Do you think gut bacteria cravings are a real thing? And does limiting yourself from eating sugar, for example...

Do you think gut bacteria cravings are a real thing? And does limiting yourself from eating sugar, for example, really kill them off?

I used to never crave sweets until I met a girl and we would go out for late night ice cream all the time. Months later I still crave something sugary at night. Don't know if I'm laying the blame on this "gut bacteria" or if I'm just not as disciplined as I used to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/gut-second-brain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's definitely real. I reduced sugar and carbs from my diet and I stopped being hungry all the time and I lost a lot of weight in a very little time spawn. Sure, it's horrible in the first week, but after that you won't even feel it.

idk, but I have IBS and probiotics just give me diarrhea that smells like rotten eggs in a sewer.

Yes, you dumb fuck they are real. And it's not sugar they crave, it's the hard to digest stuff like FIBRE which you should be eating to cultivate and maintain your gut health. In addition to that, consume foods which contain pre and probiotics as well as food that are fermented like yogurt, cheese, kimchi, etc.

The good bacteria feed off insoluble fiber dipshit, not sugar

>kimchi
Fucking weeabs, I swear. A million and one different fermented foods he could have picked, and he goes with kimchi.

I know they exist I'm just specifically wondering about sugar cravings. If I force myself to stop eating sugar will I go back to my old ways of not ever really craving it like said.

it's not that they crave sugar it's that the signalling they're giving your brain is that the food you ate was of little nutritional value, so it is telling you to eat MORE. eat a balanced HEALTHY diet, including stuff that's hard to digest which will actually help maintain your gut flora diversity (i.e. the efficiency of your gut to extract nutrition from food) and you will be less likely to over eat

>trying to kill off symbiotic bacteria

hahahahaha

I had a chicken breast with a sweet potato and green beans for dinner, but it's 11 pm and I am tempted to go get a McFlurry from McDonalds. I'm not dehydrated either.

Uhh .. it's probably more that your hunger hormones are tied to the times of day you typically eat.

So if you go months eating something at 10:00 pm then you'll start to get hungry consistently at 9:00 - 10:00 pm.

Hence why we get hungry at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

There's also the factor of insulin & blood sugar related to the timing since your last meal & what the meal composition was last time you ate.

Eat an apple or fruit

As an addendum: just wait for the ghrelin to titrate down in response to you not eating.

Hunger hits a physiological peak (probably right now) and rapidly declines.

If you're hungry then just wait, in short order you wont be.

Seems self-evident, but I'd say its not since of the obesity epidemic.

>he doesn't infest his own gut bacteria with his own DNA from nervous system cells and internally berate them til they only crave mako shark steaks spinach and steel cut oats
Apply yourself

I don't think sugar cravings have to do with your gut bacteria. I think that has to do more with reward receptors in your brain. Sugar and fat (or sugary fat) or other junk food cravings? Brain related - pleasure, reward, whatever.

However, if you're craving red meat, or a certain veggie, or fish, then your body (and maybe your gut bacteria are involved) needs this vitamin, or that mineral, or needs more fiber.

Ice cream is gonna trigger addiction. Get away from it, and yes, it will improve.

see
it's not your gut telling you to gorge on ice cream. it's your brain. i.e. it's psychological. man the fuck up.

It's because of insulin, not gut bacteria

tempeh then

People having sugar cravings are so weird to me. I've literally never preferred sugar/dessert over actual dinner food.

Where can I get that? From the tempeh agency?

>time spawn

lold

scientificamerican.com/article/gut-second-brain/
Our digestive tract affects us so much it's literally being called the "second brain". Pretty interesting stuff.

>And does limiting yourself from eating sugar, for example, really kill them off?
Sugar is fully absorbed in the small intestine. It has no effect on the microbiome.

>late night ice cream
Ice cream is high in fat.

you seem clueless

I'm pretty sure your brain just got addicted to the sugar rush.

Some kimchi is sugary
doesn't have to be though. Very delicious with plenty of traditional meals you can make with it and some more fusion dishes that are good too.

To imply your microbiome can message with your brain is incorrect. Bacteria cant tell you too eat sugar. Your body will crave certain foods under different conditions, think feeling thirsty for water but also psychological links such as sugary foods and pleasure systems in your brain. Your microbiome remains relatively stable if your diet remains stable and probiotics don't influence it that much. However when you get food poisoning, get stressed, eat different foods for a long time your bodies internal environment can change (nutrient avilability, temperature, ph, stress hormones etc) influencing the microbiome.
>tldr
>cant directly make you crave "x"
>alterations in your body can affect microbiome composition
>nutritional levels or psychological reasons more likely for cravings

One caveat, if you have overgrowth or a parasite e.g tapeworm that will affect body nutritional levels and make you crave "xyz"

>time spawn

kifflom, jacob b praised, the last time bender, destroyer of time (dont b an antithesis)

10th paradigm, 43000 places all at once, 43th dimension

I am not, thanks for your concern.

The great majority of gut bacteria reside in the colon and only have access to undigested, unabsorbed nutrients such as fiber. Refined sugar is absorbed to around 100% in healthy people and cannot possibly affect the gut microbiome.

Ice cream is high in fat, sugar and concentrated tastes, like almost all junk food. So blaming the sugar is already retarded since you are blind to the fact you are eating a concoction of fat, sugar, salt and aromatics that makes it taste good which is why you eat it. Without fail, people who "are addicted to sugar" or "crave sugar" never actually eat or even want plain sugar, which would seem to invalidate those specious claims.