Hobby thread

Just like most of you, my only hobby is lifting heavy stuff and licking virtual pussy.

So I'm looking something else to pick up. My day feels like a waste of time and I want to start using it for something good.

What is Veeky Forums hobby apart from looking at male bodies?

Bar trivia and guitar.
Made like $700 at trivia last year

Lifting i guess.

I also ride my bicycle from time to time and i used to run bun a lot but i kinda stopped.

Guitar, painting, skateboarding.

I'm going to pick up the electric guitar. Learning an instrument is always a good thing for numerous reasons

Calligraphy, get them finger gains son

>licking virtual pussy
That has got to be the most cringeworthy phrase I've seen on Veeky Forums in weeks. Why haven't you become An Hero yet?

any /k/ommandos?

more like
>when you want to shoot yourself but don't have the balls because cuckservative

jfl @ you

Work on cars, rock climb

I've gotten into baking.

Someone come help eat these carbs god damn it I'm turning into my own gains goblin.

gym morning
read crypto news, invest
play drums
bike ride arvo
jerk it

I like playing some Tekken and some Souls after a workout.

Chip on your shoulder much there buddy?

Hiking and camping. I wish I had a mountain bike but they're pretty expensive

I hope to make robots someday. I ordered an Arduino starter kit because my mechanical engineering job turned out to be CADmonkey bullshit.

I like cooking, but I don't think I'll ever bake. Takes too much time to get baked carbs when you can just make rice with a button press.

programming,mycology and engineering. I would like to find some hobbies that involve atleast a little bit of socializing.

My hobby was forging, but then I moved to an apartment and my forge sits in the closet, cold and lonely. That's how I ended up lifting. Kinda similar, just different weights and different product I guess...

Hunting, fishing, coed softball league, street hockey league, I play drums and used to be in a band when I was a teenager but we never made it so now I just jam with my guitarist once in a blue moon,l. Other than that just general alcohol fueled shenanigans.

Arduino is basically a shitty bridge between PLC and Desktops. You can do a lot with it but for the most part its on a hobby scale. Works just fine for robot tho.

I draw and surf, I'm bad to mediocre at both but I still enjoy doing them and slowly improving. Also play vidya.

I like to break rocks and make my own sand

you draw that user?
looks preddy gud

Hunting and fishing.

Thanks user, I was pretty happy with how it came out

How does a newfag who knows nothing about hunting into hunting?

Drawing I guess

Play D&D with the friends
Watch Terrace House
Read Lots
Hike Lots
Powerlifting

Try to check out a hunter safety course. Often needed to get your state license. DNR for your state should have a website with tons of info on regulations and stuff.
Finding places to hunt whatever game is in your state is the challenge for new guys

Reading, listening to podcasts, cooking, film and television, video games rarely, poker with friends, shooting pool

Mainly literature and language practice. After 2 years of college Latin and 1 year of Greek, keeping up my reading abilities in both is somewhere between a hobby and a job. I try to practice my Spanish, too (4 years in high school), but I am frustratingly worse at it than I should be.

Right now reading some south American lit in English translation (BolaƱo), and working thru Lucretius and Lysistrata in the original.

I also like to cook, shitpost, and read online.

In my state there's a two day hunter's safety course that is a requirement for anyone who wants to buy their first hunting license. That's a start I guess. Should give you some idea of what you're getting into and a general concept of what you definitely shouldn't do. Other than that you should find out who you know who hunts and get friendlier with them.

Head over to Veeky Forums dude and look at some 40kg and WIP threads. It's cool stuff. I'm painting right now.

Real estate. Quit my real job so it's perfect making 10k a month renting shit to poor fags.

flight simming
no bully

Nice drawing bud

Cool stuff

thanks fellas

where my osrs boys?

same bro, I fucking love making bread and pizza. just finished making myself an outdoor wood fired oven.

Right now I meditate, but I can only do that for so long so I spend most of my time just playing games or studying. Would like to replace games with a different hobby but not really sure what. Interested in /out/ and /p/ things.

>implying im not a communist who wants the proletariat to possess the means to defend themselves from bourgeois oppression

I sing, play guitar, skate and hike
Pic related i climbed Thunder mountain today

Scubadiving.
Met a shitload of interesting and very different people over there.
Somehow, you have to get along the guy that can give you air underwater.

Anybody else like writing?
>tfw 8th rejection email

I play racket sports and climb.

Playing with my kid
Cycling
Hunting

Sometimes my little brother will drag me into a game of football or baseball that he and his friends are playing. Other than that just Veeky Forums things.

Photography
Playing guitar (poorly)
Collecting art books

Hell yeah. When I manage to get in the flow, writing is pure bliss.

Besides lifting? Chess. I also have a couple dogs, a garden and I really enjoy what I study - law.

What about you OP? Besides sucking dingus.

lifting IS forging, user. Instead of metal objects, you are tempering a steel body with the hellfire burning within your very veins.

I'm starting to play electric guitar and programming.

>black smithing
>knife making
>competition bbq
>leather working
>engraving
>rc cars and planes
>scale models

I am the hobby master

>BJJ (should be more consistent)
>Video editing
>

>law

What do you think makes you enjoy studying law? I was considering going into it but heard nothing but horror stories from people who hated it.

Swing dancing

First, ask yourself what you want out of life.

Then, ask yourself if youd like to know about human relationships, the way we regulate and judge conduct.

Also realize most people are faggots that want to take more than they give. I study a lot, then theres a lot more to study and learn/understand. You gotta enjoy the process or you wont see results.

Where are you from?

Take a hunter safety course. Buy a shotgun and a knife and other equipment. Research hunting if you can't find a mentor (in person or online: some places have hunter mentoring programs). Practice with your gun. Find some land you can legally hunt on. Get /out/ there and walk around until you find a critter. Kill it. In that moment you will appreciate what it is to be alive in a way that non-hunters will never comprehend. Bring your prey home to your woman. Cook it for her. Feel complete.

Fishing is also a decent gateway drug.

England. I finished my undergrad in history and going into law is a pretty popular path afterwards, albeit expensive.

It's actually really satisfying, on multiple levels; it's intellectually challenging, demanding, garners you respect and money if you're good at it, and gives you a deeper perspective on how societies work and how to be a better person than most people get.

Your systm is different than ours, still I would consider it. Read some books about it and see if you dig it. I recommend some introductory material or philosophy, law and stuff like that might be too much for starters.

rugby

Thanks for the replies. The horror stories I got were mainly from people who were headhunted out of Cambridge and ended up working for huge firms but they hate the work and often end up finishing around 3am.

music and reading

Well working with a firm is a looot of work (think 60-80 hs a week), and its mostly big companies (mergers and acquisitions, stuff like that). Theres more to law than that: criminal justice, civil stuff (think a traffic accident), etc

are you a swiftie?

I like to refurbish technology (particularly collect and refurbish old consoles) and read and write fiction.

>snes on a crappy lcd with dogshit upscaler, light years input lag, via composite

it's really triggering when you see how beautiful those games really are when you play them on a good crt but now most people play them on lcd

Shooting clay pigeons is fun. Just shooting is fun too.

I cycle from time to time. Sporadic fishing to relax.

>Tfw lonely but never alone

I'm a full time doctorate student so I don't have a ton of time for hobbies outside of the gym. But I enjoy shooting firearms, driving my car, drawing, reading nonfiction, and for a while I there I played violin (although haven't had much time for it lately).

Rowed through high school which took up a lot of time and was good for me. First year if uni i just drank a fuck ton and didnt really have any interests besides chasing girls and occasional gym. Now in my 2nd year and ive been getting into aussie techno/doof culture so ive picked up production and DJing as a way to spend time productively. Gotten more into lifting and enjoy what a study which is mechanical eng, so going pretty well at the moment desu.

I did crew in high school also. Such a great sport.

Very good for high school, tried club for a while after that but unless you're willing to make it your life and push other things back for it theres not much point.

Bow hunting and 3 gun. I need cheaper hobbies.

Yeah I feel that. The more recreation club here is a bunch of older people arguing about who's throwing off the 8 boat. Sounds more frustrating and not worth the yearly fee. I prefer 4 boats more anyway.

Lots and lots of reading. It's virtually free, buy a kindle whenever they go on sale and you get an unlimited supply of stuff. It's also a great motivator, just avoid modern self-help stuff. I don't think it's possible to not be pumped for anything after reading Ayn Rand's Anthem, give it a shot, it's pretty short.

A bit of gaming. I abandoned all online games aside from Monster Hunter with friends occasionally. I realized that most online stuff is just made to milk your time and money so nowadays I'm going mostly through classics I haven't played yet. I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII now.

Movies are pretty great, too. They aren't too long so you can watch two or three per week and there's an infinite amount of classics out there. I do watch some good schlock every now and then, though, gotta have some good entertainment where I don't need to use my brain (I love Fast & Furious)

I've also picked up making cocktails. My family has heavy drinkers with surprisingly no alcoholics but I'm not too fond of strong drinks, so I decided to learn how to make some good stuff that doesn't taste as bad (and doesn't fill me up with empty calories). It's also a really good skill for socializing.

I've read Neuromancer and am about 50 pages into Count Zero. He's a good writer but he's improved by miles in Count Zero. Neuromancer was influential but shallow. I wish William Gibson would stay out of politics; his anti-Trump shit on twitter is so cringey.

Count Zero gets even better on the second half. I found the first half so be almost unbearably slow before he starts giving you any actual info on the story and the characters. In the end, I liked it more than Neuromancer.

Also, same. It happens to everyone. I love Stephen King and Scalzi but I had to unfollow both of them cause their hot takes were so bad

Drawing and reading. Currently going through Sebastian Junger's War. I've also gotten back into digital painting after a 2 year hiatus.

Tabletop and wargaming

Currently working on an Exalted meets D6 SIFRP game set in a nuclear fallout britain.

Archery is also great for arm gains.

Is she getting plugged in her gutter?

I just joined an adult baseball league.
I like cars, too.

going to the gym. i also collect retro vidya, mostly n64 and snes. i used to play guitar too and i was actually pretty good, but most people in my city are cunts so i don't have anyone to play with right now.

I like drawing the animu. Unfortunately, everything I draw is a commission, so this is an old sketchy doodle about 3-4 years ago I made for a friend also from Veeky Forums.
I also like gardening, video games and coming up with recipes.

24 yo here, I've been a NEET and Veeky Forums since I'm 21 (2014), into reading and two foreign languages.
I need to register to a private school before October and start a new 3 years cycle.

no you're a smith

You're so cool , how do I draw like you ?

lifting
feeling sorry for myself

It's basically my only vice and the only game I still play. Not to mention none of my vidya-inclined friends will try it because "muh graphics"

Amen. Been thinking about showing up for a match with my Lee-Enfield, an English stocked side-by-side, and a Webley...

Put in your time in the big firm, cultivate a relationship with a major client you like, and jump in-house. Saner working hours and eventually you're being taken out to lunch by the same partners who were making you work 70 hour weeks...

My hobby is parenting.

I don't have kids so I hang around parks giving parental advice out to random kids. It makes me feel good that I'm handing down knowledge when I can't have kids of my own.

I get asked to move on a lot by bad parents that don't give a fuck about their kids learning anything. There are plenty of good parenting spots round d here though so I just move on to the next one

Fencing

what the fuck

>anniemay
>Conventions if that counts
>Photography when I'm at conventions, I wanna start getting into actual shoots but too autistic/nervous to ask people
>Cosplaying basic shit, gonna start on seeing and making shit myself soon
>Cycling
>Vidya & tabletops, mostly fighting games and getting bopped in pools
>Cooking more than just typical Veeky Forums fare if that counts

>interested in picking up dancing and boxing but I know those take a shit ton of discipline to take up to get mediocre at.

wtf

IWhat?

I'm not molesting them. Just giving sound advice.

Lifting, gardening, some programming and I'm pretty /tv/.

jesus christ that sounds so creepy