How do I get somewhat Veeky Forums without going to the gym...

How do I get somewhat Veeky Forums without going to the gym? I know how to lose weight: Just eat fewer calories than I expend. I mean, I usually eat junk, but I don't eat much of it, so it should be okay, right?

However, obviously I don't want to lose muscle. Now, I'm a manlet and I'm a bit chubby, so I don't want to go to the gym in case I get mocked.

So, what kind of weight should I start at if I purchase online? Would dumbbells suffice? I have a small room, so a barbell won't really fit. I'm aiming to get in slightly better shape prior to gym just so I won't look too pathetic. As far as cardio goes I'll just walk round the park or something.

Would dumbbells suffice? If so, how exactly am I supposed to use them?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no no no no NO!

Stop eating shit food and go to the fucking gym you lazy faggot!

Bodyweight calisthenics, the main series are
- pushups
- squats
- leg raises
- bridges
- pullups
- handstand pushups

Quit sethrogin' and get serious!

>doing handstand pushups
>ever
lol enjoy your squished flat pancake head

people at the gym should leave you alone or even respect you for taking the first steps into being a healthboi. just fucking go already.

>t. been going to the gym since I was a pudgy, stick figure 16 year old, never been harrased and have actually been spotted by quite a few people during my early years

why don't you go back to lickin' 'ners LIKE YO MAMA DONE DID

Can I not just eat shit food but still stick to my calorie goals?

tbph lad I tried a couple of times but ended up having a panic attack. Like, not only am I small but I'm also fat. If I was one and not the other, maybe I could hope to give it a go, but both together is just asking to be judged tbqh

I have a shit ton of clients who come to me with more or less this exact situation. Here is what I tell them
>there is no proven science that says you need 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to build muscle.
>Being super lean is not necessarily healthy, but being as fat as you are is probably worse.
>When you start at rock fucking bottom like you are now, you will easily see results with the simplest of exercises such as pushups, pullups and jogging.
>Diets and newyear-resolution training isn't helping you in the long term. You need to fully commit yourself to a lifestyle change. This doesn't happen overnight.
>sex with traps is not gay. its just a prank bro

Now if you are unsure of these advice, keep in mind I'm actually a feng shui consultant and this might not be for you.

How did you guys broke your gym intimidation (if you had one)?

>I care more about what others think of me than I care about what I think of myself

No one judges you in the gym unless you go there and don't work your ass off. Nobody judges you for being fat, they judge you for being lazy.

Except women. Women judge everyone about everything.

I held your son, who's twice as pathetic as I am, in front of my body as a shield.

>However, obviously I don't want to lose muscle.
>eat shit food but still stick to my calorie goals?
Which one is it. You can't maintain muscle mass with a shitty diet unless you are roiding. Of course you can stick to your caloric goal but have fun getting enough protein from McDonalds.

Bro you will be fine dont listen to all these haters you will be skinnyfat and thats all you really need

By not being a lazy faggot and actually busting my ass in the gym to better myself. When it finally pays off your confidence will skyrocket.

Lose weight by switching to a keto diet. Getting a personal trainer is the easiest way to get introduced to the gym. Otherwise, just go and eventually you'll become comfortable there. New shit is hard to do in all facets of life.

You need to realise that nobody will give a fuck about you in the gym. Nobody is paying any attention to what you are doing. There will be people in the gym who are in much worse shape than you. You will see all kinds of people in the gym, especially if you sign up to a commercial gym - obese people, ultra skinny people, old people, school kids, bodybuilders, casuals who are just there to fuck around. There are people at my gym with prosthetic limbs, and also mentally handicapped people who come in with their carers.

All of these people mind their own business. People will not even look up to see you when you walk in the door, they are only interested in their own workout, as they should be. Seriously nobody cares, just go and see for yourself what it's like, and when you do you'll realise how dumb you're being.

I walked up to the chad committee standing guard in front of the weight room and asked permission to lift.
The biggest dude told me to go towel down all the benchs his crew had been using and then allowed me to access the machines and light dumbbells.
In a month or so, im going to go see if im allowed to use the bars and heavier dumbells. Not sure what ill have to do.

>gym intimidation
I went with a friend, we held hand and whispered "just let it happen"

Never gonna make it

this. pushups are so good. I'm also a yoga fag. Helps with posture and flexibility.

fag. fag. fag. fag. fag. fag. fag. fag.

lol whatever dude. it helps

fuhayyyug

>How do I get somewhat Veeky Forums without going to the gym?
Purchase a squat rack
> I mean, I usually eat junk, but I don't eat much of it, so it should be okay, right?
Macros matter. Junk food is low in protein.
> Now, I'm a manlet and I'm a bit chubby, so I don't want to go to the gym in case I get mocked.
>As far as cardio goes I'll just walk round the park or something.
Do something that's NOT easy if you choose to do cardio. Don't do long distance. All that it takes is sprints.
Read the sticky. Also, go to a gym like the YMCA. The equipment is not bad and it is mostly older people there.

this basically. but....
in my city there are kind of "elite" gyms where people actually will give you nasty looks for being a fat normie. not exactly hard to figure out where to go though

you can try swimming a fuck ton
>warm up: 10 50m sprints on 1 min your rest is how much time you have till next minute
>5x 100m 30 sec rest between sets
>3x 200m 30 sec rest btween sets
>1x 500m
> tread water 5x 3-5 min
>30x 25m sprints 30 sec rest between sets
>cooldown: 300m slow and easy
do this 4-5x a week for 6 months youll look pretty good
increase tread time/ sets when it gets easier
and/or decrease rest times
dont forget to eat right

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Get rings, they are more fun

i go to uni gym and totally judge when i see fat/scrawny dudes coming in and acting stupid with weights.

last week 2 scrawny autismos come in with their fat ring leader and start doing 15lb 1 arm hammer curls, but terrible form and basically dragging the dumbbell up their body, then they switch to 1 arm lat raises same side, horrible form, slinging their entire body, then they leave without doing the otherside.

kek

you could have just shown them how it's done. would have cost you 2 minutes of your time

FUCK to the
YOU to the
STINKY-ASS JEW