>squat gets about 10-15lbs weaker
>after a few days knee pain completely vanishes
>work my way back up to 5 rep PR that I was doing sleeved before
>still adding weight to the bar slowly

Don't fall for the knee sleeves meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Guys my anecdotal evidence is proof positive I am correct 100%. Trust me im basically a scientist.

>wears knee sleeves as an everyday accessory

I don't see how any sane person could fall for the knee sleeve or belt memes.

I've noticed knee sleeves can mask a slight bit of pain. If I'm wearing knee sleeves I'm able to distribute more of the load onto my knees and not sit back as much, though it'll cause pain in the long run. I imagine OP did something similar to this due to claiming his squat went down. He probably overextended his knees regularly but the sleeves made it less painful than if he did the same movement raw. The new pain from squatting without the sleeves made him fix his form on the spot, shifting more of the load back onto the hips, thus actually helping his knees.

Knee sleeves aren't bad, having bad form is bad.

When your weights get heavier and you've worked out for longer periods of time it'll make sense.

I don't know how heavy you're talking but I squat 160 and don't use any equipment. I'm sure if I did I could up my squat by maybe 10kg or more, but I don't go to the gym to lift as much as possible. I go to train my muscles.

>constant knee pain for months
>keeps squatting

Belts aren't really a meme. They don't fix poor form, they just allow you to get more out of the abdominal pressure you have if you're using good form.
Sleeves/wraps/suits are retarded egolift memes though

>i'm a little fairy bitch who has never lifted ANYTHING heavy in my life: the post

160 is horrible

thats less than a starting max for average builds LOL

>what is a kilogram

160 is literally 3.5 plates

160 is nothing special.

I started using sleeves when repping 200kg+

I never said it was anything special. It's barely above the "intermediate" checkpoint of 1/2/3/4

What's 1/2/3/4? DYEL here.

ohp/bench/squat/dl
Some say 1RM, others 5RM

That's intermediate? So if I can lift that, I have a decent amount of muscle?

1 pl8 OHP
2 pl8 Bench
3 pl8 squat
4 pl8 diddly

some say 1 rep max, some say 10, it's a gay milestone so it doesn't matter either way

It's just a general guideline and its biggest fault is that it doesn't take body weight into calculation in any way but yeah if you can lift 1/2/3/4 you can consider yourself not a beginner anymore. Far from an expert, but not a newbie.

>constant knee pain for months
>dont fix form
>buy wraps to keep ego lifting

Kek

My knee pain started when I began using knee sleeves. But it wasn't immediate so I couldn't point at it for being the cause. What was noticeable when using sleeves for the first time is that it made me stronger due to the elastic effect.

I only started using sleeves because some powerlifting fags at the gym told me that they're necessary for protecting your knees.

Guess I got cucked, but whatever.

I feel better while using knee sleeves, but I use em' for heavy squats only. Same for belt - it should help you to not get injury, while doing your personal bests, not preparing for it. Look at weightlifters.

Normies find it impressive. That's what matters.

Once you get to 505 for working sets a belt/sleeves are worth just looking in to. Once you become that strong you will know 100% what kind of load your body can handle and equipment can help alleviate some of the burden that comes with lifting heavy weight. Dont just hit a like a 3 plate squat and buy a belt, knee wraps, sleeves, elbow pads and a football helmet just because because you are afraid of snap city at baby weight or just have bad form. EQUIPMENT DOES NOT HELP BAD FORM.

Only gear you should be wearing is a helmet to lift
Because passing out & hitting your head will fuck you bad

This is what killed rich
He would still be alive if he wore a helmet

>Being so much of a pussy you can't lift without muh equipment lifting 40kg's worth

Get fucked

youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0

are you really supposed to exhale on exertion

>using squat shoes
>raw

>Glasses while lifting

Fucking worse than multi-ply

all these fucking lifters claiming to be raw sMh

>160

I was gonna say "pls be kg" but it's still bitch weight anyway

> Virgin sleeve

>sleeves are a meme
Enjoy aching knees and inflamed tendons

Came here to post this

Im just gona Brag a bit.
>be me
>fuck old fwb who has become cardiobunny on saturday
>hit 115kg 3x5 backsquat and 140kg 1x3 deadlift yesterday
>she Said i look thiccer

Yes, helps you manage your breathing better as your body will naturally inhale afterwards. More over, exhaling causes your body to use certain core muscles naturally, giving you more core stability. No need to scream tho, unless it helps you emotionally to push through.

no pain, no gain!