"eating well"

What does eating well look like for you? I don't really understand what a balanced diet looks like.

Brown Rice and lean chicken with mixed veggies? Is that a balanced lunch?

Other urls found in this thread:

cronometer.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't please, you don't know what you have started with this topic.

W-what do you mean? I'm just looking for diet tips, don't want any trouble now

Variety, moderation and unprocessed food, coupled with appropriate portions for your goals.

That's literally all you need to know. Maybe shit like keto or IF work, often the science isn't settled and for the 99.9% of non-professional athletes theyre in threes reason if diminishing returns.

Chicken, brown rice and mixed veg is a pretty perfect healthy meal for most but even that you want to mix it up. Have some salmon and quinoa one day, chicken and lentil curry another, red meat in only moderation if you really want to be healthy and minimize your cancer risk.

Bread.

Cool thanks. One thing I've been wondering, are all deli meats processed? Even the ones that the butchers slice up themselves from a sausage?

Should I be making my sandwiches with lean chicken I slice myself?

Okay, here are my tips:

1. Eat a lot of veggies / fruits.
2. When eating meat it should be mostly chicken and fish (search up for mercury levels in different kinds of fish).
3. Eat whole grains mostly. (But from what I've read there's no much difference between brown and white rice).
4. Consume some portion of fats: olive oil, canola oil, fatty fish, avocado, nuts, eggs, etc.
5. If you don't eat fatty fish, take fish oil capsules.
6. You can drink milk in moderation (I think max two servings a day).
7. If your diet is good 80-90% of the time, I don't think there's much problem with eating shit from time to time.
8. If you want to make it more exact, calculate your calories and macros, and you can even look at your vitamin intakes in this page:
cronometer.com/
9. If you are deficient in any vitamin/mineral take a supplement. Most people should supplement with Vitamin D (between 800-1000IU a day), because in the modern world we don't get much sun exposure, and if you're black you get even less. I also take 200mg of magnesium, and 5mg of zinc a day.

Thanks! I take fish oil and vitamin d already but what is the magnesium and zinc for exactly?

Some deli meats are okay. As an example, prosciutto is litterally salted dried meat.

For me it means

>getting ~200g protein
>no more than 50-60g fat
>20-30g fibre everyday
>rest of my calories preferably mostly non-sugar based carbs

Anyone who says otherwise is a DYEL who doesn't understand how to maximise body-composition.

It's bad luck not to lick a dog's dick (or at least smell it) before every rep.

Fuckyiu'mo

Generally, eating well means you're hitting all of your daily macros and micros.

For me personally? As long as I had my rice, sesame oil and salt is all good.

need more fibre

Nah.

10g fiber for every 1000 calories.

Taking in more than that can cause issues with digestion, the fiber can actually eat away at the macros you ingest, yes that actually happens. Not to mention too much fiber will bloat you as much as not eating enough of it.

>the fiber can actually eat away at the macros you ingest, yes that actually happens
So we should be like this guy?

Wow
What a bunch of horseshit

This user has it right.
It's important to look at your food as fuel for your various bodily fictions. Macro nutrients are the big picture, but variety and attention to detail are important to hit your micronutrients to ensure healthy liver, skin, hair, gut function. Oversimplifying diet is just like oversimplifying routines. Sure you can get big from just doing squats deads bench and OHP, but without accessories like facepulls, rows, and the like you'll end up with huge imbalances that make you unhealthy, much like dietary imbalances will fuck your shit up over time.

This is my cheap diet

Breakfast

Porridge- clean shit not in flavored sachets mine are called ancient grains so it's got tons of good shit didn't use to like porridge but am amped for this shit everyday.
In porridge I use cinnamon and raisins, use water only as grab milk for protein shake

Greek yoghurt- mine is a coconut x2 protein yoghurt fucking hella healthy and the coconut flavor sounds weird right? But will make you jizz your pants.

1 scoop protein with skim milk I use like half a cup I'm on the cheap yakno.

Breakfast 2:

Protein bread yea it's a fucking thing here alright cost about the same as normal bread and popping 10g

4 eggs can have more do w/e the fuck u want apart from frying and if wana scramble cup microwave no other shit look it up.

And have porridge too mostly, no protein shake for this one

Lunch

Fucking 2 tins of tuna clean flavors when possible none of that yank shit real herbs and chilis and shit here senpai, I'm a picky mother fucker but Thai chili is the bomb add extra hot sauce if you want kick that metabolism.

Brown rice and it's fucking tasty as fuuuuck with Thai spiced tuna. Makes you filler and half a cup dry will turn out pretty much the whole fucking plate so it looks like your eating a shit ton.

Throw some of that cali and broc delight in nuke that shit from frozen bags

Lunch 2

Fucking frozen chicken breast cram that shit in the oven 2 or so
Put a light strip of kewpie only a little goes a long way. Whole grain mustard seeds with garlic and wrap that shit with lettuce and munch down throw some salad and fuck your shit up keep it clean.

Dinner- just have what the senpai is having I live in a country that tend to have less processed shit or maybe it's my family Idk dinners are usually clean 80% on the plate each meal

are you trying to gain or lose?
eating healthy in a general way means just "know your food and goals" to me. as unprocessed as possible and in accordance to your longterm plans for physical appearance. there is just no such thing as a one diet fits all policy.

I meant to say minerals, not macros.

Yes, excessive fibre intake actually takes away minerals from your body and causes bloating.

You autists think more = better, typical immature nooby assumption.

What are you supposed to do if your taste buds suck and vegetables bring you to the edge of puking?

I've actually vomited from eating tomatoes before. I'm really trying bros but it's not just a mindset.

Awww. Foodies have to be Yummie or Baby Boom Boom has a Uh-Oh spit-up all over his Bibbie Wibbie? Awww.

So, basically, you ate one vegetable and didn't like it you immediately decided that you don't like the taste of vegetables.

>because you can't try other vegetables amirite?

That's not a lot of fat

Do you just not eat vegetables at all? What does your diet look like? How are you even alive?

Here is what i usually eat
3+ servings veggies
1-2 serving fruit
3 servings dairy
2 servings meat
Fish 2+ servings per week (salmon)
Nuts at least 3 servings a week

I end up eating highish fat, moderate protein, moderate carbs

Actually use a scale and make sure youre eating correct serving sizes not a random amount

3+ servings veggies
1-2 serving fruit
3 servings dairy
2 servings meat
Fish 2+ servings per week (salmon)
Nuts at least 3 servings a week

I end up eating highish fat, moderate protein, moderate carbs

Actually use a scale and make sure youre eating correct serving sizes not a random amount

3+ servings feces
1-2 serving feces
3 servings feces
2 servings feces
Feces 2+ servings per week (poop)
Feces at least 3 servings a week

I end up eating highish feces, moderate feces, moderate feces

Actually use a toilet and make sure youre eating correct pooping feces not a random amount of feces

I've tried plenty of vegetables. The only ones I like are raw carrots, baby spinach and broccoli. Everything else I've tried taste likes garbage. Straight up, disgusting to me. It's not my fault, I really try but my tastebuds are worthless.

On the flipside, a lot of desserts taste like shit to me too. So that's a bonus I guess. I don't eat much junk food because of that.

S-SHUT UP
MY TASTEBUDS NEVER MATURED

I eat those three vegetables I mentioned above and that's it for veggies.

Also I don't like many fruits. I only eat Apples, Oranges and Bananas and Watermelon.

Everything else is disgusting. Strawberries, other berries, peaches, kiwis, etc. everything. life sucks.

Hoooly shit How can people live with that little fiber ???

Had the same problem and what worked for me was going wholefood no oil, salt or bread vegan. Since nothing I ate was delicious eventually my tastebuds changed and I truely think veggies and healthy food are delicous now.

this image + learning about proper portioning for your activity level

Magnesium deficiency: Early signs include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and weakness.
Zinc deficiency: lack of alertness, loss of appetite, wounds that won’t heal , decreased sense of smell and taste, diarrhea.
Zinc deficiencies can in fact result in a down regulation of thyroid to the point where
energy expenditure is substantially reduced.

Is it ok to take a multi-vitamin and then extra vitamins on top of it? I feel like multi-vitamins don't give enough.

>What does eating well look like for you?

Eating based birds of gains, and their unborn children, in large quantities.

Spices, spices everywhere.

Eating well is the most common sense thing that you've learned since kindergarten.

Don't eat processed food. Eat vegetables, fruit, and protein. Fat from natural food is not bad for you.

That's really all there is to it. The online health and fitness community blows it out of proportion.

Hey, guy?

(reddit space)

Fuck you.

Fucking kill yourself. Formatting your post with paragraphs or breaks isn't "reddit spacing" you goddamn nigger.

Oh my B dawg my B. I didn't even notice that you used "reddit spacing," I put that in there to defend myself against accusations of reddit spacing. I just got the urge to tell someone "Fuck you" and it looked like you were making a serious post that you cared about.

(reddit space)

Pic related is how I feel towards you now.

Fewest possible steps between coming out of the ground/animal and your mouth = good.

With nitrates.

eating 5x a day moderate portions so my body keeps up with energy spent at th gym and other activities.
Normally I eat protein - red meat, fish, beef, pork - to get proteins, that are the building blocks
Eat quite a lot of carbs - the salary for the builders, that put the blocks in place - usually rice, oats.
And finally fruit and vegetables for vitamins and fiber (yeah, eating a lot of protein makes you poop protein and it is not nice at all).

Today for example I ate
1. ~7:30 omlet from 3 eggs with cheese and some meat. drank coffee
2. ~11:00 ate another omlet I took with me to work (basically same as above. so 6 eggs altogether). drank almost a liter of water throughout this period of time
3. ~13:00 are 3 cutlets and fistful of rice for lunch. Ate some 3 apples. drank coffee and black tea
4. ~16:00 since I am going to go to gym at about 18:30 I can't eat heavy.
Ate a cheeseburger (small one), drank water, ate few more apples (our subsidary company sells apples, so theres tons)

... at this point I should drink light protein shake, right before workout, but alas, I dont drink it. Or you could drink it right after.

gym

At about 21:00 ate a fistful of dried fruit, a banana, 2 cups of cottage cheese with sour cream and salt + 1 cup of milk.

sleep.

imo eating well is just feeling around the proper food you need. If you know you will go to gym and also will have stressful job, eating more carbs and sweets will be better.
If you have a lazy week, cutting on carbs will be good, even if you will work out more.

Eating some odd things liek pancakes or cheeseburgers is ok if you can burn them quick - depends on your activity level x genetics.
For example I literally need to eat only junk food in large quantities for a month or more to get noticable fat.

Eating well imo includes not drinking alcohol - it is almost pure sugar.
I also cut on weed, since smoking was messing with my blood sugar, and I dont want to trade 1,2 days for one happy evening

>fruits
I find fruits to be too sweet and sugary to be a good source of vitamins.
I rather get my vits from pills

Don't eat anything that tastes sweet or is processed, extracted, refined, whatever.

If you eat carbs make sure the food also has a lot of fiber.

I especially like lentils and beans for mad gains.

I never looked into meme diets like keto but I imagine they are quite similar.

My penis slllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiding into your pussy, Sir.

eat like an actual italian would

>200g of protein
>60g of fat

That doesn't work for me, my BMR is 1700 kcal and I don't know any food with a protein/kcal ratio good enough to get that much protein in a ~2000kcal diet without eating basicly only lean quark three times per day.

Do you shit like once a week?

>~150g of protein from a variety of animal sources such as beef, chicken, fish, pork, and eggs
>2 o 4 servings of leafy green and cruciferous vegetables
>2 to 4 servings of raw fruit
>~16 ounces of whole milk
>~12 ounces of a homemade trail mix which includes almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, and chocolate chips
>1 to 2 servings of quality carbohydrates which from golden white potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole oats or yams etc.

If you are not following this you objective don't know about human nutritional needs or on a certifiable meme diet.

I still struggle with my eating habits.
I have lost 20lbs in 3 months down to 480lbs so I am making progress. I am happier with my body than ever before but I still have issues with healthy food.

For example, I cannot eat vegetables without feeling light headed and angry. Broccoli actually makes me enraged and furious. I cannot eat Broccoli without wanting to smash my head on a wall.

I feel pretty disgusting though. some of the eating habits I have are shameful. for example i clump together lots of gummy candies into a long stick then use elastic bands to tie it to my dick, and suck it pretending i am sucking my dick. it makes me think i am losing weight enough to bend and suck my dick. i fucking hate mysefl. FYI average day for me

breakfast: chocolate cereal with chocolate milk and chocolate sprinkles
lunch: 8 half sandwiches, usually jelly or marmalade
dinner: usually a few burgers. i tried lentil soup but lentils are disgusting, and the shape makes me sick.
snacks: usually chips, at least 2 large bags, and sometimes i mix my own piss with sugar because i like the taste and smell.

>i clump together lots of gummy candies into a long stick then use elastic bands to tie it to my dick, and suck it pretending i am sucking my dick.
>sometimes i mix my own piss with sugar because i like the taste and smell.

please be kidding

Who is this guy? I was trying to look him up the other day but couldnt remember the name

can you stomach garlic, leek, potatoes, various nuts, onions, celery?

motherfucker burned a church in my city.

Here's what I usually eat
3+ servings Daddy Dick™
1-2 serving Daddy Dick ™
3 servings Daddy Dick™
2 servings Daddy Dick™
Daddy Dick™ 2+ servings per week (cock)
Daddy Dick™at least 3 servings a week

I end up eating highish Daddy Dick™, moderate Daddy Dick™, moderate Daddy Dick™

Actually use a real man and make sure your sucking correct cock head not a random amount of Daddy Dick™

this is a reddit space you fag. learn the difference.

Wait what lol? who is this guy

>doesn't know Count Grishnackh

also fuck your kike church