When you guys say you bench 300 pounds are you talking a smith machine...

When you guys say you bench 300 pounds are you talking a smith machine? I'm a few months into lifting and am struggling with benching 110 pounds (55 pounds per dumbbell). I'm not an auschwitz survivor either. How the fuck do you guys get to 300?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1hT5iZdkEYowNl2x_WlG68O442VTmUXKKhcr3LBoDYNc/viewanalytics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By lifting for years and lying on the internet. Also, by using a barbell.

definitely barbell. People include the weight of the bar (45 lb).

Just practice and you get stronger.

Time, eating, dedication, etc. you can get there if you want brah. Or don't. Lifting does not mean you have to strive to lift 300 pound bench. Do what you want. Be ripped, be big, be strong, be in good cardiovascular shape, etc.

fpbp

>he doesn't use 150lb dumbbells

Most people get stuck at 185-245. It takes special type of autism and patience to hit 315 for reps but its definitely possible as a natty.

Average person usually lifts in the 200s range, but yeah, most of us do mean it when we say we lift 300+ pounds. It takes months of autistic dedication to reach those levels, even years if you start off skinny enough.

>People include the weight of the bar (45 lb)

to yourself this isn't relevant, because you dont take it into consideration while putting weights on the bar

but for how much do you do it is relevant, because funnily enough you do lift that weight

Thats not how it works, you're not pressing 110 pounds, you're pressing 55 lb dumbbells. Barbell bench and dumbbell bench are different

>Average person usually lifts in the 200s range

>you do lift that weight

no you dont

the barbell doesn't add any extra weight, you could just use a small stick but that would probably break from all of the weight

That's actually extremely wrong. I lift weights at a gym with shitty 25 lbs barbells. When I first hit two plates bench, my enthusiasm was crushed when I realized I still had 20 lbs to go

bench is a meme. manlets have a huge advantage

lever/fulcrum physics dude. someone with long arms is doing more work than a manlet with short arms

this is a mathematical fact yet ive never read anyone mention it. because people would rather dick measure than talk about the real merits of their meme lifts.

>how do people dedicate themselves so long to a hobby that they become good at it

hmm

also

VERY

few people on this board bench over 300lbs, myself included

docs.google.com/forms/d/1hT5iZdkEYowNl2x_WlG68O442VTmUXKKhcr3LBoDYNc/viewanalytics

according to my nearly 1800 person survey only roughly the top 3% of this board benches that level

I hit the 300 mark about three years ago.
I literally lived in the gym. I was homeless and had nothing better to do than lift for hours and eat (I would save money and eat one huge meal for after I lifted)

I was unhealthy as fuck but also strong as fuck. Weird

Today though, I run three miles per day. I'm back in school, drive uber, and can afford to eat healthy. I'm in the best shape of my life. Guys, you really can change into the person you want to be. You just gotta do it.

>I'm stronger than half of Veeky Forums
neat

Ugly lanky

Do SS, SL, or etc

By proper programming and years of training
Alternatively, you could just be a fatass and have 300 pounda be like 1.1 of your bodyweight
Either way, it's not impossible at all

A barbell bench press is a bit different than a dumbbell bench press. But 300 is difficult to get to. Especially so if you're natty and DYEL.

But it's definitely possible. In fact I'd argue that it's something every intelligent lifter should achieve in their weightlifting routine at some point.

Me for instance, I used to do a lot of bro splits for many years. from 2013 - 2016, i pretty much did nothing but bro splits and casual, fun workouts (nothing wrong with that). I went from 185 BW to ~ 270 BW during this time. I'm about 17% BF if that gives you an idea of the mass i put on relative to fat.

Anyway I started to get serious at the beginning of 2016 about doing a powerliting meet in the future. so i started programming. i started with 5x5 for a few months, found it wasnt right for my experience level. then i ran wendlers 5/3/1 for the rest of the year. Jumped on the cube method for about 12 weeks after that. After that, I started and am still doing Conjugate. My bench went from 200 (shit form, no chest touch) to 305 clean @ 265 BW. And it's still climbing. And im natural BTW.

So my point is that it's possible but you need to have a game plan about it. Be serious. No one casually benches 300. Programming is really important. Gaining weight also helps in the bench press specifically.

This is pretty poor bait my dude. You need to do more than just estat to bait people.

Years of training.

I mean we had a survey a while back that showed a very small amount of fit even hit 1/2/3/4 so I'm not surprised.

Getting good form, healthy shoulders, strong chest and triceps.

All of it takes years.

You know, I think your survey might be a bit off. Everyone's claiming to be taller than average and with a significantly bigger dick than average.

Most people have been lifting less than a year, and yet some of the most common lifts are around 1/2/3/4. I'd almost guarantee that the stats there are a fair bit higher than the real stats of the board, without dumb e-statting shit.

Spotted the manlets. I'm not talking about how much your lift on your first day you ding dongs.

>I think that survey that 1800 people filled out is lying
>Surely I know the truth compared to the aggregation of 1800 individuals with no motivation to lie in an anonymous survey
You're what we call a retard.

Those numbers are better than nothing so I'm cool with them. However they shouldn't matter. When you go to work out, your only competition is your own weakness. Address it and get stronger. also panzer sucks

kind of this

You know what? You're right, no-one would lie on the internet!

The denizens of Veeky Forums are all just significantly above average compared to the general population even just in terms of shit you can't change.

Especially when there's a significant focus on causing insecurities around those few things that just happen to be much higher than average, there's just no motivation at all!
Really gets my noggin joggin.
To clarify, I'm not saying your survey results are lying, I'm saying the people who did it were lying.

5'11"' 225 bench not much but i dont train it much bc its a stupid lift

drowning in pussy btw

Yeah, it's definitely better than nothing, and I don't really care that much about what they are, I'm not competing with faceless strangers online.

Just saying to keep in mind that your results in some things are likely biased by people estatting.

Six inches and six feet are the average sizes for those things you tiny dick manlet.

You are literally never going to make it, I'm sorry my dude.

Absolutely. I think I'd play it safe and bump all online polls by ~10% in my head. However, I dont think there's an army of DYEL kids on Veeky Forums saying they bench three fiddy. People are just too prideful for that.

But I do think some bros might round their 245 to 250. Or call a no touch 200 a good lift. etc.

I'll be sure to trust online strangers over actual studies measured by doctors and other health professionals. Why would guys ever lie about those things, right!

Fuck, I'm sad to hear it.

If you ever see someone benching 300 lbs. on the Smith machine please take a picture and post it here, thanks.

He ain't wrong, every dick thread on Veeky Forums is guys claiming to be 7 inches or larger.

Yet 7 inches would put you in the 99th percentile world wide of penis size.

I think most people intellectualize the lie so they don't feel they're lying, they'll add another half plate to their totals online, add another .5 - 1 inch in the dick threads, etc.

you mean my 6 inch cock isnt 7 inches?

Yeah, I'm not saying it's so much the case at the extremes like that, not beyond a couple people at least.

Just that in particular with height, dick size and the lifts around 1/2/3/4 that there's going to be a bit of estatting going on(probably with age too). Especially taking into account stuff like the amount of time people claim to have lifted for.

Ten percent does seem like a pretty reasonable amount to lower by, you're right there though.

If you do more in the future, I'd probably make your categories for weights lifted a bit smaller and more consistent too.There's a huge gap between 60-100kg, or 100-140kg.

It is interesting though, do you mind if I ask how you managed to get so many people to participate?

Oh i had nothing to do with that info. Im just a faggot throwing in my 2 cents on it.

The weight of the barbell doesn't count. The barbell just supports the actual weight you are lifting. Try benching with 2 plates on a 45 pound barbell vs a 25 pound barbell and I guarantee you won't notice the difference.

No worries man, thought you were the op.

This. People lie but just put the lie in that online persona they keep up, because it boosts their egos to claim to be a better version of themselves than they really are.

It's not unique to fitness boards, people do that shit all over the internet, it's just particularly annoying and obvious here. The dick threads are the best example really, thanks for bringing that up.

I have that autism. 335 for 2-3 feels good man

haha the fuck seriously get outthere

Seriously, you've got to bait smarter, not just double down on the same thing.

1.Veeky Forums is fairly popular and Veeky Forums is pretty damned huge.
2.The people most willing to speak up have something to brag about.

get the fuck out.

Veeky Forums really isn't that big past a couple of boards from my understanding, and sure, you'd have a bit of confirmation bias, but not to that extreme.

Especially when you see similar amounts of estatting going on in any survey as well, if a bit less extreme.

There'd still be a fair bit more people claiming to be normal sizes and heights if it was anything more than dumb estatting.

>2017
>adding the barbell weight

Jesus some people are clueless

>People don't subtract the weight of the holes in the plates (1.287 lb)

>Yet 7 inches would put you in the 99th percentile world wide of penis size.

No fucking way. Is this actually true? I'm 7.5 and I've had a bunch of girls tell me I had the biggest dick they've ever been with but I thought they were just bullshitting me the same way I tell them they have the tightest pussy or whatever.

99th is probably a stretch

no pun intended

there are dick studies out there but honestly not worth worrying about
Only thing sadder than a small dick is obsessing about small dicks/trying to enlarge it

if anything manlets lift more, retard. find a new meme

IDK, I'd be pretty wrecked if I had a micropenis. I always considered 7.5 slightly above average and "large" started at 8. I guess it makes sense now, there are certain positions I can't do with certain girls because they say it's too deep. One time I got a little carried away with my ex and she hurt so bad after sex we seriously almost took her to the ER because she thought I damaged something internal. I think dudes who want a huge dick are kind of stupid. Isn't the average vagina like 5 inches deep?

>ITT: Are barbells weightless

They should make spaceships out of barbells, you could just throw it into space by hand

7.5 would mean relatively speaking you have one of the largest penises on Earth.

Hence why it's obvious everytime a thread is filled with 100 replies of guys saying "hey guys 8 inches here :~)" is obviously bullshit and clear as day that you're lying.

girth > length

t. skinny dicklet

>implying the Holohoax happened

Hey /pol/! I found Shia!

I got to 365lbs on my bench by making shit up as I went. But I was benching 3-4 times a week and alternating between high reps, low reps, heavy weights, lighter weights, based on however I felt any particular day. I've never been a big believer in needing to follow somebody else's lifting routine. Just focused on benching often, and mixing up a lot of different assistance work in the meantime.

I agree with you thought that nobody casually ends up with a 300lb bench press. That's along the lines of being afraid to lift because you might accidentally get huge. It takes a ton of focused work to get there, but just about any guy can get there with enough work. I think the real rarified air is 400+, I don't think everybody can get there natty.

And it took about a year of focused training to get to 365 from 275. It didn't jump to lmao3.5pl8 after a few weeks starting from poverty bench. No programming, just lots of benching with lots of varied assistance work mixed in.

Plz post your best richpianos from your folder

Check back in a year.
Afew months is barely anything in lifting.

t. brainlet.

Take a physics course on rest days user

>what is physics
You are moving a barbell through space against the force of gravity. Even if that barbell has nothing on it, it still requires you to generate force. As you add more weight, the greater force you need to generate.

Don't worry about it.
Some can bench 500lb some can bench 100lbs, good for them.

Eat well. Work out. Do your thing.

>tfw khv in 99th percentile
one should also consider that guys with small penises don't really have any reason to post in dick size threads. not sure if anyone does actually...

By that same logic, people who don't lift or do any exercise wouldn't go on Veeky Forums, yet this board has heaps of people who clearly don't.

People just like to put on airs of being better than they are online for whatever reason.

nice bait

thanks

I'm glad making shit up worked for you as you went and desu it'll probably get 90% of people to a 300 and beyond. I think the biggest thing you can do is to keep track of what you do. That way you can bring up all your movements and assistance work. The only thing I disagree with is that following other programs. Starting Strength, Westside, Sheiko, etc. They just work and they're created by people A LOT smarter than you and I.

>strongest 1% bench and im not even a powerlifter
Lmao how weak are you fags

I do 215 for 3x5 after 8 months.

If you don't you are autism

These.

I'd probably say that dumbell max is like 80% or even 75% of barbell max for most people.

300 is doable, but that's definitely closing to the genetic limit for most people and only after a lot of dedicated strength training.

But really, don't worry about it. Being able to bench 2pl8 with good form for a few sets already puts you ahead of the majority of people and can easily get to good aesthetic with a hypertrophy routine.

185x10+
225x1-2

I don't even get fatigued. I keep trying, but past 195 I struggle to get reps

>tfw weight is in bottom quartile and bench is in top quartile

Feels Good, Man. Not even a manlet

>but that's definitely closing to the genetic limit for most people

maybe if you're low test. im confident any healthy normal sized male can reach 315x5