/plg/ - Powerlifting General

/plg/ - Powerlifting general.

>Limber doggo edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong and Sean pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is it good idea to go from GSLP to candito 6 week strength?

What are your lifts?

You will NEVER be this comfy

>/fit is bullying me again for not having an aesthetic upper body

help me guys

lmoa this is the fate of wide grip benchers. I keep telling you to only do close grip but no one listens

B-but i bench medium grip

Oh so you're just weak. No surprise you're not aesthetic.

62kg ohp
103kg bench
145kg squat
160kg deadlift

BW?

Come back when you close grip bench 140kgs I promise you will look good.

this tb h

dont know why you guys think cutting rom is a good idea when it comes to muscle size. Well it might just be an ego thing

81kg

>benching to look good
Leave plg

Maybe if you developed some muscles you would bench more than teenage girls. Wide grip is only good for competition, other than preparing for meet you should always do close grip.

izley izley izley u neber lern

I reckon you're heavy enough to progress faster than every 6 weeks. Maybe if you were a weight class lower. Do TM first w/ nuckols 3x int bench instead of the bench/OHP in TM.

Barbells for aesthetics is a waste of time though.

>nuckols 3x int bench

what's that? sorry: newbie

Google 28 free programs.

No one talks about some bitchy aesthetics. You need fucking muscles to get strong no matter how much you cheat at the lift more muscles will always allow you to get stronger.

this guy from who replied to mentioning aesthetics.

>doing TM 4-day u/l split
>wanting to use nuckols 3x bench

how??

You don't. Either that or you train 5 days a week ULULU.

2x upper/1x lower/1x bench+lower.
wow that was hard.

that would mean benching two days in a row tho...

does nuckols 2x bench int have enough volume at to drive progress?

monday - lower/ tuesday - upper/ thursday - full/ saturday - upper
wew that was haaaaaard

>does a lifting program which exists have enough program to be a program

Yeah, probably.

I'm at 1/2/3/4 idk if I'm dumb but sheiko hasn't been doing much for me. I prefer higher intensity less volume. Anyone got any suggestions? Also anyone got a link to juggernaut? People have been suggesting it to me.

the whole point with TM is that even if you bench twice a week its not enough volume, duh

Have you looked at nuckols 2x int? Pretty sure it's not called TM.

>I'm at 1/2/3/4
>lets do advanced program for elite roiders
Are you retarded?

Would TM be better

Yes. That's why I'm asking for advice from the same retards who said to do sheiko.

If you don't like it don't do it. Some people prefer submaximal work, some people prefer sets to failure. You do you boo.

I'm a failure kinda guy, you got any programs in mind or should I just keep at what I've been doing?

everything would be better, you can linear probably still do beginner routines with those lifts.
You believed raffy right? No one here ever suggested to do sheiko for beginner early intermediate lifters. Sheiko was always supposed to be last resort program when nothing else works.

user today is in a shitty mood, has to bully everyone on /plg/

I am in pretty shitty mood, but I only bully retards. For some reason that's almost everyone here today.

what do I do when texas method stops working but my lifts are too shit to justify moving out of intermediate

Reminder that 1/2/3/4 at -66 is higher than your current wilks

Nuckols 3x int bench plus the 3 day variant of TM. Don't be like the other retard in the thread who wants to do UL. The advantage of TM U/L is you get more upper body work in, which isn't relevant if you swap out the upper body work in the first place.

You'd be surprised how many people suggested it 5 months ago. Granted I went from 225 315 405 to 255 365 475. But I felt like as a 17 year old (plz no ban) I have enough test to achieve more

you have all my envy for being 17 yo...
really feeling like shit now

>330 wilks
>he thinks he's advanced lifter now
lmoa nice try retard.
It was still mostly suggested for more advanced lifters and those were also raffy orbiters. Plenty of actually knowledgeable people never suggested sheiko for someone fresh from linear progression.

>Granted I went from 225 315 405 to 255 365 475.
Why the fuck are you so fucking retarded, if you put 150 lbs on your total in one cycle then keep doing the program you fucking retard

>b-but I would've put 15000 lbs on my total with SS!
No, you just have unrealistic expectations because all you lifting knowledge comes from idiots on the internet who barely lift.

>150 pounds on a sub 1k total
Shit dude in 5 months i feel like I could be better.

If you're in a low enough weight class that's pretty good progress for one cycle. I guess if you were fat fuck you'd be early enough intermediate that you might have progressed faster doing something else but it's still progress.

350 is pretty much advanced for most people. You have no idea what you're talking about and you are simply making contrarian statements for the sake of it. Post your wilks

I'm 230 6'2 so pretty fatty.

>350 is pretty much advanced for most people
lmoa that's funny because I'm actually at 352 and I still make weekly progress on all my lifts. Not like it matter because neither you nor I have any wilks since we haven't competed and wilks is only valid for competition lifts.

You probably shouldn't have done sheiko. IMO you should probably cut and run a hypertrophy phase to maintain muscle, in order to set yourself up for a clean bulk and steady progress afterwards running something like TM with 3x int bench, but that's just me buying into Israetel's stuff, maybe you don't need to cut at all.

If you're deloading it's not linear progression, it's periodisation. Count the weeks between your PRs and I doubt you'll find that you're going at 5/10lbs on upper/lower per week. Realistically it's probably half that or a bit less. I could be wrong, you could be a talentchad and you could be shitting on every strong lifter in the general in 3 years time, but most people aren't talentchads.

Nah I'm starting to cut now. Marching band and wrestling are going on which means a fuck ton of cardio. Hoping to get down to 200 by january. Appreciate the advice tho.

UxFxULx

U=bench day 1 or 3 (heavy)
L=TM squats and deads
F=TM squats and deads & bench day 2 between them (light)
Brainlet

At that pace you would put over 150 kg on your total in a year. If you stay at 230 lbs that would mean you increase your wilks by 100 points in a year. How is that not good for any lifter?

I mean, I doubt I'll stay at that pace, would be nice tho. But idk i think I just have my head filled with advice from dyels. I just wanna be one of the best lol.

The dyels are the ones exaggerating how much you can gain, but you probably could have gotten further on a weekly DUP program rather than a 3 month cycle.

>I just wanna be one of the best
Don't listen to isley then xd.

Who here too lazy to warm-up for deadlifts?

I just do some squats, then 3 plate, 4 plate, 5 plate.

If I deadlift after squats I get lazy but not that much I still start at 1pl8

why am I still so weak

High neuroticism and a poor father figure

Hard to fix the latter but what can I do about the first

Hire a coach.

And clean your filthy room

Anybody here train in the mornings?

Making the switch from 9pm's to 6:30am for better life balance. First workout is going to suck

I mean I do, but fuck not that early. I guess you should eat lots of carbs before sleeping or it's gonna feel like shit.

Most mornings before 5. It sucks.

what happened to the /plg/ disc?

What do you mean? If you can't join you were likely banned.

It's a retarded idea. There isn't enough to talk about in the general, let alone talk to these rejects for recreation.

If my sticking point on the squat is the hole and I either sink down or barely move up, is this a sign of a weak core, or bad technique? How can I fix it?

Guys one of my knees started to hurt from squatting yesterday, what do i do?

Fix my deadlift form plz, every time I do these my quads and glutes hurt after the set but my hamstrings are fine and dandy

deleted but dont worry there are about 15 other ones you can join

Keep the bar closer to you. You have a really obvious forward lean.

Stop rolling the bar into you, take time and set up properly
youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc

Looks good to me

either my lockouts suck or I did my rackpulls wrong, because I have been feeling something in my upper back ever since

That's actually pretty normal, just a minor strain, give your back some rest.

Good thing that I have been resting for a couple of days then because my gym was closed.

Need to stop sleeping on my side though, I think it makes it worse.

BRRRRRRRSPPFFFFTTTSSSSSSSSSSPLAAT

OH my that was a rather wet Norman Khan

Sniiiiiiiiifff.. Oh my and rather.. stinky.. yes, yes, quite stinky indeed

Paused work. You're probably rounding your upper back too

Any labor day plans?

Are your lifts going up?

RIP

I snapped my SI joint so I haven't been able to squat or deadlift for like the past 6-8 weeks

I'm rounding lower back, not upper. I don't really understand how to feel a stretch reflex; I always end up rounding my lower back to hit even further below depth. I used to round my upper back but I fixed it by bringing my grip in close and keeping elbows down.

That sucks.

I don't get injured, so I feel really bad for you.

Do you think it's because ph3 is a hack program?

Post video. Your whole back is probably weak as fuk

When your back rounds a lot of the time it's because you're in a stronger position with your back doing more work, meaning your back is stronger.

Don't have video but it's definitely not my back, my squat is 110kg as of today and my DL max is an easy 160 as of a month ago. I avoided squats for a while and now I'm finding a new problem killing my progress every time I hit a significant PR. It's getting pretty frustrating but I'm up from an 80kg squat back when my DL was 150 so I'm getting somewhere. Long femurs too so my end goal is to have a squat 80-85% of my deadlift.

I was actually making steady gains but then I got greedy and tried fast tracking it by skipping the light week which is exactly when the snapped shit happened

It was going so well too with no other injuries this year until then

weak quads

its embarrassing how many people here have weak quads

Anyone?
My stance is pretty narrow, could it be that?

There's a lot of things that could go wrong with the knee in a lot of ways. Simply saying "knee pain" doesnt tell anyone anything. Describe it.

How does it feel. Where does it hurt. What movements trigger it.

I've already spent the last month or so fixing that, I went from a completely bent over good morning 105 to a clean 110 where the bar stays over mid foot and I don't lose balance at all. I've been doing barbell lunges twice a week on squat days and front squats on deadlift days.

Nevermind, it isn't a back weakness, it's a body weakness.

Chin up, leaf, a 4 plate squat and 5 plate deadlift can wait a little longer.

wut is this ph3 program

Congratulations on finding out you're the second weakest person on /plg/.

Program by layne norton, notorious drug cheat with a horrendous snapped up squat.

Too much intensity volume, and includes blood flow restriction training with ligatures.

The ultimate meme.

>Program by layne norton
Stopped reading there tb h that alone says more than enough