There are still people not running a push pull legs

>there are still people not running a push pull legs
enjoy making neither aesthetics nor strength gains

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>there are still people who don't run brosplits
lmao

>there are still people not running a push pull legs
Bruh there are people on this board who dont even lift

tru

Can you explain how this is superior to other routines?

>there are still people who don't run
enjoying dying of heart failure by 7th grade

>people on this forum who dont run SS+GOMAD

enjoy NO gains

>there are still people going 6x a week to the gym when you could do full body 3x a week and get better results

But full body is fun

>strength gains

lmfao

PHUL is better than both of them

only go to gym 4 days a week and still make better gains than both

JUST LOL AT YOU GUYS>

CHAD RUNS BROSPLITS, ISOLATES A BODY PART ONCE A WEEK FOR 5 DAYS AND GETS THE MOST GAINS

Every body part is hit 2x a week which is far superior than a 1x frequency of brosplits

I did PPL hitting each 2* a week and full body 4* a week.

Legit got better gains and felt better with PPL, but I think it's because I was active every day and gave adequate rest.

someones been watching to much alphamanlet

Dyel on the pick is unrelated i guess?

hahahahhaha people who arent athletes actually advocate 6x a week lifting?

hahahahhahahha

Used to do full body every other day, now doing PPL every day a week except for 1 rest day of my choice (usually friday)
Feels good going to the gym erryday mang

i dunno man, i like going to the gym, not a chore for me, rather something to look forward to

>rather something to look forward to
it's such a comfy feeling being able to look forward to your workouts every day

It's actually fucking stupid.
But it's simple to remember and understand so I guess that's better then doing a balanced true fullbody workout routine.

absolutely

>PPL
latest fad workout

>full body
>balanced
whew lad

or you could do fullbody and maximise frequency

fucking newbies with
>if u work da muscle with more exercises that means its better durrr

>people who don't do legs, legs, upper

>not running conjugate

wanna know how i know you're dyel

Does it count as conjugate as long as everything has a volume day and an intensity day within a week

How is a bench press a deadlift and a squat and nothing else balanced again?
I'm curious.

No shitposting guys.
About to change routines after 8 months of GSLP.
Thinking of doing a PPL because I think it'd allow for broader exercise selection (what with having a Push 1/Push 2, Pull 1/Pull 2 etc) and it'd definitely be more fun.
Will I legit get lesser gains doing that? By how much?
I'm also /homegym/ and I'd actually prefer 6x/week as I often have time on my hands and I'd just end up using it to browse this place or watch shitty show, both of which I'm planning on quitting soon. (part of becoming Veeky Forums is leaving Veeky Forums, lads)

do a candito program or texas method

dont fall for the glorified brosplit

thought about an upper lower as it seems to be a better option.
Candito programs look fucking weird.
By the way, correct me if I'm wrong but I can't use different lifts on both upper days can I?
TM looks dull, more of the same shit. It might give me the best gains but I can't take it anymore.

I mean, you really should just change exercises every 3-4 weeks if you just want size gains, you probably don't need high variation throughout your week, but throughout multiple weeks

>actually lifting
Where the FUCK do you think you are?

>the exercises that give me the most challenge and will give me the best results are boring

i think you should take up crossfit

This is the first I've read about changing programs in a month rather than the "couple of months" tip recommended on here. What makes you special?

Never be afraid to try new or unorthodox exercises as long as you find they effectively use your muscles and are safe to perform. Never afraid, always careful. What kind of switches were you thinking of?

google candito linear program, very first link is a pdf

its layed out so a 1st grader could understand it

Ppl all the way i love being in the gym everyday, gains came slow at the start, but as my weights went up everything just starts blowing up! Been on ppl 14months and I love it

they are after a while though. also I'll certainly keep deadlifting cause it's my favorite lift. but back squats, for instance, just plain feel like shit. I can already do 3pl8 for 5, I don't see the point in doing more, I don't enjoy it, and my legs are already way too big as is. back squats can go as far as I'm concerned. I'll find another way to get the test boost meme, thank you very much.

You know, nothing huge, just would like to try out a few things. front squats, unilateral squats, jefferson lift, some landmine rows and shrugs, landmine presses, stuff like that, see what works for me.
Maybe some behind the neck pressing, some dumbbell benching at some point. Heavy grip work like farmers walk and towel pullups.
I'll just plug them in a template that allows for it and see what works.

Well I read a study indicating that muscles learn a movement pattern effectively within about 6 workouts, and if you want to reap the rewards of the novelty effect, as well as the rewards of being excited to do new exercises, it seems logical to change exercises 3-4 weeks in. This does not apply to making strength gains well, that's probably accomplished by changing exercises very rarely and changing small factors like resistance pattern with bands or changing grip width. Maybe I'm wrong.

That all sounds fine except read up on the exercises you wanna switch in, behind the neck press is iffy for shoulder health

i'm just here to ogle at shirtless str8 guys lol

yeah that's the one I've got.
considering doing Strength/Power atm

check out the kizen powerbuilding program
I'm a month in, and I've made way more gainz than doing PPL

I can't imagine training shoulders less than 3 times a week

Then put shoulder training on push day and pull day

hi omar
how's the transition going?

Well I'm a skinnyfat beginner and PPL sounds like an intermediate program.

kek

i'm doing a PHUL, is that a good routine?

it's an hour a day. Not really a big deal to go 6x a week.

you're my rascal

>"your life must be pretty boring"

>there are still people running shitty "fat dad" routines like PPL
>there are still people not running PHAT with a healthy dose of tren and cycling on the side
>there are people who've convinced themselves they don't need chiseled abs, delts and pecs

hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA

Full body 3x a week, accessories and what not 1-3 days

Rate me pls

>Push
3×5 Bench Press
3×5 Decline BP
3×5 OHP
3×5 Incline BP
3×10 Arnold DB press
3×10 Side lateral raises
3×10 Cable tricep push down
3×10 cable rope overhead tricep extension
12 minutes running

>Pull
3×5 Deadlift
3×8 barbell rows
3×5 wide grip lateral pulldown
Pull ups
Seated cable rows
Barbell bicep curl
Dumbbell shrugs
Dumbbell flys
(rear delt work)

>Legs and abs
3×5 lowbar squats
Farmer walks
Lying hamstring curls
Weighted decline crunches
Air bikes
Minute side planks
Minute planks
10 minutes running

Some might say you're working your delts too much on push day. I like your pull day. Also it's not lateral pulldown, it's lat pulldown as in latissimus pulldown.

Ask me how i know you bench 135lbs.

Lol thanks
More like 120

Worst PPL I ever saw

>FOUR strenght exercises on Push day
>Three of those consist of benching variation
>No chest isolation
>Too much volume in general

Just do this and report back

I just wanna get bigger thanks haha

that's a well thought out PPL routine, thanks user

Omar Isuf looks like Frida Kahlo on HRT

Couldn't you just do an upper lower split as well?

No problem senpai,
you can also change out the main movements for something else as OHP for Bench or stuff like that it depends on preferences

But,
>Main Movements
>Followed by assistance movements for them
>then your isolations

Strenght and Size

yes. ULUL is imo the best program

What kind of diet should I have while doing this? If I am bulking should I increase volume?

Kind of a dumb question but I am coming back to lifting after a long break and I want a big calorie surplus to maximize my newbie gains this winter

post your body

I wanna see 14 months of ppl

Leave volume as it is and go either on a caloric surplus or just maintain your calories because you're gonna need to build strenght on this routine

I can attest to this, used to doinig A/B routines for a long time, monday/tuesday then thursday/friday
however if you lift seriously there are too many exercises to pack on those two days, and thus workout takes way more than 1 hour and you get dead tired afterwards

been experimenting for a couple of weeks on doing A/B/C like that PPL
recuded workout time and you can give more to the workout, however I feel that if I push too hard on the first days of the week, later on the week when I'm repeating a routine, I still haven't recovered fully

people who do this workout only three times a week, or all week around?

I'm wary of ohp and bench same day just because it seems like one will surely have to suffer.

One certainly will suffer by atleast 10kg, but you can alternate.

Thanks, have a pepe

that's not the conjugate method but DUP, Texas method style. The conjugate method has, you guessed it, conjugation among max effort lifts, upper and lower. TM is good but I ran into recovery issues running it, as I was training to run sub-17:30 5Ks, and it is shite for physique and everything else besides squatting.

working opposing muscle groups on different days is counterproductive

(assuming you're training for strength, for which periodization is much more important than just aesthetic goals) you should be conjugating, or rotating, a maximum effort lift that you know has carryover to your competition lift. For example, I can put up 315 flat, and I missed 325 at lockout. I know that floor press, close grip, and 3 board all have a strong carryover- when they go up, my comp bench does too. I then train them in waves on my max effort bench days, working up to a heavy 1, 2, 3, or 5+ top set on that variation and switching it out for another variation which I know has a strong carryover when my progress stagnates.

please do this user I start week 1 of PPL on monday and am curious

say it with me: conjugate method, Upper ME/ back/Lower ME/back/Upper DE/Lower DE/rest.

Sorry, my criticism wasn't constructive. When i started lifting i did a bunch of random shit at the gym and my lifts didn't go up much. I really only started making progress when i focused on incrementing the weight on my main lifts. I still do curls every once and a while for fun doe.

Im at work atm so no pic.
Main thing with any program is consistency, track every workout and aim to beat it. With ppl make sure your compound lifts are first and go for strength with them. First couple weeks your body will be doms galore and you will feel you are overtraining but push through that and your body will adapt and you wont get doms anymore unless you take a couple weeks off.

Just get a decent program and run with it I started using forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833 this ppl but have since added lifts, sometimes do dropsets, supersets, switch out bbs for dbs occasionally, and change rep ranges from time to time. With the added lifts i usually train 1.5hrs to 2hrs everyday this is probably over kill but im seeing great results and love being in the gym.

Good luck mayne

can you translate that I don't understand what you wrote I'm planning on following this reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

oh hey user can you give ur opinion on the ppl I was thinking about? looks pretty thorough to me but I also don't really know anything about this stuff (aside from how to actually DO the lifts etc)

that PPL is fine for a beginner.

Yeah it shouldn't be too bad very similar to the one i linked you too
You will make gains as long as you stick to it, not a fan of the alternating 8-12 rep range for bench and ohp and you dont have any shoulder isolation like lat raises. But it would still be good

Is CoolCicada's PPL a meme? Wanna try running it:

>Pull
Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

>Push
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

>Legs:
Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

Gotta confuse the muscles, right babe?

>only an hour
low test

>but as my weights went up everything just starts blowing up!
I think I might stick with greyskull for a bit to get my numbers up first. Thoughts, anyone?

PT friend of mine wrote this up for me, thoughts?

Pull
-Kneeling rope pulldown 4x6
-Cable seated row 4x6
-Close grip front lat pulldown 3x9
-Dumbbell curl 3x9
-Seated incline hammer curl 2x12
-T bar row 2x12

Push
-Incline dumbbell bench press 4x6
-Dumbbell victory raise 4x6
-Cable incline fly 3x9
-Dumbbell seated tricep press 3x9
-Kneeling smith machine shoulder press 2x12
-Rope push down 2x12

Rotating the sets around so you're doing 4 sets of 6 reps for the first 2 exercises, then the next session those 2 exercises become 3 sets of 9 and something else becomes 4 sets of 6, etc.

Legs
-Smith machine squat 4x10
-Leg press 4x10
-Calf raises 4x10
-Dumbbell Lunge 4x10
-Leg curl 4x10

Anything that is obviously wrong with this? Thinking of running it for a little while and seeing how it goes.

he wore the mask because that payday for fighting potatoman was just straight robbery

I would do low bar back squats 3x5 on leg day instead of smith

>tfw a meme fight was more fun than any other fight that night

only doing smith because I've never done squats + coming back from an IT band issue, so easing in before I move onto regular squats.

shows how dead boxing is right now

yea its kinda sad,boxing used to be manly,now its just point fighting and hugging..

thanks. That's actually pretty close to what I was doing on my own. Nice to see I learned something from this place