Are you a novice?

Can you do 1/2/3/4 for 5reps?
I'm guessing most of you can't.

I can't. I don't even squat or deadlift

Yes. Started about 3 weeks ago. I can do 1 plate Squat and Dead-lift now though and it feels pretty good. My reason for lifting was to help me sleep and fight back the atrophy that was giving me lower back pains. I'll get there. I've no interest in getting big but I like to do the best I can for focus.

6 months in, only got the OHP so far. Got it a while ago tho.
Squat and DL are not even close.
Bench is getting there.

I meant "yes" as in "YES, I CAN'T" or "Yes, I'm a novice". I need to read my stuff 3 times over I guess.

Same.

I'm above 1/2 forOHP and Bench but never squat or DO

Yes, although I'm shite at OHP. How do I put it into PHUL so I can actually make progress in it?

no and I'm 3.5 years into lifting

How much is two plates in kg? I often hear 20kg per plate x 4 + 20kg bar = 100 kg but my bar only weights 10kg.
I can bench 90kg 5x5 so do I bench 2 plates?

I can do 1 and 2 for 5x5, I am almost at 3 (275) but nowhere near 4 (lmao3pl8)

How do I ramp up my lower body development?

yes/yes/ow mine knee/yes

patrician programing desu

well no. 2pl8 means 100kg

i can do 1 plate seated mp, 2plate incline bench, 3 plate front squat and 4 plate snatch grip deadlift for 5
get on me level

I don't know whether it's because I have shit proportions or because squat is Veeky Forums's fav gymcel lift and they have ridiculous standards for it but I've reached 1/2//4 and my squat is nowhere near 140kg for 5, I have no idea how or why anyone would have such a high squat number.

125/185/325/385
I could probably hit /4/ now if I didn't squat the same day I deadlift. But I'm doing Texas method rn. Bench is my weakest, probably because I only started doing them later on because I was too nervous about doing them without a spotter. Hoping to go well past 1/2/3/4 before the end of the year.

>1pl8 snatch press
>2pl8 reverse grip bench
>3pl8 hack squat
>4pl8 jefferson lift

about 4 months in
>115/160/215/280
>all for working sets of 8 (5 for diddly though)
>5'10'' 185

I'm feeling pretty good, 1/2/3/4 will be a nice milestone, I think I might be able to hit it at 8 months or so, though I have cut weight and am still slow cutting.

4 pl8 jeffereson is less impressive than snatch grip m8
so is hack lift i can do 3 plates for like 15-20 reps

thought we were just lifting dumb "alternative" lifts. I don't actually do jeffersons, I like my spine as is.

>been cutting for the past year as manlet
>Still can't do close to 1/2/3/4
I feel like I've wasted my time, this is frustrating. I figured as a beginner I still should have reached close to 1/2/3/4 with noob gains even if I was cutting

I just look like a skinny fat faggot right now, fuck

your bench (and OHP) is the weakest because you're on Rippetoad programming

snatch grip is safer than regular deadlift imho
and way better
hack lift is dumb,dont like it either

pfft 1/2/3/4 is small time.
most beginners reach that within a couple of months and are running 45 minute 10kms.
come back when you can impress me manlet.

Is everyone on here lower body dominant?
I remember it took me like 3 months to 1pl8 OHP, 1 more to 2pl8 bench. Now, 4 months later, I closing in on 4pl8 dl but doing 2pl8 squats for 5 fucking kills me. I have 26" quads tho.
Doesn't matter because in real life nobody gives a crap about lower body """""strength""""" but still.

it took me longer to bench 225 than to deadlift 500 lmao

shit meant 2 more for bench

I'm the same way (160 bench, 215 squat). Upper body has way more androgen receptors, so it could be that we are responding that way do to higher test? I've always trained squats and deads, probably with more frequency than bench or ohp but those lifts shoot up faster, don't know how else to essplain it.

EH

hack lifts can work if you do them off a box
jeffersons are the single most retarded lift I've ever heard of.

I think it is normal for our lower bodies to be stronger just from the role our legs perform on a daily basis. And this is purely anecdotal but it seems like people who's squats lack are either suffering from poor form or they don't train legs with the same intensity that they do upper body.

you are either built more favorably for OHP and bench than for deadlift and squat, or just enjoy those lifts more so you push harder

diddlies are my favorite lift and I hate ohp, but my shoulders are relatively wide so maybe that's it.

you probably have some stubby arms relative to your height

My wingspan is a couple inches longer than height though.

shoulder width factors into wingspan, so your arms still may be average or below length if you have some exceptionally broad shoulders

shieet nigga I think you are right.

>tfw i can bench 90kgs for 5 reps no problem
>tfw i'm afraid of going past 100kg on (sumo) deadlift because i don't want to snap my shit up
Having short arms(and a short torso) is both a blessing and a curse

just high handle trap bar deadlift your shit up (unless you want to powerlift)

my gym doesn't have a trap bar
i've contemplated being an autist and buying one for myself, pretty expensive though

Yep. Novicefag here. 7 months in. Progressing I guess.

Ohp 95lbs x5
Incline bench 155lbs x5
Squat is terrible. 145 lbs x5
Deadlift 225 x 5

are zercher squats easier on the knees than back?

>7 months
Are you serious?

>novice
>1/2/3/4 for 5 reps
pick one

3 rep maxes:
75/100/125/160 (kg)

t. push presser

see
you should bench atleast 115 for 3, stop cheating

>REEEEE nobody can have stronger shoulders than me.
My knees and hips are literally static during OHP

yet you have an extremely low bench, rly makes you think. Veeky Forumsizens on that e-stat train, press to bench ratio should at most be 65%, more likely to be 60% for anyone that actually presses strict and doesn't do rippetoe layback shit

On and off lifter for 5 years, only on a serious program for 3 months. Have knee injury issues.
Ohp: 145x5
Bench: 225x6
Squat: 225x8
Diddly: 315x5

pretty sure he's serious, those are typical stats if you start at skinny/normal weight.

my stats almost 6 months in. bodyweight 165 lbs

ohp 105 x 5
bench 150 x 5
front squat 165 x 5
deadlift 255 x 5

I guess you don't have to believe me, but I did perform 3 strict (but grindy) reps with 75kg.
Whether or not I could bench more than 100kg for 3 is a different question. Without a spotter, I didn't want to go too high. I did bench 95kg for 10 a couple months ago though...

you could probably do 115+ for a triple then. and 95x10 by far exceeds 100x3. No need to lowball on Veeky Forums when everyone usually exaggerates.

I was close, but then fucked up my back, has surgery, and went out of the country which has basically reset me. Now im 2pl8 dl. 155bench, hundy ohp and 1.5pl8squat

160 bench 215 squat seems relatively balanced to me. I'm at 145/215

Yeah but everybody on here is usually putting up like 100lbs more on squat than bench.

A 405 dead for 5 reps seems way out of proportion with a 3 plate squat for reps. I'm 30 off on squat and 40 off on dl, but noobs gains on squat is going allow me to hit 3p8 in few months. I'd be lucky to put up 4 p8 reps on dead this time next year.

it depends on your relative segment lengths

if you have long limbs relative to your height, you will be a good deadlifter and a poor squatter and bench presser, and if you have short limbs you will be poor at deadlifting but great at squat and bench

I was deadlifting 500 a good while before I ever touched 225 on bench (squat was 3.5pl8, ohp was 1.25pl8)

Oh and lifts @ 150 lbs 5'7":

>OHP: 120 x3
>Bench: 175 x3
>Squat: 235 x3
>Deadlift: 265 x3

I took a couple of months off squat and deadlift cause I injured both my knee and lower back. Working my way back up with both of them.
I better hit 1/2/3/4 at least on this lean bulk.

2 pl8 bench is way out of proportion for 4 pl8 deadlift m8

I weigh ~145 lbs and I really need help on my upper body.

Squat: 205
Deadlift: 225
Bench: 105
OHP: 65

I did stronglifts for about 2 months and I just switched to PPL two weeks ago if that matters.

REE how do people squat so much? I'm the guy with literal 26(.5)" quads and I started at 50kg for 5 fucking reps, 7 months ago. I just broke 2pl8 on my work sets (10 reps)

Nope, not even close. 3x5 I hit 85/135/225/295 yesterday.

lemme see
>don't do OHP, it's a shitty meme exercise
>don't do barbell bench, db bench is better in every way
>don't do squats, leg press is better for hypertrophy
>don't do deadlifts, too much risk for too little benefit

I bet you don't even have a 6-pack, stay mad powerliftards

>don't do OHP, it's a shitty meme exercise
literally the least meme exercise in existence
>don't do barbell bench, db bench is better in every way
bench is kind of useless anyway, dumbbell isn't much better
>don't do squats, leg press is better for hypertrophy
quad hypertrophy, maybe. also what is GH?
>don't do deadlifts, too much risk for too little benefit
little benefits, true. no risks though. and unlike squats and bench it's actually really enjoyable.

>1.75pl8 strict press
>1.5pl8 bench because i bench like twice a month
>3.75pl8 squat
>4.25pl8 deadly

MIRIN PRESS
I
R
I
N

P
R
E
S
S

those for 5?
how long you been liftan?

yeah
about a year
bastardised SS -> TM, with plenty of fucking around
but i started relatively strong (pulled 2pl8 for five on my first day), also ate like 3-4k calories a day
cut's gonna be tough lmao

>press
i have big shoulders and manlet arms (manlet in general, 173 cm)

Mfw can do OHP and bench for 5 reps but can only squat 3pl8 for 3 rep and diddly 2 rep.

Sad day.

Why would you think you would get stronger without eating enough

I kept hearing people go on about how beginners could make pretty good strength gains on a cut, especially if they started off somewhat fat.

Been lifting for 6+months
36kg/56kg/95kg/105kg
Stalled throughout June+July but I'm back on the gains train.
My stats are still very novice but I'm happy that I've made progress from starting at 20kg/20kg/30kg/50kg.

>Stalled throughout June+July but I'm back on the gains train
I hear you. Travelling got me resetting all the time, fuck that shit.

I don't deadlift, but I can do the other ones are warm up weight for me.

I can do 2/3/4/5/6 faggot

You should squad and DL more often, I don't know if it's my genetics or what but I was at 3pl8 deadlift within 1 month of starting. Meanwhile I can't hit 2pl8 bench after 6 months solid of benching twice a week

I'm 175lbs bodyweight and my 5 rep maxes are:
Bench - 265
OHP - 180
Squat - 305
Deadlift - 410

I've been lifting for 3 and half years. A year ago my lifts were above what they are now, but I went on a five month cut and lost 60lbs, and with it a bunch of strength that I'm still working on regaining.

So how many is that in kgs?
1plate is 20kgs right? So one on each sides, is like 40kgs ohp, 80kgs bench, 120kgs squat, and 160kgs deadlift? Is my math correct?

You count the bar you swit. Add 20 kg.

60/100/140/180 kgs

K tks, almost there

done at the gym
>85kg x 5 ohp
>115kg x5 bench
>145kg x5 squat
>185 kg x5 deads

I can 5 rep 1pl8 ohp. Bench is 185, squat is 285, and diddly is 315.

I'm manlet, though, and stepped on the scale this morning at 143 lbs

bullshit. the thread

every single time

getting there I guess, 7 months in @ 178cm 75kg
ohp 45kg
bench 82.5kg
squat 140kg
(sumo) deadlift 160kg

>mfw 170 lbs 5'11

O'Hiddly 135 lbs
Biddly 235
Squiddly 270