old

Other urls found in this thread:

ape-index.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=N4abutGjK68
instagram.com/p/BXfjZ8oFwcx/?taken-by=biolayne
instagram.com/p/BUHyTaMA8Vc/?taken-by=gurphling
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for sumo should be banned

I realised I'd be rubbish before I started. I'm having fun.

Yeah. Wasn't me.

Low tier bait

Reposting because new thread:

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

If you hate sumo that much, switch to strongman.

>5 honest years of training can easily wind up sub 300 if you for the first fuck around, second run SS half assed, third start understanding diet, fourth have an injury, fifth year get your shit together and actually make some gains.

>I just wasn't healthy.

Truth. I had low test, a bunch of fat (still do, but it's less bad lel), several injuries both in and out of the gym, diet problems, and a bunch of challenges related to being sedentary for the previous two decades (mobility, imbalances, general weakness, etc.).

I would say I've had decent progress, because I've gone from such a complete clusterfuck to mostly functional and able to make gains, even though the numbers aren't high (just shy of a five plate deadlift after a little less than four years).

I don't know if it's as bad in other countries, but here in the US, we really need to get our shit together when it comes to teaching kids how to take care of their health. Parents are obviously not doing on the necessary scale.

>Feet turn in during the rep
RIP knees

Is german volume training effective in getting big and strong

>How long are your arms dude?
not that long my ape index is about 1.062

is it normal that i stalled on the squat that early when you compare it to my other lifts or have i just not bee ntrying hard enough

I almost failed the last rep on the second to last set of w3 d1 cuckols bench.
On the last set i tried really hard and scream each rep and it went by like a breeze.
Trying harder is not a meme ^_^

what is your ape index guys

ape-index.com/

if below 1 bench god
if near 1 total god
if above 1 deadlift god

You could just have horrendously weak quads and/or be built to pull. I couldn't LP past 275 3x5 squat but I had no problems with going up to 250 3x5 bench and 365x5 deadlift, and I feel that my quads are my biggest weak point despite pulling sumo.

Talk me out of german volume training

Fuck that, that was the last chance and now I'm sure I'm giving up squats forever. It's impossible for me to squat without feeling paralyzing pain. It was nice lifting with you lads but now I'll move on to being an average bench bro in gym.

>1.043
>Decent at both bench and deadlift
?????

Just do push/pull

How would you rate your technique with the squat compared to the other lifts? I stalled on every lift until I felt like I levelled up my technique on each.

my deadlift is probally 10/10, bench 9/10 and squat maybe 5/10

Who are you

>Just do push/pull
Yeah I'm gonna but that's basically average gym bro like I said. Which makes me depressed as fuck.

I got 1.029 but deadlifrs r my worst lift ...

I'm an exact square. We did this in high school, too, and I was a square then. 6ft in both measurements.

I got 0.976 but bench is my worst

you guys are GDE's

you have the perfect build, now hope that youre muscle genetics arent shit

I think your strong george! :)

Cute!

Mom?

But I'm still trying my best without complaining or making excuses

Am I the actual GDE, and not the whiny guy from last thread

Im just teasing bro could be a million different reasons why your lift isnt proportionate to your arm length

You only care about two lifts, squat and bench. How do you train in this case?

Probably something with 3-4x frequency per lift, a good amount of upper body and quad accessories, with some core work thrown in there.

Should I be doing all my working sets paused

i tried that on the squat but after i while i forgot how to use the stretch reflex

if i would do it again i probally just do the first rep or like a whole seperate day

On bench? Personal preference. Can either do all TNG, pause the first rep and TNG the rest, or pause all reps.

What is it that Isley needs to learn?

First day on C6W. Early intermediate at best but weekly programs are boring and Candito is bae. Anything I should know?

Brace yourself, first day is hard and week two is hard but fun. Very enjoyable program for lower body. You might need to run different upper programming if you don't make bench gains this cycle.

How to become a normie

80% for 10 reps followed by 10x3 with 60s pause.
Good luck I still get flashbacks to that day.

>Monday
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Rows 5x5
>Wednesday
Front squat 3x5
Incline bench 3x5
Chinups 3x5
>Friday
Squat 1x5
Bench 1x5
Deadlift 1x5
Curls, lat raises, calf raises, leg raises circuit for 7 minutes no rest

There, 67% of your fatigue due to training is squat and bench, 20% is upper back work which is necessary unless you want to get injured, which would mean you have to stop benching and squatting, 10% is 40% of your powerlifting total and 3% is beach muscles
Everything you need, nothing you don't

haha okay raffy

Physically shaking in excitement for this

youtube.com/watch?v=N4abutGjK68

west side is shit

Behave

hahahahaha oh GOD

Can't wait.

"We're fucking thoroughbread horses man. If we break our legs take us out back and fucking shoot us".

Who even is that

>All this toxic masculinity

Isley at 1:42

Lads I've tweaked my back about 8-9 months ago. Now I have managed to work and strengthen myself back(I was unable to squat the bar for a month post injury now I can do 160kg 3x5 pain free) however I still get discomfort if I drive long distances or play vidya for 2+ hours.

Any stretches or exercises for guys that potentially slipped a disc?

i was in the same boat and what helped th emost was staying active and avoiding sitting

this, and when you sit be sure to maintain good posture. if you sink into a hunch you'll get up and do grandpa shit for like 20 minutes trying to straighten your back again.

has anyone gotten a full recovery from a bulging or herniated disc before? Im wondering if its possible cause some "doctors" are saying it isnt

Full recovery is definitely possible, it just takes a long ass time. I had a bulging disc and it basically doesn't cause me any problems anymore. It was very minor as far as bulging discs go though.

>has anyone gotten a full recovery from a bulging or herniated disc before?

Layne Norton.

Why did he reinjure himself like 3 times then

>get injured beacuse of form
>doesnt change it one bit

i think thats maybe a reason behind this

1.056 and my deadlift still sucks
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>so much forward lean his chest is the same level as his knees
shearingforces.jpg

have some test boost lads

Eh, looks pretty good nowadays.

instagram.com/p/BXfjZ8oFwcx/?taken-by=biolayne

ps. remember to edge before workouts, it gives you a short test spike and might be the last push needed to lift that PR

>hey guys blueballs yourself before you workout

yeah no

that's just a pig oink oink

look it up, its real
and stop being a pussy

Now that I've changed my bench form, my form looks like his on all lifts... Even my sumo looked similar to his.

you got issues

masturbation is sin

As someone with long femurs it's good knowing not all is lost, at least not for that reason.

Meanwhile other people are like

instagram.com/p/BUHyTaMA8Vc/?taken-by=gurphling

>ireland
>asian

I want globalization to end NOW

ebin pol post lad

>tfw you will never have any lift look this nice
A-at least I can get kinda strong and have people question how I got so far with such shit form.

>A-at least I can get kinda strong
Oh can you? And how long is this gonna take exactly?

A while. I bet I'll be at 400 wilks within 2 years though. I got 343 at my last meet even though I only hit my bench opener.

>1.005 ape index

You are ugly at least post hot instagram whores if youre going to post girls

343 wilks at what lifts and weight?

He's a spindly 184lbs at 5'11"

weighed in at 81.5
got 182.5/110/215

Only got 110 on bench because my ass came up on the first two attempts. My form is shit so I changed it recently to fix that. It was pretty disappointing since if my butt didn't come up I could have smashed 120 probably.

Now I'm just doing some crazy volume hypertrophy block with food to become a big guy.

hey negros and negrettes I just signed up for a gym membership and I got a free fitness assessment with a trainer, he basically told me that if I do 6 days of workouts per week I want to do the following:

Monday: Chest, triceps, shoulders
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday:
Friday: Back, biceps
Saturday:
Sunday: Rest day

It didn't occur to me at the time to ask what the hell he wants me to do on Tues/Thurs/Sat because I thought he'd explain it, but the session ended. He also said I should focus on cardio every day after each workout, so I know those days can't be pure cardio... Seriously, what the hell am I expected to do on those days?

What are your goals? What is your current height/weight/strength?

I want to get Veeky Forums and I have no idea where to start other than following his schedule, hence why I'm confused what to do on those empty days.

5'11", 151 lbs, skin and bones

Eat more
Starting strength (actually read the book, can't stress this enough)
Proper form
Above all else
Try hard

Yeah but those empty days, what am I supposed to do? The trainer emphasized pretty heavily that I shouldn't do anything that's I've already done or going to do for the week (e.g. chest two days a week) since my muscles need to recover.

You rest those days.

Also your muscles do not need to rest an entire week before you use them again. You can still train, and make progress from session to session using the same muscle groups in ever session.

Honestly, a beginner doesn't need to work out 6 days a week. Since you're new the main thing is you need to find a program you'll enjoy doing so you'll actually stick with it. Starting strength is usually good for people in your situation, but if you don't like it, feel free to try something else.

Also diet is always more important than your routine. Aim for an average of 2 lbs/month gain. If you gain much faster you will put on a lot of excess fat. Reminder that when you start eating more you will initially gain some weight in water/glycogen/more food in your stomach.

>not wanting to do chest two days a week
Honestly that sort of bro-split, each body part once a week is better for people who are more advanced or on steroids.

This is good advice.

So basically my trainer was retarded? I'm not saying you're wrong but that was his job and for all I know you guys are shitposters.

all personal trainers are retarded, retard. well 99%

I'm not saying he was retarded. There are multiple ways to do things, some just might produce better results than others. Since you're new you probably just want to get lean and more muscle.

And for credibility pic related is what I looked like after my beginner phase. Since this is plg I'm obviously not as lean as I was back then but I have a hell of a lot more muscle.

An overwhelming majority of pts don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Muscles only need 24-48 hours to recover.

>Muscles only need 24-48 hours to recover.
True but tendons joints fascia etc need longer depending on how intense your training is

You're not going to need a full week to recover, especially as a beginner.

T H I S
H
I
S

So basically double his schedule with no empty days other than Sunday?

Low frequency is shit. You feel DOMS and you think what you're doing is working because of it. Soon you stall because all if your volume is in one day, and most of your work is at low intensity. While you may have more volume with a split as a beginner, it's much more than you need, when you should be doing 3x5 for main compound lifts and adding weight each session. You don't need to worry about weaknesses, isolations or imbalances yet because you're weak everywhere, everything will grow and imbalances will come later.

However, regardless of what you do as a beginner you make progress for some time. You'll make better and more consistent progress doing a real program than you will by doing your trainer's brosplit.

Just run starting strength dude. There is an extremely high likelihood that you will make way more gains on that than whatever your trainer comes up with.

No, he probably gave you a schedule that has way more volume for each body part than you'll need initially. Most beginner programs are full body 3x a week, which is honestly a really good place to start. After doing it for a bit if you feel like you're recovering well, then add in more volume (sets/reps).

Just remember that initially you will be very sore after your first few workouts, especially if you were very sedentary before.

something very off about your physqiue, narrow shoulders or small chest compared to rest?

manlet

ok but hes nearly manlet cut-off hes not turbo manlet to look this off

It was when he was a 150lb turbo twink

I was 5'11 153 lbs in this pic.

I'm now 5'11 184ish.

Like I said I was still finishing up beginner era then, and my upper body has always lagged a bit behind my lower body.

>tfw took melatonin to reset my sleep schedule and feel extremely drowsy throughout the day

REEEEEEEEEEE RUINED MY BENCH AND ITS ABOUT TO RUIN MY SQUAT

lol you got placebo'd so hard lmao at you mindcucks your own brain literally cucking yourself WOW KEK