My gym only has a 2.5 pound plate, nothing lower...

My gym only has a 2.5 pound plate, nothing lower. Do I really have to buy these microplates for $50 to do Starting Strength?

I can't increment by bench press by 5lbs every session, it's just not going to happen.

What do you guys on the program usually do?

Other urls found in this thread:

estore.biggerfasterstronger.com/collections/plates-bumpers-dumbbells/products/1-25-lb-plate
fastenal.com/products/details/33038
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/training/68337-microplates-sale.html
roguecanada.ca/rogue-olympic-plates
roguefitness.com/rogue-olympic-plates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't buy that shit. put on 5lbs after you can do more than 8 reps

When I started to slow down I'd make sure I could do my previous best for two workouts in a row, then switch one then two then three of the next workout's sets to the new weight. Worked for my bench and dead for a good while.
If you have to do it exactly by the rules, estimate how much a clip weighs and just put several on the bar. Looks stupid but weight is weight.

No. Get some 1.25s. Nothing more. Even that is probably unnecessary.

buy some ankle weights

Stop being autistic. A lot of lifters who don't suck (protip: you suck) have never touched then. Logic follows that you should stop spending time PROCRASTINATING and spend more time LIFTING

Do you faggots buying these things even try shopping before posting

that's a good idea, I also considered putting 2.5 on only one side and then alternating it between sets

so train to 5x3 and then go for 8x3 on that same weight before moving up 5lbs and going back to 5x3?

also a good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of it before but weight is weight

Fucking retard.

Just how poor are all you losers? I paid less than 20 bucks for microplates and they work great. If you can't afford to spend such a small amount of money on something that will literally give you years of use, then you might have made poor choices in life.

>inb4 "college student" or "neet"
Get a job and provide for yourself you worthless pieces of shit.

yeah this tbqfwyb

I found them on walmart for $1.75 each, I'm just going to get those

fuck nvm they're 1" diameter

how do you use the micro plates, isn't all you need 1.25 lb?

Be advised anons, the bore in the plate must be 2" in order to fit on the sleeve of the barbell.

Depends on the barbell.

i bought microplates

i cant recommend them enough

I am hitting 2pl8 for reps on squat and I'm not sure how much longer I can put 5lbs on per session (Im doing 4/week and 3x8). Do I need to eat moar faggot or is my programming shitty, or should I just buy micros?

how bad is it to use a barbell pad for squats?

I have really bad head tilt and resting the barbell on my neck hurts like hell

Any real barbell will require 2in bore.

>he uses microplates on the EZ-curl bar

When you can't hit 5 reps, deload by around 15% and work back up. You don't need microplates to progress at that weight.

nigga just use duct tape. a roll of that stuff can easily be a pound. buy two, slap them on the ends
or a bit of chain
or literally anything that's small and heavy enough to convienetly put on the bar

>2017
>paying 50 fucking dollars for 5 pounds in metal
shit better be pure copper for that price

This is what saved me. It's actually very clever and suprisingly the ankle weights were more accurate and cheap than some cheap 'real' micro weights.

Here you go OP

estore.biggerfasterstronger.com/collections/plates-bumpers-dumbbells/products/1-25-lb-plate

>We don't offer shipping to Canada.

i'm based in canada user, but those plates looked perfect

this is so frustrating I can't find any at all

well shit I was just gonna link you the ones I got on amazon.ca but they aren't available anymore

Use washers, op.
fastenal.com/products/details/33038

If you aren't using collars, those are a half pound each (and your lifts aren't quite as good as you think)

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/training/68337-microplates-sale.html - guy sells legit micro-plate sets for USD 36 - talk to him about shipping to canada

go to tye McMaster-Carr website

there should be various washer sizes for dirt cheap

i got some with a ~2 in opening for my oly bar and they work like a charm

5/16 chain weighs one ounce per link. Make your own and ziptie the ends.

Yeah I found 2 on amazon.ca that would have been perfect (one was actually the one user posted a second ago) but both are unavailable

I found a thread that mentioned that but I'd have to get something like 6 of them

i'll take a look, thanks

same thing, the only one's with 2" diameter are fastenal and those are light so you'd have to stack up on a few

I found this paid for $30 shipped, still more than I wanted to pay for 2lbs of low quality steel but I might just go with them

roguecanada.ca/rogue-olympic-plates

tommorow is cheat day and i will eat bbq burger for lunch and pizza for dinner + only protein shakes for rest yesssss, however I have to order burger and pizza at once so I hit minimal order price so pizza will be reheated but whatever it's still great especially that burger

Your local hardware store might be able to get them for you.

rogue sells 1.25 b plates in pairs for 8.50

roguefitness.com/rogue-olympic-plates

OP, try this: increase your lifts by no more than about 5% per WEEK of lifting, rounding up or down as appropriate. I think you'll find that you don't need even as little as 2.5 pound increments. The only reason you need those little plates is for 1RM which you really don't need to do anyway.

>using anything other than an olympic bar for bench

Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded

I just ended up ordering a pair from rogue for 30 shipped

thanks for the help guys, hope your weekend is going well and your lifts are progressing no homo

HURRRRR

DURRRRRR

HURRR DURRR HUURRRR HURRRR