retarded, its 2600. eat 2k a day

>eat no more than 2500 to 3000 calories a day
There's your problem, you fat cunt.
>durr but the TDEE calculator says I need that much for intense exercise
Intense exercise is cardio. Running and swimming for hours, or working as a laborer. Lifting free weights doesn't even burn 100 calories an hour.

Dipshit, I used to swim 30 hours a week at college demolished easy 6000 calories a day. I was about 15% bf. Now I train 4-5 hours a week eat about 2600 cals and have 10% bodyfat. You eat to much... duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

It's not even funny anymore, the people here are so stupid it's worrying. You just eat too much and that's it.

I thought BMI is irrelevant for people that lift weights?

Are you sure it's 2600? Check out the shit I posted here Pic related, I don't feel as if I'm THAT FAT for being 185 pounds at only 171cm. Obviously I'm "fat as fuck" in the lifting world, but I don't think I'm normie tier fat as fuck.

What's your height/weight for that 10% BF maintenance at 2.6k calories?

Alright how bout I make a deal with you sharks.

I'm willing to drop my original calorie intake of 2.5k to 3.0k down to a maximum of 2.5k and I'll find other ways to increase my activity level, perhaps some form of higher intensity training etc.

Are you guys willing to accept that offer?

6ft2 88kg
I'm working in a finance job at the moment doing gym 3x a week and going back to college in September. As soon as I'm back ill go up to 14% and train a lot harder. But honestly once you get in decent shape you just gota maintain it by having consistent training and diet. I've made no progress this summer mind you.... Buuuut haven't lost any gains.

you're a fucking idiot

my guess is that you have a 2500-3000 caloric range, and you really don't have an accurate concept of how much you eat.

get a kitchen scale, measure all of your portions by grams, and figure out exact caloric measurements in every bite of food you consume.

>Lifting for 5 years
>Still 20% Bodyfat

This is what made the
>big
>lean
>natty
meme.

I do this already, been doing it for years. My entire family thinks I'm super autistic for always weighing shit out.

This is an ideal body from a girl's POV. I'm too lean. Although I just cut down so I can permabulk for a couple years, figuring if I do it carefully I'll not have to cut too hard at the end

but you stil burn the fucking calories you stupid cunt

Too much protein. More than 1g per lbm is a meme

you keep posting this pic on multiple threads even though it has nothing to do with it(fag), and 20% bf is not an ideal body you fucknugget. 9-12% is for that athletic look.

Girls want you to be about as fat as they are. You have to actually date to know how girls think (fag)

Girls prefer this to this...... ok. Mr "I date girls"...

BRO JUST CONFIRM THAT GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO LIKE ME no homo

These always feel like bullshit. According to this, I've had a 1000kcal deficit at worst for the past month and I'm not losing weight at all.

whats ur bench/sq/dl ?

>3-5 hours per week

Well i found your problem. Youre not a gym rat yet

Get some colour, apart from that well done you made it.

If you can see ab definition in the right lighting then you're more likely lower than 20% because I just got measured 20.2% and there's not a chance in hell I could see the abs under there.

>few days ago
>go to the gym in the morning before my shift
>qt comes in with her boyfriend
>start my sets, notice her looking at me every now and then
>bitch the fuck you're with your boyfriend
>ignore it and finish my workout before going home
>sister starts texting me pictures of her baby
>"user when are u gonna have one so I can get pics from u???"
>start feeling discouraged because I'm still stuck on Blood Starved Beast in Bloodborne
>mfw

That's not what he looks like you fucking dipshit faggot. Dude has a good amount of muscle and a waist and enough fat to cover up the veins. Quit being a little bitch because I'm way leaner than you could ever hope to be you fat pig.

Forgot kg. More than 1g per kg of lbm

You've supposedly been lifting for 5 fucking years yet you haven't figured out the simplest thing in the world? If you are not losing weight at a specific number of calories, and you want to lose weight, then lower the fucking calories. Guess what, some people have to cut on 1800, 1500, or even 1200 depending on their bf% and physique goals. Not once did you try dropping down to 2000 calories? You didn't gauge your weightloss for 2-3 weeks and then adjust calories accordingly? Are you retarded? Do you even want to cut?

use a pungent blood cocktail

your sister just wants to be able to relate to you because she has no one to talk about babies with, that or she's miserable and she wants to take you down to her level. Don't have a baby unless you really want to.

That girl is just trying to wind up her bf, she's not actually attracted to you

That comment was in reference to Learn to read before you go to the gym, you will get better gains from not being a triggered tard.

Just eat less. If you're still >15% after FIVE fucking years of lifting youve got some serious recalculating to do.

You probably eat too many carbs